• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:10
CEST 23:10
KST 06:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8488 users

[Interview] MSL Ro32 Group E Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 23 2010 14:14 GMT
#1
Calm

[image loading]


Thoughts on making the Ro16?
-I need to get at least seed status before being satisfied, so it’s too early to celebrate.

You beat Jaehoon twice to advance.
-In game one I thought he would play macro management, but his management wasn’t effective. In the last game the drop did a lot.

In the winner’s game the opponent made a comeback.
-I didn’t have a huge advantage. It was actually probably 50-50. I think I made a mistake in my micro and lost.

Your momentum’s returning recently.
-I need to win first, and now the fun of playing Starcraft is returning. Losing a lot robbed me of the fun, and it was hard to think of strategies. Right now winning is the most important thing.

Can it be said you’ve left your slump?
-Not yet. I need to be very good in SPL R3 before being able to say I’ve totally recovered.

You’re playing ssak in the Ro16.
-Ssak has had good momentum recently, and beat Flash in the individual league, and would play often in SPL. But to reclaim my momentum I must win.

Tomorrow’s OSL game will decide whether or not you do tiebreakers.
-I will be cheering for Hogil [laugh] But if I play tiebreakers it’d be fun too. It’s always fun to play with good players.

What are you doing on Christmas?
-There’s games on Christmas, we must win in SPL. Only after winning can we happily go on to other activities.[/b]

Last words?
-Thanks to hero and hyvaa for helping me practice, coach SoO, and Trap.

http://www.playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219427

Images and original Korean from fomos.kr

Will do other interview if/when it gets released ~_~
TranslatorBaa!
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
December 23 2010 14:16 GMT
#2
Why does it look like Calm is wearing lipstick? Sorry I just had to ask it.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
December 23 2010 14:40 GMT
#3
On December 23 2010 23:16 StarStruck wrote:
Why does it look like Calm is wearing lipstick? Sorry I just had to ask it.

hes the next lomo
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 14:55:07
December 23 2010 14:48 GMT
#4
(Z)Calm had pretty awesome ZvP today. Sad Jaehoon didn't make it with him, But I suppose it could not be helped.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
December 23 2010 14:57 GMT
#5
STX FIGHTING! Really wanted Calm to 2-0 this group but I'm okay with 2-1 since Hydra is on a roll nowadays.

And for those who didn't watch the series, you gotta check Jaehoon and Killer. NOW.
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
December 24 2010 09:08 GMT
#6
Still no hydra interview? :S
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
December 24 2010 09:20 GMT
#7
I'll take hydra. Cheep only does STX stuff
Translator:3
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
December 24 2010 09:20 GMT
#8
On December 23 2010 23:48 mustaju wrote:
(Z)Calm had pretty awesome ZvP today. Sad Jaehoon didn't make it with him, But I suppose it could not be helped.

He wouldn't have even made it to the final set if Killer hadn't dropped the ball and gg'd out of nowhere. Last set was good though, even if Jaehoon didn't really do anything. Calm did enough for the both of them
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
December 24 2010 09:34 GMT
#9
Cheep I'm surprised you took so long to do it. I was like, halfway done and then I realized you wanted it.
So I stopped.

You cutiepie.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
December 24 2010 09:45 GMT
#10
Hydra

[image loading]

Thoughts on reaching the Ro16?
▲I'm ecstatic to advance out of all these strong players. I'll work hard to do even better.

Was your OSL loss to Modesty very regrettable?
▲I didn't care so much about my win streak in the first place, but the more people ask me the more I feel it was regrettable.

How did you practice?
▲I've had a game three days in a row now, and yesterday there were the eSports Awards, so I haven't had sufficient time to practice. I wanted to just use early game tactics, but I didn't actually play that many games in practice, so today even I thought I didn't play spectacularly.

Did you not warm up properly?
▲It's true that I had trouble keeping up with my micro in my game against Killer. It was painfully obvious that I hadn't practiced enough.

I've heard that you've actually extended your practice time, though.
▲How long I practice is very important, but the most important factor is efficiency. Recently, I've been working on improving my practice efficiency, and that's allowed me to achieve better results.

Your Ro16 opponent will be Classic.
▲I played him in SPL just a couple days ago, so if I just prepare well I'll have no trouble breaking out of the Ro16.

Is your OSL elimination very regrettable?
▲Even though it was regrettable, but I wish Fantasy the best as he advances. Next time if I play well it'll be fine. After I lost that game, I immediately erased it from memory.

You also didn't pick up the Best Rookie award at the eSports Awards.
▲I've only started performing well at the end of this year, and before that Snow certainly played better than me. Congrats to Snow!

Anything else?
▲Thanks to the teammates who helped me practice. The schedule has been tight, so we're all very tired during practice. It's shown me how much the LeeSsang are going through, performing so well under such a stressful schedule. They're really exceptional. I'm going to work very hard to become a player who can do that well too.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-12-23/23476.html
Translator:3
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
December 24 2010 10:22 GMT
#11
Thank you infinitestory!
Can hydra win the best rookie award next year?
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 24 2010 10:36 GMT
#12
I was gonna do Hydra and then I never saw it.

I went and checked and realized it was posted and I just missed it cause I'm blind /o\
TranslatorBaa!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 526
JuggernautJason33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 650
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 39
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever330
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2012
Other Games
summit1g5896
shahzam455
byalli402
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe140
UpATreeSC82
Chillindude28
Trikslyr26
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 51m
Stellar Fest
15h 51m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.