• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:04
CEST 22:04
KST 05:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8064 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 2 Code S Ro32 Group G - Page 164

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 172 Next
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
April 13 2012 13:07 GMT
#3261
On April 13 2012 22:05 ReadySetFire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 22:03 AXygnus wrote:
I... I what now? I doubted Naniwa would get out of this group. But he had a possibility, but getting out in 1st place? Jesus fuck, the fuck happened?

Puzzle made too many mistakes and Ryung's TvP makes MMA's look like MKP's


lol good analogy
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
April 13 2012 13:08 GMT
#3262
Congrats to Naniwa and MVP!!!

Actually, I think with Puzzle now out. MVP might get to pick his group depending on what criteria they use to rank the players from Ro16... Map score doesn't really make sense because they weren't playing each other... They might use 2011 points as a tie breaker... Will be interesting to see what gom will do...
Mario1209
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1077 Posts
April 13 2012 13:08 GMT
#3263
On April 13 2012 22:03 AXygnus wrote:
I... I what now? I doubted Naniwa would get out of this group. But he had a possibility, but getting out in 1st place? Jesus fuck, the fuck happened?

it was actually kinda obvious that naniwa would get out of this group really. no zergs was a big plus. ryung has very poor TvP, and MVP is no TvP expert either. so even if he lost to puzzle, which he didn't, i think he could have gotten out.
Co-Manager of Soviet Gaming * http://twitter.com/#!/sGMarioo * http://www.facebook.com/SovietGamingfanpage * https://twitter.com/#!/SovietGaming
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
April 13 2012 13:09 GMT
#3264
MANiwa! that was beautiful!
We make signature, then defense it.
ReadySetFire
Profile Joined October 2011
Kuwait545 Posts
April 13 2012 13:11 GMT
#3265
On April 13 2012 22:07 human_ko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 21:58 ReadySetFire wrote:
On April 13 2012 21:52 human_ko wrote:
On April 13 2012 21:51 ReadySetFire wrote:
On April 13 2012 21:48 Pipeline wrote:
Slayers with no representation in Ro16 Code S now?

It's Ganzi. He was keeping the whole team together, now that he's gone Slayers is falling apart


u just made this up, wtf! how would u ever know who kept slayers team united



I watched that, so what is it supposed to mean? that ganzi... was late to the practise and thats why he keeps the team together :O

no he was the only one practicing during the rehearsal. also watch how he puts his arms around MMA at the end
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
April 13 2012 13:12 GMT
#3266
ppl dont deserve code s spot with such bad tvp like ryung does. such a shame
as1
Atoissen
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway1737 Posts
April 13 2012 13:14 GMT
#3267
Wow, so happy MVP got through together with NaNi!! Couldnt follow the LR after MVP was leading 1 - 0 over Puzzle...

I am glad my Liquibet didnt go through, had NaNi and puzzle advancing (Protoss biased ofc.) =)
“Strength lies not in defense but in attack.”
blamekilly
Profile Joined April 2011
466 Posts
April 13 2012 13:14 GMT
#3268
On April 13 2012 21:01 scypio wrote:
Nice to see MVP get the win vs Puzzle but man, the regame vs Ryung may be just too hard.

On other note I think that some people would give Nani credit only if he went along these lines:
GomTV: Hey, you just won a Code-S invite. Come and play!
Nani: Yeah, ok but one condition...
GomTV: Uhm??
Nani: I need a proper group, so that ppl wouldn't bash me on TL.
GomTV: Ooookey...
Nani: Great! So... give me Parting, MKP and Leenock in Ro32.

Lets say they do it. Nani advences 2-0...

TL: FU, he won only cause he chose his opponents himself. He would get knocked out of any other group, stupid noob!



I'm not going to sugarcoat shit, Nani won because Puzzle sucks at PvP and Ryung sucks even more at TvP. He had favorable match ups but it's not his fault that the other players suck vP so I give him credit for actually winning and not losing 0-2. However, please stop acting like he actually accomplished anything significant.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
April 13 2012 13:15 GMT
#3269
On April 13 2012 22:08 Mario1209 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 22:03 AXygnus wrote:
I... I what now? I doubted Naniwa would get out of this group. But he had a possibility, but getting out in 1st place? Jesus fuck, the fuck happened?

it was actually kinda obvious that naniwa would get out of this group really. no zergs was a big plus. ryung has very poor TvP, and MVP is no TvP expert either. so even if he lost to puzzle, which he didn't, i think he could have gotten out.

It wasn't obvious at all, not even to Naniwa himself.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
April 13 2012 13:15 GMT
#3270
On April 13 2012 21:58 Zealot Orgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 21:52 opterown wrote:
On April 13 2012 21:50 Zealot Orgy wrote:
If MC gets through, the top4 that will be the first to pick in the group nominations of the RO16 will be 3 Protoss and possibly 4;

Genius, MC, Parting, Oz

oz, mkp, mvp and suno are all on 900


Nestea too if he gets through.

But @ Last season's RO16 450, Oz was the one with the better mapscore out of all 4 (4-5 VS 1-4, 3-4, 3-5, 2-4).

While this season's RO16 450 points, Supernova and MKP are at 4-1, Oz and MVP are at 4-2.


Wouldn't they just use 2011 GSL points as the tiebreaker (which is how NaDa got into Tier 2 for the S2 Ro32 draw)? If they did, then Mvp is guaranteed to be in the top 4, and the other spot (besides Genius and PartinG) would go to MC (if he gets to Ro16), NesTea (if he gets there and MC doesn't), or MKP (if both MC and NesTea fail tomorrow).
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
April 13 2012 13:17 GMT
#3271
On April 13 2012 22:12 skyflyfish wrote:
ppl dont deserve code s spot with such bad tvp like ryung does. such a shame


To be fair, most people in Code S has one favorable matchup, they are decent in 1 and they suck at the third, there are only a few that are favorable in all 3.
Jaedong & Faker
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
April 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#3272
On April 13 2012 22:14 blamekilly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 21:01 scypio wrote:
Nice to see MVP get the win vs Puzzle but man, the regame vs Ryung may be just too hard.

On other note I think that some people would give Nani credit only if he went along these lines:
GomTV: Hey, you just won a Code-S invite. Come and play!
Nani: Yeah, ok but one condition...
GomTV: Uhm??
Nani: I need a proper group, so that ppl wouldn't bash me on TL.
GomTV: Ooookey...
Nani: Great! So... give me Parting, MKP and Leenock in Ro32.

Lets say they do it. Nani advences 2-0...

TL: FU, he won only cause he chose his opponents himself. He would get knocked out of any other group, stupid noob!



I'm not going to sugarcoat shit, Nani won because Puzzle sucks at PvP and Ryung sucks even more at TvP. He had favorable match ups but it's not his fault that the other players suck vP so I give him credit for actually winning and not losing 0-2. However, please stop acting like he actually accomplished anything significant.


Aaaaand you would be one of the people who would've got in this thread and said something like "LOL Nani so bad shouldn't have got Code S spot blablabla" had he lost. So please be silent.
You need to construct additional pylons.
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
April 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#3273
GOGO Mvp GET WELL SOON!
also kinda sad GSL only gets this much attention, when a foreigner is involved. Still understandable and im really happy for Naniwa, because i feel like he definetly deserved it!
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
April 13 2012 13:21 GMT
#3274
On April 13 2012 22:15 ZAiNs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 22:08 Mario1209 wrote:
On April 13 2012 22:03 AXygnus wrote:
I... I what now? I doubted Naniwa would get out of this group. But he had a possibility, but getting out in 1st place? Jesus fuck, the fuck happened?

it was actually kinda obvious that naniwa would get out of this group really. no zergs was a big plus. ryung has very poor TvP, and MVP is no TvP expert either. so even if he lost to puzzle, which he didn't, i think he could have gotten out.

It wasn't obvious at all, not even to Naniwa himself.


lol... it was pretty damn obvious. The real shocker is the other Protoss Puzzle didn't make it out.
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
April 13 2012 13:21 GMT
#3275
Wow, amazing night -- I voted for Nani and MVP advancing in the poll, thinking I was voting with my heart and that I'd surely be wrong, but I can't believe they both made it. I left after Nani got through, before MVP played his second match against Puzzle, didn't think he'd actually come back and make it out -- very happy he did, though.
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
April 13 2012 13:21 GMT
#3276
On April 13 2012 22:12 skyflyfish wrote:
ppl dont deserve code s spot with such bad tvp like ryung does. such a shame

- Talks about not "deserving" Code S spots to a guy that earned it the hardest way possible, going through Code B, A and Up-and-Downs

- Celebrates Naniwa's victory



Double standards much?
in a state of trance
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
April 13 2012 13:22 GMT
#3277
On April 13 2012 22:14 blamekilly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 21:01 scypio wrote:
Nice to see MVP get the win vs Puzzle but man, the regame vs Ryung may be just too hard.

On other note I think that some people would give Nani credit only if he went along these lines:
GomTV: Hey, you just won a Code-S invite. Come and play!
Nani: Yeah, ok but one condition...
GomTV: Uhm??
Nani: I need a proper group, so that ppl wouldn't bash me on TL.
GomTV: Ooookey...
Nani: Great! So... give me Parting, MKP and Leenock in Ro32.

Lets say they do it. Nani advences 2-0...

TL: FU, he won only cause he chose his opponents himself. He would get knocked out of any other group, stupid noob!



I'm not going to sugarcoat shit, Nani won because Puzzle sucks at PvP and Ryung sucks even more at TvP. He had favorable match ups but it's not his fault that the other players suck vP so I give him credit for actually winning and not losing 0-2. However, please stop acting like he actually accomplished anything significant.

He beat two Koreans... which is more than you and a lot of other can do... or have done.
Not to sugar coat it... but your opinion means near nothing
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
April 13 2012 13:23 GMT
#3278
Waxangel did actually had his predictions right for once. Impressive.
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 13:24:04
April 13 2012 13:23 GMT
#3279
Man so glad to see MVP take Ryung down 2-0 the second series, shame i missed it.

I was bummed after he lost the first series 0-2 against Ryung, but now I'm Happy :D
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
April 13 2012 13:24 GMT
#3280
On April 13 2012 22:21 dormer wrote:
Wow, amazing night -- I voted for Nani and MVP advancing in the poll, thinking I was voting with my heart and that I'd surely be wrong, but I can't believe they both made it. I left after Nani got through, before MVP played his second match against Puzzle, didn't think he'd actually come back and make it out -- very happy he did, though.

How could you leave MVP?You have no heart.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 172 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 815
SteadfastSC535
EnkiAlexander 63
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 535
ZombieGrub129
JuggernautJason70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23994
Soulkey 282
Mini 161
White-Ra 128
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 21
NotJumperer 20
League of Legends
Doublelift940
Counter-Strike
fl0m1328
shoxiejesuss610
C9.Mang0173
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2544
Liquid`Hasu1932
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1053
B2W.Neo575
Pyrionflax178
shahzam162
UpATreeSC76
Chillindude61
Dewaltoss55
Trikslyr48
Railgan23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream101
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV312
League of Legends
• TFBlade1034
• Noizen248
Other Games
• imaqtpie1125
• Scarra751
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 56m
OSC
16h 56m
Stellar Fest
16h 56m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.