• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:42
CEST 01:42
KST 08:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)21Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10439 users

Newbie Mini Mafia L

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 23 2013 04:27 GMT
#16
/in

First time playing on TL forum so hopefully will be fun.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 00:29 GMT
#109
I agree with StorrZerg on the motion of lynching lurkers. Lurkers are as bad if not worse than a mafia player in my opinion since a talkative mafia can give away reads or slip up while lurkers give nothing of use to the town.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 01:15 GMT
#120
Or maybe Storr is trying to pressure Balla or see if someone decides to jump on it...

You seem very defensive of Balla, especially since nothing of importance has been given by anybody as of yet. I think pressuring people to talk is a good thing on the start of Day 1 since nobody is confirmed (apart from Obzy ofc).
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 01:29 GMT
#129
@cakemanofdoom
You seem to be throwing this blame off of you and onto onlywonderboy. He actually seems to be responding about the post and not to the "accusation" that Storr is putting on Balla. So your play of throwing off the defence of Balla (which you did defend from Storrz comment) and throwing it on onlywonderboy is very scummy to me.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 02:40 GMT
#137
@cakemanofdoom
All I'm saying is that onlywonderboy didn't really respond to StorrZ comment other than saying he doesn't agree. You on the other hand just talk about Storr trying to pressure Balla with no evidence (which is in my opinion is a justified play on page 1 of day 1). It just seems to me like you are trying to redirect off of Balla.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 02:46 GMT
#138
@Obzy
In my mind I play by thinking everybody is potential mafia at the start(except for me and you). Maybe defending was a wrong word to use, instead maybe redirecting would be better. If Balla and cakeman are mafia together, then it seems like cakeman is trying to redirect off of Balla by saying that there is no concrete evidence (like I have said many times before, there shouldnt be on page 1 of day 1). It just seems very scummy since the only way to get people to talk at the start of the day is to put a bit of pressure and he is trying to take it off Balla.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 02:56 GMT
#140
Yes I agree with your second point as well. I just gave 1 example that could be possible. Thinking about it now I should have used your reasoning since I agree with it more. But then again this is a newbie game, so it also could be a bad mafia play. I'm just trying to look at it from all sides possible.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 03:36 GMT
#150
I saw storr on the mafia game on the mafiadaily site so his short leave is reasonable. I just checked again and it seems like he is dead now so I expect him to post back in these forums sometime soon or if he is still focusing on that game then in an hour or two max.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 03:39 GMT
#151
At this point I have a large scum read on cakeman. I have put pressure on him and he immediately redirected and pointed a finger (not literally) at someone else. Other than that most of his posts go along the lines of "and what do you think?". He has asked people there opinion about something many times without actually giving anything of worth towards the town.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 05:17 GMT
#161
Exactly Balla, I was just about to post about Tehpoofter. I would like to hear from him, even if he thinks he has nothing to add, it would help town.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 05:55 GMT
#169
@Balla
Fair enough. I just like to hear quiet people talk.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 06:18 GMT
#172
@tehpoofter
Do you have any other reads (town or scum) other than cakeman?
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 06:32 GMT
#174
It's a pressure thing. Nothing really from it. If we had to vote in the next 5 minutes then that would probably be one of my "ok to lynch" people because of the reasoning storr gave.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 07:31 GMT
#180
I'm off to bed and should be back in about 8 hours. Hopefully all the lurkers start posting.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 15:40 GMT
#191
@Jonny
I think if you check my posts it will be very clear that I like putting pressure on people early. I saw what seemed to be a somewhat defensiveness come from cakeman so I pressured him. And I bring nothing to the table is kind probably the most idiotic statement you make, especially since I am the first one to start pressuring cakeman. There was no bandwagon since I was the first on him. You even posted that you thought cakeman is scummy. Your view of him may have changed but remember, once YOU were the bandwagoner, not me. I'm actually not sure how I'm indecisive since I think I pressured cakeman fairly decently.

I also don't know where you get this idea that I'm apologizing. I don't know where this is coming from since I'm trying to re-read my posts and find nothing apologetic about them.

I was actually going to post about thepoofter, refreshed, and saw Balla posted about him already. I didn't like how he brought nothing to the game at that point. He made a few posts and that didn't really have any value in them and then he went away. He came back tho but even his responses of how he thought his beginning posts were pro town seem silly and a stretch since all he talked about was his time zone and length of posts.

Along with thepoofter I would like to hear more from OWB (onlywonderboy). He has only made a few posts which he mentions to lynch lurkers, that everybody should be very active (pretty ironic), and about length of posts. None of this helps out town in my opinion.

I'm not liking nyxnyxnyx kinda jumping on two possible bandwagons and not really giving any genuine new points about any players and just kinda stealing the ideas others have presented and using them for himself.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 15:49 GMT
#192
@Balla
I am not exactly saying that I think you and cakeman are definitely scum together. I just used that as a possible example (which we discussed before). I don't know why you keep saying why I'm tunnel visioning when we already discussed this before and I agreed with your possible angle. It just seems to me like you don't like being possibly associated with a possible scum.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 15:58 GMT
#197
Well you don't have to approach the game from multiple angles. Like I have stated before, I come out of the gates with 1 possiblity and that is everyone can be scum (apart from confirmed) and based on whether they sway me or not they either grow more scummy or less scummy.

And pressuring cakeman is easier done coming from one angle and since I didn't like anything he said further I continued down that point. Why would I retreat and change my point of view when I thought my current pressure was doing decently well?
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 16:08 GMT
#201
Yes, I would hope so, but I am responding to Balla's post above and that is why I had to state that.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 17:08 GMT
#223
OWB you haven't really contributed much to town in your posts. There are also others however you are one of the people that (to me anyways) seems like your posting more about information about how the game should be played instead of playing the game. You have only 1 real post given about some of the reads you might have and that was only that you think nyx is quiet (which all of us know) and you kinda jump on the cake train. You even mention that "There's a difference between posting useful short posts and just spam" (sorry i dont know how to link to the post, I'm TL newbie) yet I haven't seen anything useful about your posts.
Vanesco
Profile Joined October 2013
United States105 Posts
October 30 2013 17:26 GMT
#234
WHAT??? I am only saying that I am new to TL and cannot post a link back to the post which I am mentioning for convenience sake. But I am not new to the game of mafia and to me it seems like your just grasping for anything that has just happened.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 67
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12571
Artosis 645
Rain 346
White-Ra 205
ToSsGirL 39
Dota 2
monkeys_forever497
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4304
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1862
Other Games
summit1g7979
Grubby2754
ArmadaUGS687
shahzam544
JimRising 536
Day[9].tv443
C9.Mang0305
ViBE137
Maynarde105
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• davetesta34
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra970
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 18m
OSC
13h 18m
Stellar Fest
13h 18m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.