• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:45
CEST 06:45
KST 13:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8273 users

Post Size Length!

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 01 2007 00:38 GMT
#1
Choose the most appropriate category.

For instance, if your monitor size is 1280x760, then the resolution is greater than 1024x760 but smaller than 1280x1024, so choose a category with 1280x1024 (depending on how long your posts are).

The reason that I am posting this poll is because I believe there to be a correlation between screen resolution and the length of the posts that users type.

For those curious, I am often accused of having excessively long, wordy posts. My monitor's resolution is 1920x1200 (widescreen).

[image loading]

Poll: What is your monitor resolution and post length?
(Vote): <= 800x600 / greater than average post length
(Vote): <= 1024x760 / greater than average post length
(Vote): <= 12800x1024 / greater than average post length
(Vote): <= 1600x1200 / greater than average post length
(Vote): > 1600x1200 / greater than average post length
(Vote): <= 800x600 / shorter than average post length
(Vote): <= 1024x760 / shorter than average post length
(Vote): <= 1280x1024 / shorter than average post length
(Vote): <= 1600x1200 / shorter than average post length
(Vote): > 1600x1200 / shorter than average post length
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
September 01 2007 00:42 GMT
#2
1680x1050 and all i ever do is post one liners basically.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
September 01 2007 00:43 GMT
#3
Having something worthy to say is a posting attribute that has nothing to do with the resolution on your monitor.
ModeratorGodfather
EnDeR_
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Spain2944 Posts
September 01 2007 00:44 GMT
#4
1440x900, I'm not much of a writer so my posts tend to be short
estás más desubicao q un croissant en un plato de nécoras
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
September 01 2007 00:44 GMT
#5
what? i clicked on one of the 1280x1024.
Moonlight Shadow
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
September 01 2007 00:45 GMT
#6
12800x1024 / greater than average post length
thats a huge monitor


I'm probably one of the few people who uses 1152x864
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
September 01 2007 00:53 GMT
#7
I will now and then write big long posts when I have a lot to say.

Otherwise it's just flames and congratulations.

Also, I thought this would be another dick poll.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
September 01 2007 00:58 GMT
#8
Directly proportional to penis length.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
September 01 2007 00:59 GMT
#9
There's a very good saying -

A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
September 01 2007 01:06 GMT
#10
I really really doubt that resolution has anything to do with post length. There are alot of factors that could affect the postlenght but I guess it just comes down to personality.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
oshibori_probe
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States2937 Posts
September 01 2007 01:09 GMT
#11
The title is so misleading...
Fuck KeSPA.
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-01 01:22:27
September 01 2007 01:12 GMT
#12
I got a 1280x800 laptop so i can't vote but monitor size isn't really the important factor here.

More important is how cluttered your window is and how much you type.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 01 2007 01:14 GMT
#13
On September 01 2007 10:12 LxRogue wrote:
I got 1280x800 laptop so i can't vote but monitor size isn't really the important factor here.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
September 01 2007 01:27 GMT
#14
1680/1050 // I don't know...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
September 01 2007 01:27 GMT
#15
On September 01 2007 10:09 oshibori_probe wrote:
The title is so misleading...


LoL, qft.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
September 01 2007 01:32 GMT
#16
You know, I swear if you looked at standardized test essay lengths, the distribution of essay length would be nonuniform, clumping significantly towards the end of one page, the end of the second page, the end of the third page, etc.

But the post box here afaik is the same size for everybody so I wouldn't expect any significant correlation. But who knows.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 01 2007 01:43 GMT
#17
On September 01 2007 09:43 Manifesto7 wrote:
Having something worthy to say is a posting attribute that has nothing to do with the resolution on your monitor.


You're right, but I think people who have smaller monitors try to be more concise because after awhile they start going "holy shit, look how long my post is." My longer posts don't normally fill my screen.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
September 01 2007 01:48 GMT
#18
On September 01 2007 10:32 Myrmidon wrote:
You know, I swear if you looked at standardized test essay lengths, the distribution of essay length would be nonuniform, clumping significantly towards the end of one page, the end of the second page, the end of the third page, etc.

But the post box here afaik is the same size for everybody so I wouldn't expect any significant correlation. But who knows.



Not at all true. Right now I just increased my resolution and the reply box takes up most of the screen.

If I scroll to the top of the page, I cannot see the last thread on the left side panel for the SC 2 forum. If I max out my res, I see all the way to the bottom of sports and games.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
September 01 2007 02:11 GMT
#19
On September 01 2007 10:48 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2007 10:32 Myrmidon wrote:
You know, I swear if you looked at standardized test essay lengths, the distribution of essay length would be nonuniform, clumping significantly towards the end of one page, the end of the second page, the end of the third page, etc.

But the post box here afaik is the same size for everybody so I wouldn't expect any significant correlation. But who knows.



Not at all true. Right now I just increased my resolution and the reply box takes up most of the screen.

If I scroll to the top of the page, I cannot see the last thread on the left side panel for the SC 2 forum. If I max out my res, I see all the way to the bottom of sports and games.


Well, what I meant was that the post box is the same number of pixels, not the relative size on the screen. Try copy/paste the following message into a post box: + Show Spoiler +

This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012
This is a test 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012


or some such. It fits exactly for me, but that might depend on system font etc. Just fill up the post box with material of any sort, like the above. Then switch resolution to lower and higher. The post box should still be filled exactly, just scaled differently depending on your resolution.
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
September 01 2007 02:21 GMT
#20
Do most people really maximize their browser windows? I usually have about 20-40 open across my 6 desktops, and I never maximize them unless there's a poorly designed site that won't fit in the width (they are wider than 800 in the restored state). That would have a bigger effect than resolution, I would think.
I <3 서지훈
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft394
RuFF_SC2 196
Nina 98
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2093
sorry 36
Bale 22
910 16
yabsab 13
Icarus 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1196
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
JimRising 767
Day[9].tv487
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0234
Livibee148
Sick140
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick847
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Other Games
• Day9tv487
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 16m
Stellar Fest
8h 16m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.