• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:40
CEST 07:40
KST 14:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7732 users

MVP Phoenix Discussion - Page 10

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Tephus
Profile Joined May 2011
Cascadia1754 Posts
August 28 2015 03:40 GMT
#181
Reisen is back, + dudu. Need 1 more, if Forev and sunbhie are staying.
AdministratorTeam Liquid VP of Esports
Asjo
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Denmark664 Posts
August 28 2015 20:59 GMT
#182
I don't think losing NutZ is terrible for the team, but losing Kpii is quite a blow. He impressed me in the wildcard qualifier and some of the TI matches. But they got MP, who seemed to be the best player on HOT6ix after Forev, so it's a decent consolidation. I really want to see more from MVP. Their results at TI might not have been convincing, but a lot of the time their play was really good. Both Korean teams feel through in a few really bad situations, but put up a good fight the rest of the time. Definitely some potential in that - would be particularly cool if they could steal away some talent from the LoL scene.
I am not sure what to say
DucK-
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore11447 Posts
August 28 2015 23:16 GMT
#183
On August 29 2015 05:59 Asjo wrote:
I don't think losing NutZ is terrible for the team, but losing Kpii is quite a blow. He impressed me in the wildcard qualifier and some of the TI matches. But they got MP, who seemed to be the best player on HOT6ix after Forev, so it's a decent consolidation. I really want to see more from MVP. Their results at TI might not have been convincing, but a lot of the time their play was really good. Both Korean teams feel through in a few really bad situations, but put up a good fight the rest of the time. Definitely some potential in that - would be particularly cool if they could steal away some talent from the LoL scene.


Kpii and impressed??? I can't remember how many times I face palmed when watching him play, especially naga.

Anyway the current lineup is as close to a dream team as you can get. Problem is that I don't think MP and QO should be in the same team because of conflicting roles. Also lacking forev.
Asjo
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Denmark664 Posts
August 29 2015 00:03 GMT
#184
On August 29 2015 08:16 DucK- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2015 05:59 Asjo wrote:
I don't think losing NutZ is terrible for the team, but losing Kpii is quite a blow. He impressed me in the wildcard qualifier and some of the TI matches. But they got MP, who seemed to be the best player on HOT6ix after Forev, so it's a decent consolidation. I really want to see more from MVP. Their results at TI might not have been convincing, but a lot of the time their play was really good. Both Korean teams feel through in a few really bad situations, but put up a good fight the rest of the time. Definitely some potential in that - would be particularly cool if they could steal away some talent from the LoL scene.


Kpii and impressed??? I can't remember how many times I face palmed when watching him play, especially naga.

Anyway the current lineup is as close to a dream team as you can get. Problem is that I don't think MP and QO should be in the same team because of conflicting roles. Also lacking forev.


Well, I didn't rewatch all the matches before making that comment, but I just remember him for several clutch moments. Might have had his share of misplays as well.

Yeah, MP and QO came off very similar when I was watching the two MVP teams. Will be interesting to see what they make of it.
I am not sure what to say
Asjo
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Denmark664 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-02 04:57:05
September 02 2015 04:56 GMT
#185
On August 29 2015 09:03 Asjo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2015 08:16 DucK- wrote:
On August 29 2015 05:59 Asjo wrote:
I don't think losing NutZ is terrible for the team, but losing Kpii is quite a blow. He impressed me in the wildcard qualifier and some of the TI matches. But they got MP, who seemed to be the best player on HOT6ix after Forev, so it's a decent consolidation. I really want to see more from MVP. Their results at TI might not have been convincing, but a lot of the time their play was really good. Both Korean teams feel through in a few really bad situations, but put up a good fight the rest of the time. Definitely some potential in that - would be particularly cool if they could steal away some talent from the LoL scene.


Kpii and impressed??? I can't remember how many times I face palmed when watching him play, especially naga.

Anyway the current lineup is as close to a dream team as you can get. Problem is that I don't think MP and QO should be in the same team because of conflicting roles. Also lacking forev.


Well, I didn't rewatch all the matches before making that comment, but I just remember him for several clutch moments. Might have had his share of misplays as well.

Yeah, MP and QO came off very similar when I was watching the two MVP teams. Will be interesting to see what they make of it.


I am yet to watch the last 20% of matches for TI5, but I just watch MVP.Phoenix vs iG, and I have to say that your general sentiment about kpii was quite fitting in game one. At least it was hard to recognize him. So many bad decisions in that match.
I am not sure what to say
herokiller_
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
92 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-02 09:39:54
September 02 2015 09:39 GMT
#186
didn't March say he was going to retire after TI5?
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
September 02 2015 10:27 GMT
#187
On September 02 2015 18:39 herokiller_ wrote:
didn't March say he was going to retire after TI5?

he has time to play one or two majors before his military service
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
September 05 2015 12:22 GMT
#188
Anyone know why QO is skilling stats over lightning in this TNC vs MVP.P game 3?
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
September 05 2015 12:26 GMT
#189
no idea, i think lightning is still strong vs ta
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Asjo
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Denmark664 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-21 20:53:26
February 21 2016 20:11 GMT
#190
So, I partly got what I wanted. The most individually skilled players from MVP.Phoenix and MVP.HOT6ix join together in one squad.

I almost thought that MVP was looking at another stable period with good results. Result-wise, they did quite well at Game Show Global eSports Cup with an improvised line-up. And they seemed to be beating the best SEA teams again. However, once again, they have become very unreliable, and just don't seem like a convincing well-rounded team the way their TI5 line-up did.

I have only watched a few games of their recently, and the players seemed to play alright individually, but the team's play seemed to lack intelligence and purpose. Because of this, they only looking good when they were playing at a comfortable lead or when they were taking small skirmishes and not being pushed or pressured. Since I couldn't watch all the matches, I was reading up on what other people said, and what I notice it that people keep pointing out the countless mistakes MVP make.

So, this leaves me quite curious of how they will do at Shanghai Major. I fear that I might look too much into these online matches and perhaps underestimate the other SEA teams. I might be blindly ruling out a good LAN-performance from MVP. What do you guys think? Is MVP a strong team at the moment? Do they lack a good captain? How do you rate DuBu? I haven't watched him play much.
I am not sure what to say
DucK-
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore11447 Posts
February 21 2016 21:10 GMT
#191
It's always the same imo. When they get their comfort drafts, they can roll over any team with their aggression. But this same aggression is what loses them games as well. They play without intelligence, just sheer brute force.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
February 24 2016 22:46 GMT
#192
MP got 8k
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
the bear jew
Profile Joined August 2014
United States3674 Posts
February 25 2016 02:57 GMT
#193
On February 25 2016 07:46 Birdie wrote:
MP got 8k


And MVP got game 1. :D
DeMoN pulled off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
February 25 2016 03:20 GMT
#194
Love these MVP picks!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 25 2016 12:00 GMT
#195
On February 25 2016 11:57 the bear jew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 07:46 Birdie wrote:
MP got 8k


And MVP got game 1. :D

and MVP got day 1
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
chairs
Profile Joined June 2015
Singapore120 Posts
February 25 2016 12:23 GMT
#196
wow, i missed the mvp v secret game. looks like they were stomps
DucK-
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore11447 Posts
February 25 2016 12:58 GMT
#197
Kinda gifted 4 games with how their opponents drafted.
hunter_x
Profile Joined June 2014
Germany2762 Posts
February 25 2016 16:57 GMT
#198
On February 25 2016 21:58 DucK- wrote:
Kinda gifted 4 games with how their opponents drafted.

lol, yeah sure. plz stop making excuses for ehome and secret. mvp outplayed them both...
Coolsnow7
Profile Joined May 2015
46 Posts
February 25 2016 17:08 GMT
#199
On February 26 2016 01:57 hunter_x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 21:58 DucK- wrote:
Kinda gifted 4 games with how their opponents drafted.

lol, yeah sure. plz stop making excuses for ehome and secret. mvp outplayed them both...


You have to acknowledge that it's hard to just draw that conclusion at face value. No one expected that to happen going into this tournament.

Moreover I don't think an outdraft necessarily takes anything away from MVP at all. Its a part of the game like everything that happens post draft.

Finally, you have to acknowledge that EHOME's draft was... let's call it unorthodox in both games. Sure, MVP's was as well to an extent, but again, it's really hard to accept at face value that a draft that included Lifestealer, Phoenix, etc. didn't have anything to do with EHOME's loss. Similarly, I think Secret got completely blown away by that safelane Lesh maxing edict - that was pretty nuts, but EXTREMELY effective against the SB that was guaranteed to be out of lane more often than not, especially combined with the NP.

I actually thought that Secret outplayed MVP midway through game 2, but were just too far behind by the extremely fast push for it to make a difference. By the time they started turning around the MVP push, they were like 7k gold behind due to losing most of their outer towers.
DucK-
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore11447 Posts
February 25 2016 17:37 GMT
#200
On February 26 2016 01:57 hunter_x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 21:58 DucK- wrote:
Kinda gifted 4 games with how their opponents drafted.

lol, yeah sure. plz stop making excuses for ehome and secret. mvp outplayed them both...


I'm not making excuses for the losers. I'm just stating facts. Those were terrible drafts by Ehome and Secret.

I know how good MVP is. As I have mentioned a few posts above, MVP is more than capable of taking down any team when they can play their game. So don't take it that I'm being biased or negative because I'm just being objective.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2015
Shuttle 957
Dewaltoss 86
Hm[arnc] 45
Yoon 45
Bale 26
Noble 24
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor706
Other Games
summit1g7562
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft288
Mew2King154
ViBE55
ArmadaUGS48
trigger2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2308
League of Legends
• Rush1131
• Lourlo1099
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 20m
OSC
16h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.