• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:39
CEST 01:39
KST 08:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8719 users

Cool Things From 2019: INnoVation wins WESG - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
37 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Solio
Profile Joined June 2016
France145 Posts
December 27 2019 17:33 GMT
#21
On December 26 2019 17:43 tigon_ridge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2019 16:20 fgonzo wrote:
To put it honestly, Innovation embarrassed the shit out of Serral... just like Maru did the year prior.

Innovation barely managed to eke out a win against Serral in that tournament. Serral was the better player in that tournament, but Inno's top10 level skill allowed him a small window of opportunity, and he managed to squeeze through it, despite suffering a couple rib fractures in the process with 3 map losses in the grand final. It was hardly an embarrassment for Serral.


Innovation was the best player in that tournament*

Anc13nt
Profile Blog Joined October 2017
1557 Posts
December 28 2019 06:05 GMT
#22
On December 26 2019 17:43 tigon_ridge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2019 16:20 fgonzo wrote:
To put it honestly, Innovation embarrassed the shit out of Serral... just like Maru did the year prior.

Innovation barely managed to eke out a win against Serral in that tournament. Serral was the better player in that tournament, but Inno's top10 level skill allowed him a small window of opportunity, and he managed to squeeze through it, despite suffering a couple rib fractures in the process with 3 map losses in the grand final. It was hardly an embarrassment for Serral.


fgonzo is obviously a troll but I'm not really sure why you'd think Serral was the stronger player in the tournament. In general, he is stronger, but in this one tournament, I don't think so. Innovation went 23-5 while Serral went 20-9, dropping a series to Neeb along the way. Serral had a tougher groupstage but an easier bracket imo.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-28 10:57:09
December 28 2019 10:50 GMT
#23
On December 28 2019 15:05 Anc13nt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2019 17:43 tigon_ridge wrote:
On December 26 2019 16:20 fgonzo wrote:
To put it honestly, Innovation embarrassed the shit out of Serral... just like Maru did the year prior.

Innovation barely managed to eke out a win against Serral in that tournament. Serral was the better player in that tournament, but Inno's top10 level skill allowed him a small window of opportunity, and he managed to squeeze through it, despite suffering a couple rib fractures in the process with 3 map losses in the grand final. It was hardly an embarrassment for Serral.


fgonzo is obviously a troll but I'm not really sure why you'd think Serral was the stronger player in the tournament. In general, he is stronger, but in this one tournament, I don't think so. Innovation went 23-5 while Serral went 20-9, dropping a series to Neeb along the way. Serral had a tougher groupstage but an easier bracket imo.

Serral played Mana, Dark, Scarlett and Inno. Inno played Rail, Lambo, Maru and Serral. If anything, they both ended up on the better side of the bracket for them. But I'd say Serral's opponents were stronger overall and the bracket in general worked out extremely favorably for Inno. If you switched Serral and Inno around in the bracket I don't think Inno gets past Dark.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
December 28 2019 18:27 GMT
#24
On December 28 2019 19:50 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2019 15:05 Anc13nt wrote:
On December 26 2019 17:43 tigon_ridge wrote:
On December 26 2019 16:20 fgonzo wrote:
To put it honestly, Innovation embarrassed the shit out of Serral... just like Maru did the year prior.

Innovation barely managed to eke out a win against Serral in that tournament. Serral was the better player in that tournament, but Inno's top10 level skill allowed him a small window of opportunity, and he managed to squeeze through it, despite suffering a couple rib fractures in the process with 3 map losses in the grand final. It was hardly an embarrassment for Serral.


fgonzo is obviously a troll but I'm not really sure why you'd think Serral was the stronger player in the tournament. In general, he is stronger, but in this one tournament, I don't think so. Innovation went 23-5 while Serral went 20-9, dropping a series to Neeb along the way. Serral had a tougher groupstage but an easier bracket imo.

Serral played Mana, Dark, Scarlett and Inno. Inno played Rail, Lambo, Maru and Serral. If anything, they both ended up on the better side of the bracket for them. But I'd say Serral's opponents were stronger overall and the bracket in general worked out extremely favorably for Inno. If you switched Serral and Inno around in the bracket I don't think Inno gets past Dark.


In that scenario we would have gotten a Maru Dark finals. That would've been nice.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-28 19:16:06
December 28 2019 19:15 GMT
#25
On December 29 2019 03:27 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2019 19:50 Elentos wrote:
On December 28 2019 15:05 Anc13nt wrote:
On December 26 2019 17:43 tigon_ridge wrote:
On December 26 2019 16:20 fgonzo wrote:
To put it honestly, Innovation embarrassed the shit out of Serral... just like Maru did the year prior.

Innovation barely managed to eke out a win against Serral in that tournament. Serral was the better player in that tournament, but Inno's top10 level skill allowed him a small window of opportunity, and he managed to squeeze through it, despite suffering a couple rib fractures in the process with 3 map losses in the grand final. It was hardly an embarrassment for Serral.


fgonzo is obviously a troll but I'm not really sure why you'd think Serral was the stronger player in the tournament. In general, he is stronger, but in this one tournament, I don't think so. Innovation went 23-5 while Serral went 20-9, dropping a series to Neeb along the way. Serral had a tougher groupstage but an easier bracket imo.

Serral played Mana, Dark, Scarlett and Inno. Inno played Rail, Lambo, Maru and Serral. If anything, they both ended up on the better side of the bracket for them. But I'd say Serral's opponents were stronger overall and the bracket in general worked out extremely favorably for Inno. If you switched Serral and Inno around in the bracket I don't think Inno gets past Dark.


In that scenario we would have gotten a Maru Dark finals. That would've been nice.


Thinking Maru would have beaten Serral...it's more likely that Maru would have tried hard not to advance past Neeb if he had to face Serral next.
Mun_Su
Profile Joined December 2012
France2063 Posts
December 29 2019 22:38 GMT
#26
great article, thanks.
INno <3 - TY - Maru - Taeja - Rain <3 - Classic <3 - Stephano <3 - soO <3 - Soulkey - Dark - SERRAL =O / END REGION LOCK
The Taxman
Profile Joined July 2018
37 Posts
January 03 2020 20:41 GMT
#27
Great reading, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Gomas
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Poland312 Posts
January 04 2020 02:09 GMT
#28
inno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZigguratOfMesomerica
Profile Joined January 2020
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-06 17:14:14
January 06 2020 17:11 GMT
#29
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.
ZigguratOfMesomerica
Profile Joined January 2020
3 Posts
January 06 2020 17:15 GMT
#30
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.
ZigguratOfMesomerica
Profile Joined January 2020
3 Posts
January 06 2020 17:17 GMT
#31
On January 07 2020 02:15 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.


How about u chill and play a game of SCII.

User was banned for this post.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 06 2020 17:22 GMT
#32
On January 07 2020 02:17 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2020 02:15 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.


How about u chill and play a game of SCII.

What the fuck am I looking at
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
January 06 2020 17:23 GMT
#33
On January 07 2020 02:22 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2020 02:17 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:15 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.


How about u chill and play a game of SCII.

What the fuck am I looking at

Drugs. A lot of them.
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
January 06 2020 17:35 GMT
#34
On January 07 2020 02:23 Luolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2020 02:22 Elentos wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:17 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:15 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.


How about u chill and play a game of SCII.

What the fuck am I looking at

Drugs. A lot of them.


huh.....
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27415 Posts
January 06 2020 17:41 GMT
#35
And I thought I was a bad drunk poster...
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
January 06 2020 17:51 GMT
#36
On January 07 2020 02:23 Luolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2020 02:22 Elentos wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:17 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:15 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
On January 07 2020 02:11 ZigguratOfMesomerica wrote:
So, I basically created an account to say this, 'cause the opinion isn't going to be very popular, especially among Serral and Maru worshippers. I watched the whole of IEM Katowice, and I saw Serral crack mentally during the series with Innovation. Of course soO had to do his part, but it was Inno who won the battle of minds for him. This is something Maru couldn't do. There is something that happened between WESG/IEM in Serral's psyche that made him question himself for the first time after winning WCS2018. Innovation is the invisible reason for the fact that soO, Stats, and Dark won the major international events of 2019. Otherwise, it would have been a straight second sweep.


If I didn't already dislike you I would be less inclined to reconsider the merits of your opinion.


How about u chill and play a game of SCII.

What the fuck am I looking at

Drugs. A lot of them.

You of all people would know about that
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
January 06 2020 17:59 GMT
#37
Can they also play all three races at the same time?
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-06 18:05:35
January 06 2020 18:05 GMT
#38
If I report him do I get 3 warning in my stats?
IDK if self BM break a rule tho...
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE144
PiGStarcraft110
CosmosSc2 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 539
Rain 242
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever625
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox218
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g7797
shahzam571
JimRising 487
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS84
Trikslyr49
Maynarde43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick747
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen186
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
21m
PiGStarcraft110
Kung Fu Cup
11h 21m
Stellar Fest
13h 21m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.