• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:49
CEST 10:49
KST 17:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11677 users

GSL on french TV ? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 16 2013 16:43 GMT
#61
Nice
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 17:24:49
February 16 2013 17:24 GMT
#62
I don't know if we can consider it lucky since there's like what ? 99% of the french ppl that never heard about that TV channel. and even the other 1% that know it, i'm pretty sure at least half of them don't know how to go there or their cable TV doesn't work like they're supposed to.

Nice initiative though, but I fear it won't last long. At all... :/

Hope I'm wrong though.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
February 16 2013 17:46 GMT
#63
Yeah, I doubt it'll work as well, I don't know this channel at all neither. It's a nice initiative to focus people who don't even know the game though and I hope they'll manage to make something attractive.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 16 2013 17:50 GMT
#64
Never heard of Gong before, but that's kinda cool :D
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
February 16 2013 18:01 GMT
#65
yep, unknown channel in france broadcasting old games..
It's a good idea but i strongly doubt it can work.
People who will want to watch this will want to watch gsl live broadcast, not stuff they saw one year ago.
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
February 16 2013 18:15 GMT
#66
On February 17 2013 03:01 Nyarly wrote:
yep, unknown channel in france broadcasting old games..
It's a good idea but i strongly doubt it can work.
People who will want to watch this will want to watch gsl live broadcast, not stuff they saw one year ago.

The show is not intended for SC2 fans but for people who like video games in general and who will discover SC2 by this way. Obviously the hardcore SC2 fans are not the main target.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
HereBeDragons
Profile Joined May 2011
1429 Posts
February 16 2013 18:18 GMT
#67
On February 17 2013 02:24 RaiZ wrote:
I don't know if we can consider it lucky since there's like what ? 99% of the french ppl that never heard about that TV channel. and even the other 1% that know it, i'm pretty sure at least half of them don't know how to go there or their cable TV doesn't work like they're supposed to.

Nice initiative though, but I fear it won't last long. At all... :/

Hope I'm wrong though.


Exactly - I live in France, and I have no idea what this channel is.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 18:22:40
February 16 2013 18:20 GMT
#68
On February 17 2013 03:18 HereBeDragons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 02:24 RaiZ wrote:
I don't know if we can consider it lucky since there's like what ? 99% of the french ppl that never heard about that TV channel. and even the other 1% that know it, i'm pretty sure at least half of them don't know how to go there or their cable TV doesn't work like they're supposed to.

Nice initiative though, but I fear it won't last long. At all... :/

Hope I'm wrong though.


Exactly - I live in France, and I have no idea what this channel is.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/GONG_(chaîne_de_télévision)

Chan 124 for Free
Chan 77 for Alice
chan 63 for SFR
chan 217 for Numericable

its an option for all the other operators
RIP MKP
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
February 16 2013 18:22 GMT
#69
theres a remarkable amount of french people in this thread who know english. I cant think of a single person I know who knows a lick of french lol
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
February 16 2013 20:17 GMT
#70
never heard of gong before :D
2.5€/month is pretty cheap but it seems to be an anime channel tv only, I'm not really interested
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
Fischbacher
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada666 Posts
February 16 2013 20:41 GMT
#71
On February 17 2013 03:22 Aveng3r wrote:
theres a remarkable amount of french people in this thread who know english. I cant think of a single person I know who knows a lick of french lol

Pretty sure most French people speak French
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
February 16 2013 21:38 GMT
#72
On February 17 2013 05:41 Fischbacher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 03:22 Aveng3r wrote:
theres a remarkable amount of french people in this thread who know english. I cant think of a single person I know who knows a lick of french lol

Pretty sure most French people speak French

I dont think anyones arguing that point
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 16 2013 21:43 GMT
#73
I heard about this a few days ago, and I have sincerly never heard of this channel before... Hope they get a bit more exposure through this ! They deserve it !

On February 17 2013 03:22 Aveng3r wrote:
theres a remarkable amount of french people in this thread who know english. I cant think of a single person I know who knows a lick of french lol


Haha ! Don't worry though, it's not as if knowing French was kind of necessary nowadays (well, unless you're actually involved in translation work or something like that...) while English is a bit more useful ^_^
LiquipediaWanderer
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 1026
soO 432
Hyuk 402
Mini 225
ZerO 147
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 36
Bale 29
Mong 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 25
Terrorterran 14
yabsab 12
HiyA 11
ZergMaN 11
Dota 2
XaKoH 667
XcaliburYe336
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli550
Other Games
olofmeister906
ceh9639
Happy372
singsing372
Livibee194
crisheroes191
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH372
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1351
• Rush1315
• Stunt409
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 11m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.