• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:14
CEST 19:14
KST 02:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7135 users

[IEM] New York Final Day - Page 230

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 238 Next
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
October 13 2013 21:50 GMT
#4581
On October 14 2013 06:48 figq wrote:
Ah, got only 4 angry nani-fan responses. Should have put more effort.

By the way, Huk was awesome in the closing ceremony.

In internet, you got to be the first if you want dem clicks :D
SChlafmann
Profile Joined September 2011
France725 Posts
October 13 2013 21:51 GMT
#4582
On October 14 2013 06:48 TAMinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:47 Qwerty85 wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:43 Caladan wrote:
Can't believe all these haters don't even get a WARNING, here on Tl.net!

Please show some respect to the hard working players, showing you great games! Naniwa almost won one of the hardest tournaments ever, while all other foreigners got rofl-stomped!

PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT!

GG NANI!


You can spot the lack of respect in other people but apparently not in Naniwa.
Does he ever congratulate to the winner and shows respect?



he said grats in the final game though?


He gg'd everygame at least
"More GG, more skill" - Nope! Chuck Testa - #BISU2013
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 21:52:25
October 13 2013 21:51 GMT
#4583
On October 14 2013 06:46 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:45 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:41 Zealously wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:37 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:36 Nachtwind wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:35 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:34 Nachtwind wrote:
Look at all those whiteknights here.

Well, the hate towards Naniwa is in fact not justified, so why not?


Wtf you people talking about hate. Get a grip. It´s schadenfreude.

Ive read german for 5 years, but i cant really identify that :o

The word schaudenfreude? Skadeglädje

Right, but I don't really see the big difference then.. its still unjustified

Sure it is, but I find schaudenfreude tolerable - the toxic hate that some people spew out, less so

Schadenfreude is an English word too, guys.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 21:53:04
October 13 2013 21:52 GMT
#4584
One thing: the flaw you most notice in others usually points out to something of that kind in yourself. Either hating of that in yourself, or jealousy of not having it yourself.
Caladan
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany1238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 21:54:30
October 13 2013 21:52 GMT
#4585
Did he ever laugh at other people crying? Did he? Please show me!
Because that's what YOU are doing.

That said, I'm not a "Nani Fan" - but some respect is due for one of the best foreigners, for someone who works so hard.
And laughing at other people crying is like the most unhuman thing you can do.


On October 14 2013 06:47 Qwerty85 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:43 Caladan wrote:
Can't believe all these haters don't even get a WARNING, here on Tl.net!

Please show some respect to the hard working players, showing you great games! Naniwa almost won one of the hardest tournaments ever, while all other foreigners got rofl-stomped!

PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT!

GG NANI!


You can spot the lack of respect in other people but apparently not in Naniwa.
Does he ever congratulate to the winner and shows respect?



Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 13 2013 21:52 GMT
#4586
On October 14 2013 06:51 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:46 Zealously wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:45 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:41 Zealously wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:37 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:36 Nachtwind wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:35 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:34 Nachtwind wrote:
Look at all those whiteknights here.

Well, the hate towards Naniwa is in fact not justified, so why not?


Wtf you people talking about hate. Get a grip. It´s schadenfreude.

Ive read german for 5 years, but i cant really identify that :o

The word schaudenfreude? Skadeglädje

Right, but I don't really see the big difference then.. its still unjustified

Sure it is, but I find schaudenfreude tolerable - the toxic hate that some people spew out, less so

Schadenfreude is an English word too, guys.

Could you translate for me?
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
pms
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland611 Posts
October 13 2013 21:53 GMT
#4587
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
October 13 2013 21:53 GMT
#4588
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.


Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 13 2013 21:53 GMT
#4589
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.

Hey man, I actually gained a lot of respect for Naniwa through this tourney. People laughing at him are a vocal minority. You converted me good job.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
October 13 2013 21:54 GMT
#4590
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.

The automated banlist thread is that way ----->

I am sure you can find a gentle mod for your needs.
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
October 13 2013 21:55 GMT
#4591
Jezus guys, be nice...
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
October 13 2013 21:55 GMT
#4592
Naniwa is just so good and so consistent. There is just always at least one guy in a tournament who is better than him. Maybe it's bad karma or so because of his behaviour sometimes

He was very humble this weekend though.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
pms
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland611 Posts
October 13 2013 21:56 GMT
#4593
On October 14 2013 06:53 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.

Hey man, I actually gained a lot of respect for Naniwa through this tourney. People laughing at him are a vocal minority. You converted me good job.


Haha, right... I believe you (not)

Anyway, I'm just loosing time here. And reading all this is just worth nothing. Really.

WP Naniwa, it was AMAZING!
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
October 13 2013 21:56 GMT
#4594
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.


I've felt the same way more than a few times, but there's really no better place to enjoy starcraft, so we're kind of stuck here.
No will to live, no wish to die
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 13 2013 21:56 GMT
#4595
On October 14 2013 06:56 pms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:53 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:53 pms wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:50 Darkhoarse wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:49 aZealot wrote:
This is why LR threads should be locked soon after the final game of the tournament...

Good god, people.

I just.... can't... look away


I'm starting to think that I should remove my account and never come back to this forum... It's just bad for the sanity to deal with all this...

Actually, I'm serious.

Hey man, I actually gained a lot of respect for Naniwa through this tourney. People laughing at him are a vocal minority. You converted me good job.


Haha, right... I believe you (not)

Anyway, I'm just loosing time here. And reading all this is just worth nothing. Really.

WP Naniwa, it was AMAZING!

Pshhh no trust.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-13 21:57:53
October 13 2013 21:57 GMT
#4596
I don't know why people get so mad at the naniwa hate. All sports have villains and people you cheer against. I hate lebron and the heat. Some people hate the yankees in baseball etc. It's what sports is all about. You got the teams/people you cheer for and the teams/people you hate and want to see lose.

Like how many tony romo haters were there last week? The dude threw for 500 yards and cause of that one int, everyone was hating on him and blaming him. If you can't take the fact that in sports not everyone is going to cheer for or support your favourite team/player then sports aren't for you.

Most of it in sports is all in good fun and no one actually really hates a person for real. Haters in sports are fine and part of what makes it fun and interesting as long as you don't go overboard. I don't condone violence or soccer hooliganism. That stuff takes it too far.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 13 2013 21:58 GMT
#4597
On October 14 2013 06:52 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 06:51 HolydaKing wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:46 Zealously wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:45 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:41 Zealously wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:37 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:36 Nachtwind wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:35 Muffloe wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:34 Nachtwind wrote:
Look at all those whiteknights here.

Well, the hate towards Naniwa is in fact not justified, so why not?


Wtf you people talking about hate. Get a grip. It´s schadenfreude.

Ive read german for 5 years, but i cant really identify that :o

The word schaudenfreude? Skadeglädje

Right, but I don't really see the big difference then.. its still unjustified

Sure it is, but I find schaudenfreude tolerable - the toxic hate that some people spew out, less so

Schadenfreude is an English word too, guys.

Could you translate for me?

You're American, you know every English word by default, so no, sorry!
SafeAsCheese
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4924 Posts
October 13 2013 21:59 GMT
#4598
[image loading]
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
October 13 2013 21:59 GMT
#4599
On October 14 2013 06:57 Canucklehead wrote:
I don't know why people get so mad at the naniwa hate. All sports have villains and people you cheer against. I hate lebron and the heat. Some people hate the yankees in baseball etc. It's what sports is all about. You got the teams/people you cheer for and the teams/people you hate and want to see lose.

Like how many tony romo haters were there last week? The dude threw for 500 yards and cause of that one int, everyone was hating on him and blaming him. If you can't take the fact that in sports not everyone is going to cheer for or support your favourite team/player then sports aren't for you.

Most of it in sports is all in good fun and no one actually really hates a person for real. Haters in sports are fine and part of what makes it fun and interesting as long as you don't go overboard. I don't condone violence or soccer hooliganism. That stuff takes it too far.


do you support the texan houston fans cheering when matt schaub got injured? because that is a more apt comparison. People are cheering at the cost of someone's emotional stability. It is not about just cheering against them
I come in for the scraps
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
October 13 2013 22:00 GMT
#4600
On October 14 2013 06:35 figq wrote:
Honestly, Naniwa should be super happy. What did he expect, did he really think he could beat Life? Come on, he won 2 games, that's actually a lot more than he deserved to win and he knows it. So the whole dramatic crying looks quite silly and disrespectful even. And that's why a lot of people don't feel sorry for him in this situation, because he's just being arrogant again. Towards everybody else there. It always has to be about Him, everything has to be about Him. So Life wins a tournament, but everybody is not looking at Life, they are looking at Naniwa again, because he plays the martyr again...

wtf does this even mean? This is horrible. Nani worked incredibly hard and im sure he felt that he deserved to win. Hell I think he deserved to win. HyuN was a big favorite to win the tournament (and a personal favorite of mine) and when nani beat him it sucked but I wanted him to win the entire tournament. While Life played a good series, telling Nani that showing emotion over a loss is silly and disrespectful is stupid. He's human.
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 232 238 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM725
TaKeTV 235
IndyStarCraft 140
BRAT_OK 134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 725
TKL 268
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 140
BRAT_OK 134
UpATreeSC 71
Rex 56
Codebar 24
MindelVK 17
EmSc Tv 5
MaxPax 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 986
EffOrt 641
Mini 538
firebathero 185
ggaemo 174
Dewaltoss 155
Barracks 63
910 56
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 53
[ Show more ]
Shine 38
Shinee 34
Bale 31
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
Trap 17
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4026
Counter-Strike
Fnx 757
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1921
crisheroes1383
Liquid`Hasu816
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2455
singsing1830
B2W.Neo798
Beastyqt520
ceh9479
Sick225
ArmadaUGS177
C9.Mang0110
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
Other Games
BasetradeTV48
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 5
EmSc2Tv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2414
• TFBlade726
Other Games
• WagamamaTV736
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.