• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7858 users

[GSL] TG Intel SC2 Open 1 - Qualifiers Day 2 - Page 15

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
306 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
August 29 2010 23:18 GMT
#281
On August 30 2010 04:32 Alphaes wrote:
Looks like gg.net has the full 32 from day 2 here:

http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/news/12917-the-final-32-decided

Anyone know who the NEX guy in group C-2 is? The one with the US flag.


That was me being tired and forgetting to change the flag to Korea =]
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
August 30 2010 00:43 GMT
#282
Actually really like this map pool. A lot.
KevinAce
Profile Joined May 2010
United States101 Posts
August 30 2010 04:25 GMT
#283
On August 29 2010 18:26 GTR wrote:
http://cnce.kr/shop/games/vs64_3.php?no=894&v_result=64&games_list=330&guest_type=0

Naz is 49th.

Also who's Kevin Wimer?
That's me. I'm just a newb living here in S. Korea and thought I'd give things a shot. Eliminated 2nd round but had a great time hanging out with everyone.
LootMarket.com
Alphaes
Profile Joined April 2010
United States651 Posts
August 30 2010 04:51 GMT
#284
On August 30 2010 13:25 KevinAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2010 18:26 GTR wrote:
http://cnce.kr/shop/games/vs64_3.php?no=894&v_result=64&games_list=330&guest_type=0

Naz is 49th.

Also who's Kevin Wimer?
That's me. I'm just a newb living here in S. Korea and thought I'd give things a shot. Eliminated 2nd round but had a great time hanging out with everyone.


Hehe, neat. Now all we have to do is hunt down this Hubert Krenz feller.
What this
Weemoed
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands741 Posts
August 30 2010 07:22 GMT
#285
Even though it's a stupid question as I read the results but I just want to ask it; did TheSTC (already) qualify for the next round(s)?
Bring me to space, and let me wander there forever
Lovedrop
Profile Joined April 2010
2629 Posts
August 30 2010 07:55 GMT
#286
On August 30 2010 16:22 Weemoed wrote:
Even though it's a stupid question as I read the results but I just want to ask it; did TheSTC (already) qualify for the next round(s)?


He did not participate as he's soon to be enrolled in military services.
Writerundefeated thunderdome champion 。゚+.(o´・ω・`o)+.゚。イィ!! :+:+: @lubdrop
JunkkaGom
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)855 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 08:56:54
August 30 2010 08:53 GMT
#287
Hello, me again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active, but we are really busy down here at GomTV.
We have just finnished making brackets for RO64. I know many of you are very curious about it, but all I can say is that it will be confidential for now.

As for the opening match, I mentioned before that there will be 16 players playing. It seems I was misinformed. There will be 4 selected players from RO64, which means there will be 2 matches(3 games per match, the best two wins).

Well I guess another big questions everyone has is "How the hell do we watch the games?!"
We will upload them on http://www.gomtv.net. It is NOT in Korean and you do NOT need to pay.

"What about commentaries?! Do we have to watch it listening to Korean jibberish?" Not to worry. Dan(Artosis) and Nick(Tasteless) are going to provide English commentaries.

If by any chance some of you already live in Korea or are planning to come to Korea this week. The opening match will be held at KBS 88 Stadium at 7pm KST on 4th of September. It's free and all the players that participated in the preliminaries will be given VIP seats and presents.

For further information do not hesitate to email me : junkka@gretech.com
Workload overwhelming. It is a good day to work
JunkkaGom
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)855 Posts
August 30 2010 08:58 GMT
#288
On August 29 2010 21:02 Edlina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2010 20:48 akomatic wrote:
On August 29 2010 20:33 Edlina wrote:
Wasn't Maru (who qualified to Ro64) from 1997 according to some post earlier in this thread?


Could be 13 if you were born Sept-Dec 1996. Or it could be a Korean age thing.

Looking at some of the games played, you can see many players with ~800 games, and even over 1000 for Choejeongmin / oGsZenio. For a release about 33 days ago, that's over 30 games a day. Including match-making time, replay review, etc, it's likely some of these players are averaging 10 hours of laddering a day.


Well even with the weird Korean age thing, GOMTV wrote that the youngest player was born in 1996, while according the post I quoted Maru was born in july 1997...

Not that it matters much


My appologies. Typing error lol. 1997 is correct.
Workload overwhelming. It is a good day to work
Rampager
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia1007 Posts
August 30 2010 09:24 GMT
#289
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.


Junkka, you are awesome. Thank you very much for the information and making the GSL accessible internationally (and going through the trouble to post on TL.net) and most of all thanks for getting Nick and Dan to cast these games, it's going to be amazing
Alphaes
Profile Joined April 2010
United States651 Posts
August 30 2010 09:31 GMT
#290
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active, but we are really busy down here at GomTV.
We have just finnished making brackets for RO64. I know many of you are very curious about it, but all I can say is that it will be confidential for now.

As for the opening match, I mentioned before that there will be 16 players playing. It seems I was misinformed. There will be 4 selected players from RO64, which means there will be 2 matches(3 games per match, the best two wins).

Well I guess another big questions everyone has is "How the hell do we watch the games?!"
We will upload them on http://www.gomtv.net. It is NOT in Korean and you do NOT need to pay.

"What about commentaries?! Do we have to watch it listening to Korean jibberish?" Not to worry. Dan(Artosis) and Nick(Tasteless) are going to provide English commentaries.

If by any chance some of you already live in Korea or are planning to come to Korea this week. The opening match will be held at KBS 88 Stadium at 7pm KST on 4th of September. It's free and all the players that participated in the preliminaries will be given VIP seats and presents.

For further information do not hesitate to email me : junkka@gretech.com


That website doesn't look like it's been updated in a long-time. It could really use a makeover for the launch of the GSL games.

Also, will Tasteless and Artosis be casting the games live, or from replays? There have been some speculation pointing towards the latter.
What this
JunkkaGom
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)855 Posts
August 30 2010 09:34 GMT
#291
On August 30 2010 18:24 Rampager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.


Junkka, you are awesome. Thank you very much for the information and making the GSL accessible internationally (and going through the trouble to post on TL.net) and most of all thanks for getting Nick and Dan to cast these games, it's going to be amazing


np, that's what I get paid for after all .
Workload overwhelming. It is a good day to work
Manaldski
Profile Joined January 2004
229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 09:39:08
August 30 2010 09:35 GMT
#292
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active, but we are really busy down here at GomTV.
We have just finnished making brackets for RO64. I know many of you are very curious about it, but all I can say is that it will be confidential for now.

As for the opening match, I mentioned before that there will be 16 players playing. It seems I was misinformed. There will be 4 selected players from RO64, which means there will be 2 matches(3 games per match, the best two wins).

Well I guess another big questions everyone has is "How the hell do we watch the games?!"
We will upload them on http://www.gomtv.net. It is NOT in Korean and you do NOT need to pay.

"What about commentaries?! Do we have to watch it listening to Korean jibberish?" Not to worry. Dan(Artosis) and Nick(Tasteless) are going to provide English commentaries.

If by any chance some of you already live in Korea or are planning to come to Korea this week. The opening match will be held at KBS 88 Stadium at 7pm KST on 4th of September. It's free and all the players that participated in the preliminaries will be given VIP seats and presents.

For further information do not hesitate to email me : junkka@gretech.com


Very nice, but can you also optimize your streaming service for viewers outside Asia, usually the GOMTV streams/VODs are very choppy, pretty much unwatchable for the majority of people even at the low quality settings. And I know that the issue is not only with the fact that you are based in Korea since a lot of people can watch OGN streams without any lag.
JunkkaGom
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)855 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 09:44:37
August 30 2010 09:38 GMT
#293
On August 30 2010 18:31 Alphaes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active, but we are really busy down here at GomTV.
We have just finnished making brackets for RO64. I know many of you are very curious about it, but all I can say is that it will be confidential for now.

As for the opening match, I mentioned before that there will be 16 players playing. It seems I was misinformed. There will be 4 selected players from RO64, which means there will be 2 matches(3 games per match, the best two wins).

Well I guess another big questions everyone has is "How the hell do we watch the games?!"
We will upload them on http://www.gomtv.net. It is NOT in Korean and you do NOT need to pay.

"What about commentaries?! Do we have to watch it listening to Korean jibberish?" Not to worry. Dan(Artosis) and Nick(Tasteless) are going to provide English commentaries.

If by any chance some of you already live in Korea or are planning to come to Korea this week. The opening match will be held at KBS 88 Stadium at 7pm KST on 4th of September. It's free and all the players that participated in the preliminaries will be given VIP seats and presents.

For further information do not hesitate to email me : junkka@gretech.com


That website doesn't look like it's been updated in a long-time. It could really use a makeover for the launch of the GSL games.

Also, will Tasteless and Artosis be casting the games live, or from replays? There have been some speculation pointing towards the latter.


Yes the website does look out of date lol. The web design team is working very hard on it. Also you must understand that it is quite unclear what we should post as the schedule is still being planned. We expect we will be updating the site within this week.

As for the commentaries Nick and Dan are going to cast on the spot while observing the games through English client.
Workload overwhelming. It is a good day to work
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
August 30 2010 09:42 GMT
#294
Thanks for the updates, I really feel love from GOM <3

hooray e-sports!!
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
JunkkaGom
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)855 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 09:44:10
August 30 2010 09:42 GMT
#295
On August 30 2010 18:35 Manaldski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 17:53 JunkkaGom wrote:
Hello, me again.

I'm sorry that I haven't been very active, but we are really busy down here at GomTV.
We have just finnished making brackets for RO64. I know many of you are very curious about it, but all I can say is that it will be confidential for now.

As for the opening match, I mentioned before that there will be 16 players playing. It seems I was misinformed. There will be 4 selected players from RO64, which means there will be 2 matches(3 games per match, the best two wins).

Well I guess another big questions everyone has is "How the hell do we watch the games?!"
We will upload them on http://www.gomtv.net. It is NOT in Korean and you do NOT need to pay.

"What about commentaries?! Do we have to watch it listening to Korean jibberish?" Not to worry. Dan(Artosis) and Nick(Tasteless) are going to provide English commentaries.

If by any chance some of you already live in Korea or are planning to come to Korea this week. The opening match will be held at KBS 88 Stadium at 7pm KST on 4th of September. It's free and all the players that participated in the preliminaries will be given VIP seats and presents.

For further information do not hesitate to email me : junkka@gretech.com


Very nice, but can you also optimize your streaming service for viewers outside Asia, usually the GOMTV streams/VODs are very choppy, pretty much unwatchable for the majority of people even at the low quality settings. And I know that the issue is not only with the fact that you are based in Korea since a lot of people can watch OGN streams without any lag.


Yes we all feel it's a shame that we cannot provide high quality streams to those overseas as we do in our Korean website. We are planning to provide premium service in which you can pay for high resolution streams. I will report your opinion and try to make improvements.
Workload overwhelming. It is a good day to work
Nilaus
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark159 Posts
August 30 2010 09:46 GMT
#296
Thanks for the updates Junkka

I for one would be happy to shell out some of my hard-earned cash for a high-resolution stream watchable from outside Korean.

KevinAce
Profile Joined May 2010
United States101 Posts
August 30 2010 10:17 GMT
#297
I'll be attending the Sept 4th openers which Tasteless / Artosis will be casting I believe. Do you guys want me to bring my HD cam and get footage similar to what Artosis did (with a steadier hand of course) for the qualifiers?
LootMarket.com
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
August 30 2010 10:38 GMT
#298
Absolutely, any coverage in Korea is good coverage.
Commentator
koshka
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany181 Posts
August 30 2010 10:40 GMT
#299
On August 30 2010 19:17 KevinAce wrote:
I'll be attending the Sept 4th openers which Tasteless / Artosis will be casting I believe. Do you guys want me to bring my HD cam and get footage similar to what Artosis did (with a steadier hand of course) for the qualifiers?


sure, do it. more nerd paparazzi hehe
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 30 2010 10:40 GMT
#300
i love that you take your time to get us info and read our feedback JunkkaGom, we really really apreciate it alot <3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 165
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 511
HiyA 211
Mong 63
Shine 55
Bale 35
NotJumperer 34
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 824
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft355
Livibee121
olofmeister95
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2387
League of Legends
• Lourlo1393
• Rush1393
• Stunt461
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.