• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7510 users

[OSL] Cruising Altitude - Page 2

Forum Index > News
64 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
April 22 2010 05:38 GMT
#21
wow... that's was lonnnnng... But phenomenal write up nevertheless given the time, effort, depth and awesome pics included.

Pure and Effort getting through in 7 hour of below par games was hard to watch on TLPD. As much as I like Baby's current form and think he could take out the OSL, Flash is probably too strong and Flash vs Movie rematch of the last OSL final would be awesome.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44325 Posts
April 22 2010 05:40 GMT
#22
On April 22 2010 14:20 Jayme wrote:
Kwark predicted a 2-1 Baby win?

That's some good stuff you got there Kwark, where can I get some? :p

Like anyone gets any credit for predicting Flash winning at anything. It's a Pascal's wager.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
April 22 2010 05:48 GMT
#23
Kwark wants to replace kim carrier as Main OSL predictor
in The Kong line forever
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 22 2010 06:26 GMT
#24
Alternatively, "breathe out, so I can breathe you in" (said with sardonic, desperate hope).

Wonderful read.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
D4C3
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4 Posts
April 22 2010 07:01 GMT
#25
The picture captions made me laugh out loud hysterically, while my darling mother shot me a very perplexed stare...
Rawrr!
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
April 22 2010 07:07 GMT
#26
In the above game, as Go.go tried to defend inside his mineral line, his marine started to attack his command center. As if to punish his marine for treason, an SCV welded the offending marine to death.


For some reason this was absolutely hilarious. I was literally laughing so hard I was almost crying.

I’m not sure why this was so funny, probably just the thought that someone would actually do that in a pro-match. But the wording certainly made it funnier.

Nice write up by the way.

And regarding the Flash vs. Baby match coming up. I think out of the remaining people in the OSL Baby has the highest chance of beating Flash. I think Flash will win, but Baby might just be able to squeeze by, if he shows some phenomenal play.

The only other person that I think might be able to beat Flash is Kal, because he’s pretty good. But considering Kal’s been losing to Flash in their recent games, it would be a stretch for even Kal to claim victory.
Jugan
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1566 Posts
April 22 2010 07:07 GMT
#27
On April 22 2010 14:23 Roffles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2010 14:22 Ideas wrote:
not enough kal vs forgg hype

None needed when Kal's gonna landslide the newbie. Why hype a one sided affair?


exactly. it would be like hyping jaedong vs. my little brother.
Even a Savior couldn't fix all problems. www.twitch.tv/xJugan
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
April 22 2010 07:07 GMT
#28
hopefully forgg vs kal will be as epic as it was in arena msl
brood war for life, brood war forever
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
April 22 2010 07:09 GMT
#29
Great write-up, A+
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
April 22 2010 07:18 GMT
#30
--- Nuked ---
FireGuyX
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1712 Posts
April 22 2010 07:28 GMT
#31
I predict Effort will beat Zero. I expect Move and Flash to advance in the quarterfinals. ForGG vs Kal is a tossup.
Flash, ForGG, and Movie fan.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44325 Posts
April 22 2010 07:30 GMT
#32
On April 22 2010 16:18 boesthius wrote:
i look back on those games with horror.

[image loading]
19/04/10
Never forget.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
April 22 2010 07:31 GMT
#33
I love the (Z)EffOrt you and Kwark put into this. I wish I could write like you, though I think some of the references were a little too obscure.
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
April 22 2010 07:32 GMT
#34
--- Nuked ---
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
April 22 2010 07:38 GMT
#35
On April 22 2010 16:31 Saracen wrote:
I love the (Z)EffOrt you and Kwark put into this. I wish I could write like you, though I think some of the references were a little too obscure.


I'm an inconsiderate writer who does things for my own amusement :o
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Alethios
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
New Zealand2765 Posts
April 22 2010 07:51 GMT
#36
On April 22 2010 13:55 Waxangel wrote:
Take away Kal’s three losses to Flash (anyone would have lost except…. Stork? Bisu? Yeah, anyone would have lost), and we can see that he’s been very good at PvT lately, just like he’s been very good at everything. The only thing going for ForGG is that as a former champion, he always brings something extra to the big games. It’s not going to be enough.

Anyone except Nal_rA!

Thanks for the epic-ly long write up! I've been struggling to keep up with the OSL these days.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 08:02:04
April 22 2010 07:54 GMT
#37
Awesome, great post

On April 22 2010 14:40 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2010 14:20 Jayme wrote:
Kwark predicted a 2-1 Baby win?

That's some good stuff you got there Kwark, where can I get some? :p

Like anyone gets any credit for predicting Flash winning at anything. It's a Pascal's wager.


haha, you're awesome :D
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44325 Posts
April 22 2010 07:58 GMT
#38
On April 22 2010 16:38 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2010 16:31 Saracen wrote:
I love the (Z)EffOrt you and Kwark put into this. I wish I could write like you, though I think some of the references were a little too obscure.


I'm an inconsiderate writer who does things for my own amusement :o

Whereas I'm so considerate that I self censor myself, despite it sucking out the amusement.
It'd be way more fun if I could just go "go.go thought it'd be a good idea to make just a handful of marines out of one rax, then make the rax incapable of producing marines, then suicide the marines he had. From this we can conclude that go.go is fucking retarded".
Alas, I have to dress it up slightly more professionally in my official capacity.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8138 Posts
April 22 2010 08:28 GMT
#39
Awesome write up!

I know ForGG is going to pull out something unbeatable for Kal in the Ro8. I can feel it! Haha. Kal has been pretty beastly in PvT recently though >.<
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
April 22 2010 08:46 GMT
#40
Thanks for such a great read and coverage
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft420
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft420
RuFF_SC2 132
Nina 101
-ZergGirl 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2348
Bale 17
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1163
taco 394
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox617
Other Games
summit1g7358
JimRising 687
Day[9].tv500
C9.Mang0392
WinterStarcraft244
ViBE172
Livibee138
Maynarde135
Sick130
ArmadaUGS29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1065
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 17
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 6m
Stellar Fest
10h 6m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.