• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 25 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 21:53 GMT
#1961
Shockey I quick-skimmed your filter (upon seeing Rels discuss you in his) - I know where you stand on rayn but what about Xatalos? Do you think they are both scum?

What do you think about what I posted on Xatalos and sicklucker's suggestion that Xatalos might have TMI on rayn?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 21:55 GMT
#1963
On November 03 2015 06:23 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 04:50 kitaman27 wrote:
I don't think I'm comfortable with Xatalos just yet.

Here is his read list from what I gathered. Basically all town and null reads.

Xatalos - Obviously town reads himself

Half the Sky - Strong town read

On November 03 2015 01:13 Xatalos wrote:
Well, she's clearly reading the thread and making original findings. Such as the way I inquired Superbia about his townread on me, or how you were making filler posts here and there.... She's also coming to pretty good conclusions from those findings. Hard to ask for more at this point.


raynpelikoneet - Strong town read

On November 03 2015 01:01 Xatalos wrote:
rayn has been very focused on finding townreads, something I think fits better with his town meta and is perhaps more useful in this game than finding a scum.


Superbia - Town read, though a tier below the previous ones. Questions the initial push, but seems content with him for the most part.

On November 03 2015 00:54 Xatalos wrote:
Hm..... I think HtS/rayn/Superbia has a decent chance of being Spy-free. It would be worth considering at least.


On November 03 2015 01:31 Xatalos wrote:
Well, I don't think Superbia's later posts were bad either. He somewhat decently explained his reason for the initial scumread on me and then townread me for a good reason too


Rels - Null, though this sounds more like townie null

On November 03 2015 00:05 Xatalos wrote:
Hm.. I'd maybe put Rels into the null pile. I think his explanations somewhat made sense, and he's actively doing stuff (even if he can be active as scum, it's still easier to be a little less active than that as scum). Otherwise it seemed generally okay.


Artanis[Xp] - Null/No shared opinion?
ShoCkeyy - Null/No shared opinion?

sicklucker - Null

kitaman27 - Scum read for lack of interaction at start of the game. Hasn't elaborated much about me since then.

From his position knowing that there are three anti-town players, it seems like he isn't really suspicious of anyone aside from me, especially considering that he has so many posts already. I know that I'm probably biased considering that I'm the only one he seems to think is a spy, but that doesn't seem very satisfactory to me. He seems quite content with the status quo.

On November 02 2015 23:52 Xatalos wrote:
Well, tbh I might take rayn and Superbia with me as well right now. Not because they're super town, but because there aren't that many good options. I hope that situation fixes itself.


I know from my perspective, I wouldn't be so willing to pass along the nominations if I don't have a great idea of where the bad guys might be. Right now it seems more like a process of elimination based on the lack of posts from the null players. Considering we can have several more cycles to get that part sorted out, I'm concerned about his willingness to rush things along so long as he is included in the nomination.

I still don't think I've spotted an alternative to super/xat that I'd be satisfied with yet though. It seems that I have the opposite problem than xat. Most people are coming off as untrustworthy/null, rather than the other way around

Pretty cool find! Xatalos definitely looked for scumreads in the vanilla game.


If Rels concurred with this and this is in line with the Xatalos lack of quality reads mafia meta, then there's a decent chance Rels might be town? Ehhhh lemme read on...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 21:57 GMT
#1964
So both of you are scumreading each other for dodging questions? Am I reading that right? I think I can see what Artanis is doing with #2 tbh, but seeing people hesistant to show all their cards to a potential scumread is not something I consider scum indicative.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:04 GMT
#1967
Hell, I might need to downvote this team regardless of what I think on Rels.

I went to the database to look through Superbia's activity and sicklucker is actually correct regarding activity. Day 3 equivalent games show more than twice the number of pages for town as mafia. The same thing for 4 day equivalents. We are seven actual days into this game and more or less a normal game this would be Day 3. Only six pages.

What gives me pause is Xata's approach day 1 (which I might need to double check) towards him. And I felt when he did post, he was town.

Goodness this game is hard.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:07 GMT
#1970
On November 09 2015 07:03 ShoCkeyy wrote:
No but what is scum indicative is the fact that Xata was A) on the first mission, B) still town reads Rayn after said first mission. Isn't that the same kind of stubbornness that Rayn shows? In all honesty, I can find SL to be town, but there is definitely a mafia between rayn and xata, or theyre both mafia.

Now for this next mission coming up, I really don't like the fact that Kita has a ton of mafia leans still while never giving his reads fully. Makes me question him at this point, but then there is Artanis too.


Fair enough.

ATM I'm trying to see a game where you and Rels are actually town and I feel that Xata is the scum that failed mission 1. I'm finding a town Rels more possible but....the rest of this team.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:11 GMT
#1972
On November 09 2015 07:05 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 06:57 Half the Sky wrote:
So both of you are scumreading each other for dodging questions? Am I reading that right? I think I can see what Artanis is doing with #2 tbh, but seeing people hesistant to show all their cards to a potential scumread is not something I consider scum indicative.

Source on arta scumreading me for dodging plz.


OH SHIT. I just read post #1962. No I misread with all those line breaks. Disregard that last post then.

And then I see this explanation from Artanis.

I have explained why I think you're likely scum. The gist of it comes down to how it seems like you're just throwing shit at everyone and seeing what sticks, and how you seem to be posting just to be posting. That "vote analysis" thing I dissected was an example of that.


If I'm following those line breaks correctly, oh god that is a bad explanation from Artanis. I don't agree with that explanation.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:13 GMT
#1975
We have a rayn/Artanis/Superbia/Rels team up for the nomination right? I'm thinking I'm going to put in a no vote for now.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:16 GMT
#1976
Yeh, I know deadline is a bit rough wanting to go to bed early. 2215 here. I think I might crash after deadline.

Shockey, what do you think about Superbia/Artanis in general? I know Artanis looked at you (IIRC) saying you "could" be scum for not having much reads and not wanting to give teammates away.

I know you are (were?) scumreading rayn but any developing thoughts on superbia or Artanis?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:18 GMT
#1977
On November 09 2015 07:13 Half the Sky wrote:
We have a rayn/Artanis/Superbia/Rels team up for the nomination right? I'm thinking I'm going to put in a no vote for now.


No I stand corrected. This is what happens when you multitask too much.

On November 08 2015 08:08 Fidei86 wrote:
Artanis[Xp] has nominated the following team for Mission 2:

Artanis[Xp]
Rels
Kitaman27
Superbia

Please PM your votes to myself and Ticktock. You may switch your vote as often as you like, until the deadline.

Phase will end in at 23:00 GMT (+00:00) on 8 November 2015.


Still the point of contention is Superbia/Artanis.

sicklucker can you help me on this re: Superbia.....pleeeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeeeee
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:23 GMT
#1981
In a world where Rels is town, does a Xatalos/Artanis/TBD team make sense? Food for thought and for future reference.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:26 GMT
#1982
This is hard. I voted no, but quite ironically it wasn't because of Rels. Now I might have to double back on Artanis and make sure I didn't miss anything else.

From a town mindset Rels scumreading me could also be the result of him not understanding Resistance, which is why I ignored any interactions between the two of us. For example, my talking about teams one round in advance is something I do in the real game and especially as resistance. (At least in those games I've yet to be criticised for doing so if it IS a bad strategy.)
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:40 GMT
#1985
Alright #1242 from Rels is pretty towny as well. Prior he had the same thought on SL/Artanis for the mission that failed (before it failed) and obviously I felt the same. NAI at worst, towny at best.

The concept of Rels pushing townleaders is possible given his scum game so for now I consider that NAI....almost through with this filter.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:41 GMT
#1986
Not sure how the others voted on this team, but I'm hoping for now it fails. 20 more minutes...

Sidenote: Should have time on and off tomorrow to keep playing. Tuesday's workday however is looking very bad though
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:44 GMT
#1987
On November 07 2015 10:10 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 10:08 Xatalos wrote:
On November 07 2015 10:06 Rels wrote:
Another thing I didn't like, and he refused to comment on after being asked maybe 5 times: rayn put suspicions in both HTS and me in a short period of time.
On November 05 2015 03:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 05 2015 03:27 kitaman27 wrote:
On November 05 2015 03:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
She thinks both you and kita are town but she picks the person that is least likely to get yay-voted in the team.
It makes very little sense.


What would be the mafia motivation to suggest a team with a less optimal chance of success here?

If HtS is mafia it comes down to this:
1) the team of HtS/Xatalos/rayn gets yay'd; me and Xatalos have "almost definitely confirmed scum", which suddenly makes everything HtS says after that a possibility of a big fuckup. She also needs to argue why Xatalos is scum.
2) the team of HtS/kita/rayn gets yay'd; She can actually more conveniently argue that kitaman is scum, because other people think kitaman is scum aswell. She don't even really need to argue, she can just +1 on the points. (the contrary to (1) is that i am not 100% arguing against her)
3) the team of HtS/kita/rayn get's nay'd (which is very very likely in the first place); she doesn't out herself, and passes the turn onto someone else -- she "looks better" to you, which increases her possibilities of getting picked later on as she is "right".

Personally i see the scum motivation in (2) and (3) over (1). If i was at HtS' position i would definitely pick either (2) or (3) over the possibility (1), since regardless of who is scum in this game at that time (and even now) the town is not working very well together.

On November 05 2015 03:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't have much to say to your big post kita. I just disagree.
I suggest you go read Rels' scumgames to see what he is capable of:
Season of the Witch II[/ur]
Battle of Drams

Basically the cases he makes look "good" but they are boring. lol, i can't explain that better.
Like here Superbia and to some extent HtS are like furious and spit flames everywhere (like BM in SotW game) when getting into argument with Rels. Rels is just.. boring, and the reasoning is boring. And he makes conclusions that don't make any sense, at all.

And here is what he thinks about busing in this setup:
On November 05 2015 01:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you read his filter, rayn always considers teams when he puts out suspicions. But there, he considers us both possible scums, when in his giant post he said that about busing:
The best way of playing Resistance, at least what i have figured out is to play the first cycle as you were playing mafia. What Rels said is completely untrue, just because if mafia does not look town they cannot bus, everything is situational. The way to play is to give out reads, town and scumreads. While townreads are "more important" here, the fact is that mafia doesn't want an all town team to go on a mission, that should be obvious. Now if scum are bussing, it hinders their changes of getting a mission where there is scum on it to go through, just because they have to downvote missions (unless they themselves are the scum there).

Now if mafia busses, and there happens to be a town leader, they might find themselves in a situation where they must accept an all town team, because otherwise they give themselves away. You can't just have three scumreads and when a mission goes up where all the people there are townread by you, you just can't say "i am nay-voting this team, because...".

So if doesn't think scum would bus this game; but he's considering HTS to be a possible scum, when he's convinced I'm scum. If both reads were light reads, that could explain it, as only one of them could be true in his mind; but rayn is convinced since pretty early in the game I am scum. This fact + his view on bussing should make him view HTS as town.


That's just unflipped association though? I don't think it should completely remove a scumread on either of you, even if it could maybe cause him think that you're not both scum together.

So SL is considered town because "all the scummy people don't want to vote for him"; but this consideration don't extend to HTS being pushed pretty hard by rayn's second hardest scumread after Shockey ?


I completely missed this post. This is a really good response.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:49 GMT
#1988
Alright I'm done with Rels' filter. Now I have to turn some attention to Xatalos and Artanis. Particularly our resident protoss.

The third....ah shit. Thing is, I saw Rels'/yours (Shockey) explanation for saying they are scum, I felt your reasons were more NAI for reasons I previously explained and Rels....eh I see where he's coming from but I really do feel rayn is town.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 22:51 GMT
#1989
On November 09 2015 07:01 Rels wrote:
No here is why arta is probably scum:
- voting yes to a failure team while not in said failure team
- his read on me is super convenient and is based on nothing strong
- he nominated a team without me; rayn tells him to nominate me; he argues that he thinks I am scum, then he nominates me anyway


If Lex is mafia, from a mafia perspective it might be easy to set Rels up as the fall guy. And he could be taking advantage of rayn being wrong. When rayn is wrong (reference Drams) chaos ensues.

Time to check that part of the game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 23:01 GMT
#1991
Thank goodness.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 23:02 GMT
#1992
So our lovely Lex decided to place someone he was scumreading on his team at rayn's suggestion and then vetoed the team anyhow. Interesting. Food for thought.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 23:05 GMT
#1993
So at least 2 if not all 3 scummers voted no to this. Might have been to disguise the likely scummer(s) on this team?

rayn's phase will be interesting.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
November 08 2015 23:11 GMT
#1996
Shockey voting yes.....

Prior reads:

rayn/HTS (red)
rels/kita/artanis/super (green)

Xata/SL (???)

Change in reads:

On November 09 2015 07:22 ShoCkeyy wrote:
In all honesty, this is my town reads right now. Rels, SL, HtS and Myself... Straight up had to switch it.


Shockey if you are still there and if you upvoted the team, I see Rels obviously there as a new townread, but if you thought scum Artanis was possible why upvote the team? I know you said you were struggling to decide but...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31377
Shuttle 2694
Bisu 1017
Horang2 964
Jaedong 824
Light 384
BeSt 381
firebathero 320
Hyuk 297
actioN 279
[ Show more ]
Mini 278
Soma 238
Stork 228
EffOrt 200
Zeus 197
Soulkey 171
Last 139
ggaemo 138
Leta 129
Snow 109
ZerO 100
Pusan 83
Rush 79
Killer 53
Mong 49
hero 46
Mind 36
Aegong 36
Sharp 33
Shinee 26
Bale 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
soO 20
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
Yoon 18
Terrorterran 14
PianO 14
sorry 13
JulyZerg 13
zelot 12
Free 12
HiyA 10
Trap 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2272
qojqva1396
Dendi833
Fuzer 123
League of Legends
Reynor109
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1474
x6flipin332
markeloff43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1890
crisheroes787
Other Games
gofns27428
singsing2050
B2W.Neo503
XBOCT336
DeMusliM190
Livibee168
XaKoH 130
Liquid`LucifroN128
Mew2King117
ArmadaUGS102
QueenE90
Chillindude10
ZerO(Twitch)8
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream273
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2340
• TFBlade437
Other Games
• WagamamaTV143
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
Stellar Fest
1h 2m
OSC
12h 2m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.