• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

[GSL] Liquid`HuK Code A Ro16 Foreigner Special

Forum Index > News
235 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All

[GSL] Liquid`HuK Code A Ro16 Foreigner Special

Text byHot_Bid
March 2nd, 2011 15:49 GMT
[image loading]

GSL Code A Ro16 Foreigner Special: Liquid`HuK
By Hot_Bid

[image loading]



Liquid`HuK | TSL_Revival

P1 Game 1 - Crossfire SE Z7
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
The game opens standard for both players, with HuK going sentry warpgate expand while Revival opens speedling expand. Revival pokes around with some speedlings and upon scouting Huk's warping expansion nexus, immediately techs to roaches and burrow. Presumably Revival saw Huk's sentry heavy composition in his Ro32 match and felt a fast 2-base burrow roach attack would be stroke.

[image loading]


Huk hallucinates a few rounds of phoenixes to scout, but completely misses Revival's large roach army advancing up the left side of the map. This results in Huk chasing a small roach group down the center of the map while a larger roach army breaks Huk's front cannons, denying him detection.

[image loading]


[image loading]


With no cannons and a late observer, Huk cannot kill Revival's initial group of burrowed roaches. This allows Revival to have a nice firing arc on Huk's units, and when Huk's forcefield energy runs out, he is forced to GG. [11:10]

[image loading]


[image loading]


P12 Game 2 - Terminus RE Z6
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
The players spawn cross positions. Huk opens forge expand while Revival opens speedling expand. After chasing off Huk's probe, Revival cancels the hatchery and puts down a roach warren for a fast roach bust. When Revival's roaches arrive at Huk's natural, they see two cannons and sentries defending.

[image loading]


Revival pushes forward while Huk desperately attempts to warp in more defensive units and buildings.

[image loading]


[image loading]


Huk drops some clutch forcefields and barely holds the rush.

[image loading]


Revival retreats and attempts to double expand, but only has half of Huk's worker count. Huk waits for observer and +1 weapons before moving out, and his army is just too large for Revival to defend. [12:11]

[image loading]


[image loading]


P5 Game 3 - Shakuras Plateau Z7
+ Show Spoiler [Show Recap] +
Huk opens nexus before forge even though Revival opens pool first. However, Revival only makes two lings and Huk walls himself in before they can enter his natural. Huk transitions into warpgates and robo while Revival immediately takes a third base. Huk moves out with stalker sentry but is forced to retreat by large roach numbers.

[image loading]


Revival takes a fourth base and successfully contains Huk on two bases with his roach army. Huk finally moves out after getting blink and several immortals, and successfully eliminates most of the roach army with some nice forcefields and a blink that shields his immortals.

[image loading]


However, Revival again forces Huk to retreat with huge numbers of reinforcing speedlings. Huk is forced to cancel his third base and wait for storm before moving out again.

[image loading]


[image loading]


By the time Huk finally pushes out to take his third, Revival has four bases and is almost on hive tech. Huk, now distance mining, lands two storms on burrowed lings and finally secures his third base.

[image loading]


[image loading]


The armies engage again, and Huk comes out on top with some nice storms.

[image loading]


Revival techs to hive and broodlords while putting a ton of spine crawlers in the center. Huk responds by taking his fourth base. Both players have maxed armies at this point and just jockey for position without fully engaging. Revival counters around the top lane, forcing Huk's army to come back and defend.

[image loading]


Revival's broodlords start attacking Huk's third, supported by roaches, lings, and four infestors. Huk sees this with an obs and engages perfectly, using feedback on three of the infestors and forcing the broodlords to retreat using blink stalkers.

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


No longer ahead and facing a split-map situation, Revival makes a critical error and switches tech trees to ultralisks. The ultras just get completely rolled by Huk's archon and immortal heavy army composition.

[image loading]


Huk then just eliminates Revival's last two mining bases and completes the comeback. [31:30]

[image loading]


[image loading]




TLAF-Liquid`HuK Post Game Interview


[image loading]
Image by Playxp


Congrats. That was a close one!

I can't believe I didn't lose, lol.

Let's revisit the games. In the first game your units were out of position when the burrowed roaches attacked.

I scouted I think twice or three times with double phoenix hallucinations to see what he was up to, and for some reason at some point he sent like 10-12 roaches to the left without my phoenixes catching them. So I had no idea he produced that many. Just an unlucky scout I guess, and he hit some kind of timing where I didn't catch them producing or moving out, so I underestimated how much he was all-ining.

In Game 2, he canceled his natural hatchery to do a fast roach rush. Many people thought you were dead, was your build prepared to defend that type of rush?

Well, my build is decent against it, luckily I put two cannons instead of one. In practice games I lost to this all-in often just because sometimes I'm too confidence in my micro without having enough units to actually micro with.

Did you sense the rush coming? What went through your mind when you saw his roaches?

I had no idea what he was doing and I scouted with my probe so I figured he was just going to play macro game from behind, but knowing his fast gas opening I was nervous about some kind of all-in (baneling, nydus, roach, whatever). I didn't think to much when he actually attacked beyond "oh shit".

What was your mindset before Game 3?

I actually wasn't that nervous and just wanted to get into it and get started. Kind of was hoping he would try to all-in me again.

You chose not to go colossus tech, but your opponent limited you to two bases for a very long time. What were your thoughts during Game 3? Did you know how behind you were?

I'm not sure lol, you tell me... I felt really really behind though. My mid game was horrible, I thought I was dead, but I wanted to keep fighting anyways.

What put Revival ahead that game? What allowed you to come back?

He had really good timing as far as when he could drone hard and when/how many units he had to produce to defend. Then after that he just controlled the map well and covered most of my outs. What allowed me to come back was my army composition was way more cost effective then colossus/stalker and harder to win battles against with just a-moving.

Were you worried when you saw the broodlords? Were you surprised when he stopped making them and continued to make ultralisks?

I was really worried when I saw them, but once I saw what position he was in and what he was trying to do with the infestors I thought I could micro and win a battle despite being way behind. I wasn't that surprised because although they did damage, I don't think they did as much damage as he hoped. But making ultralisks definitely was a mistake for how many immortals and archons I had.

You smiled and winked at the camera after the win, did the ceremony mean anything special? It seemed like you were not worried for a second despite the close call in Game 3.

I only did that celebration because my friends wanted me to do the wink and cocky smile, then some other friends wanted me to do troll face so I tried to combine them both and have fun with it. So shout-out to Reborn / and my girls . Other then that it had no meaning. I was definitely behind Game 3 and it was a comeback -- I was as worried as everyone else I'm sure.

[image loading]


You seem to have an interesting friendship with John the translator. Are you guys good friends? He asks you some pretty funny questions.

I don't know about good friends, I'll let John make that distinction if he wants. But we're definitely friends and I'm glad we both can provide nice interviews lol.

The camera caught you calling him a troll. What is he like outside the translator booth?

We joke around all the time he always wants me to lose so he doesn't have to show up to Code A to do his job, lol. Other than that, we've had some interesting phone calls, hes a great guy though, very real and fun.

You also mentioned in the interview that Rainbow's girlfriend was attractive. Do you like the Korean girls?

Haha, well that comment is more of a kind of inside joke when I first got to Korea between me, Cella, Boxer's wife, Rainbow, and Rainbow's girlfriend, but he knows it all in good fun. But seriously, she is a cutie. Yes, Korean girls are very cute.

Who is the best with the girls in the oGs / Liquid house?

I don't know who is the best to be honest. I haven't seen all their game yet, only some.

You are now one step closer to your goal of winning Code A. Your next round opponent is Losira, who looked very dominant in his series against August.

Me and Losira have a lot of ladder history and are friends so it should be interesting. If he hatches before pool I hope he worked on his drone defense vs cannons because I've had a lot of drunk and crazy games versus him on stream yelling into mic and such lol. I'm really happy he won and I have been cheering for him. It should be interesting games.

Any last words for your fans?

Of course always, I love you so much thank you for all your support... I appreciate everything. My friends and family also thank you so much. Keep fighting!




Next: More action in Code S Round of 16 and Code A Round of 8

TLAF-Liquid`Jinro faces off against HongUnPrime.WE in the Code S Round of 16. Also, TLAF-Liquid`HuK's run in Code A continues against IM.Losira.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 20:09:44
March 02 2011 15:50 GMT
#2
To all the nonbelievers! TO ALL THE NONBELIEVERS! Especially you Geoff Robinson. Way to have HuK's back Greg. Anybody can be beat!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
March 02 2011 15:54 GMT
#3
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK! <3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
HeIios
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2523 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 15:57:25
March 02 2011 15:56 GMT
#4
Haha, well that comment is more of a kind of inside joke when I first got to Korea between me, Cella, Boxer's wife, Rainbow, and Rainbow's girlfriend, but he knows it all in good fun. But seriously, she is a cutie. Yes, Korean girls are very cute.


Sounds like a great story, maybe one day...

Of course always, I love you so much thank you for all your support... I appreciate everything. My friends and family also thank you so much. Keep fighting!


<3! I will be cheering for you since you stole my heart.

[edit] Gonna read the recap when I get home, thanks Hot_Bid.
d_e_x
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland41 Posts
March 02 2011 15:57 GMT
#5
Good job Huk! I hope You will win Code A
Liquid fighting!!
:D
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
March 02 2011 15:57 GMT
#6
Those games blew my mind, the second one was an amazing hold but after Huk held it was easy to see he was going to win. The third game though oh man i have never been so nervous watching a game in a long time. Well played by Huk in the late game, he kept calm and just played it out very well done.
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
March 02 2011 15:58 GMT
#7
Huk Fighting!! Next stop number 1!
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
March 02 2011 16:00 GMT
#8
Yay HuK!!!! That was such a close series. I can't wait for his series against Losira..
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
BMM
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom50 Posts
March 02 2011 16:00 GMT
#9
wp Huk contine to keep crushing :D
"Show me the money"
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
March 02 2011 16:00 GMT
#10
HuK fighting! gotta rewatch those games...
@nowSimon
Iggnite
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
March 02 2011 16:02 GMT
#11
MY BOI HUK ALWAYS HWAITTTTINGGGGGG <3
All about the big plays
red_hq
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
March 02 2011 16:02 GMT
#12
oh huk such a bad troll face, those games were crazy close.

You deserve the win man keep going.
Get some 'good' Dota 2: twitch.tv/redhq
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
March 02 2011 16:02 GMT
#13
Wow this was crazy fast! I was gonna ask for a recap of the games in the LR thread, but I saw this was already up.

Good Job!
KakashiX
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom132 Posts
March 02 2011 16:03 GMT
#14
great interview well done
bleghhghfgfg
Buffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden665 Posts
March 02 2011 16:04 GMT
#15
Hope we have another liquid member in Code S soon ! Go HuK !
Yes I am
t3tsubo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada682 Posts
March 02 2011 16:04 GMT
#16
why was there no foreigner special for ret?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 02 2011 16:04 GMT
#17
Glad to see huk doing well. Hope huk and jinro get far this season!
Official Entusman #21
StarN
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2587 Posts
March 02 2011 16:05 GMT
#18
the last game had me on the edge of the seat. I'm so glad HuK won
Retired BW Noob
aeoliant
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada361 Posts
March 02 2011 16:07 GMT
#19
gogogogo HuK! Canada represent!
ANoise
Profile Joined February 2011
United States67 Posts
March 02 2011 16:10 GMT
#20
Great games, thanks for the write-up and interview! Good Luck to HuK winning against Losira and in the finals!
Si, abbiamo un anima. Ma'e fatta piccoli di tanti robot.
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 655
UpATreeSC 122
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19414
firebathero 190
Rush 134
Dewaltoss 88
Shine 24
Sexy 20
Bale 14
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7853
qojqva1425
monkeys_forever90
Counter-Strike
fl0m1562
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1858
crisheroes1251
Liquid`Hasu656
XaKoH 155
MindelVK8
Other Games
Grubby2992
FrodaN842
Beastyqt792
ceh9642
summit1g504
ArmadaUGS194
byalli161
KnowMe160
C9.Mang0149
Hui .145
QueenE96
Trikslyr64
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 11
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1729
League of Legends
• TFBlade1168
Other Games
• imaqtpie858
• Shiphtur243
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 18m
Stellar Fest
18h 18m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.