• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:12
CEST 02:12
KST 09:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7991 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 12:57 GMT
#942
Alright that's not a fear read (a fear read to me is a non-read on a player who outplayed as Mafia or a refusal to read someone who is difficult to read in general), which is why I misunderstood, but that last post I see what you mean. You're obviously posting so that's out the window, so the current null read can change depending on what I see.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:07 GMT
#1095
On my way home from work. Trying to skim on mobile at the moment, but looks like filter diving some of the walls is best done on my desktop...

Going to catch-up/cram 1-2h on this when I get home...because I get to do it all over again tomorrow working 0800-2200 again.... (read: another sporadic as shit day)

Someone vig me please.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:16 GMT
#1099
Just skimming I'd rec swapping SL for Artanis but I'll confirm when I do the deep diving.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:17 GMT
#1101
On November 05 2015 07:16 Half the Sky wrote:
Just skimming I'd rec swapping SL for Artanis but I'll confirm when I do the deep diving.


EBWOP Explanation being Artanis seems town from latest round of posting and bit more confident than him than of SL. Obv need to make sure I didn't miss anything.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:22 GMT
#1105
On November 05 2015 07:20 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 07:16 Half the Sky wrote:
Just skimming I'd rec swapping SL for Artanis but I'll confirm when I do the deep diving.

Can't believe I agree with HTS. If deadline was right now, I wouldn't vote a team with SL, I would vote a team with Arta.


What temperature is it in hell again?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:28 GMT
#1112
I have no idea (still on mobile) who is trying to meta Xatalos but whoever is, the most efficient/effective way is how detailed vs shallow his reads are on people. Not filter length. There have been several cases made against scum Xatalos in Carol and Assassination Mafia on the quality of his reads.

I'm not saying he's scum but just saying that's how you should meta him.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 22:49 GMT
#1120
On November 05 2015 07:39 Xatalos wrote:
Decisions, decisions....

Gut still says SL. In any case, it's not like Artanis or Superbia are probable scum either...

Will probably go with SL and hope he appears tomorrow to do some good stuff. If not, we can just reject the team and go with Artanis anyway since he's apparently next...


Why are you hoping someone will show town instead of someone that already has?

The rationale doesn't make sense.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:16 GMT
#1138
On November 05 2015 08:03 Superbia wrote:
This one is probably going to get rejected straight out bc there's a good chance SL will just continue to lurk. =/ Artanis would've gotten some votes.


That was semi-what I was getting at in my last query to Xatalos. Eh...

I'm a bit settled so now I can really do some serious reading before bed...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:21 GMT
#1144
On November 05 2015 08:20 kitaman27 wrote:
lol this game is really going to drag on isn't it. Two down, twenty three to go. XD

Need to play hangman or something.


I don't get it...

(still reading)
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:21 GMT
#1145
ehhhh fml, it's so late here I'm not thinking clearly.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:22 GMT
#1146
On November 04 2015 23:46 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 23:42 Rels wrote:
On November 04 2015 20:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Since this worked so well for me last time I'm gonna go and do it again. Reads of X on Y below:
[image loading]
Things of note after I went through the filters:
-Superbia doesn't have many opinions at all. I don't like it. He was honed into one thing and one thing alone for a while and didn't really come to anything from it.
-I actually came off with a pretty strong townread on sl from it, which I was surprised by. He seems very open and aggressive in his posting which I didn't get from him when he was scum. Seems to actually be trying to do stuff.
-Surprised so many people scumread Rels still. He seems really active to me and pushing things. Can people explain this?
-Still actually kinda leaning scum on HtS. She seems highly defensive, and in hindsight I still don't really like how she mentioned how I didn't have much time, yet still tried to push a fear read based on not doing much.

Also, Rayn should be on whichever next mission. I also find it odd that shockeyy's actually suspicious of him, I'm not sure that's actually a good play as mafia to do but eh. Could be newbie scum I suppose.

That is awesome! Thanks for that, that will be useful later. You're probably town for this effort too.


Even though the last game he is referring to with this chart was how he tricked people to trust him as mafia?


Kita, what game do you mean?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:22 GMT
#1147
I know Toadesstern used a similar chart in Guardians of the Galaxy carrying mafia, but I don't remember where Artanis did...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:24 GMT
#1148
Last two scum games by Artanis -

Imperial (he pulled this in Imperial? I know he carried like a boss and will prob win the mafia performance of the year, but I don't remember a chart????)

NSM 6 - he didn't do jack all in that game from what I recall and I know as I replaced out that game.

I think you had the wrong person Kita?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:28 GMT
#1151
Meh....nvm, Artanis corrected him. Was going to say....

eh....no change on my reads on Artanis. Reading pages 3-4 of his filter and not really finding any mafia motivation in his posts. Reading his queries (993/998) on Superbia and probably will read Superbia a bit closely now...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:36 GMT
#1153
On November 05 2015 08:25 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 08:22 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 04 2015 23:46 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 04 2015 23:42 Rels wrote:
On November 04 2015 20:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Since this worked so well for me last time I'm gonna go and do it again. Reads of X on Y below:
[image loading]
Things of note after I went through the filters:
-Superbia doesn't have many opinions at all. I don't like it. He was honed into one thing and one thing alone for a while and didn't really come to anything from it.
-I actually came off with a pretty strong townread on sl from it, which I was surprised by. He seems very open and aggressive in his posting which I didn't get from him when he was scum. Seems to actually be trying to do stuff.
-Surprised so many people scumread Rels still. He seems really active to me and pushing things. Can people explain this?
-Still actually kinda leaning scum on HtS. She seems highly defensive, and in hindsight I still don't really like how she mentioned how I didn't have much time, yet still tried to push a fear read based on not doing much.

Also, Rayn should be on whichever next mission. I also find it odd that shockeyy's actually suspicious of him, I'm not sure that's actually a good play as mafia to do but eh. Could be newbie scum I suppose.

That is awesome! Thanks for that, that will be useful later. You're probably town for this effort too.


Even though the last game he is referring to with this chart was how he tricked people to trust him as mafia?


Kita, what game do you mean?


That ship has sailed. He was actually town. Was curious if someone would take a look at the game to draw conclusions and say something along the lines of "wait a minute, Artanis was actually town that game!" for free town points. Probably a long shot anyways.


Yeh yeh, my mistake, I am sort of trying to catch up before I go to bed.

I'm not sure how I feel about the sicklucker inclusion right now, because at this stage I feel there's a decent chunk of information that a more towny team could have been put up and sicklucker's inclusion is still (whilst I lean town still on him) weaker than Artanis. rayn is a townread so I get his point wasn't likely mafia motivated but I'm sort of still stuck on why you'd use the nomination to motivate someone who has been lurking and (if scum and people are wrong on him) could be disastrous. Maybe a scum sicklucker might pass this one and fail another later on (yes folks I brought this up before don't shoot me) who knows.

I realise this is all hypothetical but I just didn't understand the rationale for keeping the team the way it was. Meh.

We'll see what SL does the next 24 hours...at the very least, make it somewhat easier to determine your alignment?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:41 GMT
#1154
Aiming for until 12:30am or so... (another 45m) so if anyone wants to talk, please do.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:52 GMT
#1155
On November 05 2015 01:27 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 01:22 Rels wrote:
On November 05 2015 01:18 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 05 2015 01:12 Rels wrote:
On November 05 2015 01:06 Superbia wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:58 Rels wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:55 Superbia wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:52 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:50 Superbia wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:48 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
[quote]
I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is. At the start of it you mention how you want Rels to walk you through his argument, but then you proceed to trash him and explain your scumread moreso than that you seem to be looking for an explanation. Do you have any questions for him in specific?


Read the post the answer quotes. There are questions left unanswered, and the answer is very "uncaring". If that makes sense. I put effort into my post, and the effort in the answer is just, it doesn't fucking tell me anything new.

Alright, okay. Your TMI argument doesn't really make sense to me though. You say he's working from a TMI perspective in which he knows Xata is town and you're scum. Somehow I doubt this is the argument you're actually trying to make.


My initial problem with rels (the TMI one) is this:
- He starts off by saying he will "eventually" read Xat (d3 or so, iirc).
- He scum-reads on me for the reasoning he has given, but that reasoning strictly works if Xat is town (But he has no read on him?).

False. The read is based on something illogical, and has not link with Xata's alignement.


Has an absolute link with Xata's alignment. I am pushing Xata for something you deem illogical. Fair enough, but the scum-read indicates Xata is town. Else I am scum-reading Scum-Xata as scum for an illogical reason- why?

On November 05 2015 00:58 Rels wrote:
On November 05 2015 00:55 Superbia wrote:
That was my initial TMI read on Rels. It may still be true, but I'm mainly focused on the fact that is he hammering this shit home, even though he should've either re-evaluated or evolved his read from here.

False. I just said it was a small scum indication and that I was waiting to see where Superbia would do next.


You have been unable to properly evaluate my early-play, even though I have walked through it and explained it, in a post you have conveniently pretty much ignored. Have been ignoring my queries to in-depth evaluate it and other questions (which I cannot recall, but they were probably important). Moreover, you have put 0 effort from that point on to evaluate me in any sort of way (from what I can tell).

Like my fucking nightmare scenario in this game is if you are actually town -as I am evaluating this game from the point of view in which you are mafia- but I cannot believe it at this point in time.

Don't talk to me scum. You're using this excuse to completely shut up about anything else. GTFO or talk about something else.

Do you have to be this obtuse? Can't we all just be nice? :/

I'm obtuse ???????
The guy comes back after two days of fucking nothing, is still blabing about the same stuff, and don't answer your questions. Now he found the perfect excuse to scumread me and not talk about anything else.
Why are starting to think he's town ? Because he gets angry ?

He's either mad because he's scum in which case you have no reason to be mad at him for playing to his win condition, or he's mad because he's being tunneled wrongfully. Neither is really anything you should be mad at him about.

I think he might be town because he seems to really believe in what he's saying. I don't think there's any other reason to stretch it as much as he has.


Read Superbia's interactions with Rels. Read his posts multiple times and this is where I am with the former (above) on that latest exchange. Reading on...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 04 2015 23:57 GMT
#1157
On November 05 2015 01:43 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 01:40 Xatalos wrote:
On November 05 2015 01:35 Superbia wrote:
Kind of nowhere. It's PoE. I expect town SL to be a lot more involved and active. He hasn't really done anything this game. He has done this before as town, but I can read him when he's doing shit, not when he's not. So he goes in the back of the PoE list.


Has he / do you expect he would take this attitude as scum? Isn't it actually good for him here that he plays similarly as town?

I'm also considering Artanis atm though, liked his recent posts. About you, I'm not quite so sure on.


I'm not sure what SL's scum-play is there days. I think it's usually pretty easy to read him if he's not lurking. The fact that he's not coming up with weird ass logic/strategies this game is troubling.


Yeh this is what is making it a bit difficult for me to be a little more confident on him as either alignment. I think of his town games like JOAT, NSM 9 (that game he was a bit more illogical and he almost got policy lynched day 3!!!) and in his scum games (TL LXX, Void, Drams, a few others) he does get in there and shit up the thread. I think if I remember LXX and Void especially correctly there was some content in there with intent to deceive and I think this is how Holyflare caught him both those games, but he was between that and a series of illogical crap. It's taken me 10+ games to try and read him a bit more reliably in general, but this game, this is the least I've seen him post as either alignment. 2+ pages so far...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 05 2015 00:03 GMT
#1158
On November 05 2015 08:56 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 08:41 Half the Sky wrote:
Aiming for until 12:30am or so... (another 45m) so if anyone wants to talk, please do.


You don't need give details or anything, but where would you everyone one through nine in terms of trustworthiness?


With nine being most trustworthy

kitaman27 6
ShoCkeyy 2 at most
Rels - um, zero?
Artanis[Xp] 7-8
Xatalos 7
Superbia 6
raynpelikoneet - 8-9
sicklucker 5 at most (although I'm atm trying to evaluate him on what he does have...)

I am aware that Rels, you, Superbia have pretty damned capable scum games so there is some caution with some of the ratings.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 05 2015 00:10 GMT
#1163
On November 04 2015 20:35 sicklucker wrote:
Its also not me being biased the chart says were the top 3 towns more or less as no one scum reads us. I know you town read artanis so from your pov if your town submitting that team makes sense.

No one understands the logic of putting yourself in the team better then me but you also need that team to pass and its only attempt 2 of 5 so people are still very picky like me. Also if the said mission passes it would make a likely town circle of 4 people rather then 3 im not totally sure the mechanics but that seems like a good spot to be in.


Hmmm somewhat dangerous sentiment if we might be collectively wrong on one player. Eh....could be reading too much into this.

But in post 917, he says he's going to veto any Xatalos (I assume he infers on the team Xatalos being on the team). So how does he know or realise - from his own POV - he wouldn't submit a scumbuddy and then goes to say that it's a "likely" town circle of 4 instead of 3 when it's possible (again I bring this point up from before) that someone who passes a first mission who is spy can always fail a subsequent mission later.

If he doesn't trust Xatalos on a team and then suggests Artanis wouldn't have the balls to fail it then he jumps to a likely town circle of 4 people....

....it's quite illogical.

Mafia motivated? Thoughts?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12581
Rain 1775
Artosis 789
White-Ra 220
ToSsGirL 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever647
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4286
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1487
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1887
WinterStarcraft80
Other Games
summit1g9022
shahzam708
Day[9].tv597
ArmadaUGS523
JimRising 490
C9.Mang0313
ViBE138
Maynarde117
Trikslyr53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick745
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1188
• Day9tv597
• Shiphtur274
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 48m
OSC
12h 48m
Stellar Fest
12h 48m
OSC
23h 48m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.