• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:09
CEST 23:09
KST 06:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8474 users

[Interview] MSL Ro32 Group H Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
kassi
Profile Joined April 2010
United States290 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 20:28:35
December 30 2010 17:36 GMT
#1

[image loading]

(P)Bisu!! Hairtoss!
(T/N: This is my first time translating... let me know if I should change anything ^^)


-How do you feel about reaching the Ro16?
It's a relief that I survived the Ro32 as I thought my group was the strongest. And I'm glad that I got my revenge on (Z)Shine (haha).

-On the whole, it felt like you "gritted your teeth" for this game.
Because the games ended pretty quickly I wasn't able to show that much but I really prepared for these games. When I practiced, good situations came out and I was confident for today's game as well, but I was a little surprised because the situation was a little different than in practice. My hands were also shaking a lot. In the 1st set, after my cannon rush succeeded, I was really shaking (haha).

-In the winner's match, you played (P)Kal.
I practiced PvP more. I was confident and the game went the way I predicted so I was happy.

-In the 1st set you cannon rushed. You don't use this strategy often...
Looking at the map, if there was a space for cannons I wanted to build them. In practice, I tried cannon rushing and because it worked well, I won almost all those matches. In practice, the opponent zerg would usually finish the hatchery and block it or if the hatchery got taken down the game would end. But unlike my expectation, (Z)Shine cancelled the hatchery and made one at a different location which startled me.

-You defended against (Z)Shine's all-in attack well.
I think it was because I had already made alot of zealots. While I was scouting, I saw hydras so I thought 'lurkers are probably coming' but at that moment, 3 lurkers came to attack. I was really surprised and thought that I had lost. It was nervewracking. Although there were also alot of zerglings, I blocked it well and sighed in relief. I targeted the lurkers with my cannons. If I did not target the lurkers, I would have lost. Because I did not have any observers, if I did not get past that point, I would have handed over the game. To be honest, I don't really remember that point of the game (haha). My hands moved as if in a trance (T/N: Thank you Ambasa! trance sounds much better than my former words: like crazy by themselves, lol).

-Against (P)Kal, you used dark templars.
Because my probe stayed alive for a long time, I was able to keep the advantage. I gained even more from the dark templar so I thought I could not lose. If Kal had produced observers first, it would have been hard. So I debated on whether to make dark templars or not, but I decided to make them and in the end, it worked well.

-In the Ro16, you will meet (P)Stork
I am really looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've played Byung-goo hyung and I think it will be fun. I had hoped to meet him in the Ro8 or Ro4 so I am a little disappointed. I will do my best to win.

-Many zergs have advanced. Expectations for Kim Taek Yong are rising.
I'm not sure yet. It's hard. Because I haven't practiced that much, I'm not sure. If I am at a disadvantage, I will find a way around it; if I am at an advantage, I will take the advantage and win. First of all, I need to advance to Ro8.

-Any last words?
Even though there was no practice today, thank you to (Z)s2, (임)홍규, (P)By.Sun, and MBC (Z)Saint. I'm glad I was able to answer my fans cheers encouraging me to advance. I feel I've received so much love and this season I will repay this love with results. And lastly, my older brother's birthday is tomorrow so I'd like to wish him a happy birthday (haha). I wish everyone a happy new year.

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=113893&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=

___________________________________________________________________________

[image loading]
Smugtoss~ (P)Kal


-How do you feel about reaching the Ro16?
Because it was very hard group, I was feeling burdened so I'm very happy I made it to the Ro16. My heart feels lighter.

-Your poor results after you got the grand award (T/N: the daesang he won as Protoss of the year) must have troubled you.
In recent games, things did not seem to be working out well so I was distressed. Thankfully I won today, so I am very glad. The team is on vacation and from now, I am on vacation and I will be able to enjoy my vacation.

-Today you met a lot of opponents against whom you do not have good records against.
It was daunting. Although it was daunting, I had confidence and practicing until late last night really helped.

-In the Winner's match, (P)Bisu went dark templar.
I did not know he would use dark templar. I thought he was scouting a lot to play greedily and I really had no idea that dark templar were coming. It really caught me off guard. The moment the dark templar arrived, I thought "It's going to be hard today" (haha). I met Bisu yesterday at 2AM on battle.net and he asked me about PvZ. Because he has the skills to advance 2:0, him asking me was a little... funny (haha). I hope he will teach me too (haha). Sometimes he does teach me but I don't really hang on to people and ask them so I didn't ask (haha). Our conversation was me saying I did not know that much and didn't have anything to teach. I'm watching VODs of good people and imitating them so I had nothing to teach him (haha).

-In the final match, there was a zergling drop.
I did not see that coming at all. Looking at the build, I thought he was going for a greedy play. I was very surprised. Luckily, I defended well and was able to continue without much issue. After that, things went well but I'm a little disappointed I could not finish the game quickly.

-Against zerg, protoss these days are doing well
Today, because I was at an advantage, I could win and these days zerg have also advanced a lot. After hive, play becomes hard and I think now the time has come for protoss to stand up to the challenge (T/N: Thanks again Ambasa)

-In the Ro16, there are 9 zergs.
It is worrisome that zergs are doing so well. Bisu and I are going to grab a meal together. I will ask him for help and I will do my best to defeat (Z)RorO and get to the Ro8. I think if I plan by myself, it will be a little hard.

-Last words?
Because it was vacation, there weren't that many people to practice with and I failed to keep in good condition (haha). So today all of my games were weird and I would like to apologize to all my fans. In the Ro16, I will show a sharp well polished game like a pro. 2010 is coming to a close, I hope everyone ends their year well and happy new year.

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=113897&db=interview&cate=001&page=1&field=&kwrd=
SkyLegenD
Profile Joined February 2010
United States304 Posts
December 30 2010 18:21 GMT
#2
The baller ballin' as usual.
"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte
lisherwin
Profile Joined June 2009
United States51 Posts
December 30 2010 18:24 GMT
#3
Sad Bisu and Stork have to face off prematurely.
#1 fanboy of Sayle, the hero of Broodwar! Sayle Hwaitiiing!!
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
December 30 2010 18:25 GMT
#4
Bisu has an older brother?! Is he as seksi?
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
December 30 2010 18:30 GMT
#5
"My hands moved like crazy by themselves"

Like when he microed against Flash's mines. I know this..:D


Thanks for the interview!
ggaemo fan
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
December 30 2010 18:40 GMT
#6
On December 31 2010 03:24 lisherwin wrote:
Sad Bisu and Stork have to face off prematurely.

At least they actually face off. It would be a shame if they didn't.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Ambasa
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States29 Posts
December 30 2010 18:41 GMT
#7
(T/N: 무아지경을 뭐라고 하지요?)


Trance

korean netizens have been eating it up going OMG IT WAS HIM! TAEK SHIN!
I'm the better carbonated milk, thank you. See? I'm even Terran!
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 30 2010 18:43 GMT
#8
Bisu must have been feeling the pressure. I'm glad he overcame Shine.
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
December 30 2010 18:45 GMT
#9
BISU


Thanks for translating
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 30 2010 18:46 GMT
#10
thanks for interview. cant believe he cannon rushed
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
December 30 2010 19:00 GMT
#11
On December 31 2010 03:30 valaki wrote:
"My hands moved like crazy by themselves"

Like when he microed against Flash's mines. I know this..:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqsSrWZciY0

Thanks for the interview!


I remember that, omg so sick. He split had like 8 goons and each one was split in to 4 groups of 2 in order to kill every mine. Flash musta been going LKJDLKWAJDLWAD
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
December 30 2010 19:00 GMT
#12
I'm really glad bisu finally won, I want him to win MSL, you can do it!
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
December 30 2010 19:04 GMT
#13
thanks for translation
Writer
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
December 30 2010 19:07 GMT
#14
Thanks for translating interviews. Really good read.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
December 30 2010 19:40 GMT
#15
Thanks for the translation. Great read and great games today. Cannon rush - what?
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
December 30 2010 20:15 GMT
#16
lol, it seems like bisu didn't practice his PvT.
Whaaaa?
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 30 2010 20:19 GMT
#17
The Dragons are gonna team up on the zergs
Carefree
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1571 Posts
December 30 2010 20:24 GMT
#18
Kal's interview is hilarious. I agree - the two should grab a meal together. Maybe Bisu can fix the PvP troubles he's been having against Kal recently.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=korean&type=players&id=125&part=games&league=standard&vs=P

Look at this, the only PvPs he's dropped lately has been to Kal (and one game to Stats).
DebOnAire - 「 Bisu[Shield] 」
gongryong
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1430 Posts
December 30 2010 20:28 GMT
#19
Bisu looks very strong now
JAEDONG ÜBERBONJWA!
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
December 30 2010 20:37 GMT
#20
Definitely cheering for stork over bisu, but I'm not sure who will win D:

Bisu is statistically much better and seems to be much stronger in PvP, but you never know with stork (he'll play astoundingly against PvP snipers and win, then lose to random toss scrubs ).
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 526
JuggernautJason33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 650
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 39
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever330
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4757
Liquid`Hasu2012
Other Games
summit1g5896
shahzam455
byalli402
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe140
UpATreeSC82
Chillindude28
Trikslyr26
Railgan18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 51m
Stellar Fest
15h 51m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.