• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8488 users

[Interview] MSL Ro16:Day1 - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
blahman3344
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2015 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 23:01:12
January 06 2011 23:01 GMT
#61
"I have been performing poorly in PvT recently"

I'm guessing that this is during practice matches? Other than that, I can't really think of any other explaination.

I'm a little disappointed that Stork won (I kinda want Bisu to win ^^; ), but it's not the worst thing in the world if stork wins the series, I just hope that he can ride this momentum to the finals and win. =P
I like haikus and / I can not lie. You other / brothers can't deny
TheDefiler_Saves
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway97 Posts
January 07 2011 01:40 GMT
#62
Thank you very much for translating these interviews!

Go Jaedong!
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
January 07 2011 04:47 GMT
#63
Stork actually counted the mineral patches in Bisu's expo during the game? Holy shit..
Writerptrk
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
January 07 2011 05:55 GMT
#64
On January 07 2011 13:47 ArvickHero wrote:
Stork actually counted the mineral patches in Bisu's expo during the game? Holy shit..

It's actually very common (to my understanding) to click the patches to back trace their expansion timing. I.e. seeing how much they've mined will tell you approximately their expo has been up. Especially in a mirror-mu it would be easy to compare with your own.
This neo violence, pure self defiance
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
January 07 2011 06:15 GMT
#65
On January 07 2011 13:47 ArvickHero wrote:
Stork actually counted the mineral patches in Bisu's expo during the game? Holy shit..


I find this gosu as shit. It's the first time I heard this done and to think he was able to do it in a live high-pressure game..

Who needs APM when you have the brains of Stork?
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
January 07 2011 06:48 GMT
#66
Hittegods is right, its a common technique in bw. You can sometimes see observers clicking on patches of mineral to highlight the differences in expo timings, or the commentators saying "he probably sees that his opponents expo has been up for a while after clicking on the mineral patches..."
Translator
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
January 07 2011 08:30 GMT
#67
Forgive my ignorance then.
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 08:45:30
January 07 2011 08:44 GMT
#68
Ever the hard worker Jaedong, but I'm gonna have to agree with Milkis in the OSL post, he's taking wayyyyy too many weird risks and they usually don't pay off, I was literally screaming on Vent "OMG Jaedong's gonna lose" after all his attacking drones died.

Luckily he was able to find an opening ><. It's a shame though, I kind of like Midas too, he's kind of cute.

Thanks for translation as always
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
January 07 2011 09:02 GMT
#69
I find it funny that Jaedong is apologizing for cheesing and producing a bad game when that was one of the most epic games I ever watched.

On the other hand, I scream "FUUUUU" and shut down the stream whenever I see workers pulled in a GSL game
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
January 07 2011 09:25 GMT
#70
On January 07 2011 18:02 dukethegold wrote:
I find it funny that Jaedong is apologizing for cheesing and producing a bad game when that was one of the most epic games I ever watched.

On the other hand, I scream "FUUUUU" and shut down the stream whenever I see workers pulled in a GSL game



hahaha so true! Man, I've never heard of the counting the minerals of your opponent strategy.. man I'm such a noob!

STORK HWAITING!
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
lastreason
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania250 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 10:25:11
January 07 2011 10:24 GMT
#71
gogo stork ,thx for translating
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
January 07 2011 11:39 GMT
#72
Jaedong's match was impressive, thanks for the translations!
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
January 07 2011 11:55 GMT
#73
On January 07 2011 15:15 Renkaoru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 13:47 ArvickHero wrote:
Stork actually counted the mineral patches in Bisu's expo during the game? Holy shit..


I find this gosu as shit. It's the first time I heard this done and to think he was able to do it in a live high-pressure game..

Who needs APM when you have the brains of Stork?

It's been brought up by other progamers at times, I remember FBH saying something about it as well, as a common way to check how long an expo has been up.
lastmotion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
368 Posts
January 07 2011 12:00 GMT
#74
stork said that he compared mineral patches of natural expo to see who had econ advantage...do a lot of top players do this? this is so pro, for real lol
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
January 07 2011 21:26 GMT
#75
On January 07 2011 07:44 SubtleArt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 02:29 Piste wrote:
On January 06 2011 22:00 Kuzmorgo wrote:
Jaedong:
- A lot of people are predicting you to win the MSL in the absence of Flash
▲ I thank you all for your support but it's only the Ro16 and Flash isn't my only opponent in the world. All the players are playing to win and they are very skilled, so I am planning to take it one step at a time. If I just continue with that mindset, I suspect I might be wearing the golden badge after all has been said and done.

Flash:
It is not possible for a player that can beat me this MSL to exist. It's a matter of fact that no such player exists... I think this MSL finals will feature the strongest two players once again. Well, everyone can try their best at least. But in the end, I will win.


That is why I love JD

when did Flash say that? I bet your just another fanboy hating every other player than JD, and thus making shit up.

+ Show Spoiler +
btw, there's a reason why Flash has the right to be more confident than JD.
recent year in OSL+MSL Flash is 3-1 in BoX series vs JD.
also,
Flash: 3golds in 2010
Jaedong: 0


Jaedong won the nate MSL

you're right. sorry, my mistake :D I feel stupid now.
GG_NO_RE
Profile Joined October 2009
Japan238 Posts
January 08 2011 04:08 GMT
#76
the JD game was so fuckin awesome. i really love him for doing this.. and it was tense

hydra absolutely steamrolled classic too. he's becoming one of my favorite players, and has a respectable lineage in the entus zergs as well

action disappointed me with his muta micro in his game... not really that impressed

and it really takes me aback to think that progamers could notice little things like the amount of minerals in a patch, like stork did, and infer that they have an advantage. really awesome stuff. i thought it was great that bisu went for shuttle speed (something so rarely seen in pvp) and i was going crazy with the number of probe kills.. but he just kinda fell apart. stork expertly predicted he would sneak a dt in later to even things up (SO bisu)
Deleted User 37864
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
780 Posts
January 08 2011 04:27 GMT
#77
Yeah.. a lot of people count minerals to check how long the expansion has been up.
Even I do this.. lol.

There is this little trick that zerg players sometimes do. I remember a pro doing it I think.. was it July?
That zerg moved his first overlord to scout for the opponent and STOPPED right at the minerals. So he never saw probes at all, but clicked on the mineral to see that it has been mined.
That way, he knew there was a base and the Protoss never saw the overlord.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 08 2011 15:25 GMT
#78
On the whole mineral patch thing. I think it says a lot about the style of players regardless of whether they all do it. Bisu had the same scouting info as Stork. He saw that Stork was ahead even after the 12 probe kills. Yet he still for some inexplicable reason to pressure knowing that Stork likely has a similar if not bigger sized army, with better economy to back it up.

You have to make the right decision with your scouting. Stork made the correct decision. Bisu did not. First engagement at bottom right where Stork cleaned up Bisu's army was basically game.
Meh
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 526
JuggernautJason33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 650
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 39
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever330
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2012
Other Games
summit1g5896
shahzam455
byalli402
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe140
UpATreeSC82
Chillindude28
Trikslyr26
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 51m
Stellar Fest
15h 51m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.