• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8549 users

[Interview] MSL Ro32 Group F Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 12:57:30
December 30 2010 12:29 GMT
#1
[image loading]

(Z)HoGiL


- It's your first time in the round of 16.
▲ I dropped out without doing anything back when I first made it into the round of 32, so I'm really happy to have made it through this time. I still want to make it into the round of 8 though.

- You defended well in the first game.
▲ Midas hyung likes to bunker rush, so I practiced for it. Since the bunker rush was hard to hold off, I simply tried to defend and get into the late game - especially given that the map is good for the late game zerg. I won quite a bit in practice, but I was still surprised at how good the map was for hive tech zerg.

- You won easily in the winners match.
▲ I chose to go mutalisks at first, but realized I was at a severe disadvantage after seeing the double stargate from perfectman. But his buildings were built too close to the middle (??? Didn't watch games). I just tried to protect my overlords well and take back the advantage.

- You could face either Snow or Jaedong in the round of 16.
▲ Honestly, I'd much rather face Snow. That's not to say Snow is bad - it's just my zvz is awful, and Jaedong is really, really scary. Even after winning in the OSL, I'm still scared of Jaedong. If I met him again he will definitely tear me to pieces (laugh).

- It turns out you will face Snow.
▲ Since he plays protoss, I still have a chance. He had told me that since I beat Jaedong in the OSL, why not beat him in the MSL as well - though I guess there won't be a chance to play him now.

- You've been doing well lately, some people have been calling you a veteran zerg.
▲ I'm much more relaxed in televised games now. But I still have a long ways to go. I can play like I do during practice as long as I don't get nervous. As for the nickname, it doesn't matter what people call me - I'm just really happy to have one.

- Last words?
▲ We've been on break ever since the end of round 2 of SPL - I'd like to thank my teammates for practicing with me. I will definitely make it to the round of 8. Also, happy new years to everyone!

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-30/23649.html




[image loading]

(T)Midas


- It's your third consecutive time in the round of 16.
▲ There's nothing special about the round of 16. I have to advance to the round of 8 and claim a seed.

- You GGed really quickly in your match against Hogil.
▲ It's because there was no loser's match. I haven't had time to prepare much due to SPL. To face protoss in the winner's match would be too hard - so I just chose to play TvP in the final match instead.

- Were you affected by ForGG's retirement?
▲ If ForGG had been here today I wouldn't have advanced as #2 from the group. After a tough practice session yesterday, I decided I would advance from the final match.

- You messed up your scan in the last game.
▲ Since I was also busy repairing the bunker with my SCVs, I misclicked the scan onto the bunker too. That left me in a very bad situation if my opponent decided to make dark templars - which he did, so I thought I had lost. Luckily I held off the assault. Then my vultures saw that he had only a few dragoons - therefore he must have gone fast arbiters, so I pushed - though I didn't think the game would end right there. I only found out after the match that my push succeeded because of the expo at five o'clock. Maybe Perfectman just threw the game to avoid Jaedong (laugh).

- You will face Jaedong.
▲ Jaedong thumbed down circuit breaker - that's the map I needed to beat him... I'm rather disappointed. Zerg has been performing really well lately. Though, since Flash was eliminated recently, maybe Jaedong will too? (laugh) That's just my wish, honestly, Jaedong will be a really tough opponent.

- By the standards nowadays, you can be considered an old player.
▲ My stamina is still fine and my interest for the game is still there - it's just that defeats put a lot of pressure on me now. New players still think they could be learning something, but I don't feel the same way - only the desire to win some more. Though I really dislike practice, it's still very necessary.

- Give us some last words.
▲ I'm looking forward to facing Jaedong again. Though I might need to do some hellish practice now.. I'll to hold my breath and practice for say 20, 15 hours a day.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-30/23650.html
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 12:39:57
December 30 2010 12:39 GMT
#2
On December 30 2010 21:29 Carefree Me wrote:
- You could face either Snow or Jaedong in the round of 16.
▲ Honestly, I'd much rather face Snow. That's not to say Snow is bad - it's just my zvz is awful, and Jaedong is really, really scary. Even after winning in the OSL, I'm still scared of Jaedong. If I met him again he will definitely tear me to pieces (laugh).

- It turns out you will face Snow.
▲ Since he plays protoss, I still have a chance. He had told me that since I beat Jaedong in the OSL, why not beat him in the MSL as well - though I guess there won't be a chance to play him now.
Oh, you lucky son of a gun. Who knows what the Dong will do to you if you cross each others' paths again... ><;;

Thanks for the translation and congrats to Hogil and Midas for advancing! Jaedong's fangirls are growing angrier and angrier now, so Hogil should do everything he can to avoid them along with Jaedong himself, lol.
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
December 30 2010 12:50 GMT
#3
Hahaha, I think he's doing well trying to save himself from their stampede by repeatedly praising Jaedong in every interview.
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
December 30 2010 12:55 GMT
#4
On December 30 2010 21:50 Carefree Me wrote:
Hahaha, I think he's doing well trying to save himself from their stampede by repeatedly praising Jaedong in every interview.
Hahaha yeah, I actually thought, "God, what a suck-up," while reading the interview, lmfao. XDDD

And poor Midas, having to face off against JD... Although accusing Perfectman for throwing his game seems to be a little bold, even though he's just joking around, along with thinking that JD will get eliminated like Flash. He's gonna have to get crackin' in practice if he wants to be the one that eliminates the Dong!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
One Page Memory
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Bulgaria2145 Posts
December 30 2010 13:19 GMT
#5
Thanks Carefree Me
Are the progamers going genuine these days or is it just me?
Jin Youngsoo before game with Savior: But, I demanded myself (of composure) by saying: Same old, same old - only a Zerg, only a Zerg
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
December 30 2010 13:22 GMT
#6
Bahaha Midas.. is this why you slumped so hard before, because you hate practice?
Writerptrk
ci_esteban
Profile Joined April 2010
United States217 Posts
December 30 2010 14:03 GMT
#7
I love Midas' pic LOL. He's just been oozing personality lately and it's been very refreshing.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
December 30 2010 14:07 GMT
#8
Great interviews, thanks for translating
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
December 30 2010 15:02 GMT
#9
Midas! That has to be the best picture ever for a winners interview XD

I love how happy all the progammers are when they get a nickname, its so fun to see

Thanks for the translation!
@DreamingBird
Lexvink
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada310 Posts
December 30 2010 15:35 GMT
#10
Go Midas for adding variety to the pictures!
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
December 30 2010 15:57 GMT
#11
lol hogil is fucking hilarious.

Also midas looks pretty happy. Doubt he'll beat the dong though.

Thanks for trans!
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 16:04:21
December 30 2010 16:02 GMT
#12
Am I misremembering, or didn't Midas have to play JD last season too? Dude has the worst luck.

EDIT: And on a quick double-check - nope, EffOrt. But still.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51538 Posts
December 30 2010 16:04 GMT
#13
lol mid-air midas!!!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 30 2010 16:11 GMT
#14
On December 30 2010 21:29 Carefree Me wrote:
- You could face either Snow or Jaedong in the round of 16.
▲ Honestly, I'd much rather face Snow. That's not to say Snow is bad - it's just my zvz is awful, and Jaedong is really, really scary. Even after winning in the OSL, I'm still scared of Jaedong. If I met him again he will definitely tear me to pieces (laugh).

This man speaks the truth. You won't like the dong when he's angry.

I love the Midas pic :3
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 16:15:11
December 30 2010 16:15 GMT
#15
On December 31 2010 01:02 Musoeun wrote:
Am I misremembering, or didn't Midas have to play JD last season too? Dude has the worst luck.

EDIT: And on a quick double-check - nope, EffOrt. But still.

He had to play JD in the Hana Daetoo MSL 2 seasons ago. That series made me sad.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
December 30 2010 16:28 GMT
#16
Every time I think he couldn't get any cuter, he corrects me <3
boomer hands
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 30 2010 16:32 GMT
#17
Thanks for the interview! Happy hogil advanced but not thrilled about the teamkill
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
zenMaster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada761 Posts
December 30 2010 16:37 GMT
#18
Midas throws the game against Hogil, PerfectMan throws his game to avoid Jaedong.
Cheeseburgered
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States716 Posts
December 30 2010 20:15 GMT
#19
On December 31 2010 01:02 Musoeun wrote:
Am I misremembering, or didn't Midas have to play JD last season too? Dude has the worst luck.

EDIT: And on a quick double-check - nope, EffOrt. But still.


he always gets matched up with the best vT players to ever play the game
CJ Entusman #58 | Gogogo Stats
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
December 30 2010 20:20 GMT
#20
On December 31 2010 05:15 Cheeseburgered wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2010 01:02 Musoeun wrote:
Am I misremembering, or didn't Midas have to play JD last season too? Dude has the worst luck.

EDIT: And on a quick double-check - nope, EffOrt. But still.


he always gets matched up with the best vT players to ever play the game


It's all just karma for choosing savior back in the day.
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason16
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 119
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever227
Counter-Strike
edward185
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS105
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2234
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo635
Beastyqt602
shahzam409
byalli398
ToD199
C9.Mang0160
KnowMe154
TKL 102
Railgan15
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
Stellar Fest
16h 32m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.