• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

NASL Week 7 Day 3 - Page 44

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 Next All
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
May 28 2011 03:59 GMT
#861
On May 28 2011 12:54 SKtheAnathema wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 12:50 dabom88 wrote:
I don't hate Gretorp, I just think he's terrible for the NASL. I never going to buy a ticket as long as I keep hearing him on the stream and vods.


same here. i thought i was being too anal about gretorp's casting at first, but it seems like a lot of people feel the same way. he is the sole reason i haven't paid for a ticket :\

only reason he's umutable now is because mrbitters has been casting with him.


He's grown on me and I rather like his casting, I think him and inControl make a really good pair.

I think Mr. Bitters is great too.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
May 28 2011 04:04 GMT
#862
On May 28 2011 12:43 dormer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 12:36 DivinO wrote:
On May 28 2011 12:35 IPA wrote:
On May 28 2011 12:33 mistgun_EU wrote:
On May 28 2011 12:32 julianto wrote:
On May 28 2011 12:30 Hollis wrote:
One thing I will say about Gretorp is, even though I'm sure he's aware of all the criticism leveled against him, some of it constructive and some of it not so constructive, he still keeps trucking. Good for him.

But he's still bad and he still should be replaced, IMO.

Sorry I just don't see what's so bad about him.


same, the haters just bash him with no explaination.


His constant mispronunciation of words; his unfunny jokes; his repetitious vocabulary; etc.

I love NASL and I want it to be the best it can be. It isn't the best it can be with Gretorp at the helm. He tries hard but his lack of vocab + malapropisms makes for a painful, painful listening experience.


He's analytical. He has great knowledge of the game. He's a great straight man to iNcontroL's funny man. He does a better job than a lot of other casters can. Him and iNcontroL together are funnier and a better casting team than anyone but Tastosis in my opinion, and even that can be argued.


Of course it can be argued, opinions about casters are, well, opinions... There generally isn't any objective way of "proving" or showing that a particular caster is good, most of it comes down to personal preference. Personally, I can't stand listening to Incontrol; Gretorp's analysis seems okay, but his English is a little weird -- still, I've enjoyed him with TB and Mr. Bitter. But that's just my opinion -- it doesn't mean anything. People posting in LR threads don't prove anything either. 15,000 people were watching the NASL -- a dozen people on TL saying "Gretorp rules" or "Gretorp sucks" doesn't show anything about the overall opinion of the audience.

Sorry if this sounds aggressive or anything, it's not particularly directed at you, but at the whole "Caster A sucks / No he's awesome" type of debate that's been happening alot recently. Just saying I don't see the point in debating something that comes down to personal preference.


No no you're cool. Like I really understand where you're coming from. He's not the best caster, but I enjoy his casting.

Stay boss.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
May 28 2011 04:10 GMT
#863
Hey guys -- the match vs Haypro was not aired because he was bedridden with a fever. It will be broadcast along with next week's match for Division 3.

I apologize for us not making an announcement of it in today's show, it won't happen again. Thanks all for your patience and understanding, hope you enjoyed the games today!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
May 28 2011 04:15 GMT
#864
On May 28 2011 12:59 Mordiford wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 12:54 SKtheAnathema wrote:
On May 28 2011 12:50 dabom88 wrote:
I don't hate Gretorp, I just think he's terrible for the NASL. I never going to buy a ticket as long as I keep hearing him on the stream and vods.


same here. i thought i was being too anal about gretorp's casting at first, but it seems like a lot of people feel the same way. he is the sole reason i haven't paid for a ticket :\

only reason he's umutable now is because mrbitters has been casting with him.


He's grown on me and I rather like his casting, I think him and inControl make a really good pair.

I think Mr. Bitters is great too.


I'm really surprised how good mr bitter is, especially with the analytical side of casting. All of those 12 weeks episodes must have helped him a lot in that regard
Dodge arrows
Kinch
Profile Joined August 2010
United States258 Posts
May 28 2011 04:23 GMT
#865
Thumbs up to Mr. Bitter. He's better here than he is on his 12 Weeks stuff, imo.
Fleebenworth
Profile Joined April 2011
463 Posts
May 28 2011 04:23 GMT
#866
Gretorp is great! His vocal quirks can be annoying at times but he adds a layer of emotional analysis and reaction that not everyone has. Incontrol for instance, always sounds as if he's putting on his nasl character to do the show. Everyone can agree that Mr. Bitter was great.
VillageBC
Profile Joined January 2011
322 Posts
May 28 2011 04:26 GMT
#867
Man, everyone is just brutal to casters. There are definitely casters I prefer over others, but so far none have been so bad to keep me from paying for NASL or GSL.
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
May 28 2011 04:35 GMT
#868
On May 28 2011 13:26 VillageBC wrote:
Man, everyone is just brutal to casters. There are definitely casters I prefer over others, but so far none have been so bad to keep me from paying for NASL or GSL.


I don't think people are really brutal, I think that yes, they do have some expectations and voice their complaints and criticisms but there's really nothing wrong with that... There are very few casters that would straight up keep me from buying a ticket, I can really only think of one or two.

They're also incredibly supportive when a caster comes on and is genuinely good, people aren't just trying to be dicks...

I mean, look at all the support and praise for Mr. Bitter, though I think there's a tinge of skew in his commentary, it's certainly not a deal breaker and his commentary and analysis is thoroughly enjoyable.
elementz
Profile Joined October 2010
United States281 Posts
May 28 2011 04:38 GMT
#869
Today's group is very interesting, nada needs a couple of 2-0 wins to take over strelock/squirtle...here is me wishing he will win 2-0 in his next games, and man the other groups are very very interesting.
this mah s#$%$
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
May 28 2011 04:58 GMT
#870
Poor Haypro. Hope he is okay.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
May 28 2011 05:06 GMT
#871
On May 28 2011 13:10 Xeris wrote:
Hey guys -- the match vs Haypro was not aired because he was bedridden with a fever. It will be broadcast along with next week's match for Division 3.

I apologize for us not making an announcement of it in today's show, it won't happen again. Thanks all for your patience and understanding, hope you enjoyed the games today!


Thanks for letting us know, if a bit late :-p Glad that they'll still play the match, though.
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
May 28 2011 09:37 GMT
#872
Has anyone looked at the NASL standings lately? The current top 15 are absolutely sick. I know there are still playoffs and the qualifier, but the LAN finals are going to be incredible.
Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
May 28 2011 16:16 GMT
#873
Mr Bitter you handsome, handsome fellow! Pleasantly surprised when I tuned in today.
R3N
Profile Joined March 2011
740 Posts
May 28 2011 16:55 GMT
#874
Mr.B is awesome. Gretorp isn't good enough for him. Need DJwheat/Day9 or something.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
May 28 2011 16:57 GMT
#875
WTF is the problem with Gretorp like...I genuinely don't get it at all.

Never watched Mr Bitter's stream, seems like a pretty cool guy!
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
May 28 2011 17:18 GMT
#876
NaDa's really good. Not sure what else I can say.
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
breakingties
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom72 Posts
May 28 2011 17:21 GMT
#877
"2 rax op" shut the hell up thx. dont want to hear zerg cries on commentated matches as well as my ladder games
fhlg
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
May 28 2011 17:27 GMT
#878
On May 29 2011 02:21 breakingties wrote:
"2 rax op" shut the hell up thx. dont want to hear zerg cries on commentated matches as well as my ladder games

he was joking I'm a terran and didn't felt offended at all, in fact that made me laugh xD
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
May 28 2011 17:33 GMT
#879
A lot of zergs upgrade only attack vs terran, not only for lings but for mutas, I don't understand. Mutaling are a lot more durable with carapace upgrades, and as soon has terran has attack upgrade advantage over armor upgrade, the zerg army just melt. But when the zerg has armor advantage over attack, the battles are looking totally different. Mutalisks with critical mass just one shot anything anyway, not that muta atk upgrades are pointless but way less useful than armor vs marines compositions.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
May 28 2011 17:38 GMT
#880
Slush v. Nada is a great match it seems. I'm watching the game on Typhon's and it's just very exciting.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE143
PiGStarcraft130
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 583
Artosis 547
Rain 537
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever636
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox226
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5504
Other Games
summit1g7936
shahzam590
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0260
ArmadaUGS81
Maynarde62
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen175
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
16m
PiGStarcraft177
Kung Fu Cup
11h 16m
Stellar Fest
13h 16m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.