• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7666 users

TSL4 Winner Interview

Forum Index > TSL4 Forum
85 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All

TSL4 Winner Interview

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
September 8th, 2012 22:13 GMT
  • CreatorPrime
  • TSL Website
  • Liquipedia


Interview with CreatorPrime




You just won TSL4. How do you feel?


I'm really happy that I won. I never thought I would win when I started, and I'm crazy happy now that I have!


Your opponent was Life, an infamous player in online play. Did you expect a tough series?


Yes, I consider Life to be an extremely good player. I practiced very hard for this match, and I think I was rewaded for it!


Who helped you practice for this match? Any words for them?


RagnaroK from TSL helped me out. Also, three anonymous gamers helped me out as well, but I can't say who they are~.


You played a very long game on the first map. Do you feel okay about playing super-late game PvZ? Did you ever feel that you were on a timer and had to win quickly?


I think it's about half and half, and the better player wins. It's a bit tricky to play Zergs who turtle with brood lords, and I think Zerg is a little bit better when it goes very late.

In a few sets I did feel pressured to end the game fast. However, I prepared mostly for long games, so besides a couple of games, I think I played my games safely and patiently.


Life exploited your cannon timings to run lings into your base early in a few of the games. Did that affect you a lot?


Yes, it had a huge affect. It took me off balance mentally, and it made me really nervous. I didn't expect him to come with lings that early, and it made me get off to some disadvantageous starts.


Life went for some big attacks on lair tech in a few of the games. Did you expect that kind of play from him?


Yes, I did have it in mind to some degree.


Did Life play the way you expected for the most part?


Hmmm, no it was was very different. He just has such a free-form style, you never know what he's going to do. So his play differed a lot from my expectations.


You only all-ined once, on Metropolis. Was there a particular reason for this?


No particular reason. I just wanted to take at least one game with an all-in.


You used a lot of Stargate play, why was that?


Life enjoys all-in play, so I came with strategies that let me play safely, check what he was doing and react to it accordingly.


What do you think went wrong in the two games you lost?


I think I got messed up by his style. The way he went for pokes and defended was good, it messed me up a lot.


Did you have something prepared for game seven if it went that far?


Honestly I didn't have anything prepared for it. I practiced focusing almost entirely on the first four sets, with a plan to win 4 – 0. In the games after that, I freestyled it.


This is your second big payday after WCS. Any plans on how to spend it?


It's a happy dilemma. I'll give some to my parents and grandparents, and the rest I plan to save.


Many Protoss players are doing well lately. What do you think of your position among them?


I'm very behind in terms of career accomplishments, but in terms of skill, I don't think I'm lacking at all. I think I'm maybe in the top five.


This is off topic, but since the timing happened to work out this way... What do you think of the HOTS beta?


Ah, lol. I don't really have much interest in it right now, though my teammates seem interested.


Anything you want from the expansion?


Hmm... Personally I want to keep playing Wings of Liberty T_T. When HOTS comes out, I'll just have to learn it because there's no other option.


Why's that? The learning curve is too steep?


I think that I'm good at WOL right now. Of course, it could be that I end up being good at HOTS as well. But I'm a little bit afraid I won't get results there, though I'm still confident.


Any final comments?


I'm very happy that I won TSL4. I hope I can get more opportunities like this in the future. Thank you everyone




Sponsors:
sponsor
TwitchTV is the world’s largest video game entertainment and chat community. TwitchTV features the top gaming personalities, players, tournaments and commentary, in addition to the most active and interesting discussions around video games. TwitchTV provides publishers and advertisers a platform to create long term engagement and commitment from gamers.

Learn more at www.twitch.tv
sponsor
Razer has been a pioneering supporter of e-Sports since its conception. It is in our blood and we are driven to further the culture of professional gaming in all that we do. We work hand in hand with our pros to forge weaponry for the players who stake their livelihood on podium placements. Our gear is designed to perform flawlessly in high-stress tournament conditions where winning is everything and mistakes cost championships. Those who compete with our equipment will attest – We live by our words: For Gamers. By Gamers.

For more information, please visit www.razerzone.com



Art by:

sponsor


Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
September 08 2012 22:15 GMT
#2
I wonder if those 3 anonymous players helping him train were part of the KeSPA teams... Congratz Creator!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2012 22:18 GMT
#3
Congratulations to Creator :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
September 08 2012 22:19 GMT
#4
On September 09 2012 07:15 Cokefreak wrote:
I wonder if those 3 anonymous players helping him train were part of the KeSPA teams... Congratz Creator!


Would be interesting if they were ST players lol ;D

GG Creator
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
IRONicMAN
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany24 Posts
September 08 2012 22:22 GMT
#5
Congratz to Life and Creator for showing us some great games! Great TSL season.
I hope some foreigner can make into the top 4 next time
Your Mama is so fat, she can step on forcefields!
MugenXBanksy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States479 Posts
September 08 2012 22:27 GMT
#6
woot woot
we all hope to be like whitera one day
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 08 2012 22:27 GMT
#7
Creator so modest. Anyway, I wonder who the three anonymous players are - I bet they're Startale players because that would be great drama, haha.
AdministratorBreak the chains
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
September 08 2012 22:30 GMT
#8
the only thing i have against korean players is their interviews are so boring cookie cutter and generic. need moar MC and seed style interviews
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
September 08 2012 22:31 GMT
#9
Not very much hype on the forums for TSL..either way, the games were great and I got to drink some Zerg tears!
Long live the Boss Toss!
gLFu_Ayr
Profile Joined December 2011
United States23 Posts
September 08 2012 22:33 GMT
#10
On September 09 2012 07:30 fishjie wrote:
the only thing i have against korean players is their interviews are so boring cookie cutter and generic. need moar MC and seed style interviews

Completely agree. Creator's answer to the question about HotS is just sad. Then again, toss doesn't seem to have much to look forward to in terms of new units...
Bippzy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1466 Posts
September 08 2012 22:33 GMT
#11
Yeah Yeah creatorprime. He seems to be smart like seed, though he has strokes of mana/parting in the sense that he's really good at pvt
LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK LEENOCK
SecondSandwich
Profile Joined July 2008
United States319 Posts
September 08 2012 22:36 GMT
#12
Congrats! Well done
"Whatever [flash] says is the best, is the best" -Artosis i!i!i!i!i!Find Match!i!i!i!i!!i
CabinEssence
Profile Joined September 2012
35 Posts
September 08 2012 22:38 GMT
#13
Wowowow guys. Spoilers? >.<
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
September 08 2012 22:42 GMT
#14
On September 09 2012 07:19 Megaliskuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2012 07:15 Cokefreak wrote:
I wonder if those 3 anonymous players helping him train were part of the KeSPA teams... Congratz Creator!


Would be interesting if they were ST players lol ;D

GG Creator


Yeah I thought Curious! right away lol... though it's unlikely.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
September 08 2012 22:43 GMT
#15
Why do some Koreans give such short answers, not very interesting interview but congrats.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
September 08 2012 22:43 GMT
#16
On September 09 2012 07:38 CabinEssence wrote:
Wowowow guys. Spoilers? >.<


Did you just clicked a post named "Winner's interview" and complain about for spoilers?
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
speakerbox
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada453 Posts
September 08 2012 22:44 GMT
#17
Another good tsl. Might not have had the same flair as previous tourneys, but a success nonetheless.. good job TL
twin anchors houseboats
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
September 08 2012 22:44 GMT
#18
What he really meant was that he is afraid of the warhound for HoTS lol
FoTG fighting!
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
September 08 2012 22:44 GMT
#19
COngratz creator! You are very good player!
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 08 2012 22:45 GMT
#20
Don't worry Creator if you are good at WoL then your skill won't suddenly dissappear in HotS. -_-"
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 887
firebathero 869
actioN 372
Leta 107
Dewaltoss 92
Killer 55
soO 46
Bale 24
Aegong 22
Hm[arnc] 21
[ Show more ]
Sharp 14
Dota 2
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
JimRising 474
Counter-Strike
byalli490
shoxiejesuss468
kRYSTAL_5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor920
Other Games
summit1g9704
singsing1082
olofmeister980
ceh9573
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS43
trigger13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2338
League of Legends
• Rush1223
• Stunt433
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 32m
OSC
13h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.