• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:53
CEST 19:53
KST 02:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6040 users

Flash to stream on Oct 17 24:00 KST - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
October 13 2014 15:07 GMT
#21
We should add this event to the TL calendar
toocoldtocry
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland20 Posts
October 13 2014 15:49 GMT
#22
Good call about the calendar.
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
October 13 2014 15:54 GMT
#23
On October 14 2014 00:07 Silvana wrote:
We should add this event to the TL calendar

Haha seriously,this has to be done!

bypLy
Profile Joined June 2013
757 Posts
October 13 2014 17:58 GMT
#24
omfg i cant believe it
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 13 2014 18:05 GMT
#25
On October 14 2014 00:07 Silvana wrote:
We should add this event to the TL calendar

There has to be a liquipedia page for the event to be approved
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
October 13 2014 18:08 GMT
#26
Meh, not Jaedong.

+ Show Spoiler +
Just kidding ^^ I look forward to watching him stream
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Ficetool
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany165 Posts
October 13 2014 18:10 GMT
#27
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
October 13 2014 18:16 GMT
#28
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

Ignoring the trolling parts, why would you assume people care about commentating...
WeRRa
Profile Joined December 2010
378 Posts
October 13 2014 18:17 GMT
#29
On October 13 2014 19:48 sage_francis wrote:
25k viewers inc !

2,5k viewers*, you missed the comma.
InnoVation Fighting!!!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 18:18:03
October 13 2014 18:17 GMT
#30
On October 14 2014 03:17 WeRRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2014 19:48 sage_francis wrote:
25k viewers inc !

2,5k viewers*, you missed the comma.


2.5k viewers*, you missed the America.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
October 13 2014 18:18 GMT
#31
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.


Perhaps people are interested in the (streaming) perspective of a legendary BW player, who happens to be pretty good at SC2 right now. Maybe they are hoping to see some unusual Flash-faces (I believe you can google Flash face starcraft if you don't know what I mean). Or maybe, they are interested in seeing just how good he is in a non-tournament environment, just playing games to play games. I always enjoy watching Innovation because I know he's incredibly good at ladder and is consistently top 10 on KR grandmaster. What if Flash is actually a ladder guru??
TheScriptan
Profile Joined June 2014
Lithuania152 Posts
October 13 2014 18:24 GMT
#32
Ficetool
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany165 Posts
October 13 2014 18:24 GMT
#33
On October 14 2014 03:18 Blargh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.


Perhaps people are interested in the (streaming) perspective of a legendary BW player, who happens to be pretty good at SC2 right now. Maybe they are hoping to see some unusual Flash-faces (I believe you can google Flash face starcraft if you don't know what I mean). Or maybe, they are interested in seeing just how good he is in a non-tournament environment, just playing games to play games. I always enjoy watching Innovation because I know he's incredibly good at ladder and is consistently top 10 on KR grandmaster. What if Flash is actually a ladder guru??


The non-tournament thing makes sense to me as well as the flash faces part ;-)

If people are interested in FP view, aren't there replays they could use then? Or is it simply a different feeling watching him live and more exciting?
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
October 13 2014 18:29 GMT
#34
On October 14 2014 03:16 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

Ignoring the trolling parts, why would you assume people care about commentating...


Ficetool, there's people like me who prefer silent, high level play streams instead of gold-league tutorials (although I certainly could use some of these xD). For me it's far more entertaining to watch Rain's FPV and try to guess why he does what he does, instead of Winter explaining his gameplay
Ficetool
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany165 Posts
October 13 2014 18:32 GMT
#35
On October 14 2014 03:29 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:16 TheDwf wrote:
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

Ignoring the trolling parts, why would you assume people care about commentating...


Ficetool, there's people like me who prefer silent, high level play streams instead of gold-league tutorials (although I certainly could use some of these xD). For me it's far more entertaining to watch Rain's FPV and try to guess why he does what he does, instead of Winter explaining his gameplay


I can understand that =)
Can you explain to me then why Flash is so special? When there is players like Polt who have a way more interesting personality (imo), better results in SC2? Why is there so much hype just cuz he was good in BW? That's the part I have trouble wrapping my head around.
Silvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
3713 Posts
October 13 2014 18:59 GMT
#36
On October 14 2014 03:32 Ficetool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:29 Silvana wrote:
On October 14 2014 03:16 TheDwf wrote:
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

Ignoring the trolling parts, why would you assume people care about commentating...


Ficetool, there's people like me who prefer silent, high level play streams instead of gold-league tutorials (although I certainly could use some of these xD). For me it's far more entertaining to watch Rain's FPV and try to guess why he does what he does, instead of Winter explaining his gameplay


I can understand that =)
Can you explain to me then why Flash is so special? When there is players like Polt who have a way more interesting personality (imo), better results in SC2? Why is there so much hype just cuz he was good in BW? That's the part I have trouble wrapping my head around.


First, not everyone find interesting the same things. In fact Idk what you find interesting about Polt, yeah he can speak English but I don't recall him saying anything interesting in his interviews... Although I don't follow him closely so I may be wrong.
Speaking of Flash particularly, I didn't follow BW so his past godness is not what made me a fan of him, he rather got me with his humble and hard working attitude (you're very wrong about him being arrogant btw), and the fact he really cares about his team. Plus he's on KT which is my fav team too ^.^ Obviously he has a lot of fans because of BW and his kinda celebrity status.
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
October 13 2014 19:24 GMT
#37
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

He's had good results, just not great results. One recent tournament win and several high placings in really, really stacked tournaments represents an excellent showing, even if his results in one specific tournament series (WCS KR) are merely average.

While he has a large amount of the overhyped figurehead effect, he most certainly does have some special characteristics. He is a spectacularly crisp, precise macro player, who can consistently impress with the compositions and numbers he's able to pump out while under duress, or while executing well-planned, though perhaps not exquisitely microed, attacks. He's an exceptional defender, and it's very impressive to see how accurate his reads are. He seems to have a 6th sense for what his opponent is planning. He's very hard to surprise. Personally, I wasn't really able to appreciate his previous stream, as it seemed really par-for-the-course for a Korean Terran to me, but higher level players who are able to analyze the details of that level of gameplay were pretty enthusiastic, apparently. I can't really notice those things from first-person view, unless they're a Zerg player.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 19:37:06
October 13 2014 19:28 GMT
#38
On October 14 2014 03:29 Silvana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 03:16 TheDwf wrote:
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

Ignoring the trolling parts, why would you assume people care about commentating...


Ficetool, there's people like me who prefer silent, high level play streams instead of gold-league tutorials (although I certainly could use some of these xD). For me it's far more entertaining to watch Rain's FPV and try to guess why he does what he does, instead of Winter explaining his gameplay

Why do you have to choose? I like it when QXC or Grubby streams and gives pointers on how they play at an extremely high level (for a foreigner). It satisfies my need for human explanation, while still not forcing me to watch Winter's gameplay.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I thought someone else would've posted in between by the time I clicked to post.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
October 13 2014 19:33 GMT
#39
On October 14 2014 03:10 Ficetool wrote:
I cannot understand why people get so hyped about someone who has only provided medicore results (at best) in SC2 so far, is arrogant as hell (as seen in interviews or online tournaments) and does not even have any characteristics that make him special (like MC or Polt).

I understand that the szene needs someone to rally behind that is something like their figurehead and since Flash was so great in SC1 I understand the euphoria at first....

But can anyone seriously explain to me why people get excited when he is FORCED to stream for 2 hours and most likely won't even commentate in a way that they can understand? I really cannot understand this...

Thankful for non-fanboy, reasonable explanations. Won't read the other ones.

"It’s been a year since your last Ro16 appearance. Why did it take you so long to return?

I think you could see it as because I had no skill. But I came back since I worked hard so I really want to do well this time around."

"It looks like things have been flowing very well for you ever since the Proleague championship. What do you think?

It’s true that things have been going well for me these days but it’s not yet to a point where I can drop my guard. I won’t feel calm until I keep working hard and establish good results, and since it’s still only the Ro16, I plan to work hard."

"Q: How did you expect the game with Stork?

Flash: I want to play TvP. I want to meet a Protoss in the next match. I want to improve my weakness and accumulate more experience."

That sounds like the very definition of an arrogant player. You don't have to like flash, but don't make shit up.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
October 13 2014 19:45 GMT
#40
Meh. Overhype is real.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM679
TKL 343
TaKeTV 228
IndyStarCraft 197
BRAT_OK 108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 679
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 197
ProTech148
MaxPax 143
BRAT_OK 108
UpATreeSC 82
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 904
EffOrt 566
Mini 560
ggaemo 173
firebathero 142
White-Ra 59
Barracks 51
910 50
Shinee 48
Hyun 48
[ Show more ]
Shine 39
Killer 25
Bale 25
Trap 20
ToSsGirL 17
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 755
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4455
crisheroes1545
Liquid`Hasu1044
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2860
singsing1639
B2W.Neo902
ceh9634
Beastyqt607
ArmadaUGS158
C9.Mang0128
Dewaltoss56
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream486
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2494
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 7m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.