• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:05
CEST 21:05
KST 04:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7986 users

[M] Blood Bath

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-03 19:08:35
September 29 2010 20:05 GMT
#1
                              [image loading]
Preface: + Show Spoiler +
In Sc2 either the map sizes are smaller or just the units and everything are larger, either way- it seems very hard to port a map very accurately because of the nature of the 3d/camera angle, the angle of the terrain tools does not match the exact direction of the isometric shapes in bw. The angle of the slant is much steeper in sc2 than bw.
So this is the reason why I have to change the layout so drastically. I will try to make a larger version some time in the future and see how much more/less accurate it will be to the original. As most of you may probably know, I played a shit ton of BB in sc and bw. I've written guides , made better versions of the map , and done a lot of work on the LikiWiki .

[image loading]

Unlike other map threads, this one is mostly finalized, (with just minor bug fixes, or little things changed for balance). So don't bother discussing how the terrain should look or what I should do to the map (except for the aforementioned). The main design layout is done, the deco is done.

I hope to get some players to play the map, 1v1s and 2v2s. I want to see what kind of core strats , base blueprints, and build orders people come up to see if this game (sc2) is actually balanced at the small scale level as well.

Download REPLAYS


Anyways, here are the map pics (more detailed stuff further down)
[image loading]

[image loading]
(yes those are blood splats in the center)


(4) Small Blood Bath 2010
Version 0.8

  • 2-4 players, in the corner positions.
  • Almost uncomfortably close start locations. (84x77 playable area).
  • Action fast paced map from start to finish.
  • Main bases are 8x1500 blue crystal & 2x5000 geyser.
  • Side yellow crystals are 3x3000 (6 per base).
  • Center has slight LoS blocker in 'X' pattern.
  • Short bridge and unbuildable land in the center.
  • Wide chokes for each base entrance (about 9 squares)
  • Space around minerals and gas for harassment
  • Around ~20 second game clock time walk distance from main to main


Analyzer pics:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]




Here are some of my ideas for basic Terran base setups:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



Some things I think may be difficult for players on this map:

  • Creep tumors spread across gaps (I could possibly find ways to block this)
  • No tumors in the center (again, could find a way to do this maybe if needed)
  • Pylon warp ins from across cliffs (I think I got all the spots)
  • Tank Ranges across cliffs (This was even hard for most players in scbw, I think I blocked the tanks from hitting the side bases [but not minerals] at least)
  • Baneling rushes
  • 6-10 pool rushes
  • Bunker Rushes/All in SCV
  • 10 gate (or earlier) Chrono'd zealots
  • Sentry forcefield rush/harass on mineral lines
  • Protoss wall ins
  • Tanks
  • Colossus
  • Bunker Salvage

I'm really interested in the great stuff you guys can come up with to address these things among others ofc.

Map is uploaded to US / NA Server. If anyone on other servers wants to upload to your server please do. I only ask that you don't change anything without my consent. Thanks
Download

PS- Wasn't sure if I should make a separate topic in the strat forum or something for discussion of, well, strategies. So in the future any discussion may be move to that if one is created.

Also, If this map garnered enough attention, I would like to host a Blood Bath Tournament and stream it etc. possibly for 2v2s as well as 1v1s ofc

Poll: sc2 BB Tourney!

Hell Yes! (31)
 
69%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVDGu82FeQ (7)
 
16%

nooooooo (5)
 
11%

maybe (2)
 
4%

45 total votes

Your vote: sc2 BB Tourney!

(Vote): Hell Yes!
(Vote): nooooooo
(Vote): maybe
(Vote): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fVDGu82FeQ






..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Zanzabar Haberdasher
Profile Joined July 2010
United States510 Posts
September 29 2010 20:20 GMT
#2
Bloodbath is/was my favorite map of all time. Fast expanding on it is the pinnacle of manliness. And you have done it justice. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
I have a very unique name.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 20:25:33
September 29 2010 20:20 GMT
#3
btw, I'm online now and Waiting in a game if anyone wants to play!
Spor.919 or map name is Small blood Bath 2010
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 21:00:48
September 29 2010 21:00 GMT
#4
shit, whoever yolo is that messaged me in game, I closed the chat window after i party invited you and I didn't save your ID from there >.<
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
September 29 2010 21:02 GMT
#5
This is awesome, but I'm at work. Will check later
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 21:17:23
September 29 2010 21:11 GMT
#6
I noticed something strange about the edge of the map, units can walk where its red, and you can build some buildings in some of it. But some spots no, I will have to check more of that later.
nvm, im trippin
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
September 29 2010 22:44 GMT
#7
I've had to do custom walking paths on a map. Was many random spots you couldn't walk on ramps some not being usable. Seriously took my hours cause I had a lot of ramps and the same custom walking paths for one wouldn't work for another. Plus had to test in game some 50 times.
your micro has been depleted
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
September 29 2010 23:28 GMT
#8
Where's the "Hell, it's about time!" button?

I also always loved the 64x256 version, y'know the ffa with two BB's, separated by that immense chasm of deep, dark space
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
September 30 2010 00:23 GMT
#9
So I didn't play blood bath in BW, but some time ago I came across BB guides and it made for fun reading.

For SC2 I didn't see it in the custom join list, so I played some games with Very Hard AI, trying to go 9 pool, two spine crawlers, then plant an evo and a roach warren to protect the crawlers as I add more. Roach seemed dumb, though, there's just not enough gas. I might try zergling and spend gas on upgrades, but I'm pretty sure zerg dies without fast crawlers (unless you 6 pool).

Also, CharlieMurphy, I think having the middle be creep-free is good. It was easy for me to push around my base with tumors and crawlers to have a bunch of hatches and both golds, but I couldn't extend the creep out into the middle to keep that up. It seems like you should have to put together some units and try a drop or a bust.

This is cool, wish more people were playing it
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10567 Posts
September 30 2010 00:57 GMT
#10
watchtower in the middle plz
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
September 30 2010 01:07 GMT
#11
One of the classic Blizzard maps from Brood War, and you've reproduced it quite well.
I am the Town Medic.
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
September 30 2010 01:17 GMT
#12
I may be wrong but didnt another TLer just make BB like 1 week ago? Oo
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Danzepol
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States211 Posts
September 30 2010 01:57 GMT
#13
post replays in the first post !
in a fox with a box
BoomStevo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
September 30 2010 02:03 GMT
#14
On September 30 2010 10:17 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
I may be wrong but didnt another TLer just make BB like 1 week ago? Oo

You are correct.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=158246 - My Maps
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
September 30 2010 05:22 GMT
#15
On September 30 2010 09:57 FlaShFTW wrote:
watchtower in the middle plz


can;t, it would be way too cheap for this map. Besides, the map is so small why would you need one anyways.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
September 30 2010 05:52 GMT
#16
Hell yes, Finally a decent version.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
September 30 2010 08:59 GMT
#17
Blood Bath! Woot!
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
September 30 2010 10:40 GMT
#18
First couple of games on the map.
Excited that the game seems to port well for this map!

I think it's two 1v1 and one 2v2

Enjoy (and play more bb!)
http://www.mediafire.com/?x0an0regm9t1ep3
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-03 19:08:55
October 03 2010 19:05 GMT
#19
Anyone wanna play right now?

How is there supposed to be a tourney if no one will play the map !

changed the mineral formation a bit.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
October 03 2010 20:19 GMT
#20
I made this map a while ago withe the auto convert function in the map maker, but there was no gold.
You recognise me because of my signature!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 211
ProTech147
JuggernautJason36
MindelVK 23
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21891
Shuttle 691
White-Ra 139
Hyuk 126
Dewaltoss 99
firebathero 72
Trap 47
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Rock 17
[ Show more ]
Bale 16
Dota 2
Gorgc10086
qojqva1482
Counter-Strike
fl0m1515
Fnx 838
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Khaldor1216
crisheroes1149
Liquid`Hasu517
Other Games
summit1g4649
FrodaN1582
Beastyqt413
XBOCT259
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0171
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 74
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie877
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 55m
Online Event
15h 55m
FEL
20h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.