• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9630 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LV - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 74 75 76 Next
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 09 2014 18:06 GMT
#41
Some thoughts:

frames, checks and other night actions don't mean as much as you want them to mean. One of the reasons I like framers to be possible in my games is so that players have to rely on analysis over role use; the game of mafia is meant to be played with intelligence and skill not by throwing your role against a brick wall and shouting: solved!

It is my goal, not only with this game but also through my coaching and my involvement in this community to create an environment where we rely on our intuition and cases and not on what the mod tells us. I know that every player has the ability to be good at making cases and catching scum based on their play and not whether they return red or green to a check.

Even if you have a red check on a player you should be able to lynch them without claiming it, your role is not a get out of arguments free card, instead it is a way to help you ground yourself in the town and provide a little reinforcement to your understanding of the game in progress. If you have a green check on a player you should, likewise, be able to defend them without claiming said check. If your play is good there should be no need for you to ever claim your role.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
April 09 2014 18:10 GMT
#42
I totally agree. Claiming a role should be done at the last moment possible.
So you immediately start with day in this setup? Interesting
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 18:15:12
April 09 2014 18:14 GMT
#43
It's nice in some ways, but can make for a tough adjustment, too.
Usually the D1 post has the host/cohost die :3
On the one hand, it's nice because none of the players are immediately eliminated from the game; everyone gets at least one day (well... unless there are dayvig shots).
But, it can be harder to start because you don't have n0 kills or facial expressions to make gutreads on.

Anyway I won't say much more than that, you'll figure some things out and your coach will help
mtamburini
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada506 Posts
April 09 2014 18:16 GMT
#44
/in
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 09 2014 18:16 GMT
#45
As I said to sqrt last game, forum mafia and irl/video mafia are very different games. Playing one the way you play the other is bound to leave you confused.

You'll have better luck if you try to start over from scratch than carry over your irl/video practices. All that is my opinion, robik may have more/better insights than I do.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
April 09 2014 18:25 GMT
#46
Yeah. I'm looking forward to this game. Forum mafia is different than video mafia. (I play video mafia and suck at it!)
Hopefully I'll be a little better at this.

Rob is a good video player. Never seen him play forum, so should be interesting to see him play a game sometime.

And yeah, reading through the way people type is more difficult than the facial expressions and voice inflections.
I'm excited!
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
mtamburini
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada506 Posts
April 09 2014 19:04 GMT
#47
test for subscribing
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
April 09 2014 19:25 GMT
#48
don't worry i will still play :D
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 09 2014 19:59 GMT
#49
On April 10 2014 04:04 mtamburini wrote:
test for subscribing


There is a button in you 'subscribed threads' page which can be toggled on and off to allow automatic subscription in threads you post in.
You can also subscribe automatically in the bottom left corner.
If I can help you with site specific stuff feel free to ask it in thread.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
sqrtofneg1
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
Canada1159 Posts
April 09 2014 23:31 GMT
#50
On April 10 2014 03:16 Promethelax wrote:
As I said to sqrt last game, forum mafia and irl/video mafia are very different games.

This.
Imaginary
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 10 2014 02:26 GMT
#51
/obs

Unless this takes place immediately (aka now and over the next ~2 weeks) or doesn't start for awhile (aka after Finals), the day/night deadlines are too big a problem for me.

Also papers.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 11 2014 00:30 GMT
#52
Day night deadlines are pretty flexible, as long as there is a host/co-host able to make deadlines I'm pretty happy with anything. If anyone wants a different deadline please ask!

My advice to you all when it comes to mafia: don't over complicate things. The simplest solution is usually the best.
[image loading]
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
April 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#53
That is one smart bunny!
I shall recruit him/her into my army of ninjabunnies!!!
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 11 2014 06:35 GMT
#54
Hi.

So I forgot that I don't fit the criteria for newbie games anymore.

/out
Spectaticle
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 11 2014 16:41 GMT
#55
Would you like to be on the replacements list? You've played few enough games that you would be welcome to replace in should someone drop out part way through.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
April 11 2014 16:52 GMT
#56
I will
/in

(but please confirm with me!! If it starts too soon I can't do it, but I'm thinking it will take at least a week.

On April 11 2014 09:43 27ninjabunnies wrote:
That is one smart bunny!
I shall recruit him/her into my army of ninjabunnies!!!

But then you have to update your name to 28ninjabunnies :x

27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
April 11 2014 17:50 GMT
#57
On April 12 2014 01:52 Amiko wrote:

But then you have to update your name to 28ninjabunnies :x


Truth!

Or I can kill off one of the weaker bunnies to make room for another.
It's illegal to go over 27 bunnies for an army.
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 11 2014 18:30 GMT
#58
On April 12 2014 01:41 Promethelax wrote:
Would you like to be on the replacements list? You've played few enough games that you would be welcome to replace in should someone drop out part way through.


Sure, just include me if you're having trouble filling or you need a replacement. I'm down for whatever.
Spectaticle
mtamburini
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada506 Posts
April 12 2014 17:28 GMT
#59
I have played a lot of video mafia with bunnies, just recently watched her play some forum/em games and im really scared how good she is as either allignment. I will enojy trying to read her this game
27ninjabunnies
Profile Joined April 2014
United States2486 Posts
April 12 2014 20:46 GMT
#60
On April 13 2014 02:28 mtamburini wrote:
I have played a lot of video mafia with bunnies, just recently watched her play some forum/em games and im really scared how good she is as either allignment. I will enojy trying to read her this game


Awww thanks I'm flattered tamburini.

Though you have bested me once or twice in some EM games. And video mafia. Lol
Still salty on that medic cc!
I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties.~Hugh Mackay
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 45m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.