• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:44
CEST 11:44
KST 18:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

[OSL] All Good Things - Page 5

Forum Index > News
396 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-24 16:36:46
September 24 2012 16:36 GMT
#81
meh, looking at all these people and all this excitement one has to ask himself why this had to end?

anyway, thanks for this article, it is a nice finish for all the great tl OSL writeups.
delchuu
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany166 Posts
September 24 2012 16:37 GMT
#82
Bye Bye BW it was nice how long it went on anyways.
Victory Loves Preparation
habibe
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada43 Posts
September 24 2012 16:39 GMT
#83
By any chance does the staff or anyone else have it in them to create a list of the top 25 osl games like was done for the mbc game memorial thread?

As someone who wasn't around then, I can watch all the finals, but it's hard to find some of the truly legendary games obscured within the brackets of the starleagues, and that list was really helpful.
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
September 24 2012 16:40 GMT
#84
Sad Day ... but ill remember BW for how awesome it was.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
September 24 2012 16:41 GMT
#85
Goodbye bw osl, you will be remembered!
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
September 24 2012 16:41 GMT
#86
Damn it, I may never forgive myself for missing so much of Brood War's early history, but I did see it to its end. It's still kind of unthinkable for me that it's over, that the limits will never be pushed any further.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Freezd
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States139 Posts
September 24 2012 16:42 GMT
#87
:'(
"I can't help it if I seem homophobic when the only gay people I know have pink highlights, wear hundreds of colorful bracelets and live at the local arcade playing DDR." - Youngminii
Wout
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands76 Posts
September 24 2012 16:45 GMT
#88
Still feels like it had only just begun for me, and now it's over already. It's sad that I missed out on so many good times.
tubs
Profile Joined March 2010
764 Posts
September 24 2012 16:47 GMT
#89
Great memories, great fun. Starcraft Brood War will stay in my heart as possibly the greatest game ever made.
"Roach dies to immortal and rockit black guy" - Tierdal.thex
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
September 24 2012 16:48 GMT
#90
gg
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
September 24 2012 16:52 GMT
#91
GGWP BW
Lagitech
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland25 Posts
September 24 2012 16:54 GMT
#92
I'm so sad
You'll get better only by playing against the better
Drezbie
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany21 Posts
September 24 2012 16:55 GMT
#93
ty for writing this makes old memories come back <3
Goodbye BW, I hope that in the future sc2 will be as epic as BW was GGWP
aquados
Profile Joined August 2012
Netherlands180 Posts
September 24 2012 16:55 GMT
#94
gg kespa, thanks for breaking our hearts

osl might die but bw is never gonna, it will always live in our hearts. thanks for all the years of awsomeniss
the power of an outside source is that it comes from the inside. sabas[aov] c-/c toss
KuKri
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany168 Posts
September 24 2012 16:56 GMT
#95
Sorry for the only-BW-fans in here.
I hope there will still be some BW articles. The TL BW articles were the best out of all esports articles across games and websites I've seen. I read those with excitement although I had not touched BW until recently and I hope there will still be new articles of this quality. I'm still waiting for something like this to be written about SC2. (It's my impression that SC2 articles seem rather short and less detailed than the BW ones).
Thanks, TL writers! :-)
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
September 24 2012 16:57 GMT
#96
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
September 24 2012 16:58 GMT
#97
Thanks for the writeup guys <3

Also thanks to JangBi for realising the Legend of the Fall!
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
iiGreetings
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada563 Posts
September 24 2012 17:02 GMT
#98
GG. Thanks for everything bw. You'll never be forgotten as something so epic and surreal, ever.

"you either die a hero, or live long enough to watch yourself become the villain."

Your still a hero, the catch with broodwar is that it'll never die, it's special like that.
Adapt and React I MKP, PartinG, EffOrt ♥
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
September 24 2012 17:03 GMT
#99
It hasn't suck in... but when it does I think I'll just break down.. you've no idea how great BW has been to me since I finally got into the scene when I discovered it in 08 although I knew about professional BW before that. I really wish I had discovered the beginnings of BW and TL (especially when Jaedong first came about) but those 4 years.. man oh man I'm so thankful for them.

I won't fucking forget you ^_^
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
SlayerOfYou
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
58 Posts
September 24 2012 17:04 GMT
#100
Rest in peace brood war, i put a good 10 years into you, maybe more. You will be missed.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4634
firebathero 2213
Bisu 710
Hyuk 425
BeSt 146
Leta 114
Larva 106
Sexy 105
EffOrt 90
Killer 88
[ Show more ]
Soma 78
Dewaltoss 71
ToSsGirL 60
ZerO 59
Light 49
soO 39
Sharp 37
Aegong 28
Bale 24
Sacsri 22
Shinee 18
Rush 18
sorry 17
NaDa 15
Hm[arnc] 14
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 5
Pusan 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 145
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1013
byalli840
kRYSTAL_28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor975
crisheroes589
Other Games
gofns34247
singsing1568
olofmeister1013
ceh9674
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2340
League of Legends
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 16m
OSC
12h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.