• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8048 users

[Interview] Code S RO8 Day 1 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
November 20 2012 13:51 GMT
#21
Is Hyun going to fight someone for real
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
November 20 2012 13:54 GMT
#22
TSL sponsored by Sky Digital?! That's pretty big, isn't it?
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 14:10:47
November 20 2012 14:08 GMT
#23
On November 20 2012 22:24 opisska wrote:
I always wonder about this in the interviews, could someone explain, how does it go about the choice of practice partners in Korea? Why do people train so much with people in other teams? Isn't practicing together the main point if being in a team in the first place? Also, are their teams OK with them helping out their potential competitiors?


Well, when practicing very specialized builds for a BoX, a lot of players will probably practice in house so the strategy doesn't leak. However, for general practice and learning how to defend against different builds, it is probably good to practice with others. Playing the same players might make you less 'flexible' when dealing with other styles.

As for helping potential competitors, it works both ways so I think players are ok with it. Mvp practices with MKP, MMA, etc and they played a lot against each other. Of course, the most highly regarded players probably has access to more players since everyone else wants to practice with them to improve their skill level. I remember Mvp's interviews where pretty much all the top players were practicing with him. Of course, they expect the favor to be returned down the road. So just by see the number and quality of practice partner for HyuN, it shows that he is really highly regarded by the Korean pros.

Also, I think this is normal practice in Korea and players don't go 'Well, if you are my friend, you shouldn't practice with an opponent I am facing.'. That is why the practice ban on Slayers was such a big deal and frown upon.
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
November 20 2012 14:23 GMT
#24
On November 20 2012 21:59 wozzot wrote:
You must have a desire to win the IPL as well as the GSL.

Since I'm being asked about my boxing glove and clothing sizes, I think there's also going to be an event related to Fight Club, so I'm looking forward to going to Vegas even more. I think that it's possible for me to take the IPL championship, too, as long as I don't become anxious and mess up my games. As I play more and more Best of X matches, I'm growing more confident that I won't lose to anyone.

HyuN going to have a real fight with Leenock. Screw the bo9 StarCraft match. Boxing fight club at IPL5 gogo!
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
November 20 2012 14:25 GMT
#25
Why is Hyun trying to grab my boob?
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
November 20 2012 14:29 GMT
#26
On November 20 2012 21:59 wozzot wrote:
If you manage to take the GSL, you will become the oldest of Royal Roaders.

I think I'll be glad just knowing that I managed to win, especially since there's only one chance in (Z)Life to become a Royal Roader.


SO PUNNY
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
November 20 2012 15:00 GMT
#27
TB's wife's name is spelled Genna, not Jenna... thought I'd point it out before some big fan gets mad... ~_~
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
November 20 2012 15:04 GMT
#28
On November 21 2012 00:00 Elite_ wrote:
TB's wife's name is spelled Genna, not Jenna... thought I'd point it out before some big fan gets mad... ~_~

whoops. fixed
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
November 20 2012 15:08 GMT
#29
You heard it here first, Miya is the next Nestea.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
November 20 2012 15:09 GMT
#30
Ryungs description of miya's advice was pretty hilarious imo
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
November 20 2012 15:13 GMT
#31
On November 20 2012 22:54 ES.Genie wrote:
TSL sponsored by Sky Digital?! That's pretty big, isn't it?

Hopefully it's not a minor sponsor, TSL getting a major sponsor would be great. We don't know how much they help them, no matter how big the company. Could be great though, and anyway, every sponsor is good. So grats TSL!

On November 21 2012 00:09 poorcloud wrote:
Ryungs description of miya's advice was pretty hilarious imo

Yes, indeed, i like it a lot as well.
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
November 20 2012 15:15 GMT
#32
Now that Axiom has signed Miya, your team has players of all three races. Has Miya's inclusion into the team been helpful to you?

After Miya-hyung joined, I began to develop the confidence in my TvZ that I didn't have before. Miya has always been on the talkative side. While I was preparing for the Round of 16, he told me a lot of things that were of no help to me at all, but 10% of what he said to me was very useful. Some people are calling Miya-hyung a Zerg deity, so I think it'll help me greatly if I practice with him at my back.


Lol, I can just imagine Miya blabbering.

And so it was Crank who went with Ryung today, awesome. I was wondering a bit when I saw him celebrate the victory who the mysterious hugger was. Good guy Crank.
snorlax1
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore233 Posts
November 20 2012 15:21 GMT
#33
Thanks for the translation. Go win this GSL, Ryung
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
November 20 2012 15:28 GMT
#34
On November 20 2012 22:54 ES.Genie wrote:
TSL sponsored by Sky Digital?! That's pretty big, isn't it?

Well it's a sponsor but that's not the Sky Digital you know of. It's a small Korean electronic company (Source)
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
November 20 2012 15:28 GMT
#35
Every zerg these days is confident in their ZvP! :D
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
November 20 2012 15:31 GMT
#36

You must have a desire to win the IPL as well as the GSL.

Since I'm being asked about my boxing glove and clothing sizes, I think there's also going to be an event related to Fight Club, so I'm looking forward to going to Vegas even more. I think that it's possible for me to take the IPL championship, too, as long as I don't become anxious and mess up my games. As I play more and more Best of X matches, I'm growing more confident that I won't lose to anyone.

Hyun vs real-life boxers anyone??? :D
Nimic
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway1360 Posts
November 20 2012 15:34 GMT
#37
So... anyone else desperately want to hear what TB casting in Korean would sound like?
Koesader
Profile Joined April 2012
Netherlands424 Posts
November 20 2012 15:45 GMT
#38
IPL ran out of SC2 players, now they're sending Brad Pitt
Liquid'TaeJa - Grubby - MVPMarineKing - Liquid'Ret - AxCranK - RedBull.Bomber ~~~ Are You Ready For Bombing?
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
November 20 2012 15:49 GMT
#39
So happy for Ryung!
Rooting for him to win it all!
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 15:57:22
November 20 2012 15:54 GMT
#40
Oh no I caught a cold :c

Thanks anyways Hyun!
Everyday Girl's Day~!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1309
910 843
ggaemo 723
actioN 538
Mong 234
Shuttle 104
Yoon 90
Dewaltoss 81
Leta 46
soO 33
[ Show more ]
yabsab 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ZergMaN 26
Bale 21
Noble 15
Dota 2
Fuzer 61
League of Legends
JimRising 561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor815
Other Games
summit1g8693
ceh9463
olofmeister408
Happy356
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King117
ArmadaUGS33
trigger12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2367
League of Legends
• Rush1231
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 37m
OSC
14h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.