• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:33
CEST 12:33
KST 19:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11007 users

Naniwa and Team Dignitas Part Ways - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
991 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 50 Next All
Dac
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada538 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#301
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?
For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

And he gets access to MC and HerO if he joins~

I imagine Nazgul looks for strong players with good personality. And Naniwa is just to volitile in terms of personality.

As mentioned before i felt that naniwa fit in in Dignitas, its too bad really.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#302
I'd love to see Naniwa and SaSe on the same team!
Clazziquai10
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore1949 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 15:58:18
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#303
I bet dignitas will soon be like "hah naniwa, we don't care if u leave us, cos there is this other protoss who is probably as good as you but doesnt have a team, and we are gonna sign him. you might have heard of him by the way, his name is SaSe". XDXD
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#304
The more I think about it, the more I can see Naniwa going to live in a Korean pro-gaming house. This means either a Korean team, or a team with a partnership with a Korean team so he can have a stable practice environment.

However he isn't going to want to undersell himself, which is why I think he turned down FXO. To me this leaves Liquid, EG or Complexity. Now I'm not sure Liquid or EG would want him, EG because they have Huk and Liquid because they possibly can't afford him, and he does have a bit of a reputation, even if that's a bit of an outdated reputation and partly caused by the language and culture difference (Naniwa always seems to get along well with Swedes). To me this leaves Complexity.

And to further reinforce my view that this is where he's going, he is currently living in the MvP house. *Puts down pipe*
PlaGuE_R
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
France1151 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#305
On September 21 2011 00:54 GrungyMunchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?

For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

Liquid usually is very strict in signing players regarding their personality and value to the community. Though Naniwa is undoubtely a great player, I don't know if he fits Liquid profile.


troll?? have you ever heard Nani speak? ever? he has like the most awesome personality, watch SotG episode 41, hes hilarious, look at the DH Valencia picture, he has a great sense of humour; look at Thorzain and naniwa TL attacks. nani would be an AWESOME addition to TL. hey, hey, Nazgul...MOAR SWEDES PLZ :D lol
TLO FIGHTING | me all in, he drone drone drone, me win - SK.MC | JINROLLED! | KraToss for the win
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#306
On September 21 2011 00:55 Blasphemi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:54 GrungyMunchy wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?

For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

Liquid usually is very strict in signing players regarding their personality and value to the community. Though Naniwa is undoubtely a great player, I don't know if he fits Liquid profile.


If Liquid couldn't afford to keep Huk why do you think they will be able to afford Naniwa?

Because I don't think Naniwa is parting ways with Dignitas because of the money.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
September 20 2011 15:57 GMT
#307
On September 21 2011 00:56 PlaGuE_R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:54 GrungyMunchy wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?

For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

Liquid usually is very strict in signing players regarding their personality and value to the community. Though Naniwa is undoubtely a great player, I don't know if he fits Liquid profile.


troll?? have you ever heard Nani speak? ever? he has like the most awesome personality, watch SotG episode 41, hes hilarious, look at the DH Valencia picture, he has a great sense of humour; look at Thorzain and naniwa TL attacks. nani would be an AWESOME addition to TL. hey, hey, Nazgul...MOAR SWEDES PLZ :D lol

Wtf stop dropping the "troll" argument every time someone says something you people don't agree with. Also read my edit to the post you quoted.
PlaGuE_R
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
France1151 Posts
September 20 2011 15:58 GMT
#308
On September 21 2011 00:56 Eufouria wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I can see Naniwa going to live in a Korean pro-gaming house. This means either a Korean team, or a team with a partnership with a Korean team so he can have a stable practice environment.

However he isn't going to want to undersell himself, which is why I think he turned down FXO. To me this leaves Liquid, EG or Complexity. Now I'm not sure Liquid or EG would want him, EG because they have Huk and Liquid because they possibly can't afford him, and he does have a bit of a reputation, even if that's a bit of an outdated reputation and partly caused by the language and culture difference (Naniwa always seems to get along well with Swedes). To me this leaves Complexity.

And to further reinforce my view that this is where he's going, he is currently living in the MvP house. *Puts down pipe*


look at Jinro, nicest guy in the world, he swears so much, remember the group ceremony? Naniwa is basically like Jinro in many ways, incredibly dedicated, funny, swedish(lol) so why wouldnt he fit in TL?
TLO FIGHTING | me all in, he drone drone drone, me win - SK.MC | JINROLLED! | KraToss for the win
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
September 20 2011 15:58 GMT
#309
On September 21 2011 00:55 Blasphemi wrote:
If Liquid couldn't afford to keep Huk why do you think they will be able to afford Naniwa?


Liquid couldn't afford to match EG's offer.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
chaPeL
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany33 Posts
September 20 2011 15:59 GMT
#310
after he fulfilled a contract for the 1st time, dignitas just don't want to take the risk to give him another. They did everything right.
MonDeW
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark369 Posts
September 20 2011 15:59 GMT
#311
I really didn't see this coming, i really think that Nani and Dignitas went so well together. Oh well.

I wish you the best of luck in the future Naniwa, as you are one of my favorite protosses <3
FairForever
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2392 Posts
September 20 2011 15:59 GMT
#312
On September 21 2011 00:56 PlaGuE_R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:54 GrungyMunchy wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?

For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

Liquid usually is very strict in signing players regarding their personality and value to the community. Though Naniwa is undoubtely a great player, I don't know if he fits Liquid profile.


troll?? have you ever heard Nani speak? ever? he has like the most awesome personality, watch SotG episode 41, hes hilarious, look at the DH Valencia picture, he has a great sense of humour; look at Thorzain and naniwa TL attacks. nani would be an AWESOME addition to TL. hey, hey, Nazgul...MOAR SWEDES PLZ :D lol


Umm...

Not showing up to TSL Finals party after losing to Thorzain
Complaining about close map position at EU Blizzcon Qualifiers after losing to Ret (and going "hehe" when he scouts the close pos)

And those are the recent ones when he was part of Dignitas (not even the ones long before). Just because he's hilarious (just like Idra) doesn't mean he's BM and a bad fit for TL. Also if they were gonna shell out the money for Nani they would've just found a way to keep HuK, I'm pretty sure Naniwa is going to command a salary at a comparable level.
Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
September 20 2011 15:59 GMT
#313
This is your chance col! :O A coL pick up would be great then he'd automatically get to MVP house and then any necessary flight out to foreign events.

On September 21 2011 00:51 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:49 Tomcattomato wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:47 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Why do people say a korean team is gonna pick him up? No korean team has nearly enough money. Stop saying that. He is not gonna play for food and shelter alone...


Judging by his interviews where he hammers on the fact that he would do anything to become the best SC2 player in the world, I could definitely see Naniwa doing just this.


I don't think he will. He is a very proud person and pretty well known in the scene. He is gonna play without a salary for food and shelter alone while other foreigners who are far less accomplished get payed and sponsored?


"If I'm not the best, then I have no reason to play" Paraphrased. He says that all the time in interviews.
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
September 20 2011 16:00 GMT
#314
If NaNiwa joins EG, I'm gonna be really really really REALLY mad. Hope he joins a Korean team instead.
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
clayn
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany444 Posts
September 20 2011 16:00 GMT
#315
RedditNaniwa.
KayBee
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden156 Posts
September 20 2011 16:00 GMT
#316
Hmm, intresting indeed ...
#2GDStudio
KillAudio
Profile Joined October 2010
1364 Posts
September 20 2011 16:00 GMT
#317
EGNaniwa? funniest shit if it ever happens
From a scale of sheth to idra, how mad are you?
KingVietKong
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States170 Posts
September 20 2011 16:01 GMT
#318
On September 21 2011 00:56 Dac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:52 Gamegene wrote:
On September 21 2011 00:52 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'd say Liquid`Naniwa though I can see Nazgul not wanting to sign him. Other than that I think it would be the best deal for him.


o.o

Why wouldn't he want to sign him?
For the most part, he's just really really really passionate about winning.

And he gets access to MC and HerO if he joins~

I imagine Nazgul looks for strong players with good personality. And Naniwa is just to volitile in terms of personality.

As mentioned before i felt that naniwa fit in in Dignitas, its too bad really.


I really don't think Nani is all that volatile as far as his public personality goes. Maybe he's nuts behind the scenes but that's impossible to say. I still don't think Liquid is looking to sign more players at the moment and that this whole conversation is kind of moot, but I don't think Nani's personality is particularly against Liquid's principles.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
September 20 2011 16:01 GMT
#319
--- Nuked ---
Dispersion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Korea (South)504 Posts
September 20 2011 16:01 GMT
#320
That man is going to be part of IM soon.
Don't worry. Taht's just Halo
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
Lowko91
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 787
Soma 625
Jaedong 473
BeSt 367
Horang2 362
Light 283
910 254
Hyuk 247
Stork 197
Soulkey 187
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 120
Pusan 119
Mini 117
Snow 117
ZerO 84
Last 73
Dewaltoss 69
Rush 60
Mind 52
Shinee 49
Mong 46
Killer 40
ggaemo 35
hero 32
Creator 25
Bale 25
Sharp 19
yabsab 13
sorry 12
Sacsri 12
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc4748
XcaliburYe130
League of Legends
JimRising 334
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1451
pashabiceps844
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2989
Khaldor769
Other Games
gofns39131
singsing1558
ceh9633
XBOCT301
Pyrionflax245
DeMusliM177
Mew2King111
ArmadaUGS44
trigger11
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream241
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH303
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1485
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
28m
Stellar Fest
2h 28m
The PondCast
23h 28m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.