• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:27
CEST 22:27
KST 05:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8714 users

[Interviews] PDPop MSL Ro16 Day 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 21:25:07
January 15 2011 19:34 GMT
#1
Zero

[image loading]

You've advanced to the Ro8.
▲Originally, I thought that because this was a team-kill, even if I won, I would be unable to smile. But now, it feels like the team-kill situation didn't really matter, and I'm really happy (haha).

You lost game 2.
▲I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me, he'd definitely want to get an advantage in the early game. But I couldn't anticipate that he'd safely defend against my attack. [T/N I didn't watch the game, so this might be wrong]

In game 3, you two used the exact same build. What was the deciding factor of the game?
▲My micro, I guess. I think Soulkey was supply blocked, so that caused me to win.

You didn't actually make that bet to shave your hair? [T/N something from the Group Ceremony, I think]
▲To be honest, I didn't really want to. Since this was a team-kill match, we'd practiced with each other before, so the mental war and competition for momentum were much more weighty. So we provoked each other in the practice house. I didn't offer that bet because I was completely confident in my win; I thought Soulkey would turn it down for sure.

You eliminated a teammate, so you have the responsibility to perform better.
▲About that... if Soulkey had advanced, no matter who he faces he'd be in trouble. If I'm eliminated after finally reaching the Ro8 again, it wouldn't be so easy next time. So I have to work hard.

There are only Protoss and Zerg left in the Ro8.
▲There were already a lot of Protoss and Zerg in the Ro16. Since those Zerg in the Ro16 were very strong, it's no surprise there are a lot in the Ro8. There will be a lot of ZvZ.
By the way, everything I said earlier was a joke; I'm confident Soulkey will help me out [T/N Also, Snape kills Dumbledore]

Anything else?
▲I only called out Soulkey because we're close. He doesn't lose heart easily; he's not that type of person. I hope there aren't any unsatisfied fans, and that Soulkey doesn't feel down. I hope next season he performs much better.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2011-01-15/24044.html

More to come... I hope.



Kal

[image loading]


Thoughts on advancing to the Ro8?
▲Recently, my condition has been lacking, so I hope to use today's win as a turning point and recover quickly.

You and Stork seemed to have very similar strategies.
▲I was deeply impacted by that game. The opponent was very sneaky, so playing standard would be a disadvantage. So I chose to use sneaky play too. I've used this type of strategy before, so I'm familiar with the transition, and that helped me a lot [T/N not sure what he's talking about]

Your opponent in the Ro8 is the leading actor [T/N Great?]
▲I'm confident. I'm not too skilled with the maps yet, which worries me right now, but if I practice hard the outcome will be good.

Your team was all-killed in SWL.
▲I wish I could turn back time. There were so many chances to stop that all-kill, but I was anxious, which was a gift to Bisu. Bisu's been doing very well lately, so I must learn from him. I want to be a player who can make an all-kill as well. Bisu's done it twice, so even if he's been eliminated from the MSL it doesn't matter much. I think today, Bisu is the happiest of all.

You want to all-kill as well?
▲Yes. I hope an opportunity comes my way quickly, and I'll train for the moment so I can grab that opportunity.

Anything else?
▲I've gotten seeded so many times, but still I haven't performed well. I'll work hard to get good results, so I hope everyone continues to support me.

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2011-01-15/24043.html



On January 16 2011 05:28 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Calm
[image loading]
(Z)Calm!


Q: You've ensured yourself a seed into the next MSL.
A: I'm very satisfied to have achieved a seed by making it to the quarterfinals. Since there are no Terrans in the Ro8, I feel especially confident.

Q: After losing the first set there must have been a lot of pressure.
A: If I had won [in the OSL] yesterday, then there wouldn't have been any pressure on me today. Unfortunately I lost, so being able to advance in the MSL today was a stroke of good fortune.

Q: You showed bold play in the second set.
A: Even if I blocked the rush I wouldve lost, so I chose to base trade. The sunkens at the nat were perfect.

Q: The games were quite different from your series yesterday.
A: Yesterday I wasn't able to fully show what I had prepared. T1's Terrans all play with a similar style, so if I'd played the same way as yesterday I would've lost again. Because of this, I began preparing a different playstyle last night.

Q: The games last night were regrettable, how have you adjusted
A: I still haven't shaken the feeling of disappointment, and try to forget about those games, so that in the future I will show better games against Fantasy.

Q: Your opinion on being seen as a strategic player.
A: While preparing for matches, I wanted to play a style that other Zergs did not, and bring new things to the table. But if these new strategies don't work, I'm also capable of reverting to a standard game. I've always practiced so that the opponent wouldn't be able to tell what style I am playing. In the future, I want to be known for my raw skill as well, not just my strategical plays.

Q: Did you have thoughts of getting revenge on T1 terrans?
A: Although they weren't the same person, but I definitely didn't want to lose to another T1 Terran.

Q: Your thoughts on the Ro8
A: I have a lot of confidence in ZvZ and in ZvP. It doesn't matter who I play against, I'll definitely win. I have very good feelings about this Ro8.

Q: Last thoughts
A: The team's Terrans helped me practice a lot for yesterday's matches, so I'm very sorry that I lost. I also apologize to my fans. For today's matches, <somebody's name> wished me good luck, so I'm thankful to him.



Snow

[image loading]
(P)Snow


Q: You've advanced to the Ro8 for the first time.
A: My parents sent me text messages cheering me on, so I'm really happy to have advanced for the first time.

Q: It must have been uncomfortable performing a team kill.
A: Yes, it's impossible to smile the same way as if I'd beaten any other player.

Q: Your PvZ has often been seen as weak.
A: It's still far from perfect, but compared to when I was on my 6 loss streak I've improved a lot. I still have lots of work to do though.

Q: What was the deciding factor in today's game?
A: I knew if I blocked the attack, I could successfully counterattack, which turned the tables.

Q: Your quarterfinal opponent is Jaedong.
A: Not only do I have to practice as if my life depended on it, but luck also has to be firmly on my side. I wonder if everybody assumes I'll lose? Even though it's probable that I will, it's not a 100% chance, so I will still practice hard.

Q: With the concurrent Winner's League, time must be tight.
A: I'm very tired these days. After I get back to the dorms I'm going to rest immediately. In today's match against Flash I'd almost won, but due to nerves my hands stopped doing what they were supposed to, and I somehow my lost advantage. Still, my experience will definitely help me against Jaedong. I like playing against very good players. [t/n: lol irrelevant tangent?]

Q: Generic ending questions
A: I'll work hard to reach the semifinals and hope people cheer for me etc etc

Translator:3
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 15 2011 19:37 GMT
#2
Haha, awesome.

Thanks for translating!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 15 2011 19:38 GMT
#3
I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me

Wow zero so BM to his teammate O.O
Writer
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 15 2011 19:46 GMT
#4
Zero <3
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
January 15 2011 19:46 GMT
#5
On January 16 2011 04:38 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me

Wow zero so BM to his teammate O.O


read the whole interview


OT: vote zero and soulkey for cutest progamer couple!
1a2a3aPro
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada227 Posts
January 15 2011 19:47 GMT
#6
On January 16 2011 04:38 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me

Wow zero so BM to his teammate O.O


He mentions that what he said earlier was a joke, and that they were close. He's probably referring to this - just nagging/teasing a friend. Everyone does it. His parting comment shows his genuine feelings.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
January 15 2011 19:48 GMT
#7
On January 16 2011 04:47 1a2a3aPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2011 04:38 Kiante wrote:
I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me

Wow zero so BM to his teammate O.O


He mentions that what he said earlier was a joke, and that they were close. He's probably referring to this - just nagging/teasing a friend. Everyone does it. His parting comment shows his genuine feelings.

His tone is mildly sarcastic in the first few questions, kinda like "wow soulkey so chobo lolololol"
Translator:3
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
January 15 2011 19:54 GMT
#8
On January 16 2011 04:48 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2011 04:47 1a2a3aPro wrote:
On January 16 2011 04:38 Kiante wrote:
I knew that since Soulkey isn't as good as me

Wow zero so BM to his teammate O.O


He mentions that what he said earlier was a joke, and that they were close. He's probably referring to this - just nagging/teasing a friend. Everyone does it. His parting comment shows his genuine feelings.

His tone is mildly sarcastic in the first few questions, kinda like "wow soulkey so chobo lolololol"
Normal male banter, weird to see it in an interview but still normal male banter.

Too bad we didn't get to see a hive tech ZvZ between the two.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
xarthaz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1704 Posts
January 15 2011 19:55 GMT
#9
Zero and soulkey two of the most awesome zergs around, too bad soulkey had to leave his zvt late game is insane
Aah thats the stuff..
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 15 2011 19:57 GMT
#10
On January 16 2011 04:55 xarthaz wrote:
Zero and soulkey two of the most awesome zergs around, too bad soulkey had to leave his zvt late game is insane


There's no T to play against anyway
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 21:10:46
January 15 2011 20:28 GMT
#11
+ Show Spoiler [Calm] +

[image loading]
(Z)Calm!


Q: You've ensured yourself a seed into the next MSL.
A: I'm very satisfied to have achieved a seed by making it to the quarterfinals. Since there are no Terrans in the Ro8, I feel especially confident.

Q: After losing the first set there must have been a lot of pressure.
A: If I had won [in the OSL] yesterday, then there wouldn't have been any pressure on me today. Unfortunately I lost, so being able to advance in the MSL today was a stroke of good fortune.

Q: You showed bold play in the second set.
A: Even if I blocked the rush I wouldve lost, so I chose to base trade. The sunkens at the nat were perfect.

Q: The games were quite different from your series yesterday.
A: Yesterday I wasn't able to fully show what I had prepared. T1's Terrans all play with a similar style, so if I'd played the same way as yesterday I would've lost again. Because of this, I began preparing a different playstyle last night.

Q: The games last night were regrettable, how have you adjusted
A: I still haven't shaken the feeling of disappointment, and try to forget about those games, so that in the future I will show better games against Fantasy.

Q: Your opinion on being seen as a strategic player.
A: While preparing for matches, I wanted to play a style that other Zergs did not, and bring new things to the table. But if these new strategies don't work, I'm also capable of reverting to a standard game. I've always practiced so that the opponent wouldn't be able to tell what style I am playing. In the future, I want to be known for my raw skill as well, not just my strategical plays.

Q: Did you have thoughts of getting revenge on T1 terrans?
A: Although they weren't the same person, but I definitely didn't want to lose to another T1 Terran.

Q: Your thoughts on the Ro8
A: I have a lot of confidence in ZvZ and in ZvP. It doesn't matter who I play against, I'll definitely win. I have very good feelings about this Ro8.

Q: Last thoughts
A: The team's Terrans helped me practice a lot for yesterday's matches, so I'm very sorry that I lost. I also apologize to my fans. For today's matches, <somebody's name> wished me good luck, so I'm thankful to him.


+ Show Spoiler [Snow] +

[image loading]
(P)Snow


Q: You've advanced to the Ro8 for the first time.
A: My parents sent me text messages cheering me on, so I'm really happy to have advanced for the first time.

Q: It must have been uncomfortable performing a team kill.
A: Yes, it's impossible to smile the same way as if I'd beaten any other player.

Q: Your PvZ has often been seen as weak.
A: It's still far from perfect, but compared to when I was on my 6 loss streak I've improved a lot. I still have lots of work to do though.

Q: What was the deciding factor in today's game?
A: I knew if I blocked the attack, I could successfully counterattack, which turned the tables.

Q: Your quarterfinal opponent is Jaedong.
A: Not only do I have to practice as if my life depended on it, but luck also has to be firmly on my side. I wonder if everybody assumes I'll lose? Even though it's probable that I will, it's not a 100% chance, so I will still practice hard.

Q: With the concurrent Winner's League, time must be tight.
A: I'm very tired these days. After I get back to the dorms I'm going to rest immediately. In today's match against Flash I'd almost won, but due to nerves my hands stopped doing what they were supposed to, and I somehow my lost advantage. Still, my experience will definitely help me against Jaedong. I like playing against very good players. [t/n: lol irrelevant tangent?]

Q: Generic ending questions
A: I'll work hard to reach the semifinals and hope people cheer for me etc etc
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
January 15 2011 21:08 GMT
#12
Calm's answer says "Even if I blocked the rush I wouldve lost, so I chose to base trade. The sunkens at the nat were perfect."

The question to Snow days " what was the deciding factor in today's game."
TranslatorBaa!
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
January 15 2011 21:10 GMT
#13
Oops lol I totally forgot to finish that Calm answer

changed :3
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
January 15 2011 21:48 GMT
#14
Q: Your quarterfinal opponent is Jaedong.
A: Not only do I have to practice as if my life depended on it, but luck also has to be firmly on my side. I wonder if everybody assumes I'll lose? Even though it's probable that I will, it's not a 100% chance, so I will still practice hard.


poor snow... I wish him the best of luck
+ Show Spoiler +

wait - no I dont!! JAEDONG FIGHTING!!!
jaedong imba
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
January 15 2011 21:53 GMT
#15
Wow. that pictures of calm really looks like a girl. His lips are so red it looks like he has lipsticks on.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 15 2011 22:10 GMT
#16
On January 16 2011 06:53 MuffinDude wrote:
Wow. that pictures of calm really looks like a girl. His lips are so red it looks like he has lipsticks on.


looks so much like michael jackson @_@
Writer
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
January 15 2011 22:10 GMT
#17
<3 zero

soulkey T_T </3
Writer
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
January 15 2011 22:32 GMT
#18
lol wfbrood trying to take credit for des pics. Quick, some one put a pony watermark on there!
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
January 15 2011 23:39 GMT
#19
Thanks infinitestory and Kyuukyuu for the translations; I like how Kyuukyuu put "Generic ending questions" at the end, hahahah I should do that myself too in future interviews. XD Nice touch!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
January 16 2011 00:21 GMT
#20
Thanks for the translations! Mannnn I really hope snow can take down JD
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 106
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever172
Counter-Strike
edward87
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2193
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo610
Beastyqt602
shahzam396
byalli387
ToD199
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe146
TKL 112
Chillindude19
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV259
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 33m
Stellar Fest
16h 33m
Stellar Fest
16h 33m
Stellar Fest
16h 33m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.