• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:32
CEST 08:32
KST 15:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8464 users

JediGamer/Syndicate turning a new leaf.

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
JediGamer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States656 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 19:09:49
August 07 2011 19:05 GMT
#1
*Note- I'm not sure if this is the right section, change if needed

Hello, some of you may know me, most may not- I am Alex aka Jedigamer/Syndicate. I'm not famous for tourneys, I've never won anything big, in fact I tend to choke anytime I reach a finals. I'm just a regular above average T/P GM player who practices on NA/Europe. I'd like to make 2 things clear before you read any further, if you choose not to read this statement.

1) I have a hot-head and have acted like an huge jerk
2) Although I am flawed -I truly am not a real bad person IRL, and love contributing and helping people out

Basically since I was younger through now I've had a huge reputation for for being a very bad mannered player. Rightfully so, as I have a terrible temper and when it tends to strike I lose all respect and just rage. I've been a total ass to countless people, and a really nice mentor to a lot of others. Again, rightfully so- I am obviously more known for playing the total asshole card. Nowadays sometimes I find myself BMing regularly, and just to get myself into the game (If I BM I have more of a reason to win, really immature), or just because people expect no different from me.

I'd like to apologize to everyone from TL.net , Bnet, Tourneys, etc that I have bad mannered. If I bad mannered you first, its almost a guarantee you didn't deserve it. It is clear that just by making an apology things are not right . I am okay with that, and willing to work hard to try to change it. I don't expect everyone to be okay with me or welcome me in any way, again I've been such a jerk.

My actions and reputation have cost me a lot of things- and as I am maturing (sadly still) I realize I've taken the wrong road can't keep walking it. It cost me partially a lot of my students and coaching potential on larger sites, it indirectly cost me a very loyal stream that supported me despite using some cheeses and playing long drawn out macro games on ladder. (I rarely cheese anymore, unless im exhausted but can't stop playing). I ended up losing my stream due to a bit of false slandering that banked on my terrible reputation, although it is not the time or place to discuss as the time has passed.

For a while I was helping a lot of people out, mostly for free, to get practice coaching. I quickly found out that I love teaching SC2 and how to make gains and break down the game for oneself (like teaching how to READ replays, not just watching them). It was never about the money with my coaching, I actually found myself giving people extra hours and such because I liked watching people improve at a new game that was so rewarding, and knowing that I helped them get there .

Anyhow, this isn't about my love of the game or my coaching or stream, it is about me making changes as a person permanently . It won't be easy, but I'm going to make them, 100%.

Here is the first couple changes I am going to make, that the community can hold me accountable to :

1) I am going to help by posting informed information in the strategy section. I have a lot to offer new and older players, as I play the game, coach it, and study it. I currently understand the game a little better than I can play it.

2) The bad manner on ladders/bnets is over. I am no longer going to make my problem my opponents, because it isn't his fault I can't focus, or my stream is lagging, or my internet is crap. I will either GG and leave or leave. This means as of Sunday afternoon, its done, gone, zip, zero.

3) I am going to post a couple guides to builds I am using on ladder, to help players who are bored of using bio vs Z and P, but don''t want to commit to a passive style.


It won't be easy, but hopefully by making this post it will be the extra thing that tilts me onto the new leaf. I truly like helping people out, and don't want to be "That jerk" when that isn't who I actually am.
http://www.z33k.com/starcraft2/coach/sc2coaching Tastosis Approved Coaching
sCFade
Profile Joined September 2010
307 Posts
August 07 2011 19:07 GMT
#2
This is... surprisingly awesome.

GL
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 07 2011 19:08 GMT
#3
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=18
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
August 07 2011 19:10 GMT
#4
Moved to blogs
Moderatorgold coin
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
August 07 2011 19:10 GMT
#5
I have heard this a lot from friends and people who have come in and out of my team over the years. Unfortunately it usually doesn't last very long, as some one like this usually unsuccessful in changing their ways. That being said it's always great to see some one stepping up and admitting they've messed up, I hope you keep up with it.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
HybridZ
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 19:22:17
August 07 2011 19:11 GMT
#6
Gj jedI, not a fan of terran players but all gm's have my respect, gl with the self improvement. Bm is for half-wits and teens in my mind.
For Char! Written on Iphone
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 19:13:50
August 07 2011 19:13 GMT
#7
On August 08 2011 04:10 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
I have heard this a lot from friends and people who have come in and out of my team over the years. Unfortunately it usually doesn't last very long, as some one like this usually unsuccessful in changing their ways. That being said it's always great to see some one stepping up and admitting they've messed up, I hope you keep up with it.


In most cases, it's an underlying issue of coping or tolerance.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
zOula...
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States898 Posts
August 07 2011 19:19 GMT
#8
You do indeed have quite a reputation for being an asshole... but if you really do change your ways and just focus on improving I believe people can quickly forget about the past. Keep it up and make people remember you for how good of a player you are, not for what fucked up thing you said to them.
MeMoRyOfLoVe
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
August 07 2011 19:28 GMT
#9
I hope you come back to TL streams. Yours was one of the more entertaining ones.

I usually only lurk here but I decided to register just to be able to write this.
If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
August 07 2011 19:59 GMT
#10
since most people deserve a second chance, you shall have one. good luck, see you on the other side!
@nowSimon
Proflo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States148 Posts
August 07 2011 21:36 GMT
#11
Awesome to hear, hope to see your stream back on TL someday soon, was always one of my favorites...gl turning a new leaf man, cant wait to see these strategy posts :-p
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
August 08 2011 00:22 GMT
#12
Just don't type in chat. You know when you rage it just makes people feel that much better about themselves.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
August 08 2011 00:43 GMT
#13
Good choice. Good luck.
TeamMadness
Profile Joined April 2011
United States155 Posts
August 08 2011 00:55 GMT
#14
Jedi has given many people from our team (including myself) lessons and is a phenomenal teacher. Really has the ability to explain in depth strategies and game knowledge well. We personally have never really experienced his BM, but I have definitely heard about it. I know that he deserves a second chance and am glad the community has been so open to this so far!
Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.
hipposc2
Profile Joined March 2011
12 Posts
August 08 2011 03:35 GMT
#15
I personally think this is a really good step for Jedi. :D Keep it up jedigamer we supporting you.
JediGamer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States656 Posts
August 09 2011 04:50 GMT
#16
It got tough today, as everyone was intense on the ladder but I managed to not say anything at all in rage. Back to pushups ><.
http://www.z33k.com/starcraft2/coach/sc2coaching Tastosis Approved Coaching
Zowon
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway237 Posts
August 09 2011 16:25 GMT
#17
I support you Jedigamer, really enjoyed your stream and I hope you can get the stream back up on TL. =)
¯\(シ)/¯
Moa
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States790 Posts
August 10 2011 06:26 GMT
#18
On August 08 2011 12:35 hippopotamus449 wrote:
I personally think this is a really good step for Jedi. :D Keep it up jedigamer we supporting you.

Hihi

Anyone trying to reform their BM is a boss in my book.
^O^
Evire
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway198 Posts
August 10 2011 19:07 GMT
#19
Nice post. Hope you get it all sorted out
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
August 10 2011 19:13 GMT
#20
It's neat that you're apologizing and I really really really hope you stick with trying to be better mannered. But reading some of the things you've said in the past I'm not sure how long this will last.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1753
ggaemo 534
910 510
Yoon 260
Mong 109
Shuttle 100
Dewaltoss 93
actioN 66
Hm[arnc] 40
soO 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 27
yabsab 23
Noble 20
ZergMaN 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1097
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor756
Other Games
summit1g8844
C9.Mang0312
Happy221
PiGStarcraft163
Mew2King123
ceh9115
ArmadaUGS43
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2345
League of Legends
• Rush1201
• Lourlo1088
• Stunt415
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 28m
OSC
15h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.