• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:14
CEST 19:14
KST 02:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7030 users

Team DK Discussion - Page 57

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 77 Next
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
July 18 2014 22:39 GMT
#1121
It could've been my two favourite teams in the WB finals. Instead it's my two least favourite. Not sure I even want to watch that series.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
July 18 2014 22:40 GMT
#1122
Kind of disappointed by DK. Way too many misplays... gotta rework the mindset for tomorrow against IG. Knowing DK, I am sure they will be back and stronger the next time round.
SleepyDreams
Profile Joined July 2012
600 Posts
July 18 2014 22:40 GMT
#1123
On July 19 2014 07:39 Orome wrote:
It could've been my two favourite teams in the WB finals. Instead it's my two least favourite. Not sure I even want to watch that series.


Exactly my thought, I'm just going to sleep, hopefully when I wake up newbee wins or something
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
July 18 2014 23:05 GMT
#1124
Terrible preformance by DK.. I really hope they come back for losers bracket
我是冠军
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
July 18 2014 23:33 GMT
#1125
On July 19 2014 07:39 Orome wrote:
It could've been my two favourite teams in the WB finals. Instead it's my two least favourite. Not sure I even want to watch that series.


Watching it now, so sad . I guess I slightly prefer newbee over eg but out of all the teams to get to the wb finals those are the two I dislike the most.
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-18 23:48:37
July 18 2014 23:38 GMT
#1126
On July 19 2014 08:33 ZeaL. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2014 07:39 Orome wrote:
It could've been my two favourite teams in the WB finals. Instead it's my two least favourite. Not sure I even want to watch that series.


Watching it now, so sad . I guess I slightly prefer newbee over eg but out of all the teams to get to the wb finals those are the two I dislike the most.

A million times this. I'm pissed beyond any imagination, not only because of the fashion we lost in, but on top of that it was against EG, which makes things way worse.
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
xalazias
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia32 Posts
July 19 2014 00:06 GMT
#1127
On July 19 2014 08:38 Talron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2014 08:33 ZeaL. wrote:
On July 19 2014 07:39 Orome wrote:
It could've been my two favourite teams in the WB finals. Instead it's my two least favourite. Not sure I even want to watch that series.


Watching it now, so sad . I guess I slightly prefer newbee over eg but out of all the teams to get to the wb finals those are the two I dislike the most.

A million times this. I'm pissed beyond any imagination, not only because of the fashion we lost in, but on top of that it was against EG, which makes things way worse.


Sorry, probably a silly question, but why do you guys dislike EG so much? I'm pretty neutral about them (prefer them over NB since I heard about NB's refusal to scrim with DK, etc) but is there something they've done/something against them?
we rise. we rise. we rise.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
July 19 2014 00:11 GMT
#1128
It's not clear at all that NB was part of the boycott. Xiao8 said they scrimmed most with VG and DK, so unless he's straight-up lying, the boycott was just LGD and iG.

I dislike EG because I dislike all the NA dota nonsense. Mason's a douchebag and while I'm sure Arteezy's a nice guy in private, his stream persona doesn't exactly make me want to cheer for him. Yelling 'YOU ALL HAVE DOWNS' while listening to the most obnoxiously terrible music ever made and all.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Talron
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany7651 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 00:35:46
July 19 2014 00:33 GMT
#1129
For me it's the same as Orome. It's this typical NAdota behaviour, which is the major con for me. RTZ, who I still consider an excellent player, comes off as your stereotype spoiled teenager. Ever been in a public vehicle, where there was a kid trying to pick a fight over not wanting to give his seat to someone who actually needs it? Or listening to music on his cellphone without headphones so loud, that he makes the whole bus hear it? RTZ is that kind of kid in my eyes. Same goes for ppd and zai. Mason is another chapter, which I'm also just gonna book under "NAdota". They're all really good players, but how they present themselves as personalities is just ... Ugh.
Universe and Fear however have my biggest respect, even outside of the game.

Regarding the NB thing: I don't think they did, but even if they did boycot DK, which would be unfortunate, there is no rule written anywhere, that NB would have to scrim with DK. If they don't wanna, they don't have to. It's their choice after all.
EHOME 2010 never forget EHOME.GIGABYTE.AAA B-God In BurNing we trust BurNing your soul DK 2011-2014
ForTehDarkseid
Profile Joined April 2013
8139 Posts
July 19 2014 01:17 GMT
#1130
EG are really Evil Geniuses, knocking DK into hardest opponent to face after the run they had entire year.
I think their strategy is to dumpster bad Western teams (c) uriel
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 19 2014 01:28 GMT
#1131
On July 19 2014 10:17 ForTehDarkseid wrote:
EG are really Evil Geniuses, knocking DK into hardest opponent to face after the run they had entire year.

likewise for EG too if they were knocked down.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
ForTehDarkseid
Profile Joined April 2013
8139 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 01:34:01
July 19 2014 01:31 GMT
#1132
On July 19 2014 10:28 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2014 10:17 ForTehDarkseid wrote:
EG are really Evil Geniuses, knocking DK into hardest opponent to face after the run they had entire year.

likewise for EG too if they were knocked down.

Yeah, I have always said that iG is the ultimate villains of the Chinese scene. both DK and EG are heavily favored by Western fans, and iG could destroy the dream for either of them.

Anyway, let's just believe in DK.
I think their strategy is to dumpster bad Western teams (c) uriel
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
July 19 2014 01:49 GMT
#1133
welp I do enjoy the salty tears of EG fanboys after EG got floored by Newbee, so there's that going for me at least.
Tulanwarrior
Profile Joined September 2013
Malaysia219 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 01:51:56
July 19 2014 01:51 GMT
#1134
I really want DK to win because throughout the year, they have shown the most innovations in strategy and personal mechanics that really shown me how DOTA can and should be played, almost like art. Not to mention all their personal stories and struggle.

I'm sure we are all very sad about today's results, my interest in TI4 is all in DK and if they are out then TI is over for me. But they are not out yet, and they still need our support! Lets believe, cause this is probably the last time we can cheer for this group of 5 legends.
DK 2013-2014, never forget
Valhalla44
Profile Joined May 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina983 Posts
July 19 2014 02:30 GMT
#1135
can't even sleep correctly
Namunelbo
Profile Joined June 2012
501 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 02:55:36
July 19 2014 02:54 GMT
#1136
Totally unrelated, but what was said in the video Gamefy released and then deleted?
According to Lanm's interview, it's just specific at that moment against EG, one strategy today might not be the same the next day.
Although 71 said it was the fruit of all their efforts and research...

Summoning Monv18hao, according to her it's nothing. Did you watch the video?
Any links?

Do not misunderstand, I'm not blaming nor accusing anyone for their win or loss, just asking out of curiosity.
Tulanwarrior
Profile Joined September 2013
Malaysia219 Posts
July 19 2014 03:07 GMT
#1137
On July 19 2014 11:30 Valhalla44 wrote:
can't even sleep correctly


Same here... Had this feeling ever since that game 2 started.. EG basically played steroid dota.
DK 2013-2014, never forget
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
July 19 2014 03:18 GMT
#1138
got up early and saw the result, sigh really sad
@taefoxy
Monv18hao
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada627 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 03:56:32
July 19 2014 03:56 GMT
#1139
On July 19 2014 11:54 Namunelbo wrote:
Totally unrelated, but what was said in the video Gamefy released and then deleted?
According to Lanm's interview, it's just specific at that moment against EG, one strategy today might not be the same the next day.
Although 71 said it was the fruit of all their efforts and research...

Summoning Monv18hao, according to her it's nothing. Did you watch the video?
Any links?

Do not misunderstand, I'm not blaming nor accusing anyone for their win or loss, just asking out of curiosity.

Wow I'm summoned o.O

Nope I haven't watched it. The chinese scene blew up over it but few actually watched it. From those who did, they spoke about it very carefully (as you'd imagine).
I think Lanm and 71 were both talking about the same idea - Although the discussion was targeted at the draft and is just a section of their ideas, there was a lot of hard work and hours spent studying EG that went into that discussion.

As for what was said, I can only go by what I've repeatedly seen in forums after the blowup. Can't find the links now since it's all buried though.

So from what I've heard, there were things such as discussion about how the brew pick would work out, how mushi is unable to play brew (surprise!), correctly guessing a few of EG's picks, and talk about what mushi would be playing (mushi's hero, ursa, was picked last).
“拿梦想当赌注 我怎么舍得输” -ZSMJ
cbk486
Profile Joined July 2014
154 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-19 04:19:37
July 19 2014 04:13 GMT
#1140
I was at the event and seeing them collapse like that in game 2 was really depressing...I'm really worried about them on Sat/Sun. I personally think the dream is over, but hopefully I'll eat my words.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM725
TaKeTV 235
IndyStarCraft 140
BRAT_OK 134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 725
TKL 268
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 140
BRAT_OK 134
UpATreeSC 71
Rex 56
Codebar 24
MindelVK 17
EmSc Tv 5
MaxPax 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 986
EffOrt 641
Mini 538
firebathero 185
ggaemo 174
Dewaltoss 155
Barracks 63
910 56
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 53
[ Show more ]
Shine 38
Shinee 34
Bale 31
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
Trap 17
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4026
Counter-Strike
Fnx 757
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1921
crisheroes1383
Liquid`Hasu816
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2455
singsing1830
B2W.Neo798
Beastyqt520
ceh9479
Sick225
ArmadaUGS177
C9.Mang0110
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream544
Other Games
BasetradeTV48
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 5
EmSc2Tv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile121
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2414
• TFBlade726
Other Games
• WagamamaTV736
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.