• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:34
CEST 12:34
KST 19:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8422 users

[Interview] U/D Group B Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 16:03:58
August 28 2012 15:40 GMT
#1
(Z)MVP_Sniper

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You advanced in to Code S rather easily. How do you feel?

I feel dazed since I advanced so easily. Especially that game against AcE just now. He just left so quickly. I feel relieved and happy that I was able to get back in to Code S.

It's been a while since you've made an appearance in the GSL.

After going home once, I just kept on practicing after that. Of course I practiced with the thought that I had to make it no matter what.

How confident were you after seeing who was with you in your group?

The players that worried me the most were Puzzle and GuMiho. Not to mention that I had to face them first. I felt that I could advance as long as I could take down those two players.

In the last Code S, you fell out in the Ro32. Has anything changed since then?

I realized that you really just have to prepare extensively. The way I think has also changed. Like everyone says, practice makes perfect.

You must have watched the WCS during your break. How did you feel about that tournament?

I've met KeSPA players a lot of times on ladder. They all use bar code IDs so it's hard to tell who is who. But I honestly didn't expect the GSL players to go on a ten game losing streak against them. I was really surprised as I watched the games. A lot of the players I thought were going to win ended up losing.

Is the fact that the KeSPA players are rising becoming a problem?

Since the KeSPA players were winning a lot in the WCS, the fans criticized us a lot. At first they were just really disappointed but then they eventually resorted to using profanity (laughs). It made us realize that we really have to just keep on winning.

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.

Puzzle's attack against you was really powerful. Wasn't it dangerous?

Immortal all ins are really common even on ladder. Ever since the build was introduced and since so many players use it, I can't help but think that that build is OP. There are times when I can block it and times when I can't block it. The key point is not how well we defend but how well the Protoss uses his force fields.

What are your goals for this season's Code S?

I want to make it to the Ro8. Staying in Code S is my goal. No matter what, I do not want to get eliminated from the Ro32.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank our partner MYM, and our sponsors RAZER and Lotte. I want to thank my family members for cheering for me and my teammates for helping me with practice.

(T)FXO_GuMiho

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about making it to Code S for the fifth season in a row?

Since I always get eliminated so early in all my Code S rounds I don't feel that great. It feels like my first Code S debut. I know that I am going to have to work really hard.

You couldn't put up a satisfying result for the WCS.

There's nothing I can do about not doing well in the WCS. The problem is my performance. I keep getting that thought as I play my games. I think I was feeling the burden after the GSTL finals. I wasn't able to be in peace with myself.

What games were the most disappointing for the WCS?

The game three against Seed on Cloud Kingdom was the most disappointing for me. After I lost this game I was just done for mentally. I let my guard down once and lost because of it. Just one silly mistake lead to a loss. After I came back from America I lost to my opponent right afterwards so that was also a big shock.

What about the loss against EffOrt?

It was a fate that I brought upon myself. I think the most disappointing fact about that was that I lost in the Ro32.

It seems the title of "GSTL finals all killer" is probably going to stick with you.

That's something I really need to enjoy. Instead of having skills for being a good gamer, it is more important to have skills regarding how you come off to other people. (I'm not entirely sure about this part. I think that's what he's saying.) I am really lacking in that area. I am going to work hard so I can enjoy this better.

You played the series with a loss in your first game. Were you affected mentally?

I lost a game where I was in a really advantageous situation. I didn't make good decisions. But I do get my focus back even after losing a game. I've been through the Up/Downs before so I had confidence and I told myself that anyone and everyone is capable of losing the first game.

What are your goals for this season?

I didn't really think about needing to go anywhere specifically. My goal is to just make sure I don't collapse upon myself. I'm going to work hard to play well for televised matches as well as I do during my practices.

Anything else you would like to say?

I think there are some people who are worried about the storm. I hope everyone remains strong. Since I was able to overcome the storm today it would have been a real shame if I had failed to get through Up/Downs. I want to thank our sponsors GOMTV, FXO, and RAZER. The FXO fan club gave me a hand towel as a gift. I am using it very well. Not just me but Sirius and coach Choya are using their gifts well also.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
August 28 2012 15:44 GMT
#2

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
August 28 2012 15:47 GMT
#3
On August 29 2012 00:44 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?


I think it said on the announcement that it will be 2 code S seeds and 4 code A seeds for the kespa players
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
ranjutan
Profile Joined November 2010
United States636 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 15:49:15
August 28 2012 15:48 GMT
#4
On August 29 2012 00:44 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?


Mr Chae said they are planning to give 2 Code S seeds to KeSPA players.

e: beaten
http://i53.tinypic.com/1r3j0p.gif
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 28 2012 16:05 GMT
#5
GuMi's interview is up!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 28 2012 16:05 GMT
#6
Now Gumiho might look thinner than me... make me feel bad.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Broodlings
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States157 Posts
August 28 2012 16:15 GMT
#7
On August 29 2012 00:44 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?


I see what you did there xD.. Ps: happy birthday
There is no Karont3 icon???? what is this madness?
NotRandoMNamE
Profile Joined August 2012
80 Posts
August 28 2012 16:20 GMT
#8
On August 29 2012 00:44 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?


Notice how he capitalized "Reality" =D.
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
August 28 2012 16:48 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation!
Team owner of team QTLing
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
August 28 2012 16:49 GMT
#10
Thanks once again! always like interviews!!
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 18:18:33
August 28 2012 18:18 GMT
#11
T-T...

I got so many yes votes in my poll so I translated but this has like 10 comments and less than 1000 views...

EDIT: And I just pissed away my 13,000th post... lovely...
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 19:36:42
August 28 2012 19:36 GMT
#12
Maybe put a link to them in the other thread. I missed this due to the inactivity in this thread!

Thx S33K3R :D
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
August 28 2012 19:46 GMT
#13
Adding a comment just so that you know that we enjoy the translation, don't feel like it was all for nuffin !
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
August 28 2012 20:16 GMT
#14
Thank you!
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
August 28 2012 20:29 GMT
#15
Gumiho's mentality sounds a little off. I would thought he would be in a real high after the GSTL finals.
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
August 28 2012 20:36 GMT
#16
Towel terran fighting!!!

I wonder how these guys decide whether to use the "fist pump" post or "crossed arm" pose in each victory photo?

I want to see GuMiHo kick down doors and defile homes in GSL this season. Gogogogogogogog
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
August 28 2012 20:39 GMT
#17
On August 29 2012 00:44 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +

Do you have any desire to be in the same group with KeSPA players for this GSL?

The skill levels between KeSPA players and GSL players are similar. They're all so good on ladder. I'm going to have to win while thinking of them as any other SC2 player.


Does this mean that Kespa players in code S could be a Reality ?


lol, shoulda taken out "a" for more disambiguation
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
August 28 2012 20:44 GMT
#18
Man... that is pretty harsh how the Korean fans are treating the ESF players. They need to learn to relax :/
Narfinger
Profile Joined April 2011
53 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 20:47:56
August 28 2012 20:47 GMT
#19
I love everyone of these interviews! Never stop with the translations!

I hope Gumiho gets reasonable far into Code S. Don't know about Sniper, have to see some games of him again.
I am a noob, don't listen to me.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 28 2012 20:55 GMT
#20
Thanks Seeker, for another wonderful translation!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko88
SpeCial 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23597
firebathero 2391
Bisu 761
Hyuk 639
Horang2 439
BeSt 211
Larva 196
EffOrt 142
Mini 134
Light 127
[ Show more ]
Soma 115
Leta 103
Rush 78
ZerO 68
Killer 67
Barracks 67
ToSsGirL 53
Pusan 47
soO 46
Sexy 38
Sharp 38
Aegong 31
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Mind 23
sorry 22
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Noble 12
zelot 11
Mong 11
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Fuzer 180
XaKoH 170
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1150
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns40428
singsing1781
olofmeister1045
B2W.Neo148
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH57
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 26m
OSC
11h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 26m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.