• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:53
CEST 00:53
KST 07:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6609 users

[Show] Behind the Scene - Interview Series

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 04:55:42
December 31 2012 17:50 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Hey guys. I'm Alex Rodriguez, or Axeltoss. I'm a StarCraft 2 commentator for MLG and I am on ROOT gaming (as well as host of their show: Decision Making). Recently I've started a little interview series with members of the E-sports community and I'd like to share what I've done so far, as well as receive suggestions for future episodes.

Here is the first episode with Destiny (Steven Bonnell II). I understand he is a bit of a controversial figure in the SC2 scene, but we had a nice conversation about E-sports in general, not focusing too much on his switch to league of legends:

Behind The Scene: Destiny

For the second episode I tracked down Jonathan Burton, the creator and mastermind of the CarbotAnimations series "Starcrafts". We had a great conversation about his history and what goes into the creation of the series:

Behind The Scene: Carbot Animations

For the third episode I convinced Juan "Major" Lopez, the only foriegner on a kespa team, to stay up late to talk with me about his transition to korea and potential participation in Proleague.

Behind The Scene: Major

That's all I have for now, I am currently lining up additional E-sports personalities, figures, and players to continue this through the new year. Please feel free to provide some suggestions for who you would like to see interviewed and I will do my best to make it happen.

I will also keep this thread updated as new episodes occur.

Thanks and happy new year!



Format credit: Torte de Lini
@Axeltoss
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
December 31 2012 17:55 GMT
#2
Great work! It should help a lot of us understand what's up in the community and stuff we can do that can be relevant toe-Sports
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 18:12:41
December 31 2012 18:08 GMT
#3
Hey guys. I'm Alex Rodriguez, or Axeltoss. I'm a StarCraft 2 commentator for MLG and I am on ROOT gaming (as well as host of their show: Decision Making). Recently I've started a little interview series with members of the E-sports community and I'd like to share what I've done so far, as well as receive suggestions for future episodes.

Here is the first episode with Destiny (Steven Bonnell II). I understand he is a bit of a controversial figure in the SC2 scene, but we had a nice conversation about E-sports in general, not focusing too much on his switch to league of legends:

Behind The Scene: Destiny

For the second episode I tracked down Jonathan Burton, the creator and mastermind of the CarbotAnimations series "Starcrafts". We had a great conversation about his history and what goes into the creation of the series:

Behind The Scene: Carbot Animations

That's all I have for now, I am currently lining up additional E-sports personalities, figures, and players to continue this through the new year. Please feel free to provide some suggestions for who you would like to see interviewed and I will do my best to make it happen.

I will also keep this thread updated as new episodes occur.

Thanks and happy new year!


Fixed it up a bit. Rearranged some sentence structure, added URL titles and credits.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
December 31 2012 18:37 GMT
#4
On January 01 2013 03:08 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
Hey guys. I'm Alex Rodriguez, or Axeltoss. I'm a StarCraft 2 commentator for MLG and I am on ROOT gaming (as well as host of their show: Decision Making). Recently I've started a little interview series with members of the E-sports community and I'd like to share what I've done so far, as well as receive suggestions for future episodes.

Here is the first episode with Destiny (Steven Bonnell II). I understand he is a bit of a controversial figure in the SC2 scene, but we had a nice conversation about E-sports in general, not focusing too much on his switch to league of legends:

Behind The Scene: Destiny

For the second episode I tracked down Jonathan Burton, the creator and mastermind of the CarbotAnimations series "Starcrafts". We had a great conversation about his history and what goes into the creation of the series:

Behind The Scene: Carbot Animations

That's all I have for now, I am currently lining up additional E-sports personalities, figures, and players to continue this through the new year. Please feel free to provide some suggestions for who you would like to see interviewed and I will do my best to make it happen.

I will also keep this thread updated as new episodes occur.

Thanks and happy new year!


Fixed it up a bit. Rearranged some sentence structure, added URL titles and credits.


Thanks :D
@Axeltoss
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
December 31 2012 18:41 GMT
#5
destiny really looked tired in his interview; all this drama is taking it's toll
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 31 2012 20:25 GMT
#6
Good stuff btw (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Axeltoss
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States283 Posts
January 21 2013 04:55 GMT
#7
New episode is up! This time I talked to Major:

@Axeltoss
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 7m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.