• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:16
CEST 21:16
KST 04:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7861 users

Fenix to take a break from Starcraft II.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 03:45:00
November 04 2013 02:56 GMT
#1
Thanks Mods

I didn't see a thread for this so i will just put this here.

Fenix has announced today through local strike that he is going to take a break from starcraft II and e-sports and he didn't specify when he will get back:




I cant believe it all started when i was 11 years old and was playing Brood War with the friends of my brother. To think that since that very moment my life would change and a passion to play and dream to be in Korea with the best players like Boxer, Yellow or Nada would grow on me.

In the time of my pro-gaming life i had to sacrifice a lot of things like my medicine studies and leaving my family behind, but as hard as it was i never gave up, never told myself that i couldn't do it and i never doubted of my skill.

I achieved my goals and lived in Korea for almost a year and won some international tournaments in USA en Europe.

But what happened after that? I decided to go back to my country and take a long vacation and in the meantime i found something new for me, a new passion: innovation

Since then, I used a lot of my time on that and my dreams turned into that, the world of innovation, entrepreneurship, start-up and so at this time I'm working on a way to start up and i'm looking to join one of the most prestigious universities of the USA like Standford, Harvard or the MIT.


As always, Fenix shows a lot of confidence on himself and he also has himself in a very good place among the best players of the world it looks:

A lot of people always ask me about why am I not in my best possible level of play?
And i also have a discomfort and anger for being defeated by MID level players like jarrpi, túnico,MajOr, darkness, etc. (Editors note: yes, he actually said that and put the "mid" in caps). Yes, for me is very troublesome and shameful to lose against them, but sadly i couldn't play more than 4 or 5 games a week and exaggerating.

For that reason i decided to take a break from Starcraft and not to play any Online or Offline tournaments until I feel the urge to want to go back to the game this time for real. When will that happen? I don't really know, but I know I'll be back with a lot of strength and I will show my determination with facts.

[...]
I will keep making videos to share my experience, tips and coaching that maybe can help you to reach the goals you have.

I'm not retiring and this is not a goodbye just a break from the e-sports scene.

See you soon guys!



EDIT:
MajOr actually had something to say to Fenix, and it wasn't something nice as you would expect. He said it in Skype and a friend posted it to the thread but it has since been deleted by local strike or his friend himself. But basically he laughed, insulted Fenix, said that he wasn't in IM from a long time ago and that IM would say a thing about his break from statecraft because they don't even consider him and IM player since almost a year ago and he was the only one thinking he was still on IM.

But I'm looking for the real comment (a screenshot or maybe he posted it elsewhere) or looking to talk to his friend or MajOr himself to have the source for you guys.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Paradisee
Profile Joined February 2013
United States37 Posts
November 04 2013 02:58 GMT
#2
translate it please.
And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 02:59:37
November 04 2013 02:59 GMT
#3
Been a while since I saw Fenix in tournaments. Best of luck to him. Wonder what Major had to say...

EDIT: Oh also, this should probably be in SC2 general
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
November 04 2013 02:59 GMT
#4
On November 04 2013 11:58 Quantic.Paradise wrote:
translate it please.

Yeah...you can't just say that he has a response that will cause drama and then not translate it! Should have just said nothing about his response if you didn't want to!
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
November 04 2013 03:04 GMT
#5
The best part is that he doesn't seem to identify himself as "MID" level player. He's right, although not in the manner he seems to believe.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 03:10:19
November 04 2013 03:09 GMT
#6
Weird how he has this confidence and belief that he is such a great player, yet I don't even remember the last time he was relevant. He calls MajOr a "mid-tier" when he was on a Kespa team and is semi-relevant. Weird. Being on IM doesn't automatically make you a top-tier player.

Best of luck to him, nonetheless.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 03:13:19
November 04 2013 03:11 GMT
#7
Well the other reason i didn't post what MajOr said is because major said that in Skype when he was talking to a group of friend, and one of them posted it in the announcement, but I cant find it anymore, maybe he deleted it because major asked him or maybe even local strike deleted the comment, so i don't have it to translate it but basically he laughed, insulted Fenix, said that he wasn't in IM from a long time ago and that IM would say a thing about his break from statecraft because they don't even consider him and IM player since almost a year ago and he was the only one thinking he was still on IM.

But I'm looking for the real comment or looking to talk to his friend or MajOr himself to have the source for you guys.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
November 04 2013 03:12 GMT
#8
Yeah... translate it and put it into spoilers please! And yeah... I'm not so sure MajOr qualifies as a mid tier player
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
nakedsurfer
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada500 Posts
November 04 2013 03:17 GMT
#9
I didn't even know this guy was still playing this game. Pretty rude to call out other players as mid level when you aren't relevant and havn't been in a really long time.
Root4Root
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
November 04 2013 03:19 GMT
#10
I find it funny he calls Major mid level but that's how I always saw him lol.
When I think of something else, something will go here
NEEDZMOAR
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1277 Posts
November 04 2013 03:25 GMT
#11
On November 04 2013 12:19 blade55555 wrote:
I find it funny he calls Major mid level but that's how I always saw him lol.



I heard somewhere that the other IM players considered him to be a REALLY good player but I dont know
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
November 04 2013 03:29 GMT
#12
Wasn't he about to come back?
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
November 04 2013 03:30 GMT
#13
On November 04 2013 12:25 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 12:19 blade55555 wrote:
I find it funny he calls Major mid level but that's how I always saw him lol.



I heard somewhere that the other IM players considered him to be a REALLY good player but I dont know

Is he still is IM? He isn't listed in IM's website, and it still listed Seed and Ragnarok as IM players lol
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
November 04 2013 03:40 GMT
#14
Can't say I'm too surprised by his retirement, but good luck to him in his new business ventures.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 03:44:57
November 04 2013 03:43 GMT
#15
Ok thanks for the info but honestly, what is the point of posting skype chat logs / screenshots of MajOr and Fenix's arguments / exchanged words ? .... I mean really, this thread is about Fenix taking a break from SC2, not drama.

...Right?

On November 04 2013 12:25 NEEDZMOAR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2013 12:19 blade55555 wrote:
I find it funny he calls Major mid level but that's how I always saw him lol.



I heard somewhere that the other IM players considered him to be a REALLY good player but I dont know


Where is the legitimacy in this comment, and honestly what is even the point of this comment.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Ace Frehley
Profile Joined December 2012
2030 Posts
November 04 2013 03:44 GMT
#16
On November 04 2013 12:12 Alryk wrote:
Yeah... translate it and put it into spoilers please! And yeah... I'm not so sure MajOr qualifies as a mid tier player

Depending on the player pool, his tier could vary a lot
...
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
November 04 2013 03:48 GMT
#17
What a ridiculous affirmation about him being a lot better than most of LA players, specially mentioning MajOr as a MID level player and himself talking about being HIGH tier lol

The worst part is that on the Local Strike article, you can't say anything bad about it, or your post is deleted, so you will not see how many people talked trash about Fenix, or the answer from MajOr quoted there from a friend of him.

I hope that guy never come back to SC2 scene on LA.

PD: The MajOr's answer was soooo damn good, I hope Phantom can find a good source and translate it
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
November 04 2013 03:52 GMT
#18
On November 04 2013 12:43 GGzerG wrote:
Ok thanks for the info but honestly, what is the point of posting skype chat logs / screenshots of MajOr and Fenix's arguments / exchanged words ? .... I mean really, this thread is about Fenix taking a break from SC2, not drama.

...Right?


Right, but the way Fenix left talking trash about MajOr is kinda awful, like saying "Yeah, I am so damn good but I am losing against crap players because I am busy on other things, so I leave"
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
November 04 2013 03:52 GMT
#19
Heres the thing guys, Fenix and MajOr both had a pretty extensive background in Foreign BW, so obviously there is going to be a little hostility between the two, and also maybe from the same region so there is a lot of competition between the two, I think a lot of people just appreciate the fact of knowing what is going on with Fenix, and rather leave the drama elsewhere because it is pointless, and regardless of what MajOr says or feels, he may be right but that isn't really the point of this thread.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
November 04 2013 03:55 GMT
#20
Oh fenix... he still played? Exactly.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 90
ZombieGrub47
JuggernautJason44
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 136
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1946
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr72
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2252
singsing1382
Beastyqt924
ceh9605
shahzam439
B2W.Neo357
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream396
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade941
Other Games
• Shiphtur326
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.