• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10101 users

[Code A] RO48 Day 2 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 124 Next
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
September 25 2012 07:42 GMT
#401
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 25 2012 07:43 GMT
#402
On September 25 2012 16:41 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:40 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Not to mention there is a FnaticRain already. Though at this rate, we should rename him FnaticDrizzle or something ...


What about the 3 hero's we've got floating around the scene atm? At this point one or two of em should rename to sidekick or something :p

Batman, Superman, Spiderman?
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 25 2012 07:44 GMT
#403

On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

I wish people called Zergbong Zergbong instead of Nestea ._.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
September 25 2012 07:45 GMT
#404
On September 25 2012 16:36 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.

I just wasnt sure so I just went with the popular vote. Khaldor and Wolf seemed unsure what to call him as well

Thanks for that I'm ok with both though it's a bit confusing at first. I especially hope one of the "hero" guys is gonna change his id. They should play a tournament to decide who changes his id ^^
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
September 25 2012 07:46 GMT
#405
On September 25 2012 16:43 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:41 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:40 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Not to mention there is a FnaticRain already. Though at this rate, we should rename him FnaticDrizzle or something ...


What about the 3 hero's we've got floating around the scene atm? At this point one or two of em should rename to sidekick or something :p

Batman, Superman, Spiderman?


KamenRider :D

Also, I don't think anyone calls T8_BaBy as "ty" lol. It's really up to the players, but I also think its pretty fun as a newcomer to learn about all of the different IDs the players have I have those AHA moments when I find out a certain player in BW is playing SC2 but under a different name. FruitDealer was one.
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 07:47:00
September 25 2012 07:46 GMT
#406
On September 25 2012 16:43 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:41 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:40 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Not to mention there is a FnaticRain already. Though at this rate, we should rename him FnaticDrizzle or something ...


What about the 3 hero's we've got floating around the scene atm? At this point one or two of em should rename to sidekick or something :p

Batman, Superman, Spiderman?


Liquid'Hero should change his name to Liquid'MiniBisu ^.^
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 07:48:32
September 25 2012 07:48 GMT
#407
On September 25 2012 16:44 Shikyo wrote:

Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

I wish people called Zergbong Zergbong instead of Nestea ._.

you'll be hearing it more often as his play is seeming to decline
On September 25 2012 16:46 Yello wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:43 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:41 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:40 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Not to mention there is a FnaticRain already. Though at this rate, we should rename him FnaticDrizzle or something ...


What about the 3 hero's we've got floating around the scene atm? At this point one or two of em should rename to sidekick or something :p

Batman, Superman, Spiderman?


Liquid'Hero should change his name to Liquid'MiniBisu ^.^

But then would Crank have to change his ladder ID Liquid'Bisu?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
September 25 2012 07:48 GMT
#408
On September 25 2012 16:44 Shikyo wrote:

Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

I wish people called Zergbong Zergbong instead of Nestea ._.


Zergbong...I feel has way too many bad memories connected to it lol.

Man why didn't Code A happen yesterday lol. I never felt like posting in LR this much before, and it's the day after the Beta thing is over lol. I think I posted more here then in the past 5 days combined xD
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 25 2012 07:51 GMT
#409
On September 25 2012 16:46 Yello wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:43 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:41 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:40 babylon wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Not to mention there is a FnaticRain already. Though at this rate, we should rename him FnaticDrizzle or something ...


What about the 3 hero's we've got floating around the scene atm? At this point one or two of em should rename to sidekick or something :p

Batman, Superman, Spiderman?


Liquid'Hero should change his name to Liquid'MiniBisu ^.^

Honestly, he looks more like JD to me. Hmm. Or JD and Bisu's love-child, lol.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 25 2012 07:51 GMT
#410
On September 25 2012 16:42 canikizu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.


Byun started out as Bleach, FYI. He's had the most AKA's of any progamer out there, afaik..
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 07:54:17
September 25 2012 07:53 GMT
#411
On September 25 2012 16:51 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:42 canikizu wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.


Byun started out as Bleach, FYI. He's had the most AKA's of any progamer out there, afaik..


Princess got more, doesn't he?

Edit: taken from his Liquipedia page:
xSixWinDy, MajOr, Gosi[Terran], Terran, Princess, Britney, Kitty, Memory, CuteAngel, NoNge, xSixTerran
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 25 2012 07:54 GMT
#412
On September 25 2012 16:45 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:36 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.

I just wasnt sure so I just went with the popular vote. Khaldor and Wolf seemed unsure what to call him as well

Thanks for that I'm ok with both though it's a bit confusing at first. I especially hope one of the "hero" guys is gonna change his id. They should play a tournament to decide who changes his id ^^


well, they've all been Hero for a damn long time:

Liquid`HerO aka HerO[Shield] first played in MSL prelims (as part of Lecaf OZ) in November 2006. (Never played a non-preliminary match :/)
by.hero first played in OSL prelims (as part of STX SouL) in March 2007.
herO[jOin] is the youngest and newest, debuting in MSL prelims (as part of WeMade FOX) in April 2009.

Also, there was a player HerO_V_ (same clan as fOrGG_V_), who debuted in an "evaluation league" in February 2006 as a member of (I believe?) KOR (later Sparkyz.)

So I guess if anyone changes, it should be herO[jOin], even though he's been playing as a pro with that ID for 3.5 years now...
Writer
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 25 2012 07:54 GMT
#413
On September 25 2012 16:51 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:42 canikizu wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.


Byun started out as Bleach, FYI. He's had the most AKA's of any progamer out there, afaik..

One of MMA's earlier ones ... SlayerSCchapSeungEu.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 25 2012 07:56 GMT
#414
On September 25 2012 16:53 Yello wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:51 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:42 canikizu wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.


Byun started out as Bleach, FYI. He's had the most AKA's of any progamer out there, afaik..


Princess got more, doesn't he?

Edit: taken from his Liquipedia page:
xSixWinDy, MajOr, Gosi[Terran], Terran, Princess, Britney, Kitty, Memory, CuteAngel, NoNge, xSixTerran


Well he's a...special case :p
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
September 25 2012 07:57 GMT
#415
VODs coming up.

http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls4/vod/70598/?set=1
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 25 2012 07:58 GMT
#416
On September 25 2012 16:54 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:51 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:42 canikizu wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:34 glzElectromaster wrote:
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Naw, I still like to call Rain "By.Sun" cause I think it sounds cooler lol. Kind of how people kept on calling GhostKing "Byun" or Fin "ForGG". Has nothing to do with elitism imo. I call IMFirst as First, not anyppi cause First sounds better

Except GhostKing changed his name back to Byun, and so does ForGG.


Byun started out as Bleach, FYI. He's had the most AKA's of any progamer out there, afaik..

One of MMA's earlier ones ... SlayerSCchapSeungEu.


and MMA was dream.t)1988

lol
Writer
Mastavida1
Profile Joined September 2012
Denmark13 Posts
September 25 2012 08:02 GMT
#417
Predictions for the next for matches:
Mana > asd
Maru < Effort
Naniwa > mini
Killer < Flash
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
September 25 2012 08:05 GMT
#418
Mana < asd
Maru < Effort
Naniwa < mini
Killer < Flash

Time for the people on the right to step it up. Seriously!

;P
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
September 25 2012 08:07 GMT
#419
On September 25 2012 16:34 GreyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2012 16:31 samurai80 wrote:
On September 25 2012 15:29 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Poll: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

sHy (13)
 
81%

sOs (3)
 
19%

16 total votes

Your vote: Do you want me to call him sHy or sOs

(Vote): sHy
(Vote): sOs


just wondering if anyone cared since he's in the gom bracket as sOs

Yes he is. Actually it's how he's called by casters, organizers, etc... I don't get why people here wants to call someone with his old BW nickname. First the player himself chose to change it and that's a bit weird to prevent him from doing so. But above all, it sounds to me like a kind of elitism against new comers to Starcraft scene. I find this quite childish and not friendly at all for new comers.


Or people like the old id better. You are being so dramatic

I wish liquipedia and the votes always had the most up to date name personally with the well known one in brackets.. some of these guys get confusing..
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
September 25 2012 08:08 GMT
#420
2 Minutes till GNN
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 124 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Bisu 556
BeSt 442
Hyuk 322
actioN 178
Leta 143
Zeus 111
EffOrt 110
ZerO 84
Soma 79
[ Show more ]
Light 74
Shinee 41
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 33
soO 33
sorry 30
Aegong 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 10
Sharp 8
JulyZerg 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
League of Legends
JimRising 401
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1198
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King164
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1805
Other Games
gofns27938
summit1g8391
olofmeister1390
singsing1367
ceh9602
crisheroes308
DeMusliM135
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee100
XBOCT84
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick502
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 16
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1990
• Rush1281
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
25m
OSC
3h 25m
Stellar Fest
3h 25m
OSC
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.