• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:11
CEST 19:11
KST 02:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9195 users

RollPlay -- D&D Campaign Show - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
February 19 2013 14:01 GMT
#41
On February 19 2013 22:51 SwedishTosser wrote:
Why is it "Rollplay" and not "Roleplay"?


It's a play on words. Roll as in using dice to play the game. But, when you say it, it sounds like Roleplay. Har har.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
YourGoodFriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2197 Posts
February 19 2013 15:39 GMT
#42
I am really loving the show and can't wait for the next few. Also this has made me want to play some D&D. Think I will be organizing one in the next few weeks
anonymous is the most famous author that anyone can be
YourGoodFriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2197 Posts
February 19 2013 16:17 GMT
#43
On February 19 2013 08:23 PaqMan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 01:22 Exarl25 wrote:
On February 19 2013 00:50 tmtProdigy wrote:
I'd love to do an online group as well, is there anyone else who'd like to play shadowrun or d&d/any other rpg? i'd do the dungeon master as well. haven't played in ages because it's hard to find a time that fits all my friends, as everyone got a job and so on .. but i'd love to play nonetheless


I've always wanted to get into this kind of thing but none of my friends are interested. This show has reignited that desire. If anyone is setting up an online play session then I would definitely be interested in giving it a shot. Seems like it would be pretty hard to find people willing to stick around consistently for it though. Maybe just set up a TL d&d night and see how much demand there is.


Yeah! That's exactly how I feel. I've been interested in DnD for a while now too, but none of my other friends are into it. I'd definitely want to give it a try if you guys can set something up.

I just subscribed to the youtube channel so I can keep up with their epic.


I would love to get together and play with some people from TL. What time zone are people in who are interested in playing?
anonymous is the most famous author that anyone can be
Rokevo
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1033 Posts
February 19 2013 16:47 GMT
#44
This was more entertaining than I expected :p

Thanks JP for putting out so much cool content for the community!
SCDoGo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States92 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 18:01:51
February 19 2013 17:59 GMT
#45
On February 19 2013 23:01 ayaz2810 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 22:51 SwedishTosser wrote:
Why is it "Rollplay" and not "Roleplay"?


It's a play on words. Roll as in using dice to play the game. But, when you say it, it sounds like Roleplay. Har har.


It also draws off of a debate in the pen-and-paper rpg community that comes up every time a new system is released. The argument is that the more you quantify actions (particularly non-combat actions) with skills, points and dice rolls, the less room you have to role play your character in the more classic sense (think improv acting). This has been the recent trend in game design for the last decade or so, as can be seen in WotC's offerings and others of its ilk. The opponents to using these game mechanics to decide everything claim that role playing is being turned into roll playing, with the dice replacing the developed character.

E: For those still confused, these guys are doing more of the traditional role playing as opposed to the war game style roll playing used in the title . . . JP being unintentionally ironic?
I intend to live forever . . . So far, so good!
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
February 19 2013 18:07 GMT
#46
I've always wanted to try D&D because I love the infinity engine games. Is 2.5 basically like that? I think I could convince my friends if that were the case
Platinum Support GOD
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 21:03:38
February 19 2013 20:37 GMT
#47
I used to play D&D when I was a kid and I have to say, I really didn't realise how much I missed it until this series. Thanks for putting it up for us to watch.

Edit: Also, would there be some way for people to somehow makes their own rolls with the same level of transparency? It's not a big thing, but seems a bit...off(?) having JP roll them all.

2nd Edit: Actually I guess it doesn't matter. I still think it would be cool, but I can't imagine it being easy to do in a decent way and rng is rng regardless.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
MaYuu
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Sweden516 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 21:25:10
February 19 2013 21:08 GMT
#48
I'd like to try D&D, I have never played it but it seems super fun.

PM me if there's a spot open in any european timezone partys!

edit: spelling
ehh`?
Dark Lord
Profile Joined March 2011
United States38 Posts
February 20 2013 00:19 GMT
#49
Photoshopped some unofficial cartoon representations of Vincent and Abigaël. I plan to do the other two and then add all four and a background.

Vincent Longborn
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Abigaël Aidelbaum
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
February 20 2013 00:32 GMT
#50
really like that ty for making it <3
Koibu0
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States513 Posts
February 20 2013 01:10 GMT
#51
On February 20 2013 03:07 MattBarry wrote:
I've always wanted to try D&D because I love the infinity engine games. Is 2.5 basically like that? I think I could convince my friends if that were the case

2nd edition is terrible. I don't recommend it's out-of-the-box format to anybody, except as a launching point for making a better system. As SCDoGo said, many new system like to have rules in place for just about everything, which makes the game a lot more simple and streamlined. 2nd edition has just enough rules to make play functional, which sounds nice, until you read them and see how lacking they really are.

The DMG (Dungeon Master Guide) put it best when it said:
Take the time to have fun with the AD&D rules. Add, create, expand, and extrapolate. Don't just let the game sit there, and don't become a rules lawyer worrying about each piddly little detail. If you can't figure out the answer, MAKE IT UP! And whatever you do, don't fall into the trap of believing these rules are complete. They are not. You cannot sit back and let the rule book do everything for you. Take the time and effort to become not just a good DM, but a brilliant one.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
February 20 2013 01:24 GMT
#52
On February 20 2013 05:37 Iyerbeth wrote:
I used to play D&D when I was a kid and I have to say, I really didn't realise how much I missed it until this series. Thanks for putting it up for us to watch.

Edit: Also, would there be some way for people to somehow makes their own rolls with the same level of transparency? It's not a big thing, but seems a bit...off(?) having JP roll them all.

2nd Edit: Actually I guess it doesn't matter. I still think it would be cool, but I can't imagine it being easy to do in a decent way and rng is rng regardless.


Crystalkeep and d20SRD.org both have dice rollers. In Play-by-Post games, generally you'll use one of those and link the result page to your posted rolls so they're verifiable.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
PJFrylar
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
February 20 2013 01:58 GMT
#53
I am eagerly awaiting a cartoon of the goblin being force fed wine and then being stabbed in the face with a spear shaft. I've not laughed so hard in quite awhile, thanks incontrol.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
February 20 2013 03:16 GMT
#54
where's part three *rabble rabble* it's been slightly over 24 hours jp *rabble rabble* seriously though i'm super excited for the next part ^^
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
February 20 2013 03:23 GMT
#55
On February 20 2013 12:16 PrinceXizor wrote:
where's part three *rabble rabble* it's been slightly over 24 hours jp *rabble rabble* seriously though i'm super excited for the next part ^^


Check twitter

Probably just hasn't gotten around to adding it to the OP.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
February 20 2013 05:50 GMT
#56
On February 20 2013 12:23 Charger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 12:16 PrinceXizor wrote:
where's part three *rabble rabble* it's been slightly over 24 hours jp *rabble rabble* seriously though i'm super excited for the next part ^^


Check twitter

Probably just hasn't gotten around to adding it to the OP.

at the time i had checked youtube and it wasn't showing up for whatever reason
8mmspikes
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1704 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 05:25:31
February 20 2013 06:12 GMT
#57
^_^
Suppy fan | ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WELL MET ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ | http://www.twitter.com/8mmspikes
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
February 20 2013 12:29 GMT
#58
Part 3 is up


Sorry for not having this posted sooner. The "Scheduled" function sets the time to one day ahead automatically and I didn't change it so it wasn't live at 7PM like it should of been.
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
YourGoodFriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2197 Posts
February 20 2013 14:22 GMT
#59
Yeah!!!! Part 3! As I was watching + Show Spoiler +
I was thinking really? you aren't going to post a watch? Come on lol read more books
I am really loving the show JP. You are awesome for setting this up
anonymous is the most famous author that anyone can be
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
February 20 2013 17:09 GMT
#60
everytime it ends i get a bit sad lol
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 265
UpATreeSC 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1434
EffOrt 1083
Mini 814
Soma 636
actioN 476
Rush 439
Larva 331
Light 310
BeSt 205
Dewaltoss 156
[ Show more ]
Snow 134
hero 109
firebathero 90
sorry 67
Liquid`Ret 59
Zeus 58
Barracks 57
soO 32
Sexy 26
ToSsGirL 25
Trap 25
JYJ 23
Bale 21
Shine 19
zelot 18
Rock 9
Sacsri 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7585
qojqva2212
Dendi817
420jenkins187
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps887
Fnx 787
x6flipin544
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5569
Grubby4117
Liquid`Hasu468
Other Games
Beastyqt535
B2W.Neo443
byalli416
ceh9413
Khaldor184
Liquid`VortiX151
ArmadaUGS144
KnowMe142
TKL 88
C9.Mang078
BRAT_OK 77
Trikslyr53
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV270
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH268
• StrangeGG 69
• Reevou 5
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 16
• 80smullet 12
• FirePhoenix11
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV433
League of Legends
• Nemesis3414
• TFBlade831
Other Games
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 49m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.