• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8070 users

[GSL] "Breakthrough" Code-A RO16-Final Report - Page 3

Forum Index > News
49 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
GildedAdonis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States70 Posts
May 10 2011 18:18 GMT
#41
Can you please never let Divinek do a writeup for this site again? It doesn't matter if the games are terrible at least explain what the fuck happened and don't just blow it off.
I)etox
Profile Joined April 2011
1240 Posts
May 10 2011 18:25 GMT
#42
Vanvanth vs Keen recap and player ratings are priceless :D

Boo Hiiiissss
Nidoa
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada239 Posts
May 10 2011 18:41 GMT
#43
I like the reports by confusedcrib. fun to see someone trying to describe what happened as well as how it happened.
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
May 10 2011 19:29 GMT
#44
On May 11 2011 00:10 Sarang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 22:09 var username wrote:
On May 10 2011 17:00 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 16:46 Aterons_toss wrote:
On May 10 2011 14:14 Sarang wrote:
No-one is a bigger Bomber fan than I am (After all, I did make his fanclub! =P), but saying he's better than Mvp after one Bo7 is ridiculous.

Both are amazing players, but Bomber did say after his win that he still considers Mvp the best player in the world.

So right now, Mvp is the best player in the world, with Bomber looking strong as a future contender for that title. =)

Did Nestea and MC suddenly vanished into thin air or what ?


No, I just think Mvp is better than them.


you missed the point...


I responded to the only point that made sense.

I assumed he was responding to my assertion that Mvp is the best player in the world, because saying "Did NesTea and MC suddenly vanish...?" actually makes sense then.

The only other point I made is that Bomber might be a future contender for best player in the world. What do NesTea and MC have to do with that?

Yeah, they're current contenders for best player in the world. Why do I have to mention them when I'm talking about Bomber in the future?

Have I completely missed the point? Because I'm just not getting this. =/


Im saying that even if MVP is the best player in the world atm, which he most likely isn't due to his recent matches and demotion to code A, bomber is not the guy to take his "title".
There are a ton of really good players that are a lot closer if not better then MVP ( such as MC and Neastea but also Inca,MKP even TT1 or Jinro considering some of there GSL results ).
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 19:47:35
May 10 2011 19:46 GMT
#45
On May 11 2011 04:29 Aterons_toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 00:10 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 22:09 var username wrote:
On May 10 2011 17:00 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 16:46 Aterons_toss wrote:
On May 10 2011 14:14 Sarang wrote:
No-one is a bigger Bomber fan than I am (After all, I did make his fanclub! =P), but saying he's better than Mvp after one Bo7 is ridiculous.

Both are amazing players, but Bomber did say after his win that he still considers Mvp the best player in the world.

So right now, Mvp is the best player in the world, with Bomber looking strong as a future contender for that title. =)

Did Nestea and MC suddenly vanished into thin air or what ?


No, I just think Mvp is better than them.


you missed the point...


I responded to the only point that made sense.

I assumed he was responding to my assertion that Mvp is the best player in the world, because saying "Did NesTea and MC suddenly vanish...?" actually makes sense then.

The only other point I made is that Bomber might be a future contender for best player in the world. What do NesTea and MC have to do with that?

Yeah, they're current contenders for best player in the world. Why do I have to mention them when I'm talking about Bomber in the future?

Have I completely missed the point? Because I'm just not getting this. =/


Im saying that even if MVP is the best player in the world atm, which he most likely isn't due to his recent matches and demotion to code A, bomber is not the guy to take his "title".
There are a ton of really good players that are a lot closer if not better then MVP ( such as MC and Neastea but also Inca,MKP even TT1 or Jinro considering some of there GSL results ).


Mvp going down to code A was a fluke. Dunno how you can bring mkp in when compared to mvp, or jinro (who has had 2 top 4 finishes but nothing else).
The Notorious Winkles
mikyaJ
Profile Joined April 2011
1834 Posts
May 10 2011 20:54 GMT
#46
On May 10 2011 14:24 hugedong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 13:51 mikyaJ wrote:
On May 10 2011 13:29 ShootingStars wrote:
Go Bomber! I knew he was better than MVP.

I guess Polt is better than MC? No

Just because he beat him does not make him better, until Bomber gets two GSL championships.. we'll see.


Results don't automatically make you the better player.

1 player beating another player does not make the winner automatically better. The "skills" are based off how players do against EVERYONE, not just individual players.

For example: Stork has a 12-12 record against Flash, does that mean Stork is as good as Flash? Only rabid Khan fans will tell he is.
MKP||TSL
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
May 10 2011 21:55 GMT
#47
well this threads disappointing
divinek should never be allowed to so much as look at a gsl report thread ever again
Waxangel did alright if you can somehow look past all the bias, its the results, deal with it and writeup as neutrally as possible. Also some things were overdone, focus more on what happened
I actually liked confusedcribs work quite a bit, it really fleshes out the game nicely
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
May 11 2011 01:11 GMT
#48
On May 11 2011 04:29 Aterons_toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 00:10 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 22:09 var username wrote:
On May 10 2011 17:00 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 16:46 Aterons_toss wrote:
On May 10 2011 14:14 Sarang wrote:
No-one is a bigger Bomber fan than I am (After all, I did make his fanclub! =P), but saying he's better than Mvp after one Bo7 is ridiculous.

Both are amazing players, but Bomber did say after his win that he still considers Mvp the best player in the world.

So right now, Mvp is the best player in the world, with Bomber looking strong as a future contender for that title. =)

Did Nestea and MC suddenly vanished into thin air or what ?


No, I just think Mvp is better than them.


you missed the point...


I responded to the only point that made sense.

I assumed he was responding to my assertion that Mvp is the best player in the world, because saying "Did NesTea and MC suddenly vanish...?" actually makes sense then.

The only other point I made is that Bomber might be a future contender for best player in the world. What do NesTea and MC have to do with that?

Yeah, they're current contenders for best player in the world. Why do I have to mention them when I'm talking about Bomber in the future?

Have I completely missed the point? Because I'm just not getting this. =/


Im saying that even if MVP is the best player in the world atm, which he most likely isn't due to his recent matches and demotion to code A, bomber is not the guy to take his "title".
There are a ton of really good players that are a lot closer if not better then MVP ( such as MC and Neastea but also Inca,MKP even TT1 or Jinro considering some of there GSL results ).


That's your opinion. I think it's absolutely ridiculous to consider TT1 or Jinro a better player than Mvp, but to each their own I guess.

"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 02:12:44
May 11 2011 02:10 GMT
#49
On May 11 2011 04:29 Aterons_toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 00:10 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 22:09 var username wrote:
On May 10 2011 17:00 Sarang wrote:
On May 10 2011 16:46 Aterons_toss wrote:
On May 10 2011 14:14 Sarang wrote:
No-one is a bigger Bomber fan than I am (After all, I did make his fanclub! =P), but saying he's better than Mvp after one Bo7 is ridiculous.

Both are amazing players, but Bomber did say after his win that he still considers Mvp the best player in the world.

So right now, Mvp is the best player in the world, with Bomber looking strong as a future contender for that title. =)

Did Nestea and MC suddenly vanished into thin air or what ?


No, I just think Mvp is better than them.


you missed the point...


I responded to the only point that made sense.

I assumed he was responding to my assertion that Mvp is the best player in the world, because saying "Did NesTea and MC suddenly vanish...?" actually makes sense then.

The only other point I made is that Bomber might be a future contender for best player in the world. What do NesTea and MC have to do with that?

Yeah, they're current contenders for best player in the world. Why do I have to mention them when I'm talking about Bomber in the future?

Have I completely missed the point? Because I'm just not getting this. =/


Im saying that even if MVP is the best player in the world atm, which he most likely isn't due to his recent matches and demotion to code A, bomber is not the guy to take his "title".
There are a ton of really good players that are a lot closer if not better then MVP ( such as MC and Neastea but also Inca,MKP even TT1 or Jinro considering some of there GSL results ).

LOL WHAT?

do you only watch like 2 matches of a tournament ever??

do you know what MVP has done since his demotion to code A? Won the WCs beating several protoss, getting revenge on july zerg, and then beating MKP convincingly in the finals

dominating run in code A to lose to bomber who has been around for a while and has posted very, very good results in almost every tournament except GSL so far

Inca has not beaten TOP level players yet, Rain, Nada, and Killer are certainly not TOP level players no matter how hard nada fanboys try to debate it, TT1 and Jinro considering some of their GSL results? What? Ok, you clearly haven't watched GSL since season 4 so your point should be disregarded as nothing more than batshit crazy.

Also, when bomber said he still considered MVP the best, he probably meant out of all terrans or just possibly even the TvT matchup. There is no clear best player right now and maybe the super tournament coming up soon will shed some light on who is.
Cr0wbar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden6 Posts
May 12 2011 07:29 GMT
#50
Will the GSL continue over the summer? : D
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them. George H. W. Bush
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1036
ComeBackTV 912
TaKeTV 558
SteadfastSC540
LamboSC2371
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex108
EnkiAlexander 70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 540
LamboSC2 371
mouzHeroMarine 302
IndyStarCraft 216
ProTech137
Rex 108
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25563
firebathero 203
Rush 130
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 24
Bale 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
Djem5 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7836
qojqva1612
420jenkins135
monkeys_forever1
Counter-Strike
fl0m1645
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1926
crisheroes1264
Liquid`Hasu545
XaKoH 179
MindelVK11
Other Games
Grubby2184
ceh9777
FrodaN744
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS188
Hui .170
KnowMe140
QueenE114
C9.Mang0112
Trikslyr76
Mew2King65
Dewaltoss48
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2656
League of Legends
• TFBlade1113
Other Games
• imaqtpie775
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur256
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Stellar Fest
18h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.