• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7787 users

Witchcraft Mini Mafia II - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 08:32 GMT
#1603
That being said. I will totes read filters today. Somebody here?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 08:34 GMT
#1604
On November 12 2013 11:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I won witchcraft on N2, who else? I got a check.

plz continue.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 11:17 GMT
#1605
Also, I counted 4 blue actions already so your check is the 5th.
Is it a redcheck? Because that would make things easier.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 11:29 GMT
#1606
ah rofl. Did Umasi win witchcraft twice? First night even first place because rayn said he was RB. Umasi can still be scum though, they get RB when they get elected. Then the second night action is totes crap...

I am not pleased. But I guess rayn used the DT check thingie and then Umasi had his second spell selected and track is not the worst then I guess. But preventing KP is always better than DT check right? Because if there is no NK this is just as good as a track, well, preventing KP is better because a townie is still alive.

I am not pleased Umasi. Can you/somebody explain?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 11:37 GMT
#1607
I am reading these spells btw and Umasi said he "checked" Onegu Day 1. But it doesn't say which one of the 2 checks. I think that is kinda important. Umasi looking pretty bad to me tbh.

btw, jail on Thrawn is the only right play and I am 100% sure we should policy lynch the guy on D5 who won witchcraft on D4 and didn't protect thrawn. With this Vanesco lynch he is the only confirmed town, we need to force scum to use KP on somebody else. So, you can only do that by all agreeing we use jail on thrawn 100%.

Also, if you are town and you get lynched D4 make sure you tell us who you voted for right before deadline. I feel like if we can protect thrawn tonight with jail we probably win the game. Because rayn should die, or me, or hopeless, or somebody but not thrawn.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 11:55 GMT
#1608
If I was blue I would totally protect rayn now but you should know that is really really bad. really bad. thrawn dieing is like the only way we can still lose this. I am also saying this because I want to see rayn die and flip. Sorry buddy. But it just felt like you were trying to prevent the Vanesco lynch a tiny bit.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 12:05 GMT
#1609
So I decided to actually read hzflank his filter again and it is quite strange. Apparently he faked a scumread on Mr. Snowman to trick Umasi in talking about it. It must have been a trick because hz voted for snow for witchy witch on D1. As far as I can tell he didn't like Umasi and Sylencia, unlikely last scummers imho. Vanesco would have given his scumbuddies a bit too much attention early game for that.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 12:06 GMT
#1610
Also, I am not spamming, it is that the other people are simply not posting...
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:12 GMT
#1612
Why? Don't you agree thrawn is town? looks like a greencheck so just tell us.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:22 GMT
#1615
On November 12 2013 22:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Do you realize Vanesco flipped godfather so the check is 100% accurate barring the miller?

oh you have a red check?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:23 GMT
#1616
imo you should say it. If you give us the redcheck we can start looking into filters and find the last.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:24 GMT
#1617
Like what is the worst that can happen? They shoot you, you flip town and confirms the redcheck and then thrawn is saved.

win win win
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:29 GMT
#1618
And the only reasonable redcheck you can have is The Snowman. It would make sense why you somewhat were reluctant to push Vanesco.

And seems like there is no Mason between you and thrawn then 0o.

W0t is this?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:46 GMT
#1622
Ok, I thought there was a Mason between you. nvm that.

So you are not telling us on who you have a redcheck? I don't see how that helps us at all. I also don't understand why you didn't push this read on D3.

So a townie is going to die tonight and you are not allowing this guy to filterdive a redcheck. Awesome.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:57 GMT
#1624
Nope, I totally do not agree with holding back that information. As if we will not lynch that redcheck if it is within Snow, Syl, Umasi. People don't have much time as it is and you take away a GIGANTIC helpful piece of information for the next 9 hours and it will make it easier for people to give their read for the last scum. Instead of being unsure about the last 3 scums.

I do not see any reason for keeping that information secret but spill the fact you have a redcheck. So fucking annoying. What, you hope scum is going to buss each other now because htey are afraid for your check?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 13:58 GMT
#1625
It makes 0 sense. 0.

thrawn ask for the check plz.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 14:08 GMT
#1630
On November 12 2013 23:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I AM OUTING THE CHECK JUST BEFORE DEADLINE? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT KOSHI?
why are you dumb?

I have been reading filters for the entire day now and it simply isn't easy. Look at Vanesco filter for example, he starts with talking about Sylencia, asks the thread for approval for his read in his first post of the game. Then goes null after Sylencia defense, then gives Sylencia a strong townread, get's called out by OO for it, explains his townread. Then Vanesco makes a big list and puts Sylencia as null again....

It's sick how much Vanesco talked about Sylencia on his first page of his filter. I can't believe he talked so much about a scumbuddy.

But then I got to look at Snow/Umasi/Hopeless.

Umasi: Dat buss on Vanesco, they kept going for each other early. 2 times elected for Witch.
Snowman: carefree & clueless. Not pushing a scumagenda, but town seemed pretty bad day 1 & 2 so I guess he didn't need to cause disruptions.
Hopeless: really? I said earlier that ET looked bad but mehhhh, 4 page filter and it isn't that bad tbh. Hopeless looks pretty good even thoug he didn't do too much.

Like really, I have 0 clues. A redcheck would be pretty cool and I do not see how we will not lynch this redcheck D4. As if N3 reads will change that.

Just give the damn check and we can work with more information...
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 14:13 GMT
#1635
On November 12 2013 23:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Umasi is town.

Ok thx.

Now, look at how Vanesco enters the thread. Look at how much he talks about Sylencia. You think they are both scum?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 14:19 GMT
#1636
Ok so what I made earlier this day but didn't post it because it was so controversial. But now with this extra information I just want opinions.

Vanesco filter dive:
The first thing I noticed was Vanesco on Sylencia:
This is how Vanesco enters the thread:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 04 2013 09:50 Vanesco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 08:53 Sylencia wrote:
So to anyone who was in the original game, other than our usual win-con, what else should we be looking at in terms of how Witchcraft works?

I don't really like this. You don't really put effort in to even cross-check the players from the last game (of witchcraft) which is really simple to do. The only player to play in the last one is Thrawn who was shot night 1. But I think that is not very relevant since each game can turn out different. I think you should come to your own conclusions on how to play this themed game instead of hoping others tell you how to play. It just seems like your not willing to put the effort in to even try to solve this game for yourself. It's also very dangerous to discuss strategy because scum can see everything also and can use that against town. I'm of the opinion that everybody should play the way THEY think is the correct way to play.

See how Vanesco is really uncertain about this? This doesn't feel like a buss to me it feels more like Vanesco didn't really know how to enter the thread and was asking for approval from the thread about his read. Which is strange stance to take when you enter the thread with a buss.
This is Vanesco follow up, Vanesco puts Sylencia on null here:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 04 2013 11:33 Vanesco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 11:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
What do you think of hzflank and his attempt to make plays?
Or Sylencia's response to your attack?


I'm assuming you are talking about this. I like hzflank's analysis since it makes sense to me, but like I mentioned before I do not like really discussing strategy that much since scum can just meta it. Overall it feels like a townny play trying to rally everybody in one general direction.

With Sylencia I can understand being busy and being a little lazy even tho it took me maybe a minute to cross reference people. He even answers himself that unless anybody obs'd last game then there is no answer to his question. So at this moment I have him as a null read.

Later Sylencia is even a strong townread:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 05 2013 02:39 Vanesco wrote:
I don't like how WoS has been only on my case from basically the start of the game and his inconsistencies so far. He even points out to me not to talk about any games still going on but when Echelon does so here in direct response to WoS, he doesn't even mention it. These inconsistencies pop up many times in his play. He keeps on talking about the out I took from him when I even address that it was from Echelon and I disagree with him, yet he persist that it is because of his out. WoS says that "activity is not [his] only defense", however when you are confused why people would put suspicion on you you just say that you think your performance is decent and that you have a large filter. If somebody doesn't agree with your performance (which is why you might be on their scum list) then the only defense that's left is your filter. Overall I am leaning slightly scummy.

I don't really like your reasoning sno_man on the lynch on Onegu. Especially as a Day 1 lynch I think it would not be a wise move just lynching somebody because you have a hard time reading them.

Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 12:04 thrawn2112 wrote:
This vanesco thing, I could hardly be less interested in any of the arguments against him. I AM interested in WoS's post and want him to get back to me before the magic wears off.

This is the only thing thrawn has posted that seems relevant so far. It seems like he's not interested in any arguments on me and just goes straight at WoS for his post on me. It seems more like a deflection off of me and onto WoS. Maybe there was something more he wanted to say about WoS but he doesn't really have any useful information apart from the part i quoted above. Yes it was his special day but I do not like what he has contributed in the game so far.

My two strongest town reads in the game so far is Echelon and Sylencia. Echelon has made posts that make sense to me and his response to OO saying that Echelon was going "bat-shit" seems very level headed. I was comfortable with Sylencia's first response to my first post and he has stuck true to everything that he has said from the start of the game.

OO calls him out for those 2 townreads and this is how Vanesco replies:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 05 2013 03:35 Vanesco wrote:
Sure OO. Echelon has stated how he disagrees with the strategy by hz and later on agrees on my point about the strategy that hz posted can be used against town. The strategy post he makes later on I am actually fine with (claiming roles when there are no blue able to be voted in) because at this point scum cannot use the vigi shot against the blues. To me it seems like there is no downside which is why I am fine with that type of strategy post. I also like how he just calms down the argument between hz, WoS, Onegu since it seems like scum would want more useless arguments happening in the game and would have just let it continue. He hasn't really offered much of his reads so far in the game but I do think that what he has done so far seems more in favor of town play then scum play.

As I have mentioned before, after Syl's first response to me I didn't really see anything scummy in it and so I put him back in null.
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 19:28 Sylencia wrote:
Options 1/2 about strategy are fairly weak, as I mentioned above, there are biggest fish to fry than foiling strategies most of the time when playing scum (honestly, if scum timezones dont match up good luck with getting anywhere on that, but that's outside the scope of our investigations anyways), and I would've thought that discussing strategy would be a good thing since we can actually get an agreement on some things we should(n't) do, since we've already seen (from you nonetheless) that there are problems in the reveal at night X+1 strategy. Had we not discussed this, someone could've followed the train of thought that we've discussed and just gone through with it without thinking about the fact that scum can possibly realise they've been voted for again the following day.

This is what makes me lean from null to slightly town. Even tho I show a clear flaw in the plan he still sticks to it and if I'm understanding him correctly, it seems that had I not pointed out the flaw it would have been a greater benefit for town than for scum. Although I disagree with the idea, he doesn't change his case even after evidence has been shown why it might be a bad idea and isn't afraid to stand by his motion.

Everybody that I have not mentioned I have a null read on.

After reading Vanesco his reply, I kinda like the explanation for the ET townread. I believe it to be a "legit" townread. The reason for the Sylencia townread is less convincing but because there is so much fluctuation about Sylencia his allignement early in the game I got to lean town on Sylencia.

This means I have a problem. There has to be 2 scum left and I must say that Sylencia his filter looks so horrible that I need to look at Umasi/Mr. Snowman/Hopeless as last 2 scum.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
November 12 2013 14:23 GMT
#1638
You know who Vanesco reminds me off? Seuss his first reads in ##Mafia.

A good townread on Prome, well thought out.
And then his fake scumread on Oats, flipflopping everywhere.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1461
910 96
Bale 30
ZergMaN 22
Aegong 20
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0158
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1311
Other Games
summit1g8276
PiGStarcraft448
ceh9212
Sick177
ArmadaUGS139
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick579
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream256
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1468
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt448
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 17m
OSC
6h 17m
Stellar Fest
6h 17m
OSC
17h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.