• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:51
CEST 19:51
KST 02:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6532 users

WCS Circuit Shanghai 2016 Qualifiers - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
February 22 2016 02:34 GMT
#121
How does it make sense that Polt et al. can play in the actual WCS, but not in one of the satellite tournaments? Like this they don't have access to half the potential WCS points, how is that fair competition? Either have them allowed in everything or in nothing at all like the rest of the Koreans. Doing it half arsed like this doesn't make sense at all.
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
February 22 2016 02:39 GMT
#122
"Forster new talents" "Help EU and NA scene" ... you know why.

But still, Polt et. al. could play in the Shanghai event. They either need to catch a invite or play in the offline qualifier... which is held in Shanghai.

Feels strange to me. Polt skipped Dreamhack Leibzig because he didnt want to travel, but he traveled to IEM Taipeh (with much harder oppononents) and now wanted to qualify for Shanghai. I dont understand him.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
February 22 2016 02:51 GMT
#123
Wowow KoMa 2-0 Neeb. Surprising. Them 2base marine-tank timings.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Yiome
Profile Joined February 2014
China1687 Posts
February 22 2016 02:53 GMT
#124
On February 22 2016 11:39 Clonester wrote:
"Forster new talents" "Help EU and NA scene" ... you know why.

But still, Polt et. al. could play in the Shanghai event. They either need to catch a invite or play in the offline qualifier... which is held in Shanghai.

Feels strange to me. Polt skipped Dreamhack Leibzig because he didnt want to travel, but he traveled to IEM Taipeh (with much harder oppononents) and now wanted to qualify for Shanghai. I dont understand him.

Isn't he in Korea now? Shanghai and Teibei is closer for him
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
February 22 2016 02:56 GMT
#125
I start the Neeb fanclub and he gets 2-0 by Koma... I think I'm bad luck.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
tub74557
Profile Joined November 2014
China25 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 03:09:54
February 22 2016 03:05 GMT
#126
On February 22 2016 11:34 Thax wrote:
How does it make sense that Polt et al. can play in the actual WCS, but not in one of the satellite tournaments? Like this they don't have access to half the potential WCS points, how is that fair competition? Either have them allowed in everything or in nothing at all like the rest of the Koreans. Doing it half arsed like this doesn't make sense at all.


I think this guy on reddit pretty much makes it clear.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/46yamm/polt_violet_unable_to_play_in_wcs_shanghai_north/d08qiag

In short, WCS Championship is residence restricted and WCS events is citizenship restricted.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 22 2016 03:16 GMT
#127
Wow who is Koma!?

I'm pretty excited about these brackets, I think it'll be Canada vs US in both winners semifinals and both Losers Round 5. Fingers crossed that HuK can upset Neeb.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
February 22 2016 03:18 GMT
#128
On February 22 2016 12:16 TheDougler wrote:
Wow who is Koma!?

I'm pretty excited about these brackets, I think it'll be Canada vs US in both winners semifinals and both Losers Round 5. Fingers crossed that HuK can upset Neeb.

Koma is this Terran who's been around for a while and has been getting better lately. He beat Scarlett in a different qualifier not too long ago and some other good players I think
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
February 22 2016 04:12 GMT
#129
On February 22 2016 12:18 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2016 12:16 TheDougler wrote:
Wow who is Koma!?

I'm pretty excited about these brackets, I think it'll be Canada vs US in both winners semifinals and both Losers Round 5. Fingers crossed that HuK can upset Neeb.

Koma is this Terran who's been around for a while and has been getting better lately. He beat Scarlett in a different qualifier not too long ago and some other good players I think


He's always been around as a mid-tier NA player, he played for Complexity back when they supported a roster with players like Ryze and Trimaster (damn thats a blast from the past)
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
February 22 2016 04:38 GMT
#130
I wonder when EJK can go far with his mech play
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 04:57:00
February 22 2016 04:54 GMT
#131
On February 22 2016 11:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I start the Neeb fanclub and he gets 2-0 by Koma... I think I'm bad luck.


KoMA joined the Neeb fan club hours before beating him... This is the most ironic fan club turn of events since Scarlett beat elfi.

I guess this result isn't particularly surprising considering the majority of people left in this qualifier are in fact Neeb fan club members.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 06:14:51
February 22 2016 06:14 GMT
#132
On February 22 2016 11:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I start the Neeb fanclub and he gets 2-0 by Koma... I think I'm bad luck.


Pssh, starting the fanclub isn't bad luck SGTK. Being a filthy traitor to your country is bad luck you yank loving bastard.

+ Show Spoiler +
Kidding. You're awesome. America is awesome. Both Neeb and State are awesome but fortunately not as awesome as Scarlett... I hope.


Edit: Oh by the way. They introduced Scarlett as Acer. That's no longer correct I believe, right?
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
February 22 2016 06:27 GMT
#133
On February 22 2016 15:14 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2016 11:56 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I start the Neeb fanclub and he gets 2-0 by Koma... I think I'm bad luck.


Pssh, starting the fanclub isn't bad luck SGTK. Being a filthy traitor to your country is bad luck you yank loving bastard.

+ Show Spoiler +
Kidding. You're awesome. America is awesome. Both Neeb and State are awesome but fortunately not as awesome as Scarlett... I hope.


Edit: Oh by the way. They introduced Scarlett as Acer. That's no longer correct I believe, right?

Scarlett still plays for Acer. The Onfire clan tag is her SC2ITL clan
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 22 2016 06:31 GMT
#134
Ah right, it was Nerchio who is no longer on Acer. That's what I was thinking of.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 07:08:33
February 22 2016 06:39 GMT
#135
CANADA ZERG TOO STRONK!

Scarlett with NoRegrett builds, by CanZerg powers combined anything is possible!!!!

Edit: And now channeling her inner Fruitdealer!

Oh god. That proxy hatch was dirty... That wasn't a fun cutesy Catz proxy hatch.

That was a full-on, like if HuK or Has or sOs, played Zerg, that'd be their build. That felt like a protoss cheese almost more than a Zerg cheese haha. Specially when that pylon went down. Savage!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 07:32:12
February 22 2016 07:26 GMT
#136
Looool 21 drones dead in 1 archon shot. RIP Scarlett

edit: sometimes I'm glad when I'm wrong
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 07:29:55
February 22 2016 07:28 GMT
#137
That was magnificent.

This game doesn't seem to be a good one for workers.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 22 2016 07:33 GMT
#138
Greeeeaaaasy! #BasedDirect_Action
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
February 22 2016 07:34 GMT
#139
On February 22 2016 16:26 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Looool 21 drones dead in 1 archon shot. RIP Scarlett

edit: sometimes I'm glad when I'm wrong


When you lose 20 workers to splash damage you just have to use splash damage to kill twice that many.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
February 22 2016 07:40 GMT
#140
Ugh. The infamous rally to a worker so your workers are following it. It's still as painful to see.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM679
TKL 343
TaKeTV 228
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 108
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 679
TKL 343
IndyStarCraft 190
ProTech148
MaxPax 143
BRAT_OK 108
UpATreeSC 86
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 59
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 755
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4455
crisheroes1545
Liquid`Hasu1044
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2860
singsing1670
B2W.Neo902
ceh9634
Beastyqt607
ArmadaUGS141
C9.Mang0116
Dewaltoss46
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream486
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2494
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.