• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:13
CEST 07:13
KST 14:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9127 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 25 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 10 2015 22:04 GMT
#2284
I haven't finished reading but I'll try and do so when I get home.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 10 2015 23:24 GMT
#2294
On November 11 2015 08:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You need to understand. .. HtS, that just because i say "fuck you" to you or to anyone, instead of you telling me "you played bad" in a game where i found all scum it does not make me toxic.. ever.. sure you can try, but when i call out your bs take it, or prove me wrong.

It makes you delusional. I say what i think. Just because you are more sensitive with words or as a person what the fuck ever idc. Get your facts straight and dont feed ppl with bs.


I will be saving an appropriate response for this in the post-game as some of the problems here in question go beyond this game or really anyone's gameplay.

I will leave it at that.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 10 2015 23:27 GMT
#2295
On November 11 2015 08:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Afk 24h, if the mission passes we autowin anyway since we can just send the same mission 2 more times.


The autowin part is not entirely true, but for obvious reasons I won't go into detail.

We'll see what happens in 24h, I should have some breathing room to play tomorrow.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 10 2015 23:30 GMT
#2297
Hmm, I have a bad feeling about that vote.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 00:21 GMT
#2298
On November 11 2015 08:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2015 08:27 Half the Sky wrote:
On November 11 2015 08:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Afk 24h, if the mission passes we autowin anyway since we can just send the same mission 2 more times.


The autowin part is not entirely true, but for obvious reasons I won't go into detail.

We'll see what happens in 24h, I should have some breathing room to play tomorrow.

There's no reason for mafia to pass this mission then fail mission 3 when they'll just be identical if it passes anyway. If there's a spy on this mission he's going to fail it.


Judging by the votes (specifically only 2 no votes), this mission will fail.

(insert expletives here)
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 00:21 GMT
#2299
A round of dota and I'm off to bed.

Good night lovelies.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 01:13 GMT
#2310
Well my fault here is that I shouldn't have passed it without tinfoiling Kita, but reading Kita's filter atm and trying to compare it to Personality, ehhhhhh I still think he's town.

Vivax seemed okay at the time my vote went in, I put it through around lunchtime (EU) because I was fucking pressed for time with this game.

I accepted the fact that Rels could be town after a fresh (and attempt at being unbiased after seeing hsi filter), but upon seeing these votes, I very well could have been wrong - the fact that Artanis voted this team down and Rels upvoted it....IDK. My first thought - if this team fails and it likely will - is that the Rels/Artanis interaction is more likely that the former of the two is more likely scum. (I'm thinking the most likely scum in this group is between Rels/Vivax.)

Doubling back on his filter....there was a quote where Rels said he wanted Shockey on the team and (not so?) tinfoil me thinks a scum Rels could try to set Schokey up as a scapegoat. Food for thought.

rayn is 1000% town, this I am confident of.

And yeah before anyone keeps saying I'm scum for discussing this ahead of time, hear me out, are any of the above four (kita/rayn/Vivax/Rels) being scumread or heavily scumread? No.

At least one scum passed this. There's a reason why, folks.

Anyways, second attempt at going to bed. At least today (Wednesday) isn't a 15 hour day...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 01:14 GMT
#2311
I agree with you sicklucker. It won't pass. We are going into the equivalent of triple lylo.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 01:16 GMT
#2312
On November 11 2015 09:57 sicklucker wrote:
Like rels and shockey .HOW DO YOU VOTE YES HERE? Not only do you get to pick next, but I had already promised to put you on the garanteed team fi your teams you submitted did not pass.

IT MAKES NO SENSE

maybe you guys are just the mafia afterall


#yolo prediction of Xatalos/Rels/Shockey for post-game cred!!!!!

Okay, I was sort of kidding about Shockey, but see my previous post re: Rels. IDK.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 01:18 GMT
#2313
On November 11 2015 09:47 sicklucker wrote:
so many yes votes... well 0% chance this passes gg wp scum


Damn, don't give up. Take the information gained from this failure and work backwards. We're down, but we aren't out yet.

Good night.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 13:44 GMT
#2334
On November 11 2015 09:57 sicklucker wrote:
Like rels and shockey .HOW DO YOU VOTE YES HERE? Not only do you get to pick next, but I had already promised to put you on the garanteed team fi your teams you submitted did not pass.

IT MAKES NO SENSE

maybe you guys are just the mafia afterall


sicklucker -

tbf you wanted to put rels on your team, now you absolutely know you cannot. Like I said there is some information gained from this.

rayn even queried some suspicion on Rels JUST before this vote on this team passed that I think might warrant paying some attention.

I am reading and re-reading. Pay attention to that and Artanis' follow on Rels.

I am at Xatalos/Rels/TBD

Final mafia is between Kitaman/Vivax. It is not Shockey based on previous votes, and it's not you (especially with this vote). And I cannot see it being Artanis at all at this point particularly with this vote.

Now between Kita and Vivax, I had associative reasons that it's probably not Vivax's slot based on Xata's early game play but Superbia's lurkiness, even if NAI in the end, which you pushed SL, gave you some pause, so it might be worth it to at least re-eval his posts before he went completely afk.

I'm going to find the third mafia and then work backwards in constructing the cases. Right now, a team I know that will pass a mission based on everything I've looked through:

rayn/sicklucker/Artanis/Shockey

So if I absolutely cannot decide between Kita and Vivax (if Kita is mafia, then it's the point where I have to pretty much save Kita's filter somewhere and then try and solve the game on my flight tomorrow, which is about 8h) then we can start constructing the teams leaving both players out.

Since the entire game is scumreading me, I am purposely leaving myself off. but only because I know my own alignment, I'd swap myself for the individual I've least sure on (at this point Shockey) but I am sure the above four are clean.

rayn/sicklucker/Artanis/myself, I would be 100% confident the team would pass a 4-person mission.

This is where my head is.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 13:46 GMT
#2335
EBWOP - I'm going to try and find the third mafia and then work backwards...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 13:49 GMT
#2336
And.....back to work.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:29 GMT
#2347
On November 12 2015 02:28 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2015 10:13 Half the Sky wrote:
I accepted the fact that Rels could be town after a fresh (and attempt at being unbiased after seeing hsi filter), but upon seeing these votes, I very well could have been wrong - the fact that Artanis voted this team down and Rels upvoted it....IDK. My first thought - if this team fails and it likely will - is that the Rels/Artanis interaction is more likely that the former of the two is more likely scum. (I'm thinking the most likely scum in this group is between Rels/Vivax.)

Why am I more likely scum than Arta ?


The quote you highlighted is self-explanatory. A 7-2 vote indicates the team will fail or at the very least there is a spy on the team. Considering the state of the game it is very highly likely there is a spy. Artanis downvoting the team (aside from other things) is a massive point in his favour.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:38 GMT
#2348
On November 12 2015 02:34 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2015 23:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'm actually not that sure on you anymore because as I mentioned earlier for some reason I had 3 scumreads outside the initial 3 and I think HtS is very likely scum. Shockeyy also seems likely to be scum, though his brash I don't really care about anything attitude does make me wonder.

[...]

Regarding the vote: I'm toying with the idea of voting yay for it. Reasons being that so many people already indicated they may vote yay that if there's a scum on the mission, it's probably going to get the go ahead anyway and the only chance it doesn't get accepted is if it's actually pure.

Here Arta:
- says he's not suspicious of me anymore
- says he will vote YES
But in the end, after mostly everyone says they will vote YES, he ends up voting NO. Why ? It's not logical from his reads.
One explication could be that he's scum, he knows the team is infected, and he wanted to be on the right side of the votes for towncred. For the Xata / rayn / SL team he had to vote YES 'cause it wasn't obvious if it was going to pass or not without his vote; for this team, he could vote NO, have the team go and get the town cred.
I'm still going with the theory that the team is infiltrated, since if it's clean we won anyway.


"Not that sure" (what he said) and "not suspicious" (what you said) are two different things. At best, someone saying "I'm not sure on you" means they have at best a null on you.

And he said he was toying with it, not that he'd commit. Two different things. He already implied (bolded) what the count would be. If Artanis is scum it's sure not for that.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:39 GMT
#2349
rayn is in no way a spy. Zero.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:43 GMT
#2350
sicklucker, I know you are hard scumreading Kita, but you need to take a look at his interactions with Xatalos and Superbia. Here's why.

I looked at interactions between Kitaman and Superbia (now Vivax), Xatalos, and rayn, and the day 1 stuff all over again. Kita had a mafia lean on Xatalos and there was more dodgy interaction between Xatalos and Superbia which Kita pointed out.

Post #563 in light of all these and casting doubt on both Superbia and Xatalos....he's town.

sicklucker, I honestly do think that makes Kita town.

What do you think of the puzzle now if you were to look at day 1 again?

The final scumteam would put me at Rels/Xatalos/Superbia.

I need to now re-read filters, interactions, and reactions and take another look at the votes to see if this team makes sense.

I know I recall somewhere Rels had a reaction to either Kita's list or something that said along the lines of "oh yeah Xatalos did have more solid scumreads in Vanilla" or something of that sort.

That would most certainly support the Rels/Xatalos tie-in, it's just a poke that doesn't go anywhere which is mafia indicative. Nevermind it would make his questioning (IIRC it was him) of my meta argument for Xatalos being mafia more awkward considering he had agreed with Kita on a similar point.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:44 GMT
#2351
EBWOP - Because I fail at life.

The final scumteam would put me at Rels/Xatalos/Vivax.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:56 GMT
#2352
On November 12 2015 03:25 Vivax wrote:
Do you really think I can be spy with Xata, Rels? After what superbia did to him right at the start of D1?

For now we can just chill and wait for the outcome. All this speculation pre-result is even too tinfoil for me.


Kita made a good point as to why you sure could be.

On November 03 2015 00:07 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:41 Superbia wrote:
2. It downplays scum.

2 is super weird from a town perspective, and leans me more towards mafia. Regardless I feel like commenting on how "weak" mafia is is mafia indicative as it sets up for a lax game.


This seems like quite the over analysis for an intro one-liner. There doesn't have to be spy motivation in every post. Why conclude that he is somehow pushing an agenda where it benefits him to trick town into thinking the spies will get steam rolled.

Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:41 Superbia wrote:
I feel like if you were town and believed this you would've focused on the strength of town, rather than the weakness of mafia, and as a result, would've said something along the lines of "mafia gonna get #rekt #noqt" (or something less trolly)


Really a stretch here. More speculation without basis than anything.


This is where Kita was day 1. Obviously on the back on new information, and looking how he has interacted with people and THESE READS....

On November 04 2015 04:28 kitaman27 wrote:
Here are my reads so far. I'm sure they will change as time goes on. Admittedly there is a lot of wishy/washy or null reads. I'm still not completely sure about anyone really.

[...]

Xatalos - Leaning mafia

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 08:56 Xatalos wrote:
He was also constantly engaged with the thread... Not really sure how it's comparable to you.


This is a flat out false statement to justify his town read on Superbia. Superbia was NOT constantly engaged with the thread. He was absent aside from the start of the game, a 1 hour period where he made several posts, and a return post where he promised future reads. How can a player be both engaged and disconnected from the game at the same time. I question the validity of the town read because he isn't aware of Superbia's absence when several other players start to question the drop off.

Furthermore, he justifies the scum read on me by stating that I am ignoring discussion topics. That makes Xatalos's mindset look even worse when you compare it to his defense of Superbia. Superbia never even comments about the nomination aside from a 1-liner after the fact that he has never elaborated on. I shared my suspicions on both Superbia and Xatalos during the nomination phase and my satisfaction with both HTS and rayn as nominations. It seems like Xatalos generated his reads a few hours into the game and hasn't re-evaluated based on the events of the thread, which I view as a scum trait.

Superbia - Weakly leaning town

Superbia + Xatalos doesn't stand out as teammates and I think Xat looks worse between the two. That's probably the biggest reason that I have him slightly townier than NULL. If I re-evaluated my read on Xata, I'd probably need to do the same here.

Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:43 Superbia wrote:
I usually start off with lots of big town-reads, not sure where the rest of town is this game lol.


This post felt genuine.

He had no input regarding nominations. I won't necessarily interpret this as spy motivated since he has essentially been absent from the thread, rather than lurking.

Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:41 Superbia wrote:
Xat's initial post set me off. Saying something like "this is a nightmare for scum" has two results
1. It distances you from "scum".
2. It downplays scum.

1. Is NAI. 2 is super weird from a town perspective, and leans me more towards mafia. I feel like if you were town and believed this you would've focused on the strength of town, rather than the weakness of mafia, and as a result, would've said something along the lines of "mafia gonna get #rekt #noqt" (or something less trolly). Regardless I feel like commenting on how "weak" mafia is is mafia indicative as it sets up for a lax game.

Now I already had a very real suspicion that you knew that this set up is not a "nightmare" for scum, as you have played resistance(/avalon) before (noted by you correctly associating my merlin comment with avalon). So that double begs the question why you felt the need to point out that mafia was "weak".


I felt this post was exaggerated. He suggests that Xat is pushing a mafia agenda with the nightmare for scum post in order to catch town off guard. I simply don't think a mafia Xat is looking that far ahead. If anything, I'd say reason 1 makes more sense. Trying to interpret what a town Xat would enter the game as is a complete guessing game so I felt he was really stretching his read here.


AT THAT TIME, he mentioned they couldn't possibly stand out as teammates, but both have one major thing in common - the reads on each other were a stretch which is common(ish) when mafia need to discredit each other.

From the first failed mission I am 99.9% Xatalos is the saboteur, and the above plus sicklucker's points on Superbia (prior to the fully afk) lurky game make this combination a bit more likely. Again, let me remind everyone SUPERBIA HAD JACK ALL ON NOMS Day 1.

From a mafia mindset he might not have wanted to give anyone away! Thoughts?

Kita, Kita, Kita, where are you...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 11 2015 18:56 GMT
#2353
Dinner then dota, then more of this...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2077
Snow 139
Bale 23
Noble 15
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 315
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1210
Mew2King35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1370
WinterStarcraft652
Other Games
summit1g7735
JimRising 639
PiGStarcraft346
C9.Mang0182
Maynarde138
Sick132
ArmadaUGS120
RuFF_SC299
ViBE66
Livibee59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2169
League of Legends
• Lourlo1338
• Rush1192
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 47m
OSC
7h 47m
Stellar Fest
7h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.