• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)42Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8359 users

[M][N] A Simple Game of Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:18 GMT
#1046
I guess I might as well reveal, I got a pm saying You hear a whisper: LYNCH PALMAR
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:19 GMT
#1047
I have no idea who sent it.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:24 GMT
#1048
On December 15 2017 06:23 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'm a boss.


nice shot btw VE
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:31 GMT
#1051
like to me the situation is this. We probably have 2 more mafia to deal with. 14 is an awkward number of people in a game (thx for including me damdred). I am just going to assume damdred added a bunch of weak blues to compensate for the 2 extra mafia. That would also explain why they have both a RB and a godfather.

We know we have at least 3 blues (me, some kinda vigi (VE) and some role that can send whispers) and we know mafia has at least 2 roles.

To be honest the whisper role could be mafia too. But I'm kinda assuming the role isn't just "send a random player a whisper every night". I'm fairly sure that there's more to it.

Also, both my role and the whisper role include a random factor. So I'm assuming that might be a thematic thing here.

The reason btw I'm assuming the whisper role is random is that why on earth would someone send me a message about lynching me.

Additionally we have 2 more unresolved claims (hf and koshi) although I don't know if they were serious. HF kinda sounds like he is but he does this kinda thing. Koshi was probably trolling (or maybe the whisper thing is related to a doctor move?).

In any case, we don't really need more claims today. Mafia needs to kill both me and VE in the coming nights and looks like they have just 1 kp (although maybe we have a doc-type-role and someone got saved). It's probably best to hold claims unless you have a really good reason to claim for now.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:31 GMT
#1052
On December 15 2017 07:25 Kmatt wrote:
Seems like a waste to give that to you. Unless the recipient is random.

This "Simple" game is becoming anything but.

I'm assuming it's random yes
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:32 GMT
#1053
I'm working under the assumption we have at least 2 unclaimed (or semi-fake-claimed) blues, and mafia has 2 more people alive.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:36 GMT
#1055
On December 15 2017 07:35 Holyflare wrote:
I'm not blue and why is this a bastard game?

so you're actually retracting?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:36 GMT
#1056
well I guess that makes things a lot easier, we just lynch forumite and see where it takes us. It's statistically the best play.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:39 GMT
#1059
Chez needs to get in here btw.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:40 GMT
#1061
and I actually gotta go. I'm going to pretend that I won't be tempted to post more tonight (this game is actually interesting now and we're doing good).

I'm sure I will end up posting more though
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 14 2017 22:40 GMT
#1062
On December 15 2017 07:40 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 07:36 Holyflare wrote:
We've had 2 normal roles rber and gf and a vig shot and you're a non standard cop that gets 3 checks in one night? Not going to believe that.
Palmar gets 3 checks, but none of them are reliable. He needs a second round of checks, preferably at the same people, and even then its not certain to give results. Your power is actually more reliable, although it takes an extra day to use.

he unclaimed.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 09:05 GMT
#1118
Morning, can someone explain why everyone is voting me?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 09:07 GMT
#1119
On December 15 2017 15:06 Conversion wrote:
even if palmar dies and flips not scum for whatever reason you have enough room to lynch me and still win lol so who cares

I like how Conversion's poe includes himself.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 09:42 GMT
#1120
Here's a list of people I think have a realistic chance of flipping mafia:

Holyflare
Eversince
Forumite

The list of people who probably are town but it's weak:

Conversion
Kmatt
LS

And here's the list of people who are highly likely to be town:

Koshi
VE
prplhz

the wildcard is, as always, Chez.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 09:43 GMT
#1121
On December 14 2017 21:53 Eversince wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 21:49 Conversion wrote:
okay I’m going to boil this down

1) voting someone who’s not your top scum read to vote for someone being “meh” is not towny in my opinion
2) the vote was not 6-3 when you voted, so stop telling me I’m misrepresenting you
3) ANSWER the question on who yoy want to lynch


I'm going to boil this down for you too.

The vote WAS 6-2 (Minus ME! So why the fuck would I not vote you if I was teamed with Oats + Partners) if I was mafia?!
Oats 5-3, ME 5-4, PARTNER 5-5, IUNNO Anyone else who even the semblance of a mafia read on you.... like say half the damn thread?!


This is a terrible defense btw
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 09:43 GMT
#1122
maybe conversion should be in the "stronger town" list.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 12:19 GMT
#1130
On December 15 2017 20:16 VisceraEyes wrote:
Palmar you're being voted because no one believes that there's a multi-sanity cop in a game with exclusively normal roles.


No I didn't, I've maintained that I'm a VT from night 1.

On December 14 2017 07:11 Palmar wrote:
I claim VT.

100% hardclaim.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 12:19 GMT
#1131
On December 15 2017 20:25 VisceraEyes wrote:
Oh you were claiming third party with your non-claim. I get it now.

You're a pleasure Palmar, I'm sorry we didn't get along for so long.

Yeah no, I'm not third party.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 12:21 GMT
#1132
On December 15 2017 21:09 Forumite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 18:42 Palmar wrote:
Here's a list of people I think have a realistic chance of flipping mafia:

Holyflare
Eversince
Forumite

The list of people who probably are town but it's weak:

Conversion
Kmatt
LS

And here's the list of people who are highly likely to be town:

Koshi
VE
prplhz

the wildcard is, as always, Chez.
I like how his case on me hasn't changed since D1.

His 3 checks could all be townies, so there's an out there if we lynch 3 times. I'm not 100% sure on HF though, but he looks much better than Palmar after this claim circus.


The case doesn't change because you can't change actions that happened in the past. However, if I was a betting man I'd actually pick Eversince as my #1 chance of hitting mafia.

You did put the first vote down on Oats. While that may have simply been bad luck by you (as mafia) that it took off, it does give me some hesitation about your alignment.

You've still not said anything that particularly makes me think you're town, but of the three people in the scummy part of town you'd at the moment be my last pick to be lynched.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 12:26 GMT
#1134
No I think Eversince is very likely to be mafia.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 489
SteadfastSC173
TaKeTV 145
ComeBackTV 120
LamboSC288
Rex52
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy12
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech178
SteadfastSC 173
LamboSC2 88
Rex 52
BRAT_OK 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36099
Shuttle 3081
Horang2 958
Bisu 917
Jaedong 717
Mini 594
EffOrt 526
Light 443
BeSt 353
firebathero 342
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 312
Stork 264
ggaemo 185
Zeus 172
Snow 159
Last 154
Rush 143
ZerO 140
Pusan 90
Leta 81
hero 66
Killer 57
sorry 51
Sea.KH 50
Sharp 49
Mong 42
Mind 39
Sexy 30
Shinee 28
Shine 26
Aegong 26
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
Trap 23
Terrorterran 22
soO 19
NotJumperer 16
Yoon 15
Free 14
PianO 12
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5281
qojqva1625
Dendi1003
420jenkins85
Fuzer 55
League of Legends
Reynor108
Counter-Strike
x6flipin501
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2011
crisheroes975
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns38745
singsing2193
olofmeister1477
B2W.Neo920
Mlord243
DeMusliM195
Livibee178
Mew2King115
Liquid`VortiX111
Hui .95
QueenE89
ArmadaUGS77
Chillindude18
Railgan12
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1828
League of Legends
• Jankos2192
• TFBlade773
• Nemesis762
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 50m
Stellar Fest
23h 50m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.