• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:51
CEST 11:51
KST 18:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7136 users

[M] (2) Seismic

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-10 04:20:21
April 20 2013 15:14 GMT
#1
Seismic by Bionicrm

Published to: [NA] [EU] [KR] [SEA]

Publishing key:
+ Show Spoiler +
[Updated]
[Outdated]




[image loading]

Changelog:
+ Show Spoiler +
v0.4
- Reduced map bounds.
- Shrank the 3rd a bit.
- Touched up some textures.

v0.3
- Started textures from scratch (but kept the same style as before).
- Removed/added a few doodads.
- Modified lighting (a tad darker and more saturated, but not too noticeable nor game changing).
- Set the map image to only playable bounds, not the full map.

v0.2
- Added curtains to main base (prevents Stalkers from Blinking without a spotter).

v0.1
Release!


Screenshots:
+ Show Spoiler +
Natural base:
[image loading]

Puddle:
[image loading]

Main base:
[image loading]

Stream:
[image loading]

Center:
[image loading]

5th Base:
[image loading]

4th Base:
[image loading]

3rd Base:
[image loading]




Concept

The concept of this was a volcano in a forest and beach environment. Trees are burned where lava once was, and there is much vegetation and natural ground closer to the middle of the map.




Map Details:
Players: 2
Playable Size: 144×144
XWT: 2
Bases: 10
Nat to Nat Time: ≈40 Seconds

Tileset:

[image loading]

FFE:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
April 20 2013 16:02 GMT
#2
Reminds me a lot of Korhal Compound, which is good.

But you can blink into the main without a spotter. Which is bad.
',:/
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 16:15:49
April 20 2013 16:12 GMT
#3
On April 21 2013 01:02 Syphon8 wrote:
Reminds me a lot of Korhal Compound, which is good.

But you can blink into the main without a spotter. Which is bad.

Should I add curtains in the low ground area?
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 20 2013 16:41 GMT
#4
On April 21 2013 01:12 Bionicrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 01:02 Syphon8 wrote:
Reminds me a lot of Korhal Compound, which is good.

But you can blink into the main without a spotter. Which is bad.

Should I add curtains in the low ground area?

Add LoS blockers on the edge of the main. Problem solved.

Btw. The layout is solid enough, but the look of the map is so uniquely beautiful I literally had to do a double take. Very nice job.
SC2 Mapmaker
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
April 20 2013 17:22 GMT
#5
amazing mixture of textures with a style that i enjoy alot.
i dont think its necessary to add los blockers to prevent blink, not alot of maps out there where you can blink into the main without a spotter and i like it
Corwin#12780
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
April 20 2013 17:39 GMT
#6
On April 21 2013 02:22 KingCorwin wrote:
amazing mixture of textures with a style that i enjoy alot.
i dont think its necessary to add los blockers to prevent blink, not alot of maps out there where you can blink into the main without a spotter and i like it

It doesn't matter if you like, it would make the match-up bad, no strategy should be the only one possible.

Really looks beautiful, although the layout is pretty standard.
Maladroit1
Profile Joined July 2012
9 Posts
April 20 2013 17:43 GMT
#7
This is almost a 1:1 copy of Korhal Compound.
get ripped or die mirin
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 20 2013 18:56 GMT
#8
On April 21 2013 02:43 Maladroit1 wrote:
This is almost a 1:1 copy of Korhal Compound.

I think the mid plays way different and the terrain is better.
SC2 Mapmaker
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
April 20 2013 18:58 GMT
#9
Thank you for your compliments, guys. I've updated the map! Check out the "Changelog".
Master of DalK
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Canada1803 Posts
April 21 2013 14:45 GMT
#10
This map looks really amazing :O

I hope I get to use this map sometime =D
@MasterDalK | Maelstrom Entertainment | Streaming Every Esport Under the Sun
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 10:50:58
April 21 2013 15:42 GMT
#11
Published on more servers!
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
April 23 2013 10:50 GMT
#12
Does anything the textures are sloppy?
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
April 23 2013 13:29 GMT
#13
On April 23 2013 19:50 Bionicrm wrote:
Does anything the textures are sloppy?

The textures are very uniquely done. I kinda wish more maps used textures in a non-standard way.
SC2 Mapmaker
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 23 2013 13:29 GMT
#14
The overall thematic use of different textures is quite good but IMO it is kind of blotchy and could be more detailed. Be careful using LOS blockers around the edge of the main to block blink-ins, I've done this before and there could be tiny holes that allow you to blink in if your not very careful about it. Its not really an option to allow blink ins into the main without a spotter as it will make blink rushes very strong not to mention that you'll be inviting siege tanks to hit production buildings.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 19:24:12
April 23 2013 19:21 GMT
#15
On April 23 2013 22:29 TheFish7 wrote:
The overall thematic use of different textures is quite good but IMO it is kind of blotchy and could be more detailed. Be careful using LOS blockers around the edge of the main to block blink-ins, I've done this before and there could be tiny holes that allow you to blink in if your not very careful about it. Its not really an option to allow blink ins into the main without a spotter as it will make blink rushes very strong not to mention that you'll be inviting siege tanks to hit production buildings.

Oh, I was very careful. I had to add invisible LOS blockers on some of the edges. I tested the Blink Stalkers very much and didn't find any holes.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 23 2013 19:57 GMT
#16
Really cool aesthetic concept. I can see the GSL intro vids now.

Need to tighten up the textures on the map itself though, some very rudimentary looking blends in some places.

Layout is nothing too special but I kind of like it. Maybe you can do something with the entrances to the 2/8 bases to spice it up a little? Also, have you considered adding another pair of bases in the lowground middle hugging the cliff next to the ramp? I think it would really improve the lategame.

Also, tighten up the map bounds. There's a LOT of air space behind the main bases.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
April 23 2013 21:00 GMT
#17
On April 24 2013 04:57 EatThePath wrote:
Really cool aesthetic concept. I can see the GSL intro vids now.

Need to tighten up the textures on the map itself though, some very rudimentary looking blends in some places.

Layout is nothing too special but I kind of like it. Maybe you can do something with the entrances to the 2/8 bases to spice it up a little? Also, have you considered adding another pair of bases in the lowground middle hugging the cliff next to the ramp? I think it would really improve the lategame.

Also, tighten up the map bounds. There's a LOT of air space behind the main bases.

What would you like to add for the entrances to the 2/8 bases? Also, if you look closely, there is a blue line around the main battlefield, which indicates the playable map bounds. I'm guessing you didn't see that because I would be reluctant to reduce the map bounds further.

I'm going to be (well, I have started already) remaking the textures completely without getting rid of the whole style.

Thanks for your feedback!
Bionicrm
Profile Joined June 2012
United States116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-23 22:48:16
April 23 2013 22:45 GMT
#18
I've updated the map! Check out the "Changelog".

Also, to further respond to EatThePath, I don't think that there is much room for bases in the middle. Furthermore, I redid the textures. I thought they were a little sloppy from the beginning, so I see that a few of you agreed. I'm a little more satisfied now .

BTW: I uploaded this map to SC2Mapster.com and B.net. Is it worth my time to update it there all the time? I don't think those sites get as much attention as TL.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 24 2013 03:52 GMT
#19
On April 24 2013 06:00 Bionicrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2013 04:57 EatThePath wrote:
Really cool aesthetic concept. I can see the GSL intro vids now.

Need to tighten up the textures on the map itself though, some very rudimentary looking blends in some places.

Layout is nothing too special but I kind of like it. Maybe you can do something with the entrances to the 2/8 bases to spice it up a little? Also, have you considered adding another pair of bases in the lowground middle hugging the cliff next to the ramp? I think it would really improve the lategame.

Also, tighten up the map bounds. There's a LOT of air space behind the main bases.

What would you like to add for the entrances to the 2/8 bases? Also, if you look closely, there is a blue line around the main battlefield, which indicates the playable map bounds. I'm guessing you didn't see that because I would be reluctant to reduce the map bounds further.

I'm going to be (well, I have started already) remaking the textures completely without getting rid of the whole style.

Thanks for your feedback!

Just ideas for your consideration.

Looking at it again, the 2/8 are fine, and you definitely couldn't fit in middle bases without wrenching things around or enlarging the map.

However, I was indeed referring to the blue line. That much airspace behind the main base is pretty brutal for drops / air play. You could easily pinch in the lowground 3rd and then bring the bounds in by 4 squares on each side, and you need to bring them in by at least that much.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
April 24 2013 07:04 GMT
#20
man I know this scheme has been used before but your colors intrigue me, I very much like this map lol

though I am drunk.

it is very pleasing to the eye

I guess you could say it gives me mario kart 64 nostalgia for some unknown drunken reasoning
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1319
actioN 1232
Soma 631
EffOrt 311
Horang2 215
Pusan 176
Jaedong 151
hero 124
Stork 124
soO 88
[ Show more ]
HiyA 77
ZerO 75
Killer 67
Rush 45
Shinee 33
Sharp 32
sorry 32
Bale 31
Mong 25
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sexy 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1211
XaKoH 151
Counter-Strike
edward49
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes797
WinterStarcraft771
Other Games
gofns51083
singsing1193
olofmeister1139
ceh9577
Livibee204
Pyrionflax138
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick546
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 41
• LUISG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Jankos1642
• Rush1399
• Stunt383
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9m
CranKy Ducklings3
Afreeca Starleague
9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.