• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:53
CEST 15:53
KST 22:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7791 users

[Interview] MSL Semi-Final Day2 Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
February 12 2011 12:21 GMT
#1
(Z)Hydra
"I'm so happy I can't believe it"
[image loading]

- Feelings on your first final?
▲ I'm so happy I can't describe it. I think I'll feel it when I return to the house and my teammates congratulate me. I can't believe it a single bit of it right now because I'm so happy.

- You beat (Z)Jaedong, the best ZvZer.
▲ I only practiced with my teammates, and I focused more on my play rather than how Jaedong was going to play. I wasn't more nervous that Jaedong was my opponent.

- You dominated from the first game.
▲ I took a safe build to show that I didn't fall behind in pure skill. I tried to make the game into a Mutalisk fight.

- You beat your opponent in Mutalisk micro in the first two sets.
▲ The Muta fights started without much trouble, and I think I won easily because Jaedong came out very aggressively. I think it's easier to play on the defense.

- You also showed aggressive play near the end.
▲ I thought that I could end it then and there, so I pushed aggressively, and it worked.

- Did you sense the hidden hatchery in Game 3?
▲ I saw his base with the Overlord, but I didn't see a Hatchery at his natural, so I suspected it. But I think I lost because I tried to make too many Drones. I thought I had almost won, but unfortunately I lost.

- What did you think when you were up 2:0?
▲ Every time I started to get other thoughts, I tried to focus. I concentrated, thinking that it wasn't over yet.

- You got caught up to 2:2 in a heartbeat - what did you think?
▲ It was okay until it was 2:1, but before Game 5 I thought "This is it, so focus". No other thoughts came to mind..

- Is it harder to micro Zerglings compared to Mutalisks?
▲ Usually I think that my Zerglings and Mutalisks are the strongest, but I think Jaedong used his Zerglings exceptionally well today, so if people think so, that must be why.

- Did you prepare the build in Game 5?
▲ I felt that I needed to use my planned build in order to not have regrets. I debated on it right up to the start of the game, but I played thinking to play as I planned. When I was practicing, I thought "If it goes to Game 5, I'll win" and therefore I could be confident in my play.

- You're playing (Z)great in the final.
▲ I thought that (Z)ZerO would advance, so I was a little surprised when I saw the results. I don't have any particular thoughts, just that I must win.

- (Z)great likes using Hive tech units.
▲ That's his style, so I think I must play him to understand his play. Even if it goes to Hive tech, I'm confident that I will win.

- Your ZvZ has been outstanding lately.
▲ I was always confident in it, but I used to get unlucky and my games wouldn't work out well. I practiced a lot after R1 of SPL, and I think it's paying off.

- Your loss in Game 3 was the first of your MSL.
▲ When it was 2:0 I thought "I can get to the final without any losses", but because the record is no more, it doesn't bother me.

- Thoughts on the final?
▲ I have a week left, and I'm just going to practice like I always do. I think I can easily win if I do that, so I don't need to go through any special training. I'll practice well.

- Your team has a Winners League game between now and the final.
▲ If it's my turn, I'll play.

- Final words?
▲ I want to thank our Zergs (Z)SonGDuri, (Z)minoR, (Z)Where, (Z)Cola, and (Z)Orion, and ask them to help me during the final too. The fans are the biggest driving force behind my play, and if they cheer for me during the final I promise to repay them with a victory.
웅진 멘쓰즈
DeseaseR
Profile Joined October 2010
46 Posts
February 12 2011 12:33 GMT
#2
if he took out Jaedong he must win!! nooo JD T.T
Lurking Since 2007
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 12:35:54
February 12 2011 12:35 GMT
#3
Lee Jae Dong

Hydra has been pretty beastly though, lets just hope its isnt a one time fluke but he will continue to grow to solidly take the spot of the number 2 zerg

Jaedong needs to sharpen his edge though :/

EDIT: thanks for the interview!
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
February 12 2011 12:44 GMT
#4
Hydra is definitely the favorite in the final but I wouldn't be surprised if Great wins.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
February 12 2011 12:47 GMT
#5
On February 12 2011 21:33 DeseaseR wrote:
if he took out Jaedong he must win!! nooo JD T.T

This MSL is a massive disproval of such thoughts LOL

I mean:
"Oh noes Stork took out Bisu he must win MSL"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes ZerO took out Stork he must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes! Hydra beat JD! He must win!"
in the finals.... guess what? XDDDDDDDDD
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
February 12 2011 12:52 GMT
#6
On February 12 2011 21:47 _Quasar_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 21:33 DeseaseR wrote:
if he took out Jaedong he must win!! nooo JD T.T

This MSL is a massive disproval of such thoughts LOL

I mean:
"Oh noes Stork took out Bisu he must win MSL"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes ZerO took out Stork he must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes! Hydra beat JD! He must win!"
in the finals.... guess what? XDDDDDDDDD


sooo sad but .. TRUE ..

damn it .. These Individuals are starting to piss me off .. none of players i want to win won .. might as well jinx it ..

GOGOGO HYDRA! /jinx
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
February 12 2011 13:13 GMT
#7
What the fuck Jaedong? This was your MSL for the taking. Looks like JD never getting a Golden Badge :[
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
February 12 2011 13:19 GMT
#8
Congratulations to hydra. HvZ is officially the new JvZ.
lastreason
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania250 Posts
February 12 2011 13:25 GMT
#9
yea " quarterfinals and final of my dreams zvz , great vs hydra , who cares of a final jaedong vs stork , this so much better " yea sure , i feel like this zvz's didn't do good to the bw scene , imagine how much more fans there would have been if stork and jaedong would have played the final , but gg to great and hydra
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
February 12 2011 13:28 GMT
#10
On February 12 2011 22:13 bokchoi wrote:
What the fuck Jaedong? This was your MSL for the taking. Looks like JD never getting a Golden Badge :[


I swear, I think there's a jinx that no Z after sAviOr is ever getting a Golden Badge or something, or that no Z will have a chance of tying Nada, not to mention the double silver when dual leaguing.

Thanks for the translation. I am not happy about the result (HUGE understatement), but congrats to Hydra.
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
February 12 2011 14:03 GMT
#11
After winning the first Korean Air OSL, Effort will now claim this MSL?

Thanks for the translation!
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
February 12 2011 14:16 GMT
#12
Neo-Effort will win the MSL, then retire.
ॐ
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
February 12 2011 14:23 GMT
#13
The starcraft gods really don't want NaDa's record to be matched/beaten.

Anywho, congrats to Hydra!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
naneri
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Kyrgyzstan165 Posts
February 12 2011 14:36 GMT
#14
This MSL is a massive disproval of such thoughts LOL

I mean:
"Oh noes Stork took out Bisu he must win MSL"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes ZerO took out Stork he must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes! Hydra beat JD! He must win!"
in the finals.... guess what? XDDDDDDDDD


"Oh noes Classic and SSak took out Flash they must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"
High APM is when your marine gets 3 stim packs instead of one.
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
February 12 2011 14:41 GMT
#15
On February 12 2011 23:36 naneri wrote:
Show nested quote +
This MSL is a massive disproval of such thoughts LOL

I mean:
"Oh noes Stork took out Bisu he must win MSL"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes ZerO took out Stork he must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"

Then:
"Oh noes! Hydra beat JD! He must win!"
in the finals.... guess what? XDDDDDDDDD


"Oh noes Classic and SSak took out Flash they must win this!"
in the next round:
"OH SHI----"



nope .. i never thought of them to take it all .. it was BO1, but Classic was really surprising though :D
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
February 12 2011 15:08 GMT
#16
What if we are watching right now, the slow descent of Jaedong from the top?
Like some people said, he doesnt seem to have his deathstare...
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
C[SCL]
Profile Joined April 2009
Philippines576 Posts
February 12 2011 15:13 GMT
#17
Couldn't have imagined seeing Hydra or great have a shot at being a champion. But its nice to see someone other than JD and Flash win so..
BISU FAN FOREVER|Really fan.. really.|Flash, please get all the golds. k thx
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
February 12 2011 15:23 GMT
#18
these finals are going to be great
Translator
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 15:26:53
February 12 2011 15:26 GMT
#19
On February 13 2011 00:23 white_horse wrote:
these finals are going to be great


Lol pun
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 12 2011 15:31 GMT
#20
Interview of a winner, short, precise and confident.

Let's see if we get a nice Effort replacement. The scene would need some new blood at the very top.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 768
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC381
TaKeTV 281
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 78
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 381
ProTech134
Rex 115
IndyStarCraft 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45188
Bisu 2441
Horang2 1585
Shuttle 832
EffOrt 740
Hyuk 663
BeSt 549
Soma 532
Light 399
Mini 381
[ Show more ]
Larva 327
Rush 209
ZerO 185
Mong 94
Leta 92
Snow 63
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 40
Sexy 33
JYJ 31
Aegong 29
sorry 19
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Trap 14
Noble 12
Rock 11
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1088
Lowko436
Other Games
singsing2088
olofmeister1654
hiko1486
Beastyqt457
B2W.Neo417
Livibee194
XaKoH 174
Hui .155
Liquid`VortiX143
djWHEAT76
Mew2King72
ArmadaUGS70
QueenE35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2772
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 8m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 8m
Online Event
21h 8m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.