• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:19
CEST 00:19
KST 07:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8999 users

[OSL Ro4] Bisu vs Stork! - Page 29

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 35 Next All
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
December 14 2007 12:48 GMT
#561
Stork i fuckin love you

RRRRRRRRape
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
UbRi
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Italy603 Posts
December 14 2007 12:51 GMT
#562
this sucks, stork would've never beaten savior in the semis but at least the final will be more interesting
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
December 14 2007 12:52 GMT
#563
On December 14 2007 19:50 Catyoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2007 19:46 BluzMan wrote:
... and stop the ZvP imba whining.

To think I'd ever hear that... hehe
Hell heay and the man who made you hear that just lost 0-3. T_T
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
December 14 2007 12:59 GMT
#564
On December 14 2007 21:14 IaniAniaN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2007 21:09 TheFoReveRwaR wrote:
On December 14 2007 20:59 Aepplet wrote:
On December 14 2007 20:43 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
stork fans can still go fuck themselves

how anyone can like that guy is beyond me


he's good, isn't that enough?

Let me explain something to you Steve. A lot of TL users (ok well some...) are not gay and therefore do not feel the need to judge a Bw player based on looks. We can actually look at how they play. If a player is nerdy, we don't give a shit, as long as they show us inspiring and/or entertaining play. We know this might be hard for you to understand, but how a given players' face/hair/jaw line/ or whatever gay superficial shit you're looking at is not relavent to us. So, that being said, what's wrong with Stork? He comes off as a hard working, sincere, and incredibly intelligent player. He seems kind, but at the same time, if you give him shit he isn't so pussy as to not throw it back in your face (the SKT1 game). Is he nerdy? Yes. But he's a Bw player. Who the fuck cares?


He's just pissed that Bisu lost, if this was a soccer match he'd pour beer on you.

EDIT: I'm also pissed Bisu lost btw.

Mmmm Beer.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
December 14 2007 13:04 GMT
#565
On December 14 2007 20:43 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
stork fans can still go fuck themselves

how anyone can like that guy is beyond me

Feel the same about Bisu .

So each to his own :p. And this was more about wanting Bisu to lose then for Stork to win, but I'm sympathetic for stork so today was a good day.

Last time Jaedong and Stork met Stork won, was a rly nice game imho, think on Katrina so if thats a sign for the finals should be good. Same with 3rd place match.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
December 14 2007 13:18 GMT
#566
So, bonjwa theory still holds.

That's the only positive thing I am getting out of this - more exciting finals, well, great, I'd rather have had Jaedong proving himself against the master of PvZ. And Stork is not really likeable.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 13:21:58
December 14 2007 13:21 GMT
#567
Bisu lost 2x in the OSL AND an MSL final. Bonjwa theory isn't holding because check it: Bisu isn't a Bonjwa.

ho ho!
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 13:26:19
December 14 2007 13:25 GMT
#568
Bisu's a good player, but he's no star.

He has excellent PvZ, there's no denying it, but his PvT and PvP aren't so crash hot. It's not that he's necessarily bad at PvT and PvP, but he's very beatable in both.

He's not up there with the Boxer/Oov/Nada/July/Savior class of player.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 13:26:49
December 14 2007 13:26 GMT
#569
Maybe Bisu should ask Stork to play Z next time. Boy were those semis shitty- I guess that's what you get when the real final has already happened in the round of 8... /bored
11 years and counting- TL #680
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
December 14 2007 13:29 GMT
#570
I don't agree.

Stork vs Jaedong will be a very good series.

They're not the best exponents of the matchup, but they're pretty close in terms of relative skill.

I expect a close series.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
proA.June91
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Vietnam445 Posts
December 14 2007 13:40 GMT
#571
I can not believe it

T__T 3 - 0 for Stork. It must be 3 - 2 or something. 3 - 0 T__T
That's hurt
Fear is not what I'll get. It is what I've created myself
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 13:48:11
December 14 2007 13:46 GMT
#572
Bonjwa theory doesn't hold because BW superstition doesn't hold. Stork just resoundingly rebuffed that by winning 3:0 in the first place and he'll tear it in half should he win this OSL.

There's also the idea that Bonjwa isn't a crystallised theory yet. Either way, while Bisu has a ways to go in PvP and PvT, he'll be back.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
EpiK
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5757 Posts
December 14 2007 13:48 GMT
#573
This osl season is the worst.
XIII
Profile Joined September 2005
483 Posts
December 14 2007 13:48 GMT
#574
On December 14 2007 22:29 RowdierBob wrote:
I don't agree.

Stork vs Jaedong will be a very good series.

They're not the best exponents of the matchup, but they're pretty close in terms of relative skill.

I expect a close series.


it can be a good series, but it wont be as good as savior vs bisu was
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
December 14 2007 14:03 GMT
#575
dang I missed it. Well kind of figured Stork has better PvP but 3-0 -.-

now he just has to beat Jeadong or I'll hate him forever.
Xellos <3
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
December 14 2007 14:08 GMT
#576
On December 14 2007 22:46 HaXxorIzed wrote:
Bonjwa theory doesn't hold because BW superstition doesn't hold. Stork just resoundingly rebuffed that by winning 3:0 in the first place and he'll tear it in half should he win this OSL.

There's also the idea that Bonjwa isn't a crystallised theory yet. Either way, while Bisu has a ways to go in PvP and PvT, he'll be back.

Ok, firstly: If you call Bisu bonjwa or not is a matter of preference.
Secondly: If you DO think the label applies to him, you can choose to believe in this theory which predicts the following: Everyone to whom the label applies will win three out of four subsequent MSLs and will win an OSL only after he won his third MSL, not earlier. The predictions of PoP made in that thread still hold:

*Update* Predictions:
1. Bisu will win the next MSL.
2. Bisu will not win the current OSL.
3. However Bisu will grab the OSL following the next MSL's finals.
4. In two MSL, another new bonjwa will take over and win his first starleague ever.

The theory would have been seriously challenged if something like a Bisu vs. Jaedong final had come to pass, as Bisu losing a BO5 to a zerg is highly unlikely at the time being. To reiterate: It is not the theory which makes someone bonjwa, it is a theory which apparently applies to everyone who is called bonjwa, for what reason-o-ever.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
December 14 2007 14:26 GMT
#577
On December 14 2007 21:32 MTF wrote:
All of this bickering is senseless.

[image loading]

Bisu obviously saw his awaiting fate, and the fright immobilized him.


man that's scary
Wait...a pvz final? Wtf, last time that happened was...10 seasons ago? Oh my god, the room is spinning! Something is wrong here!

gogo jaedong crush the protoss!!
poilord
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Germany3252 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 14:32:35
December 14 2007 14:32 GMT
#578
man I worked my way up from lb rank 90 to 60 in ~3 weeks only to lose them all today -____- oh well. Now I'm looking forward to seeing a (hope it will be epic) PvZ final :D
JoMal
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Trinidad/Tobago1177 Posts
December 14 2007 14:36 GMT
#579
wow ! =[
Oh you mad cause i'm stylin on you
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-14 14:57:13
December 14 2007 14:44 GMT
#580
While this semi was a rape, I loved Stork's play so much, especially that Persona game. I had no idea how he had so many fuckn Dragoons. Oooo It was awesome. Felt like I saw Protoss Oov.

Anyways, here's some spare info I dunno where to put.

Bisu plays Up on
Fantasy II, Kat, Blue, Persona, Fan.

Jaedong and Stork is
Persona, Katrina, Fantasy, BlueStorm, persona.



And Stork said this after game.

- Last week watching Up lose 0-3 to Jaedong, he reminded me of myself last season. I know that feeling and I didn't want to lose like that. I'm really happy I won 3-0.

- Persona was the map I had the hardest time on, and go figure Bisu uses a build I never fought against. In Fantasy and Blue Storm, I had the build lead so I think that lead to my victory.

- When I first attacked on Persona, I found out he went dual robo. If he immediately counter rushed, It would have been a very difficult situation, but I bought time well and was able to win the center fight.

- Originally, in Set2, I was gonna take my nat and do a speed zealot reaver hit. However, with the 1-0 lead, I changed my plans. The Contain move worked well so I was able to win.

- Set 3. You blocked the 2 gate well.
--With a lot of practice, I developed the know-how to stop 2 gate. The build was a counter 2 gate build so I just controlled hard trying to not take damage.

- Because you were fighting the guy who beat you in the MSL finals, wasn't it intimidating?

-- I wasn't particularly worried that it was Bisu. I was really worried about what strategy was coming on Persona (Seems Stork had special attention on this map). I don't think my MSL finals defeat is fully avenged yet. A Finals and Semis are different. I'd think I'd have to meet him again in the finals and beat him to say I've had my revenge. But really, I don't consciously go after revenge. It's really a thing of the past.

- YOU MEET JAEDONGERrrrrrrrrrrr.

-- This could seem like a complaint, but Persona I think is the hardest map to PvZ on of the current pool. Swarm is a zerg spell and nice for them. It's also set 1 and 5. The Protoss popularity . I think comming up from a harder scenario to win is a better way to gain recognition. Besides using Persona twice, everything else is nice. I want to overturn Persona in a dramatic win.

- Weak v Zerg reputation>

-- I think I'm weak only in broadcast. I do well in practice. Playing on a big stage like the finals, due to the nervousness, I might not be able to showcase the best of my abilities, I'll practice hard and prepare.

- Who helped you practice?
-- There were so many that came to me to help me. I am so thankful.
Reach, Anytime, Soo, and Best, all offered to help me. On top of that, Backho and BestGod helped. Jangbi on my team helped too. So many others helped me too and I am so thankful.

- Jaedong, attempting the royal road, is not easy.

-- I'm not stressing over it. I have a great momentum right now, so I am trying to ride my momentum to the finals. My debut Starleague was Ever 2005. I got eliminated then, but 2 years later, the same company is holding a SL and since I am in the finals, I want to win no matter what.

- If you had to analyze JD?

-- He definately has his own style. He plays very Zergy ( -_________-;;; ) He macros well, fights well, and makes good builds. It's going to take a lot of thought before I approach the games.

- You have less practice time than JD.

-- He might be happy, but I am probably going to practice for PL first. Practicing for 5 games shoudl take about 2-3 days. I think overpracticing won't help too much either.

- Final words?

-- Looking on the internet, there were talks of Player Awards for the year (or Player of the Year??), Because I don't have a title, they said the chances of me getting an(the?) award were slim. No one really acknowledges the WCG win so it's hard. After seeing those comments, my ambitions increased. I'd have to win this to have a shot at the Award. And today, so many people came, and their cheers really helped my game. I hope for the same in the finals.


Yeahhhhhh. Jaedong vs Stork... I am gonna love this finals.
I loved both players since they were rookies. ~_~ OMG SICK.

And Cut the bonjwa talk you silly gooks.

DUH~ Fifo.
http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=INT&idx=22637
[image loading]

He's so dreamy -____-;;
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE136
Nina 130
Nathanias 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16150
Artosis 323
White-Ra 316
ToSsGirL 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever312
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3878
Counter-Strike
fl0m1352
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox484
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1893
Liquid`Hasu1330
Trikslyr51
Other Games
summit1g6476
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1561
shahzam576
C9.Mang0271
JimRising 228
Mew2King60
ZombieGrub57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 37
• davetesta26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Scarra1031
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 41m
OSC
14h 41m
Stellar Fest
14h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.