• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7883 users

[SPL] KT vs CJ Entus - Round 1 2014 - Page 86

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 01 2014 20:07 GMT
#1701
On January 02 2014 04:25 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 04:24 geokilla wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:12 Zealously wrote:
On January 02 2014 03:01 geokilla wrote:
Flash vs Sora was ridiculous from a TvP balance point of view...


Why?

Stacking storms, storming his own units, storming randomly. At least that's what I noticed when I watched the VOD a couple hours ago.


There was a lot more to it than that. I probably won't be able to convince you otherwise but you should watch the game again, made take some notes or something. Both made crucial mistakes in the game but in the end it was decided by Sora playing well, disrupting Flash, and thinking on the fly rather than imbalance.

What were some things that stood out for you then? Aside from the DT harass that went too well. The loss of full Medivacs in that drop was pretty amazing play by Sora. Sora being indecisive was pretty bad for him, but luckily he was able to clean up the drop too.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
January 01 2014 21:13 GMT
#1702
Don't want to disrupt the discussion, just want to jump in to say gratz to KT! Amidst the spectacular hype CJ Entus was rolling along with, I have to commend KT for not letting any of it faze them and for putting on a performance worthy of the KT name in Proleague
jjakji fan
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 01 2014 21:20 GMT
#1703
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 01 2014 21:27 GMT
#1704
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
penguinpoopy
Profile Joined January 2013
United States18 Posts
January 01 2014 21:41 GMT
#1705
On January 02 2014 06:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference


And you are implying that FlaSh cannot?
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 01 2014 21:42 GMT
#1706
On January 02 2014 06:41 penguinpoopy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 06:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference


And you are implying that FlaSh cannot?


Not good enough, yes
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
penguinpoopy
Profile Joined January 2013
United States18 Posts
January 01 2014 21:44 GMT
#1707
On January 02 2014 06:42 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 06:41 penguinpoopy wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference


And you are implying that FlaSh cannot?


Not good enough, yes


While this is debatable, I don't think anyone could micro out of the storms that caught his army off guard.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 01 2014 21:49 GMT
#1708
Yeah, I think Flash played as well as anyone could. His biggest mistake was the 4 full medivac give-away. It's hard to recover from that, it prevents you from being aggressive for far too long.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 21:51:28
January 01 2014 21:50 GMT
#1709
On January 02 2014 06:44 penguinpoopy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 06:42 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:41 penguinpoopy wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference


And you are implying that FlaSh cannot?


Not good enough, yes


While this is debatable, I don't think anyone could micro out of the storms that caught his army off guard.


Well yeah probably not, but if you add the whole game i think lots of terrans(edit: well lots may be too much here, but you get what i mean^^) would have won that game with better micro and multitask. Whatever let's see how he does the next few weeks.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
penguinpoopy
Profile Joined January 2013
United States18 Posts
January 01 2014 21:54 GMT
#1710
On January 02 2014 06:50 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 06:44 penguinpoopy wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:42 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:41 penguinpoopy wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:27 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On January 02 2014 06:20 TheDwf wrote:
On January 02 2014 04:40 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
I saw KT vs CJ being top in the SC2 tournament highlight. at left hand column

I came here, I kinda hoped it was Flash vs Sora discussion.
I kinda wan to find out, what Flash was missing.

I remembered his game vs Maru, where he contain Maru, but seems like lacking 2%, and then he lose.
This game too, seems like he miss some 2%, and then he lose.

What is the 2% Flash is lacking?

Flash had a tough game because he was behind from the opening after his proxy fact/port didn't pay off. He played well considering his situation (this + DTs massacring a lot of SCVs). I don't think people like Maru, Bogus or TaeJa would have won in his position either.

People like Maru or Taeja can micro, i think that is the biggest difference


And you are implying that FlaSh cannot?


Not good enough, yes


While this is debatable, I don't think anyone could micro out of the storms that caught his army off guard.


Well yeah probably not, but if you add the whole game i think lots of terrans(edit: well lots may be too much here, but you get what i mean^^) would have won that game with better micro and multitask. Whatever let's see how he does the next few weeks.


Yeah I think if it was Taeja he would have EMP'd a little better and probably prevented the game ending storms but I think Flash's storm dodging was really good up to that point. And I thought he was gonna win when he was chasing down Sora's army.
Prev 1 84 85 86
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 158
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 334
actioN 91
Mong 76
Shine 72
NotJumperer 38
Bale 29
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 821
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft779
Other Games
summit1g8405
ceh9356
Happy266
PiGStarcraft226
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS38
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream509
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2368
League of Legends
• Lourlo1434
• Rush1392
• Stunt464
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.