• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:35
CEST 10:35
KST 17:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8326 users

[TSL4] Semifinal Winner Interviews

Forum Index > TSL4 Forum
21 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All

[TSL4] Semifinal Winner Interviews

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
September 1st, 2012 21:20 GMT
  • ST_Life
  • CreatorPrime
  • Liquipedia
  • Website



Interview with ST_Life




How do you feel about reaching the finals?


I feel happy that my practice paid off.


You said in your Ro8 interviews that Keen was strong player, but you ended up winning fairly easily. Was that surprising?


Yes, I was surprised to win more easily than I expected. The games played out kind of weird.


Did you know him well from ladder play or other tournaments?


I only knew that he likes to go banshees.


Keen was already famous for not being afraid of cheesing in important games. Was that on your mind? Did you expect him to proxy barracks?


Honestly I didn't really expect it. I prepared mostly for management style games, so I was kind of surprised.


You stopped the cheese easily on Daybreak, but the game went south for you on Ohana when you counter-attacked. Why did you go for the counter?


Ah, I messed up my micro on Ohana so I only had three drones left, so it was a situation where I couldn't win if I didn't try to counter attack.


On Cloud Kingdom, you finished off your meching opponent with muta-ling. Were you intentionally trying to hit him at his weak timing during the transition?


Usually, when players go hellion-banshee, they play very greedy behind it, and it's very difficult to stop the muta-ling attack. So my plan was always to keep pumping lings and reinforcing to end the game then and there.


Do you feel that that mech has become more popular after IEM [where Mvp used it to great effect]?


No, I haven't seen much mech. I think it's similar to before.


In the final game, Keen went blue flame hellions, but you beat him straight up with roach-banes at lair. Is that your usual counter to blue flame hellions, or was it improvised?


Yes, it's a counter build that I always knew about, so I decided to use it to end the game.


WCS Korea has been Protoss heaven. How's Zerg going?


Protoss is so good it's tough lately, Zerg and Terran are about the same.


Your opponent in the finals is Creator. How do you feel about facing him?


He's solid, and extremely good. I'm not sure I can beat him in the finals. So I plan to face him with a calm state of mind.


Any final comments?


Thank you to my Startale teammates for helping me practice! And thanks to all my fans who cheer for me!


Interview with CreatorPrime




You're in the finals! How do you feel?


I didn't know what would happen when I first started, but now that I'm in the finals I just feel great and happy to be here.


Your win streak was finally broken in the semis. How did you feel when you took your first loss?


When I up 3 - 0, I thought to myself that maybe I could actually win the whole thing undefeated, so I was a bit sad to lose the game. But it's just a few losses in a multi-game series, so I'm not going to think much of it going forward.


Like Hack, Sting also used some unorthodox plays to try to catch you off guard. Do most Terrans you face fear facing you in straight up games?


I'm not certain, but there do seem to be some Terran players who think there's absolutely no chance to beat Protoss in the late game, so some play that way. But Terran players who are good at the late game are really good.


Quite a few players - including some of your recent opponents like Hack, Sting, and SuperNoVa - like throwing in siege tanks into their early-mid game TvP compositions. What's the reason for this kind of play, and is it harder to face?


It's very tough. In particular, SuperNoVa's style is really unique to him, and it's the hardest kind to face.


You're usually really good at defending harassment and have very fast reaction times. Even so, you lost to Sting's 1/1/1 on Ohana. What do you think went wrong?


Hmm, I thought that if I fought him at that time, I come out on top, but I just got swept over suddenly when I decided to keep fighting uphill. Oh, and I was pissed that my computer disced me at that time. I didn't get to GG, so I hope people understand!


You've said you feel more confident in PvZ than other match-ups these days. How do you feel about facing Life in the finals?


I did feel good about PvZ for a while, but recently I think it's back to half and half. I'm confident, but I think Life is a top Zerg player, so I'll prepare hard to beat him.


Life is known to be very unpredictable in the ZvP match-up. Does that worry you going in?


I think unorthodox strategies from Zerg are actually an opportunity for Protoss in the match-up. I do feel that if he plays it straight up, it could be tough. I think I can adjust if he uses anything tricky, and the games should go okay for me if that happens.


You have a direct spot into the WCS World Finals as the winner of WCS Korea. Any international players catch your eye? Do you think Korea can sweep gold, silver, and bronze?


Yes, I've done a bit of research on my future opponents. I don't think Korea can sweep.... but it's possible if we try hard!


Any final comments?


Yup, I'll do everything I can to become the TSL4 champion!!!!!






Sponsors:
sponsor
TwitchTV is the world’s largest video game entertainment and chat community. TwitchTV features the top gaming personalities, players, tournaments and commentary, in addition to the most active and interesting discussions around video games. TwitchTV provides publishers and advertisers a platform to create long term engagement and commitment from gamers.

Learn more at www.twitch.tv
sponsor
Razer has been a pioneering supporter of e-Sports since its conception. It is in our blood and we are driven to further the culture of professional gaming in all that we do. We work hand in hand with our pros to forge weaponry for the players who stake their livelihood on podium placements. Our gear is designed to perform flawlessly in high-stress tournament conditions where winning is everything and mistakes cost championships. Those who compete with our equipment will attest – We live by our words: For Gamers. By Gamers.

For more information, please visit www.razerzone.com



Art by:

sponsor


Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
September 01 2012 21:25 GMT
#2
yay creator!
glad for slightly more talkative interviews haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
WCH
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada239 Posts
September 01 2012 21:29 GMT
#3
Really love life's play
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
September 01 2012 21:32 GMT
#4
Proud of Creator
Refer to my post.
Paragleiber
Profile Joined June 2009
413 Posts
September 01 2012 21:34 GMT
#5
Isn't the final live in New York again? I am surprised you didn't ask them how they feel about going there, especially since I believe it is the first time there for both.
http://www.twitter.com/Paragleiber
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 01 2012 21:35 GMT
#6
Creator to take it all!!!
Life: Protoss is so good it's tough lately, Zerg and Terran are about the same.

You can tell he is zerg, lol.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
September 01 2012 21:45 GMT
#7
Creator should take it all and then he will probably win GSL Code S this season.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 01 2012 21:46 GMT
#8
On September 02 2012 06:45 Kluey wrote:
Creator should take it all and then he will probably win GSL Code S this season.

Sorry to break it to you, but that is impossible this season, he didn't make it out of his up&down group.
Get off my lawn, young punks
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
September 01 2012 22:45 GMT
#9
This is looking like a good finals. I'm pretty sure Creator will win it. Life will put up a fight though.
mmMacks
Profile Joined July 2011
United States38 Posts
September 01 2012 23:14 GMT
#10
I was thinking that it is unlike creator to not gg. Glad to see that it was a disconnect and not a lack of respect.

I would love to see Liquid pick up Sting because I hope Taeja can have a Terran buddy, because he seems very good mannered, and because I thought he showed interesting play with some (what appeared to be) prepared builds--I love seeing players bring prepared builds to a nice, long series. Lot's of respect to Creator for dealing with them so well. That reaction on Cloud Kingdom was, I thought, very impressive.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
September 01 2012 23:51 GMT
#11
Both excellent players. Should be a great finals.
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
September 02 2012 03:13 GMT
#12
cool for creator, but I wouldve prefered to see Keen, Life is like completely unknown to me...
All i know is that hes good online...
Aserrin
Profile Joined October 2011
Uruguay231 Posts
September 02 2012 03:17 GMT
#13
Keen lost

PvZ finals

X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
September 02 2012 03:19 GMT
#14
YAYAYAYAYAY OH YEAH both players i wanted to win did!!!
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
September 02 2012 05:22 GMT
#15
Life has gotten really strong lately and I love that he will play non-standard builds to keep people off balance. Should be a great finals.
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
September 02 2012 06:10 GMT
#16
On September 02 2012 12:13 GoSuChicken wrote:
cool for creator, but I wouldve prefered to see Keen, Life is like completely unknown to me...
All i know is that hes good online...


He's also in Code S now, while KeeN's in Code A

CREATOR FOR CHAMPION.
Lovedoll
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan540 Posts
September 02 2012 07:02 GMT
#17
I said even before TSL4 began, Life was my pick to make it to the finals. Going against Creator is going to be tough but I'm going to stick with my first pick since the beginning!
Spread your eggs until they crack!
Delamain
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia7 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-02 07:16:33
September 02 2012 07:15 GMT
#18
Good work hope they have good games
1 more game ye?
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
September 02 2012 11:22 GMT
#19
Go Life! There are so many puns and possible cheerfuls for you. I'll need to make some more before the finals.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
September 02 2012 18:58 GMT
#20
hah.. nice interviews.. pissed that he couldn't gg.. I like that.

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1002
Hyuk 872
Leta 96
Dewaltoss 86
Killer 55
soO 52
Aegong 26
Bale 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Sharp 21
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Fuzer 121
League of Legends
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
byalli558
shoxiejesuss477
kRYSTAL_8
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor907
Other Games
summit1g9704
singsing1124
olofmeister1023
ceh9596
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS55
trigger11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2341
League of Legends
• Rush1294
• Stunt490
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 26m
OSC
13h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.