• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7254 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 2 Code S Ro32 Group G - Page 170

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 168 169 170 171 172 Next
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
April 13 2012 18:33 GMT
#3381
woot MVP advances! I went to bed after his first series against Ryung. gonna have to watch the other 2 series now.

also congrats to naniwa on winning the group!
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
April 13 2012 18:35 GMT
#3382
Yay GZ Naniwa! Very surprising, to me at least.
Pathetic Greta hater.
mycro
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1579 Posts
April 13 2012 18:50 GMT
#3383
On April 14 2012 00:25 tdt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:02 Acritter wrote:
I'm pumped to see that not only has NaNiwa gotten through, but MVP managed to scrape things together and make it happen! What an awesome guy.

I don't even understand why he's playing. He's got a little bankroll. National Health Care. Get ur damn wrists fixed and come back with a vengence. Now he's just wasting his time, tearing his body up and wont get far. Sad to see actually.


It seems Mvp's CT is different from others, he hasn't found any specialist in it. I hope he does.
Kilby
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland1069 Posts
April 13 2012 19:16 GMT
#3384
O m g. Today at work I only dared to open up the sploiler tags for the results of first game of the day and seeing Puzzle beat Nani I didn't dare to look what happened in the rest of the games but now at home I checked the rest of them too and I just have to say I'm really really happy for Naniwa. Even with all the hype he managed to deliver. Absolutely awesome. Big grats Nani! You are a baller!
Egyptian_Head
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa508 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 19:16:58
April 13 2012 19:16 GMT
#3385
On April 14 2012 03:50 mycro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 00:25 tdt wrote:
On April 14 2012 00:02 Acritter wrote:
I'm pumped to see that not only has NaNiwa gotten through, but MVP managed to scrape things together and make it happen! What an awesome guy.

I don't even understand why he's playing. He's got a little bankroll. National Health Care. Get ur damn wrists fixed and come back with a vengence. Now he's just wasting his time, tearing his body up and wont get far. Sad to see actually.


It seems Mvp's CT is different from others, he hasn't found any specialist in it. I hope he does.

I read today that he talked to a retire brood war who had the same problem he does and for that player his wrists weren't actually the problem, it was his cervical disc (whatever that is). Mvp is going to have it checked out shortly. Thats what he said in his post match interview.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=328864
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
April 13 2012 19:25 GMT
#3386
omfg best outcome imaginable. im so sad i couldnt watch it live.
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
redviper
Profile Joined May 2010
Pakistan2333 Posts
April 13 2012 19:25 GMT
#3387
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
April 13 2012 19:52 GMT
#3388
On April 14 2012 04:25 redviper wrote:
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.


It's entirely possible he wasn't acting. Tasteless seems to hardly follow the scene at all nowadays - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't aware of his wrist condition, or at least the extent to which it seems to be hurting MVP's play.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
April 13 2012 19:54 GMT
#3389
On April 14 2012 04:52 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 04:25 redviper wrote:
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.


It's entirely possible he wasn't acting. Tasteless seems to hardly follow the scene at all nowadays - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't aware of his wrist condition, or at least the extent to which it seems to be hurting MVP's play.


Yeah this. I don't think tasteless follows the scene all to much so he might not know about the wrist issues. I really hope that MVP can get it fixed as it would be nice to see him in top form like 2011.
When I think of something else, something will go here
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
April 13 2012 19:55 GMT
#3390
Hopes Naniwa gets knocked out next round...
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
deviator
Profile Joined April 2012
United States23 Posts
April 13 2012 20:51 GMT
#3391
On April 14 2012 04:55 iSometric wrote:
Hopes Naniwa gets knocked out next round...


Why? We need more non HuK foreigners in the GSL Code S. I'm tired of him getting easy groups, unlike his teammate IdrA, then people calling him the best foreigner in the world. The best foreigner in the world should be Stephano anyway. Naniwa was right, he didn't deserve the Code S seed, Stephano does.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
April 13 2012 20:52 GMT
#3392
Naniwa through? Here you go: 3k post to YAYYYYYYYY
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
SeraKuDA
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada343 Posts
April 13 2012 21:00 GMT
#3393
On April 14 2012 02:54 TheBanana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 02:34 RifleCow wrote:
More emotion from Nani after getting into Ro16 than after winning MLG. Clearly shows where he feels the competition is fierce.


I always thought this picture was from his MLG-win, am I wrong?:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]



I thought it was from beating either Nestea or MVP at that other tournament... Same weekend as MLG.. Forget what it was called though...
Oboeman
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3980 Posts
April 13 2012 21:05 GMT
#3394
On April 14 2012 06:00 SeraKuDA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 02:54 TheBanana wrote:
On April 14 2012 02:34 RifleCow wrote:
More emotion from Nani after getting into Ro16 than after winning MLG. Clearly shows where he feels the competition is fierce.


I always thought this picture was from his MLG-win, am I wrong?:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]



I thought it was from beating either Nestea or MVP at that other tournament... Same weekend as MLG.. Forget what it was called though...


I think that was from him getting taking down Thorzain (revenge) at the EU battle.net invitational, before losing to Ret.
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
April 13 2012 21:05 GMT
#3395
On April 14 2012 04:55 iSometric wrote:
Hopes Naniwa gets knocked out next round...

Let the best player win... lets see who he faces.
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
April 13 2012 21:06 GMT
#3396
On April 14 2012 06:00 SeraKuDA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 02:54 TheBanana wrote:
On April 14 2012 02:34 RifleCow wrote:
More emotion from Nani after getting into Ro16 than after winning MLG. Clearly shows where he feels the competition is fierce.


I always thought this picture was from his MLG-win, am I wrong?:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]



I thought it was from beating either Nestea or MVP at that other tournament... Same weekend as MLG.. Forget what it was called though...

the mlg global invitational. but thats not where the pic is from cause he was on complexity when he won that
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Kraznaya
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3711 Posts
April 13 2012 21:11 GMT
#3397
On April 14 2012 04:54 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 04:52 SeaSwift wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:25 redviper wrote:
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.


It's entirely possible he wasn't acting. Tasteless seems to hardly follow the scene at all nowadays - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't aware of his wrist condition, or at least the extent to which it seems to be hurting MVP's play.


Yeah this. I don't think tasteless follows the scene all to much so he might not know about the wrist issues. I really hope that MVP can get it fixed as it would be nice to see him in top form like 2011.


The knowledgeability of Tastosis about what is really going on with players in the scene is embarrassing sometimes.
do you have enough resolve, hero of justice?
SiroKO
Profile Joined February 2012
France721 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 21:20:55
April 13 2012 21:20 GMT
#3398
On April 14 2012 06:11 Kraznaya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 04:54 blade55555 wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:52 SeaSwift wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:25 redviper wrote:
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.


It's entirely possible he wasn't acting. Tasteless seems to hardly follow the scene at all nowadays - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't aware of his wrist condition, or at least the extent to which it seems to be hurting MVP's play.


Yeah this. I don't think tasteless follows the scene all to much so he might not know about the wrist issues. I really hope that MVP can get it fixed as it would be nice to see him in top form like 2011.


The knowledgeability of Tastosis about what is really going on with players in the scene is embarrassing sometimes.



The knowledgeability of Tasteless about what is really going on [[with players in the scene]] is embarrassing sometimes.


This I think is more accurate.
Commentators aren't supposed to be half good as actual players, but still, there's something obscene about criticizing harshly a code S Terran gameplan when your actual game knowledge is so low that people wonder whether you actually play the game or not.



Our envy always last longer than the happiness of those we envy
Corrosive
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3741 Posts
April 13 2012 21:35 GMT
#3399
On April 14 2012 06:20 SiroKO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 06:11 Kraznaya wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:54 blade55555 wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:52 SeaSwift wrote:
On April 14 2012 04:25 redviper wrote:
Personally (and I am mad becasue I am watching the vods right) it really annoyed me that Tasteless was acting as if MVP's play has dropped off because he is bad or other players got much better than him totally ignoring the awful condition of his wrists.


It's entirely possible he wasn't acting. Tasteless seems to hardly follow the scene at all nowadays - I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't aware of his wrist condition, or at least the extent to which it seems to be hurting MVP's play.


Yeah this. I don't think tasteless follows the scene all to much so he might not know about the wrist issues. I really hope that MVP can get it fixed as it would be nice to see him in top form like 2011.


The knowledgeability of Tastosis about what is really going on with players in the scene is embarrassing sometimes.


Show nested quote +

The knowledgeability of Tasteless about what is really going on [[with players in the scene]] is embarrassing sometimes.


This I think is more accurate.
Commentators aren't supposed to be half good as actual players, but still, there's something obscene about criticizing harshly a code S Terran gameplan when your actual game knowledge is so low that people wonder whether you actually play the game or not.






And when did tasteless say anything bad about a code S terran when it wasn't actually accurate?
Maruprime.
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
April 13 2012 21:39 GMT
#3400
On April 14 2012 05:51 deviator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2012 04:55 iSometric wrote:
Hopes Naniwa gets knocked out next round...


Why? We need more non HuK foreigners in the GSL Code S. I'm tired of him getting easy groups, unlike his teammate IdrA, then people calling him the best foreigner in the world. The best foreigner in the world should be Stephano anyway. Naniwa was right, he didn't deserve the Code S seed, Stephano does.

If Naniwa is right Stephano wouldn't deserve the Code S seed either.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Prev 1 168 169 170 171 172 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1065
WardiTV715
OGKoka 278
Rex143
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 382
OGKoka 278
Rex 143
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2281
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 1268
Larva 888
EffOrt 643
BeSt 501
Soma 435
Jaedong 365
Mini 322
Stork 217
[ Show more ]
Light 214
ZerO 192
ggaemo 152
Rush 112
Zeus 110
Killer 79
Barracks 72
Hyun 64
Shine 52
Sea.KH 46
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 29
Bale 29
Yoon 24
soO 23
Aegong 23
Mong 22
PianO 19
sorry 19
Sacsri 17
Sexy 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
zelot 9
HiyA 8
Noble 7
yabsab 6
Icarus 6
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
qojqva1773
Dendi1566
BananaSlamJamma282
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin683
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes350
Other Games
singsing2238
olofmeister1253
B2W.Neo658
hiko621
Lowko341
Sick205
Pyrionflax197
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King41
Liquid`VortiX6
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream555
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH292
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2139
Other Games
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.