• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:41
CEST 12:41
KST 19:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8304 users

WCS KR WR1 D4 Winners' Interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Eurytos
Profile Joined August 2010
Singapore97 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 15:11:22
August 09 2012 14:34 GMT
#1
Winners Interviews translated from :

+ Show Spoiler +
Genius - http://s.163.com/12/0809/19/88G6NG3C00314D0E.html
Leenock - http://s.163.com/12/0809/21/88GD5M8U00314D0E.html
RoRo - http://s.163.com/12/0809/20/88GAUI0D00314D0E.html


Leenock
+ Show Spoiler +

Q: How does it feel to qualify for the Ro16?
A: Recently I have been eliminated (early) from several different tournaments, so I wasn't feeling too well. Very happy that I can go through to the Ro16 and make myself happy for a little bit

Q: Your opponent was the powerful MC. After knowing who your opponent was in the first round how did you feel ?
A: I felt that the series would be very difficult. First round against the protoss president made me feel dissappointed about my own luck. Thinking of how my tournament draw luck used to be very bad, at least now comparatively it seems not bad.

Q: After winning the GSTL with FXO there was a week until the WCS Korea, how did you spend your time during this period?
A: I went back home to visit my parents, sometimes I would go back to the house to practice for a little.

Q: Gumiho got an all kill in the GSTL finals.
A: At that moment I was really happy. But on the way back to Seoul I felt a very dissappointed because it felt like I was only a tourist to Busan. (Laughs)

Q: In the second game, MC defended really well.
A: Playing against protosses that have good unit control it is very difficult to all in. It was lucky today I managed to gain advantage in the middle of the game only was I able to win the game. The protoss president is really the protoss president.

Q: In the third game your all in was very successful, showing your very good mind games.
A: To be honest I originally intended to use this strategy in the second game. During the game I was hesitating whether or not to use this strategy (in the third game) but after the coach told me before that I should play out the strategies I've planned I decided to use it. I'm glad that it worked perfectly.

Q: Your next opponent is RoRo.
A: Today the before my match I watched his match, he player really well. His playstyle is similar to the older play style of the zergs on our team, and surprised me alot. Also, it's a mirror matchup (ZvZ) and the competition is tomorrow, I'm very anxious.

Q: Now is a good time to focus all your attentions on WCS.
A: The only individual tournament I have right now is WCS. Although in between I'll be attending MLC, but WCS is a very big tournament. This is a global tournament so I'm very eager to get No.1 in WCS.

Q: There have been predictions about the creep tumour nerf comings soon.
A: Looks like zerg have been having a hard time winning based on this few games. Just as last time I mentioned before, Zerg will only be strong for a month. I knew it would happen.

Nestea told me before, now that we just had a chance to use 55(?) opening against other races, now we are nerfed again. We must persist not to be nerfed. In alot of tournaments protoss is at and advantage and terran has posted good results too. Seems like Blizzard doesn't really watch those big tournaments (Laughs). Hopefully the nerf doesnt really happen to the creep tumours.

Q: Any last words?
A: Thanks too all the team members that helped me practice and also the supporters that have been behind me. Finally I would like to thank our FXO sponsorazer and FXO and GomTV.


Genius
+ Show Spoiler +
Q: How does it feel to qualify for Ro16?
A: I felt that today's opponent was quite easy. Although I lost the first game, but qualifying for the next round still felt easy.

Q: This is your first broadcasted match after joining Slayers.
A: The team uniform is very cool (Laughs). I have not visited the team house yet so I'm not too sure about the conditions there. When I was in MVP I always admired the LG-IM teams' branded uniform, but Slayers is also not bad, so I'm satisfied.

Q: After joining a new team, now your attitude seems to have a change.
A: I'm still not too sure(Laughs)

Q: First game your Void Ray all in failed.
A: WCG preliminaries i played against Dreamertt before, realized he doesn't like to scout, so I specifically prepared some strategies against him. So I chose to void Ray all in him but it failed.

Q: In the second game you decided to play standard.
A: I guessed that terran will choose not to expand and do a timing attack. When I guessed it coming, he already was attacking. Athough seeing the opponents ghosts made me panic a little, luckily my opponent didn't evade my storms and I defended easily against him.

Q: The third game was 2 base 4 gate.
A: I planned to use this strategy. On ladder usually this strategy will be defended by the opponent 90%, but today the opponent was the 10%.

Q: WCS is a tournament organized by Blizzard. You were the first Blizzcon Starcraft 2 champion right (defeating Loner from China) right?
A: Everytime blizzard introduces me they always mention that I'm the first champion, to be honest I'm quite embarassed (Laughs). But I'm very eager to win the tournament this time. First of all, I want to win the qualifier this time so that I will be assured a direct seed to China.

Q: Your next opponent is Squirtle or BBBBoong(B4).
A: If squirtle wins then I guess I'll most likely fall to the loser's bracket. But losing to him and going to the loser's bracket is something I can accept as against him on ladder basically I've never won before.

(Unfortunately Squirtle won his match, so Genius is going to loser's bracket??)

Q: Do you hope that you will get to play against Kespa players this tournament?
A: WCG qualifiers I didn't had the chance to play against them and I was dissappointed. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play against them soon. If I had the chance to play against them, I will step over their bodies(literal translation) to qualify. I feel that till now I'm still alot better than them. This tournament I hope I have a chance to play against Reality.

Q: Any last words?
A: Thanks to all the people that help me practiced and thanks to all the sponsors.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 09 2012 14:34 GMT
#2
wow epic, thanks!!!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
August 09 2012 14:37 GMT
#3
Just a quick typo I noticed. Leenock is on FXO not startale. Might wanna correct that lest we start ugly rumors.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Eurytos
Profile Joined August 2010
Singapore97 Posts
August 09 2012 14:39 GMT
#4
On August 09 2012 23:37 Vindicare605 wrote:
Just a quick typo I noticed. Leenock is on FXO not startale. Might wanna correct that lest we start ugly rumors.


Oh thank you for spotting the error! More interviews coming right up!
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
August 09 2012 14:42 GMT
#5
i wouldt mind STLeenock :>
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
August 09 2012 14:44 GMT
#6
Nerfed again? Zerg hasn't had a nerf in a long time. Try being Terran Leenock :p
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 09 2012 22:19 GMT
#7
On August 09 2012 23:42 BlindKill wrote:
i wouldt mind STLeenock :>

i would >
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
a_flayer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands2826 Posts
August 09 2012 22:20 GMT
#8
Deja vu

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359293
When you came along so righteous with a new national hate, so convincing is the ardor of war and of men, it's harder to breathe than to believe you're a friend. The wars at home, the wars abroad, all soaked in blood and lies and fraud.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 09 2012 22:21 GMT
#9
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359293
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 09 2012 22:23 GMT
#10
this was posted before the other thread ;D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings32
CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2502
Bisu 932
Horang2 600
Jaedong 515
Hyuk 413
BeSt 394
actioN 256
firebathero 240
Light 208
Zeus 190
[ Show more ]
Stork 156
Leta 147
EffOrt 135
Soma 98
Sexy 89
ZerO 82
Last 75
Pusan 70
Killer 57
Mong 43
Soulkey 42
Mind 40
Rush 40
Shinee 37
soO 30
Aegong 30
ggaemo 26
ToSsGirL 24
hero 23
Bale 23
sorry 17
Terrorterran 17
PianO 17
Sharp 14
NaDa 12
Free 11
Yoon 11
HiyA 9
Noble 8
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Fuzer 86
League of Legends
Reynor27
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1405
shoxiejesuss768
x6flipin132
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King161
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1947
crisheroes348
Other Games
gofns33330
singsing1724
XBOCT285
DeMusliM193
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS84
QueenE50
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream280
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH301
• LUISG 45
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2038
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 20m
Stellar Fest
2h 20m
OSC
13h 20m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.