• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9334 users

Any underwater basket-weaving enthusiasts? - Page 11

Forum Index > Articles
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
July 21 2005 04:02 GMT
#201
On July 21 2005 12:53 LetMeBeWithYou wrote:
Ban


Yeah, I guess its time to ban you asshole.Cant find a thread where you dont want someone to be banned.fuck off
JoeUser
Profile Joined April 2004
United States684 Posts
July 21 2005 04:07 GMT
#202
Were Pacifist and Violence banned because of the basket-weaving thread? I thought perhaps it was just one guy having a conversation with himself about a made up sport on two accounts. But then I realized they had 1200+ posts combined... so... WHAT the hell is going on? Is this a joke? Why is everybody who talked about basket-weaving banned?
Quote
Never Post
Profile Joined July 2004
United Kingdom503 Posts
July 21 2005 04:09 GMT
#203
Maybe being an underwater basket-weaving enthusiast also makes you a prat that'll get banned sooner or later.
Note to self: [You have short term memory loss - you did post this]
mf.dink
Profile Joined July 2005
28 Posts
July 21 2005 04:11 GMT
#204
--- Nuked ---
Programmer
Profile Joined February 2004
Canada250 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 05:14:30
July 21 2005 05:07 GMT
#205
On November 29 2007 18:17 halflinggenius wrote:
whoa there. those college websites are pretty substantial evidence in my opinion.
also
there are also people out in the world who do not recognize the existence of starcraft. *shrug*

Underwater basket-weaving is a synonym for "Undecided" or "Really Easy" as a College or University major. Also a humorously generic answer to questions about a college degree. E.G.: "What kind of degree do I need to get this job?" "You can have a degree in Underwater left-handed basket weaving as long as you have your piece of paper."

This generic term for an undecided major first arose during the Vietnam war era to describe the sorts of majors that many young men, who would otherwise not have entered college, undertook to escape the draft.

Some kinds of basket-weaving are done with the canes submerged to preserve suppleness, and there are both right-handed and left-handed patterns. So underwater basket weaving does exist, but definitely not as a sport Those guys just took it out of proportion.
Programmer
Profile Joined February 2004
Canada250 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 05:15:19
July 21 2005 05:13 GMT
#206
The end.
Pyrefly
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada41 Posts
July 21 2005 06:26 GMT
#207
? What end?
i cant find my sockz
mf.dink
Profile Joined July 2005
28 Posts
July 21 2005 07:56 GMT
#208
--- Nuked ---
distant_voice
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Germany2521 Posts
July 21 2005 08:18 GMT
#209
On July 21 2005 14:07 Programmer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2007 18:17 halflinggenius wrote:
whoa there. those college websites are pretty substantial evidence in my opinion.
also
there are also people out in the world who do not recognize the existence of starcraft. *shrug*

Underwater basket-weaving is a synonym for "Undecided" or "Really Easy" as a College or University major. Also a humorously generic answer to questions about a college degree. E.G.: "What kind of degree do I need to get this job?" "You can have a degree in Underwater left-handed basket weaving as long as you have your piece of paper."

This generic term for an undecided major first arose during the Vietnam war era to describe the sorts of majors that many young men, who would otherwise not have entered college, undertook to escape the draft.

Some kinds of basket-weaving are done with the canes submerged to preserve suppleness, and there are both right-handed and left-handed patterns. So underwater basket weaving does exist, but definitely not as a sport Those guys just took it out of proportion.


you, my good man, should have a look at the wonderful baskets I wove yesterday...
This is my truth, tell me yours!
Midnight)Sun
Profile Joined January 2003
United States256 Posts
July 21 2005 08:42 GMT
#210
aw everyone got banned. this thread was awesome though
Catyoul *
Profile Joined April 2004
France2377 Posts
July 21 2005 09:10 GMT
#211
On July 21 2005 10:41 mf.dink wrote:
sup

Holy .... ! How could I have missed this thread ?!
Thanks so much
camooT
Profile Joined October 2004
United States1354 Posts
July 21 2005 10:27 GMT
#212
omfg ack, you played this thread out nice.
Programmer
Profile Joined February 2004
Canada250 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-21 10:31:10
July 21 2005 10:30 GMT
#213
On July 21 2005 15:26 Pyrefly wrote:
? What end?

If you read the thread from beginning to end you'd probably understand
mf.dink
Profile Joined July 2005
28 Posts
July 21 2005 10:43 GMT
#214
--- Nuked ---
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 21 2005 10:53 GMT
#215
On July 21 2005 19:27 camooT wrote:
omfg ack, you played this thread out nice.


What can I say man? I try, I try.
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
July 21 2005 11:30 GMT
#216
On July 21 2005 19:53 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2005 19:27 camooT wrote:
omfg ack, you played this thread out nice.


What can I say man? I try, I try.

And you do crazy pencil flipping tricks while you're at it! Amazing, simply amazing.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 21 2005 12:07 GMT
#217
=)
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
July 21 2005 12:28 GMT
#218
On July 21 2005 19:53 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2005 19:27 camooT wrote:
omfg ack, you played this thread out nice.


What can I say man? I try, I try.


They clowned you badly, though. You thought they were all serious about it, and shit, and they sucked you right in.

Granted, I was somewhat sucked in as well, but you took it to a whole new level, man.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 21 2005 13:05 GMT
#219
Lmao are you kidding me?

I don't think you read it too well. The whole time I ' KNEW ' it wasn't a real thing [ explaining why I asked for explanations and making fun of it all the time sarcastically ]

I think I put so much effort into it because it was during the school year and like I said in the thread I had latin hw or something lawl.
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
July 21 2005 13:25 GMT
#220
On July 21 2005 22:05 Ack1027 wrote:
Lmao are you kidding me?

I don't think you read it too well. The whole time I ' KNEW ' it wasn't a real thing [ explaining why I asked for explanations and making fun of it all the time sarcastically ]

I think I put so much effort into it because it was during the school year and like I said in the thread I had latin hw or something lawl.


I know you knew, but they pissed you off. They did an awesome job at it.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason97
Nathanias 79
ProTech25
Nina 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14751
Dewaltoss 107
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift296
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4926
Khaldor1537
Liquid`Hasu835
Other Games
summit1g6201
fl0m944
shahzam443
byalli325
FrodaN237
KnowMe175
C9.Mang0172
ArmadaUGS128
UpATreeSC80
Mew2King71
PPMD19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
Other Games
angryscii13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen219
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur209
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 13m
Stellar Fest
16h 13m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.