• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:39
CEST 22:39
KST 05:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7862 users

[WCS AM] Challenger Day 3 Season 2 2014 - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 19 Next All
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:17 GMT
#281
On May 07 2014 09:12 Josh_Video wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:02 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:01 Josh_Video wrote:
On May 07 2014 08:59 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
I'm still bitter about the challenger league format and how one match determines your WCS fate, I don't understand why they didn't do it like Code A.
Not just saying this cause my favorite player ever lost, but it's also that I wanted them both in premier and it happens very often that the draws just end in some disappointment. Obviously this would still be the case with groups, but much less so.


I'm guessing due to time constraints, 2 Bo5's is easier than 5 Bo3's i guess.

I suppose, but even that feels like a very weak argument.


Oh, I completely agree is should be groups and not Bo5, but I'm just saying what i assume their reasoning is.

I remember when they announced the 2014 WCS structure, they emphasized on simplifying the challenger league and streamlining it for viewers (which it was pretty much the old Code A and yeah it could be confusing, but I pick up on those things fast ). But regardless, that challenger league gave players chances to come back after losing a match. I think they may have oversimplified the structure, all SC2 viewers understand the double elimination groups and they would've sufficed. So baffling.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
May 07 2014 00:18 GMT
#282
On May 07 2014 09:17 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:12 Josh_Video wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:02 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:01 Josh_Video wrote:
On May 07 2014 08:59 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
I'm still bitter about the challenger league format and how one match determines your WCS fate, I don't understand why they didn't do it like Code A.
Not just saying this cause my favorite player ever lost, but it's also that I wanted them both in premier and it happens very often that the draws just end in some disappointment. Obviously this would still be the case with groups, but much less so.


I'm guessing due to time constraints, 2 Bo5's is easier than 5 Bo3's i guess.

I suppose, but even that feels like a very weak argument.


Oh, I completely agree is should be groups and not Bo5, but I'm just saying what i assume their reasoning is.

I remember when they announced the 2014 WCS structure, they emphasized on simplifying the challenger league and streamlining it for viewers (which it was pretty much the old Code A and yeah it could be confusing, but I pick up on those things fast ). But regardless, that challenger league gave players chances to come back after losing a match. I think they may have oversimplified the structure, all SC2 viewers understand the double elimination groups and they would've sufficed. So baffling.

Yeah. The bracket ----> groups was confusing but I think the way Code A is now is better than how Challenger is in AM and EU
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Josh_Video
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada798 Posts
May 07 2014 00:20 GMT
#283
On May 07 2014 09:17 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:12 Josh_Video wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:02 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:01 Josh_Video wrote:
On May 07 2014 08:59 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
I'm still bitter about the challenger league format and how one match determines your WCS fate, I don't understand why they didn't do it like Code A.
Not just saying this cause my favorite player ever lost, but it's also that I wanted them both in premier and it happens very often that the draws just end in some disappointment. Obviously this would still be the case with groups, but much less so.


I'm guessing due to time constraints, 2 Bo5's is easier than 5 Bo3's i guess.

I suppose, but even that feels like a very weak argument.


Oh, I completely agree is should be groups and not Bo5, but I'm just saying what i assume their reasoning is.

I remember when they announced the 2014 WCS structure, they emphasized on simplifying the challenger league and streamlining it for viewers (which it was pretty much the old Code A and yeah it could be confusing, but I pick up on those things fast ). But regardless, that challenger league gave players chances to come back after losing a match. I think they may have oversimplified the structure, all SC2 viewers understand the double elimination groups and they would've sufficed. So baffling.


Yeah, I could see the old bracket into group stages thing being a little inefficient, but going from that, where a player had 3 chances to get in, to a single Bo5 is bad.
MKP :D ~ MMA ~ Scarlett ~ Taeja ~ Mvp ~ InnoVation ~ Polt | Prime ( RIP :( ) ~ Acer ~ SK Telecom T1 | I enjoyed the locust war of May 3, 2014.
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
May 07 2014 00:22 GMT
#284
Wow! Congratz Hendralisk. Gotta agree with everyone though. I would have liked to have seen groups here, but as is, its going to be a premier league without Scarlett.
Hopefully she keeps confident and motivated and comes out with a huge bang next season and in other leagues.

Excited for Has and Pigbaby. Not particularly a fan of either, but I like to root for Taiwanese and JinAir players, but Pigbaby left JinAir, so gogo Has! XD
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Xinzoe
Profile Joined January 2014
Korea (South)2373 Posts
May 07 2014 00:24 GMT
#285
On May 07 2014 09:11 Undead1993 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:09 mikumegurine wrote:
so pigbaby and Has forced to play on NA server, when both would benefit from less lag on korea server?

well, you know it's called WCS AMERICA for a reason


so? the ro8 will be all korea again, also venue in europe XDDDDDDD
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:25 GMT
#286
On May 07 2014 09:24 Xinzoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:11 Undead1993 wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:09 mikumegurine wrote:
so pigbaby and Has forced to play on NA server, when both would benefit from less lag on korea server?

well, you know it's called WCS AMERICA for a reason


so? the ro8 will be all korea again, also venue in europe XDDDDDDD

Everybody with the misinformation? ESL has bought space in California (don't remember city) and will be hosting all of WCS America from there, including live playoffs.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
May 07 2014 00:26 GMT
#287
On May 07 2014 09:25 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:24 Xinzoe wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:11 Undead1993 wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:09 mikumegurine wrote:
so pigbaby and Has forced to play on NA server, when both would benefit from less lag on korea server?

well, you know it's called WCS AMERICA for a reason


so? the ro8 will be all korea again, also venue in europe XDDDDDDD

Everybody with the misinformation? ESL has bought space in California (don't remember city) and will be hosting all of WCS America from there, including live playoffs.

Yeah just referring to last season.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-07 00:27:49
May 07 2014 00:27 GMT
#288
Has going show up at 6pm PST as agreed upon
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 07 2014 00:27 GMT
#289
Disappointed Scarlett didn't make it but hendralisk has been playing very well and is definitely deserving of a spot in Premier. Good luck next season Scarlett. I wonder if she will try for Code A since she can't really make blizzcon anyways and said she was considering it for season 3 when she left for Korea
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:28 GMT
#290
On May 07 2014 09:27 mikumegurine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:24 Xinzoe wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:11 Undead1993 wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:09 mikumegurine wrote:
so pigbaby and Has forced to play on NA server, when both would benefit from less lag on korea server?

well, you know it's called WCS AMERICA for a reason


so? the ro8 will be all korea again, also venue in europe XDDDDDDD


nope Jim going to get 5th again, and Hendralisk going to be 4th (same as Scarlett's highest placing at WCS NA)

and ESL is renovating a venue in Los Angeles for the WCS NA Ro16

aLive won't be there to take his spot in the non-existent Season 2 Finals after Jim has Visa issues again. Part of me misses those season finals just because of the great games they produced, but it's probably for the best that they're gone.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
May 07 2014 00:29 GMT
#291
On May 07 2014 09:27 Shellshock wrote:
Disappointed Scarlett didn't make it but hendralisk has been playing very well and is definitely deserving of a spot in Premier. Good luck next season Scarlett. I wonder if she will try for Code A since she can't really make blizzcon anyways and said she was considering it for season 3 when she left for Korea


She might as well try at this point, got nothing else to lose. If she could make that I think it would completely redeam the recent slump.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
May 07 2014 00:29 GMT
#292
On May 07 2014 09:28 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:27 mikumegurine wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:24 Xinzoe wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:11 Undead1993 wrote:
On May 07 2014 09:09 mikumegurine wrote:
so pigbaby and Has forced to play on NA server, when both would benefit from less lag on korea server?

well, you know it's called WCS AMERICA for a reason


so? the ro8 will be all korea again, also venue in europe XDDDDDDD


nope Jim going to get 5th again, and Hendralisk going to be 4th (same as Scarlett's highest placing at WCS NA)

and ESL is renovating a venue in Los Angeles for the WCS NA Ro16

aLive won't be there to take his spot in the non-existent Season 2 Finals after Jim has Visa issues again. Part of me misses those season finals just because of the great games they produced, but it's probably for the best that they're gone.

Man that was fortuitous.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
May 07 2014 00:29 GMT
#293
Hendralisk is such a bawss
Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 07 2014 00:30 GMT
#294
On May 07 2014 09:29 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 09:27 Shellshock wrote:
Disappointed Scarlett didn't make it but hendralisk has been playing very well and is definitely deserving of a spot in Premier. Good luck next season Scarlett. I wonder if she will try for Code A since she can't really make blizzcon anyways and said she was considering it for season 3 when she left for Korea


She might as well try at this point, got nothing else to lose. If she could make that I think it would completely redeam the recent slump.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:31 GMT
#295
On May 07 2014 09:27 Shellshock wrote:
Disappointed Scarlett didn't make it but hendralisk has been playing very well and is definitely deserving of a spot in Premier. Good luck next season Scarlett. I wonder if she will try for Code A since she can't really make blizzcon anyways and said she was considering it for season 3 when she left for Korea

I really hope so, although I think I will be away at camp during that Code A it would be awesome to see her get through and have the first foreigner in Code S for a good number of seasons. That would be so sick.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:33 GMT
#296
Alright I am gonna go downstairs and see if I can find the most exquisite cheese that I have to enjoy during this upcoming PvP. Should get into the spirit after all.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
May 07 2014 00:34 GMT
#297
I wish I could get an ad that was not about that new movie with Zac Efron in a frat living next door to Seth Rogen or w/e.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
May 07 2014 00:35 GMT
#298
On May 07 2014 09:34 Darkhorse wrote:
I wish I could get an ad that was not about that new movie with Zac Efron in a frat living next door to Seth Rogen or w/e.


I wish I could get that commercial, at least it would be FUCKING LAGGY AND CRASHY
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 07 2014 00:36 GMT
#299
On May 07 2014 09:34 Darkhorse wrote:
I wish I could get an ad that was not about that new movie with Zac Efron in a frat living next door to Seth Rogen or w/e.

You are jealous of Zac Efron's abs
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 07 2014 00:37 GMT
#300
On May 07 2014 09:33 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Alright I am gonna go downstairs and see if I can find the most exquisite cheese that I have to enjoy during this upcoming PvP. Should get into the spirit after all.

Update: the only cheese I have seemed to find were some cheese sticks. I have failed my duties as a proxy Frenchman.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason21
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3895
Liquid`Hasu2107
Other Games
summit1g5787
B2W.Neo528
byalli471
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0173
KnowMe156
Chillindude21
Railgan17
Trikslyr13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.