• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:37
CEST 06:37
KST 13:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9418 users

2008 Bacchus OSL - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ray1234
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada679 Posts
January 09 2008 03:24 GMT
#81
Cant wait for the intro video!!! I hope its even better than the EVER '07 one!
go OVERSKY MODE!
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 09 2008 03:34 GMT
#82
that's a lofty goal, the ever 2007 opening was the best i've ever seen
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
The Storyteller
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
Singapore2486 Posts
January 09 2008 03:49 GMT
#83
On January 08 2008 15:05 HonestTea wrote:

Basically, it turns you into a beserker for 60 minutes, afterwards you become a zombie for 120 minutes.



Or a berserker for 2 OSLs and a zombie for a third...
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
January 09 2008 03:51 GMT
#84
Why do people assume an energy drink company is a bad sponser? They are very likely to see a boost in sales from this investment and energy drink companies are highly profitable. Most likely OGN got a pretty solid deal.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
January 09 2008 03:57 GMT
#85
I agree with Foreverwar. A known energy drink is a pretty good sponsor for an event.

Funny thing is that I didn't know Korea had Bacchus as well. Its pretty common here in the philippines
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
The Storyteller
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
Singapore2486 Posts
January 09 2008 03:57 GMT
#86
It's not so much the money. It's the association with the product that apparently many people see as a little dodgy. To take an extreme example, I don't think OGN would take a cigarette company as a sponsor no matter how much money they offered.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
January 09 2008 04:12 GMT
#87
lol, this just looks really bad... and yeah Last_romantic! TheRock ftw!!!!
w/e
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 06:06:15
January 09 2008 05:58 GMT
#88
On January 09 2008 12:57 The Storyteller wrote:
It's not so much the money. It's the association with the product that apparently many people see as a little dodgy. To take an extreme example, I don't think OGN would take a cigarette company as a sponsor no matter how much money they offered.

Sure, but why not energy drinks? Energy Drinks sponsering a video game league makes perfect sense. Gamers drink a LOT of energy drinks.

Red Bull sponsers a lot of competitive events.

And to say that OGN shouldn't accept the sponser because the drink is bad for you is a little silly. I seriously doubt the drink contains nicotine because in the united states it would be illegal for them to do that. But maybe korea has different regulations. Either way, as someone mentioned before, shitty beer companies have been sponsering all types of sporting events for decades. And those are definitely not good for you. Niether is Red Bull.

Basically, I wouldn't consider this a sign at all that OSL is having trouble finding sponsers.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
January 09 2008 06:35 GMT
#89
What are you guys talking about?
Bacchus is very well-liked and popular in Korea. Who cares if it's a energy drink? I don't see why it matters at all. Like Foeverwar said, it's actually even better! Good sponsor.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
January 09 2008 06:40 GMT
#90
On January 09 2008 15:35 OneOther wrote:
What are you guys talking about?
Bacchus is very well-liked and popular in Korea. Who cares if it's a energy drink? I don't see why it matters at all. Like Foeverwar said, it's actually even better! Good sponsor.

then explain the "ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ아완불온" comments to me that's plagued the thread.

http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=ONG&idx=23248
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 06:51:46
January 09 2008 06:49 GMT
#91
On January 09 2008 15:40 Live2Win wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2008 15:35 OneOther wrote:
What are you guys talking about?
Bacchus is very well-liked and popular in Korea. Who cares if it's a energy drink? I don't see why it matters at all. Like Foeverwar said, it's actually even better! Good sponsor.

then explain the "ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ아완불온" comments to me that's plagued the thread.

http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=ONG&idx=23248


Explain to me how those comments prove OGN is having difficulties finding sponsors. It doesn't say anything about declining interest in Starcraft either. Yeah, Bacchus Starleague sounds funny but people will get over it.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
January 09 2008 06:51 GMT
#92
On January 09 2008 15:49 OneOther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2008 15:40 Live2Win wrote:
On January 09 2008 15:35 OneOther wrote:
What are you guys talking about?
Bacchus is very well-liked and popular in Korea. Who cares if it's a energy drink? I don't see why it matters at all. Like Foeverwar said, it's actually even better! Good sponsor.

then explain the "ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ아완불온" comments to me that's plagued the thread.

http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=ONG&idx=23248


Explain to me how those comments prove OGN is having difficulties finding sponsors. Yeah, Bacchus Starleague sounds funny but people will get over it

no I mean explain why the Korean guys find it funny... I personally like Bacchus, though I don't drink it often, but I don't live in Korea so I don't really get what's so funny about it.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 07:00:31
January 09 2008 06:55 GMT
#93
On January 09 2008 15:51 Live2Win wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2008 15:49 OneOther wrote:
On January 09 2008 15:40 Live2Win wrote:
On January 09 2008 15:35 OneOther wrote:
What are you guys talking about?
Bacchus is very well-liked and popular in Korea. Who cares if it's a energy drink? I don't see why it matters at all. Like Foeverwar said, it's actually even better! Good sponsor.

then explain the "ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ아완불온" comments to me that's plagued the thread.

http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=ONG&idx=23248


Explain to me how those comments prove OGN is having difficulties finding sponsors. Yeah, Bacchus Starleague sounds funny but people will get over it

no I mean explain why the Korean guys find it funny... I personally like Bacchus, though I don't drink it often, but I don't live in Korea so I don't really get what's so funny about it.


Hahaha well that wasn't my point I was gettin at with my initial post but..I don't know Bacchus is just kind of..humorous. It's really hard to explain. The fact that the Bacchus commercials are shit-awful doesn't probably help. The ending always goes something like "속을 시원하게 해주는 바카스!!" Lol. I am actually not sure, but I guess people find it funny when OGN goes from Ever, Shinhan Bank, Daum and etc to... Bacchus.

(what I was saying was being sponsored by Bacchus, which is after all a large company, doesn't say anything about the decreasing interest in Starcraft and such. But yeah, I will be the first one to admit Bacchus Starleague is pretty hilarious. Come on, it's BACCHUS!!!)
[image loading]
Spenguin
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia3316 Posts
January 09 2008 11:58 GMT
#94
Maybe if we slip this to Savior before he plays FBH again *thoughts of glee* A wall jumping Savior, now that would make my day!
< TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #46 > I came for the Brood War, I stayed for the people.
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
January 09 2008 12:14 GMT
#95
I like how people make caffine and taurine out to actually be some sort of crazy drug thatll make you do all sorts of weird things. Not the case

If we slip it to savior before the game it will probably have no effect because I'm sure every progamer is probably dosed up with caffine anyways So it might make him shake a little and have a stomach ache. Yes I know you're kidding but oh well.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
January 09 2008 12:27 GMT
#96
I'm looking forward to this OSL. The line up looks good (sea or xellos ftw!), it's cool to see less terrans (more tvp & tvz) and bacchus schmacchus anyway. The important thing is they have a sponsor. I mean it can't be worse than the pringles man dancing around like the msl had it.

Altough it looks like medicine and their logo is kinda cheap it's the osl that matter in the end. I expect hyperfast cuts in the intro. Anything else would be disapointing
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 12:40:12
January 09 2008 12:39 GMT
#97
Wholeheartedly rooting for July and Bisu in this one. Seeing July grab the golden mouse would be amazing. I'm a huge fan of his offensive zerg play and if he can just stay focused throughout this OSL.. well. I'm cheering for you anyway, chubby-cheeked man. And Bisu, please don't roll over and die just yet - I really believe the SC scene still needs a revolutionist protoss. Just stay creative (mb even time to update/finetune your PvZ?) and oh-so-slick and you'll be just fine. Really.

I'd love it for SaviOr and XellOs to do really well too, if only for the presence of old-school.
Especially SaviOr deserves a break. He looked amazing vs NaDa in the dual-tournament and the way he was steaming after "FBH III" he's either going to berserk his way into the finals, or fizzle out before RO8. Hoping for the prior.

As mentioned above - this could be a wonderful OSL (go Bacchus, go etc! ^^) if you're not crazy about TvT.
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
JensOfSweden
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Cameroon1767 Posts
January 09 2008 12:42 GMT
#98
On January 08 2008 14:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
i want to see Rock pull out a Bacchus energy drink after a win, but inside the bottle it's not an energy drink at all, but rather the blood of his enemies


rofl win
<3 Nada [On and off TL.net since 2002
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-09 12:44:38
January 09 2008 12:44 GMT
#99
Don't count Bisu out just yet. His game vs Jaedong was on a map which heavily favors zerg and his game vs Yarnc was just a huge fuck up in control. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see him continue to dominate zergs. That is if his confidence is still intact.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
mrdx
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Vietnam1555 Posts
January 09 2008 12:56 GMT
#100
An energy drink sounds like a perfect sponsor As long as it's not cigarettes/drugs, I don't see any problem here. Otherwise milk companies are the only option left for OGN I guess.

And it will be hilarious (but not so surprising) if Ongamenet get a diaper/baby lotion company as a sponsor in the near future. Those fan girls gotta get married someday you know

Johnson's Baby OSL.- I can already see it coming.
BoxerForever.com - the one and only international Boxer fansite since 2006 :)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2115
Snow 110
NaDa 38
Bale 30
Noble 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
taco 517
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1445
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
C9.Mang0182
ArmadaUGS163
Maynarde141
Sick102
ViBE76
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki151
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush989
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 23m
OSC
8h 23m
Stellar Fest
8h 23m
OSC
19h 23m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.