• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:42
CEST 03:42
KST 10:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7251 users

[SPL] Jin Air vs. CJ Round 1 2014 - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 06 2014 20:35 GMT
#21
Terminator < Hydra
Maru > herO
Rogue > Trust
sOs < Sora

Maru > anyone in ace

CJ failing to live up to their expectations once again.
Flash | Mvp
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 06 2014 20:38 GMT
#22
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 06 2014 20:41 GMT
#23
Well, Maru plays TvP very differently from everyone else, so if they plan to beat him with a Protoss, they're gonna have to prepare well. Proleague makes for the perfect place to do that, but I still think Maru is looking exceptional in TvP at the moment, and I would probably favor him against any Protoss.
Flash | Mvp
Darrkhan
Profile Joined February 2012
Finland1236 Posts
January 06 2014 20:44 GMT
#24
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.


Maru doesn't lose to anyone

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I am biased

Terminator < Hydra
Maru > herO
Rogue > Trust
sOs > Sora (sOs please ;_; no more losses)

if it goes to ace match i think it will be Maru vs Sora that would be epic TvP! :D
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-06 20:46:47
January 06 2014 20:46 GMT
#25
On January 07 2014 05:44 Darrkhan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.


Maru doesn't lose to anyone

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I am biased


if it goes to ace match i think it will be Maru vs Sora that would be epic TvP! :D


He does, actually. To both herO (0-2) and Rain (0-2). Fairly recently, too. Playing in an offline setting is vastly different from online, sure, but herO certainly has the potential to beat him and if he does then so, I'd wager, does Sora.
But yes, if it goes to an ace it should be great!
AdministratorBreak the chains
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
January 06 2014 20:47 GMT
#26
Is there no KT-Samsung thread?
Or my eyes are just lying to me lol.

And why aren't JinAir landing Pigbaby? He wasn't bad in last CodeS, i guess.
Probably will see him later with tricore being unchanged through whole season.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
January 06 2014 21:04 GMT
#27
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.

zealosuy pls. like, i am impressed by sora to, but favoring him against the top two TvP player in the world is rather dubious.
his showing against roro wasnt very impressive and if he does the mistakes he did against flash, than a player like maru is gonna murder him.
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 06 2014 21:06 GMT
#28
On January 07 2014 06:04 Paljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.

zealosuy pls. like, i am impressed by sora to, but favoring him against the top two TvP player in the world is rather dubious.
his showing against roro wasnt very impressive and if he does the mistakes he did against flash, than a player like maru is gonna murder him.


Whose PvT would you rate higher, herO's or Sora's?
AdministratorBreak the chains
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
January 06 2014 21:08 GMT
#29
Terminator > Hydra. I went there.
Maru > herO
Rogue < Trust
sOs < Sora

Maru < Sora
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
January 06 2014 21:09 GMT
#30
On January 07 2014 06:06 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 06:04 Paljas wrote:
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.

zealosuy pls. like, i am impressed by sora to, but favoring him against the top two TvP player in the world is rather dubious.
his showing against roro wasnt very impressive and if he does the mistakes he did against flash, than a player like maru is gonna murder him.


Whose PvT would you rate higher, herO's or Sora's?

i know that herO recently won against maru 2:0.
that doesnt change the fact that Marus TvP is just above the PvT from herO or Sora.
and i would rate theri PvT equally high
TL+ Member
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
January 06 2014 21:20 GMT
#31
The Only thing I don't like about proleague....... It starts at 5 am and I have to go to work by 6 am

I <3 proleague even though Terrans recently are doing so bad I still believe in you maru... Do Terran Justice my young friend
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-06 21:30:23
January 06 2014 21:22 GMT
#32
On January 07 2014 06:09 Paljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 06:06 Zealously wrote:
On January 07 2014 06:04 Paljas wrote:
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.

zealosuy pls. like, i am impressed by sora to, but favoring him against the top two TvP player in the world is rather dubious.
his showing against roro wasnt very impressive and if he does the mistakes he did against flash, than a player like maru is gonna murder him.


Whose PvT would you rate higher, herO's or Sora's?

i know that herO recently won against maru 2:0.
that doesnt change the fact that Marus TvP is just above the PvT from herO or Sora.
and i would rate theri PvT equally high


herO also beat him 2-1 a few weeks before that for a grand total of 4-1. I don't know, Maru definitely has the advantage in name value and his micro (the marauder splits were beyond insane) is second to none, but honestly, comparing his TvP record over the last three months to that of Sora (whose record is the least impressive by level of opponents alone) or herO, his record isn't particularly impressive relative to the other two. Naturally, statistics don't tell the whole story, but personally I wouldn't rate Maru far above either.

On January 07 2014 06:20 Pirfiktshon wrote:
The Only thing I don't like about proleague....... It starts at 5 am and I have to go to work by 6 am

I <3 proleague even though Terrans recently are doing so bad I still believe in you maru... Do Terran Justice my young friend


Out of 9 matches, not a single Protoss has won a non-mirror this week ^^
AdministratorBreak the chains
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-06 21:38:27
January 06 2014 21:36 GMT
#33
Terminator < Hydra
Maru > herO
Rogue > Trust
sOs < Sora

Ace:
Maru < Sora
IM SORRY MARU BUT SORA IS TOO STRONG

On January 07 2014 06:22 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 06:09 Paljas wrote:
On January 07 2014 06:06 Zealously wrote:
On January 07 2014 06:04 Paljas wrote:
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.

zealosuy pls. like, i am impressed by sora to, but favoring him against the top two TvP player in the world is rather dubious.
his showing against roro wasnt very impressive and if he does the mistakes he did against flash, than a player like maru is gonna murder him.


Whose PvT would you rate higher, herO's or Sora's?

i know that herO recently won against maru 2:0.
that doesnt change the fact that Marus TvP is just above the PvT from herO or Sora.
and i would rate theri PvT equally high


herO also beat him 2-1 a few weeks before that for a grand total of 4-1. I don't know, Maru definitely has the advantage in name value and his micro (the marauder splits were beyond insane) is second to none, but honestly, comparing his TvP record over the last three months to that of Sora (whose record is the least impressive by level of opponents alone) or herO, his record isn't particularly impressive relative to the other two. Naturally, statistics don't tell the whole story, but personally I wouldn't rate Maru far above either.

Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 06:20 Pirfiktshon wrote:
The Only thing I don't like about proleague....... It starts at 5 am and I have to go to work by 6 am

I <3 proleague even though Terrans recently are doing so bad I still believe in you maru... Do Terran Justice my young friend


Out of 9 matches, not a single Protoss has won a non-mirror this week ^^


They were both online though. Maru has a better win rate in TvP offline but it should still be pretty close. Could see it going either way for Maru vs herO
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 06 2014 21:36 GMT
#34
On January 07 2014 06:36 Shellshock wrote:
Terminator < Hydra
Maru > herO
Rogue > Trust
sOs < Sora

Ace:
Maru < Sora
IM SORRY MARU BUT SORA IS TOO STRONG


This man.
AdministratorBreak the chains
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
January 06 2014 21:40 GMT
#35
I hope Sora will read it lol.
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
January 06 2014 22:42 GMT
#36
heres hoping maru gets to play ace in case this time
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
January 06 2014 22:45 GMT
#37
On January 07 2014 05:38 Zealously wrote:
I don't see Sora losing to Maru to be honest. Yes I may be a little biased but he looks better in PvT than herO does most of the time, although the latter is probably the one who would be sent out for an ace match anyway.


I have a hard time favouring anyone over Maru. Not to say that he'll win every game but going into 99% of games I'll see Maru as a favourite. And not just because I remember him crushing my dreams of seeing Morrow in code S back in the day and thinking: wow this kid is good.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
January 07 2014 01:22 GMT
#38
there's no KT/KHAN thread yet right? i'm not missing something? lol

this should be a good match!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 01:26:37
January 07 2014 01:26 GMT
#39
On January 07 2014 10:22 opterown wrote:
there's no KT/KHAN thread yet right? i'm not missing something? lol

this should be a good match!

There isn't.

Edit: There is! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440216
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 01:29:23
January 07 2014 01:28 GMT
#40
On January 07 2014 10:22 opterown wrote:
there's no KT/KHAN thread yet right? i'm not missing something? lol

this should be a good match!


Ugh, better be good matches because I can't remember the last time I even did 2 LRs in a row haha

Edit: in fact the last time was never
AdministratorBreak the chains
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2572
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm189
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe214
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv676
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0377
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv676
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.