• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8048 users

[Interview] Code S RO8 Day 1 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
FnaticPink
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark324 Posts
November 20 2012 15:55 GMT
#41
What is "Image Training"?
MooMu
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada615 Posts
November 20 2012 16:02 GMT
#42
On November 21 2012 00:54 Kergy wrote:
Oh no I caught a cold :c

Thanks anyways Hyun!


Shame on you. Korean pros will forever be disappointed you didn't take their warnings seriously.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
November 20 2012 16:10 GMT
#43
Now that Axiom has signed Miya, your team has players of all three races. Has Miya's inclusion into the team been helpful to you?

After Miya-hyung joined, I began to develop the confidence in my TvZ that I didn't have before. Miya has always been on the talkative side. While I was preparing for the Round of 16, he told me a lot of things that were of no help to me at all, but 10% of what he said to me was very useful. Some people are calling Miya-hyung a Zerg deity, so I think it'll help me greatly if I practice with him at my back.


miya so good
owned me in ladder with his protoss so hard / o \
@KawaiiRiceLighT
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
November 20 2012 16:11 GMT
#44
thanks for the translations! quite long interviews today
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
November 20 2012 16:14 GMT
#45
On November 21 2012 00:13 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 22:54 ES.Genie wrote:
TSL sponsored by Sky Digital?! That's pretty big, isn't it?

Hopefully it's not a minor sponsor, TSL getting a major sponsor would be great. We don't know how much they help them, no matter how big the company. Could be great though, and anyway, every sponsor is good. So grats TSL!

Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 00:09 poorcloud wrote:
Ryungs description of miya's advice was pretty hilarious imo

Yes, indeed, i like it a lot as well.



TSL has been sponsored by Sky Digital since Day 1 from what I know. I have seen Sky Digital Keyboard as far back as 6 months ago carry the TSL players on their boxes. their Nkeyboards are really solid ones too.

here is the link to buy them

http://skyok.co.kr/product.php?code=815
Liquid`Bunny
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark145 Posts
November 20 2012 16:15 GMT
#46
What is "Image Training"?

I think it's where you work out different game scenarios in your head without actually playing the game.
Team Liquid
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 16:19:40
November 20 2012 16:18 GMT
#47
On November 21 2012 00:55 EU.Pink wrote:
What is "Image Training"?

If I'm not mistaken it's playing openers against the AI as much as possible to memorise them / get them super tight.

EDIT: guessing coz there was an interview with MMA saying all he did was image training v the AI when he was demoted out of SlayerS house iirc
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 20 2012 17:08 GMT
#48
On November 20 2012 23:08 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2012 22:24 opisska wrote:
I always wonder about this in the interviews, could someone explain, how does it go about the choice of practice partners in Korea? Why do people train so much with people in other teams? Isn't practicing together the main point if being in a team in the first place? Also, are their teams OK with them helping out their potential competitiors?


Well, when practicing very specialized builds for a BoX, a lot of players will probably practice in house so the strategy doesn't leak. However, for general practice and learning how to defend against different builds, it is probably good to practice with others. Playing the same players might make you less 'flexible' when dealing with other styles.

As for helping potential competitors, it works both ways so I think players are ok with it. Mvp practices with MKP, MMA, etc and they played a lot against each other. Of course, the most highly regarded players probably has access to more players since everyone else wants to practice with them to improve their skill level. I remember Mvp's interviews where pretty much all the top players were practicing with him. Of course, they expect the favor to be returned down the road. So just by see the number and quality of practice partner for HyuN, it shows that he is really highly regarded by the Korean pros.

Also, I think this is normal practice in Korea and players don't go 'Well, if you are my friend, you shouldn't practice with an opponent I am facing.'. That is why the practice ban on Slayers was such a big deal and frown upon.


Thanks for the thorough explanation, appreciated.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 20 2012 17:14 GMT
#49
I'm happy to see Ryung enjoying his new team environnement. TB and Genna really doing things right it seems !

HyuN start to feel like a zerg Mvp to me. =d
Warning people of cold and not losing as soon as it's not bo3 anymore haha.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
November 20 2012 17:16 GMT
#50
Is hyun really Royal Roader candidate? I thought he was in code-S before.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
November 20 2012 17:17 GMT
#51
Had to leave at 1-1. I'm not sure if I wanted to see Ryung win more than Marineking lose but I sure am happy now :D
RyungvT to stronk
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
November 20 2012 17:22 GMT
#52
On November 21 2012 02:16 Weavel wrote:
Is hyun really Royal Roader candidate? I thought he was in code-S before.

He never made it into Code S, even though it was pretty much agreed that he had the ability, only his nerves and i guess overconfidence held him back.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
November 20 2012 17:22 GMT
#53
Maaan im so happy for Ryung! 2 more sets and take the championship home!
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
November 20 2012 17:24 GMT
#54
I feel seriously violated by Hyun.
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
November 20 2012 17:30 GMT
#55
sick interviews, thanks for the quick translations!

I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
November 20 2012 17:32 GMT
#56
Gogo Ryung!! Also thanks for the translations!:D
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
November 20 2012 17:36 GMT
#57
On November 21 2012 02:24 Kasaraki wrote:
I feel seriously violated by Hyun.


I too am moist.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
November 20 2012 17:42 GMT
#58
On November 21 2012 00:55 EU.Pink wrote:
What is "Image Training"?


its using your head to train in sc2. u imagine being in a game and imagine ur opponent. this way, u dont think so much about winning *cuz its ur head* but u think about new ways to execute BO and tactics. also, repeating ur BO in ur head so that it will be second nature on the keyboard
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
November 20 2012 19:59 GMT
#59
What aspects have changed for the better for you [since your switch]?

So far, I think I'm the one who put in the greatest amount of time practicing, but I've also paid a lot of attention to things outside the game. I've focused a lot on reading books and performing image training. Before, I would have to sit in front of the PC even during break time, so this arrangement is working out well for me.

I really, really like this comment. Training can only take you so far. I'm glad the free time is helping Ryung to improve. Hyun sure looks scary but I really wish Ryung could take this whole thing down, I hope ex-slayers can obtain good results.
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
November 20 2012 21:34 GMT
#60
On November 21 2012 00:28 Gladiator333 wrote:
Every zerg these days is confident in their ZvP! :D

Hyun has almost always been confident in ZvP.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1309
910 843
ggaemo 723
actioN 538
Mong 234
Shuttle 104
Yoon 90
Dewaltoss 81
Leta 46
soO 33
[ Show more ]
yabsab 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ZergMaN 26
Bale 21
Noble 15
Dota 2
Fuzer 61
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor815
Other Games
summit1g8693
ceh9463
olofmeister408
Happy356
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King117
ArmadaUGS33
trigger12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2367
League of Legends
• Rush1231
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 37m
OSC
14h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.