• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:16
CEST 09:16
KST 16:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8474 users

[G]ZvZ: Everything I know - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
August 18 2011 22:52 GMT
#21
Excellent excellent guide, as a high masters zerg I really agree with this guide, 15 hatch is a tricky bit since a truly great player ( a pro like nestea for instance ) can defend it vs just about everything, but for the rest of us, pretty much everything in this guide goes. ( I say pretty much everything in the fear I missed something ). I hope people will stop saying ZvZ is a coinflip or even a build order win matchup because it really isn't, especially not for the relatively low level players ( masters and grandmasters ).
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 03:36:18
August 19 2011 03:32 GMT
#22
Well definitely bookmark this for later reading going home, looks really good!

Would love to see something similar for ZvT unless I missed it maybe on your website, Im so bad at ZvT -_-.
michaelhasanalias
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)1231 Posts
August 19 2011 04:35 GMT
#23
this is amazing, thanks.
KR NsPMichael.805 | AM Michael.2640 | SEA Michael.523 | 엔에스피 New Star Players
CrazyOne
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway3 Posts
August 19 2011 06:39 GMT
#24
You, sir, are amazing/beautiful/great! Thank you so much! Where can I send my donation?
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
August 19 2011 06:53 GMT
#25
On August 19 2011 12:32 Jojo131 wrote:
Well definitely bookmark this for later reading going home, looks really good!

Would love to see something similar for ZvT unless I missed it maybe on your website, Im so bad at ZvT -_-.


Just use infestorzzzz

Seriously though, my standard zvt has been upgrade ling attack + get infestors + get third base + get carapace upgrades ( should have +2 melee now ) + get hive + get ultralisks + banelings with baneling speed + a move.

I haven't written a guide about it because I'm scared I will piss some terrans off ( ultralisk/speedbaneling is absolutely disgusting to look at ) but I guess I can make a guide about that later, I'll post some on google plus first like I always do.

Oh god I just made an anouncement about an anouncement.
theonlyshaft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States581 Posts
August 19 2011 07:45 GMT
#26
Dude... this is ridiculously amazing. OMGosh. Everything I've been thinking (and a hell of a lot more) finally put into words. I really like the way you've got this organized, with step by step analysis
Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, — quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes
Twelve12
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia268 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-19 07:51:38
August 19 2011 07:50 GMT
#27
amazing guide....you have 1337 posts as well (the best possible number)
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
August 19 2011 10:19 GMT
#28
Added a couple of corrections to the guide ( fungal kills hydra's in 3 hits instead of 2.. hydra's still suck but eh ) and I added a nice intro picture for the Nestea ZvZ bit. I also added a couple of convinient links linking to the vods of him using said mutalisk style in that section.

I just wanted to add that my google analytics program just shows two lines, a horizontal one for my viewers on the time pre-blog, and a vertical one when I publicized this post. It's insane.
ComaCat
Profile Joined April 2009
United Kingdom33 Posts
August 19 2011 11:57 GMT
#29
Best guide ive read, would love to see a comprehensive guide that follows ZvT and ZvP
PeZuY
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
935 Posts
August 19 2011 12:02 GMT
#30
Well written guide, helped me actually with few tips thank youuuuuu!
Editor_In_Chimp
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia36 Posts
August 19 2011 12:11 GMT
#31
Oh wow thanks for the effort definitely something to read on Sunday :D Had to realise this just before I go to bed... I would read it but Im useless after like 11pm at night. Thanks again!
"There is no shame in defeat, so long as the spirit is unconquered" - Fenix
shadowy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria305 Posts
August 19 2011 13:09 GMT
#32
That's extremely nice write up. All the efforts you put into really shine.

Thank you, I sincerely enjoyed it.
[Fear the leather Gracket!] // ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ // Liquid'Hero hwaiting!
kob42
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden39 Posts
August 19 2011 13:15 GMT
#33
Nice guide! Ty
REBENGA
theholygoat
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
August 19 2011 14:09 GMT
#34
As someone at the very bottom of the ZvZ foodchain, thank you for this guide!
Evilruler
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil116 Posts
August 19 2011 14:38 GMT
#35
Still reading but it completly awesome so far. I've learned my way in ZvZ in a blunt way, I don't know the refined tricks and timings, I just have a feeling and generally can finish the match with a timing attack +1 or +2 with roaches (platinum). Learning all the other good stuff will just improve a lot my play since this is my worst MU, I'm guessing...
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
August 19 2011 18:07 GMT
#36
Finally the views start cooling down. Alright, let's crunch some numbers.

Today, the guide recieved 13.5k viewers. Most of which come from the US, and the biggest referrer is reddit ( at 11k viewers, dang, I thought TL would bring more ).

All in all, I've had a great day keeping track of everything and fixing some comment issues ( there are still some that haunt me, but I'll get them ). I might eventually start on a ZvT guide, but you have to understand that this guide alone took me 2 days to write ( 15 hours and a bit, not counting making the images or making the html ) so I might start doing some smaller projects first.

I want to thank all of you who read this, either from reddit or TL. And I hope we will all reach the fun lategame together <3.
Tribuno
Profile Joined August 2011
Italy261 Posts
August 21 2011 18:15 GMT
#37
the best z v z guide i have ever read.. by far! Very useful and complete analysis. If u will make a Z v T guide as well... it would be awesome!
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
August 23 2011 10:33 GMT
#38
My apologies to everyone who visited the site on a mobile device and got ( sort of ) a testing screen instead of a true mobile optimized page.

It is all fixed now, except the portfolio. I'll style a couple of things such as the tables and the comments, but otherwise it works well now . Thanks all of you fine folks for refferencing to my guide, and I have met a couple of zergs that are definitely proficient in ZvZ in a higher percentage than before.
Vandroy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden155 Posts
August 24 2011 13:40 GMT
#39
woa that's one beastly guide, great work!
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
August 24 2011 13:46 GMT
#40
This is so incredible and in-depth. Thank you for this huge guide. I look forward to finishing it and posting about it later. Thanks!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 264
actioN 246
910 109
ZergMaN 31
Bale 29
NotJumperer 25
yabsab 12
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 556
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King165
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
crisheroes181
Other Games
summit1g7764
ceh9434
WinterStarcraft396
Happy300
PiGStarcraft247
Sick229
Livibee172
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick649
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream295
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Stunt526
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 44m
Stellar Fest
5h 44m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.